Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Unisex CAS

Comments

• Options
    Xavy_CatXavy_Cat Posts: 350 Member
    I like the idea behind it, at least with the hair and more unisex clothing like t-shirts and jeans. I also wouldn't mind having some more androgynous sims in my game, but I doubt EA is going to allow male sims to run around in a dress in pigtails (not that there's anything wrong with that at) as some comments suggest.
    ms-gif-sims%201_zps4784kijd.gif
  • Options
    ebuchalaebuchala Posts: 4,945 Member
    Writin_Reg wrote: »
    You want to read tons about it - type the following on google--

- The evil doll crashes the Sims 3 exchange -

and you will see what I am talking about..

Also go here - actual instructions and a picture of the rather innocent looking doll on the Sims 3 forum telling us how to get rid of it - unfortunately it would come back though at that point -

http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/218510/get-rid-of-the-evil-doll-from-your-game

ETA - Also want to see what happens when a sim get mis-tagged clothing - in this case a kid or toddler getting clothing labelled for adults - I blame this on unisex clothing as this started happening especially with CC clothing after we started getting the unisex clothing. Here's a video -

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lFOHwZc4zsY

Of course it all got labelled as bad CC but the fact it was fine CC before they did some recoding to the clothes and added unisex hairs and clothing in various age group - do you want all your fav CC to do this?

Sorry but they don't build the game based on what CC people have. Add to that, updates automatically disable your mods in this game so you can double-check if the patch broke them or not and, considering how easy it is to add and remove the mod folder, there's really no reason for people to see this sort of thing in the game unless they don't bother to check their mods after updating.
    Origin ID: ebuchala
    I'm not a psychopath. I'm a high-functioning psychopath. Reaper
  • Options
    Sk8rblazeSk8rblaze Posts: 7,570 Member
    I hope this doesn't happen. I have a feeling I am not only going to tell the age stages of each Sim in my worlds, but now I won't be able to distinguish their gender.
  • Options
    EmmaVaneEmmaVane Posts: 7,847 Member
    edited April 2016
    It was mentioned the gurus can modify assets to make them available for both genders. I doubt they just assign an extra tag. They probably adjust/modify the meshes too. Pretty sure CC creators do the same thing when they gender-swap hairs etc.
  • Options
    Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    edited April 2016
    DOLLDRMS1 wrote: »
    Is it really that exciting that they are just changing tags on content we already have and you can pay for it yet again? No thank you - I can already do that myself if I wanted to bad enough. Really, how about new content for new money. I was not ever really fond of the unisex things we had in previous games as it was - but I would definitely not pay again for things I already have because they change CAS item tags.

I can only speculate but I would imagine the Unisex would be patched in, since it would most likely affect base game items and hairstyles, not just items in a children's SP.

Actually when it comes to clothes in the sims - messing with the tags in previous sims games created monstrous looking kids that sort of looked like giant spiders blasted with radiation. Do we really want to go through that again? And even objects presented issues when tags were messed with - like the evil doll that really messed up some games and were next to impossible to just remove from the game. I recall us even getting warned if we uploaded any lots in the game with that doll we'd get banned after that silly doll knocked the exchange off line. Funny thing there was no issues with tags creating those kind of issues until they started coming out with the unisex clothes etc, as I recall.

Sounds like a wash and repeat of that same old scenario coming yet again.

Well, I do recall the evil doll that invaded saves but I don't think it had anything to do with tags. IIRC, it was simply a bad piece of cc created by someone from TSR. However, since that was a LONG time ago, I confess I've slept since then and may not remember with 100% accuracy, lol.

What I was getting at DD, is when Maxis starts messing with tag changes - like they did in Sims 3 - when they added the unisex style - and yes it was patched in as it is always done when they recode - it messed up CC people already had in the game and children and toddlers were getting adult clothing that turned them to monsters.

The doll was just another example of what happened when creators with objects - again CC of course when they make changes in the game to content already in the game with different labels than what they had to start with. According to the maker of the doll the toy did not need a specific label when she made it, then when Maxis recoded some of the labels and suddenly certain items needed specific labels instead of the game no longer able to use those items - it turned them into something else if the item was CC already in the game. People at TSR were just as shocked as everyone when that innocent doll turned into practically a virus because by the new coding it needed a specific label.

On the other hand clothing that previously would not have even been available to any one but ya's and older, were instead showing up in all ages and creating monsters out of the Sims kids and toddlers. Now had every one removed all their CC before updating their games - neither of these things would have happened enmasse like it did - but of course Sims 3 CC was not easy to remove and so people did not do it and this was the results of what can happen to CC simmers are using when they start recoding tags in CAS and buy mode.

Two totally different scenarios, both incidentally affecting CC - and headaches for players. I just know when folks have CC they love they think they can just add it all back to the game after re-writes to the code, not realizing things like the above 2 things can happen.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• Options
    DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,602 Member
    Yes please! I can finally make my Dylan sim wear a dress and just laugh at him!!! :D And my female sims will look so gorgeous wearing those flannel shirts! <3
    My Top Song of the Day: Innocence by Avril Lavigne
    x3vZicL.gif
  • Options
    friendlysimmersfriendlysimmers Posts: 7,546 Member
    must i remind fellow simmers of these nastys glitche from the sims3 that where also a pain to track down to eliminate i sure no went thjese nastys in the sims4

zswqw3.jpg
    night day everyday boots (sims3 bad custom content)

2qvdxcz.jpg

sims3 baby glitch link to these bad boots
    If you went the sims5 to remain offline feel free to sign this petition http://chng.it/gtfHPhHK please note that it is also to keep the gallery

Repose en paix mamie tu va me manquer :

1923-2016 mamie :'(
  • Options
    edited April 2016
    ebuchala wrote: »

Also go here - actual instructions and a picture of the rather innocent looking doll on the Sims 3 forum telling us how to get rid of it - unfortunately it would come back though at that point -

http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/218510/get-rid-of-the-evil-doll-from-your-game

ETA - Also want to see what happens when a sim get mis-tagged clothing - in this case a kid or toddler getting clothing labelled for adults - I blame this on unisex clothing as this started happening especially with CC clothing after we started getting the unisex clothing. Here's a video -

Of course it all got labelled as bad CC but the fact it was fine CC before they did some recoding to the clothes and added unisex hairs and clothing in various age group - do you want all your fav CC to do this?

Sorry but they don't build the game based on what CC people have. Add to that, updates automatically disable your mods in this game so you can double-check if the patch broke them or not and, considering how easy it is to add and remove the mod folder, there's really no reason for people to see this sort of thing in the game unless they don't bother to check their mods after updating.

I am aware of that - and in fact do not even use CC and was still affected because if this content was in the lots with families or houses on them made before the recode of the game - they became affected because this content was in the inventory of the sims you downloaded or in their houses, and it was changed with the recoded and how those of us that never used CC or mods gtet this trouble into our game - even in my case I did not even have a mods folder in my game period - but the changes caused attachment issues so I got bad content into the game with out even a way to locate it as it added this content - even meshless - and the only way to then remove it as I had no mod folders was first find and uninstall all the lots or families, then uninstall all the games, then clean your registry of all things sims - then reinstall and you could not even save the save games because they were all "infected" as these thing were no longer what they were before when they were made. It is bad enough when you are a CC user - but downright unfair to also mess up the players who do not use CC and mods. That was the problem.

By all right no CC should have installed in my game with out having a mod folder in Sims 3 but when CC is made off of Maxis meshes and it still has the old code it becomes a problem for everyone CC user or not if you download anything at all from the exchange or in Sims 4 the gallery.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!

• Options

I am aware of that - and in fact do not even use CC and was still affected because if this content was in the lots with families or houses on them made before the recode of the game - they became affected because this content was in the inventory of the sims you downloaded or in their houses, and it was changed with the recoded and how those of us that never used CC or mods gtet this trouble into our game - even in my case I did not even have a mods folder in my game period - but the changes caused attachment issues so I got bad content into the game with out even a way to locate it as it added this content - even meshless - and the only way to then remove it as I had no mod folders was first find and uninstall all the lots or families, then uninstall all the games, then clean your registry of all things sims - then reinstall and you could not even save the save games because they were all "infected" as these thing were no longer what they were before when they were made. It is bad enough when you are a CC user - but downright unfair to also mess up the players who do not use CC and mods. That was the problem.

By all right no CC should have installed in my game with out having a mod folder in Sims 3 but when CC is made off of Maxis meshes and it still has the old code it becomes a problem for everyone CC user or not if you download anything at all from the exchange or in Sims 4 the gallery.

I'm actually confused. If you didn't download something from the exchange, how did you get CC in your game? Or, perhaps the better question, wasn't everything on the exchange CC? I never used the exchange or did CC in TS3 because it was more work than I was interested in messing with, so I'm not really clear on how that worked. I was under the impression that the exchange had all the custom content people were sharing. Though I do seem recall browsing through some of the worlds once.

I'm not really clear on how cc can get into your game from the TS4 gallery. My understanding is that it gets stripped off when you download it, so you have to go pick up the CC yourself if you want your Sim or house to have that particular cc item included. Heck, they were even marking items with CC that used some tool for setting your own thumbnails for the gallery so I don't see why or how they would leave out items that have any kind of customization, even if it's something that was made off of a Maxis mesh.
  • Options
    edited April 2016
    The exchange was the same as the gallery - there were Sims families and Lots we could download to our game that other simmers had made and shared from the game. Like right now I can go to my sims page and download my own sims to my game and they get into my game from the Sims 3 exchange.

In dreams - I LIVE!

• Options
    edited April 2016
    The exchange was the same as the gallery - there were Sims families and Lots we could download to our game that other simmers had made and shared from the game.

Oh, so it wasn't just CC stuff? Ok. I didn't realize that. I was pretty insular when I was playing TS3. XD Did Maxis monitor, mark and control the content that was shared with CC?

ETA: I should add, I'm fairly sure that can't happen on the TS4 gallery. The CC gets stripped when you download it so unless you add it directly to the folder yourself, it won't show up on your downloads (you end up with bald and nude sims instead or missing items, wallpapers, floors, etc. in builds).
  • Options
    will681will681 Posts: 319 Member
    people are getting hyped up for nothing...all we have seen so far is a male hair on a female (teaser video)and a female hair and necklace on a male(guru tweet). I think things that will be unisex are hair, accessories and make-up only.
  • Options
    DarciTheFoxDarciTheFox Posts: 1,589 Member
    edited April 2016
    If anyone reads my story, you'll know I am 100% for this feature! I would LOVE it! I would also like a lot more unisex fashion styles. Hair and especially clothing, I would love a lot more unisex clothing options, things designed to look unisex.
  • Options
    DarciTheFoxDarciTheFox Posts: 1,589 Member
    TheSimer wrote: »
    i hope they make an option for beards too. Would love to make a "conchita wurst" sim :wink:

Yaaaaaaaaasssssss!
  • Options
    emyprice95emyprice95 Posts: 344 Member
    I would absolutely love some unisex fashions and hairstyles! So down for this! :D
    I'm a CC Creator and family player that is super hyped that toddlers are back! :smiley:

My simblr is Emy the Gamer
  • Options
    pepperjax1230pepperjax1230 Posts: 7,953 Member
    edited April 2016
    @BOY I never claimed they were the same cross dressing and same sex relationships but I am more willing to have same sex relationships then I am having cross dressing. Since I already have same sex marriages in my game. But I don't want to see a guy dressed up like a girl or a girl dressed up like a guy. That just makes me think that will end up happening around the neighborhood and to me personally that is not acceptable. I think its fine in real life.

@ebuchala you are correct we can't get CC from the gallery you would have to have it in your game to actually have it. But I would not put it past someone to figure out how to hack the gallery where we end up getting CC that being said its actually scary because I got every bad CC there was from the Sims 3 Exchange and I don't want to go through that again. Even now I still have a CC cabinet that was attached to something I downloaded on the exchange I can't get rid of but no one else can get it if I upload something because I took the code out of the cache.
    tenor.gif?itemid=5228641
  • Options
    jackjack_kjackjack_k Posts: 8,601 Member
    edited April 2016
    @Cinebar wrote: »
    Fine, I will then say, no thanks. I don't want townies running around messing up what story I'm trying to realize in the game for myself and the way I play. And it's a good way to just make things unisex and not give males as many styles as the females always get, so less choices. Males always get less choices. I remember in TS3 males had like two or three pairs of shorts and that was it. Now, no worries, just borrow the female clothes. Less work that way.

Males only now have 15% less clothing than females. They get an awful lot compared to previous games.

But you're missing the point. The Sims was ground breaking because it allowed Same-Sex couples in a time where is was still Taboo.
    We're now entering a time where Gender is being more accepted, and Men who want to identify as a Woman would be able to do so here (and vice versa).

Remember though, this game has filtering in CAS. Sims won't generate with certain hair colours due to filtering, or certain face apparences that go too weird. The game will probably generate Sims with Male and Female clothing as normal, and to access the rest you have to untick the Male or Female filter to see all. But townies will spawn only under the correct filter.

It's time for The Sims to once again, be ahead of the times, and allow Gender to be secondary to "Sex", because that's what made the Sims so risky in the first place.

:)
  • Options
    jackjack_kjackjack_k Posts: 8,601 Member
    @Sigzy05 wrote: »
    In my opinion this will only enable Maxis to do less hairstyles per pack and at the same time it will make hairstyles not so unique, both bad. Not to mention townies. If you do this, which I strongly hope you don't, Maxis, expect some threads asking you to display the sex of the sim in the name pannel when you hover over it. (yey more UI clutter :\).

I think you're trying to find the negatives in a positive move by Maxis.

Assuming is often wrong. Nearly everyone assumed we wouldn't be able to run a Restaurant citing "Maxis are too lazy" "Too hard and Expensive" and now that it's proven to be incorrect people are like "I bet it won't even come with a world" or "It's probably a hidden lot" when that literally makes no sense, and people were saying they would rather Maxis work on the GP itself than worry about a new world.

So you know, it's a matter of waiting and seeing, because people always assume the worst, it's nowhere near as bad, and then people still call it the worst, when what they predicted was a lot more worse.

• Options
    husseinandalihusseinandali Posts: 2,622 Member
    EmmaVane wrote: »
    It was mentioned the gurus can modify assets to make them available for both genders. I doubt they just assign an extra tag. They probably adjust/modify the meshes too. Pretty sure CC creators do the same thing when they gender-swap hairs etc.

Nope acutely males head is the same as female head and they have the same head stricture so it just a tick to make them avilabe for male (iam a cc creator)
    yondu-guardians1.jpg
    over here i post my cc
    new: https://simsworkshop.net/members/g1g2.1032/
    old: modthesims.info/m/8847624
    you may know me as g1g2

• Options
    ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    Unisex CAS would be cool. It would help decrease my CC folder for sure. There are some things that look cute on both genders.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • Options
    PolyrhythmPolyrhythm Posts: 2,789 Member
    Nope acutely males head is the same as female head and they have the same head stricture so it just a tick to make them avilabe for male (iam a cc creator)
    It depends on the hair. Short hair is no issue, but long hair will have clipping issues. I did a self-convert for the female ponytail in the picture by just changing the gender tag, but it clipped into the back of most guys I tried it on.
    :*:,:*:*:*::*:,:*:*:*::
    v5Yd2X5.png
  • Options
    Xavy_CatXavy_Cat Posts: 350 Member
    jackjack_k wrote: »
    @Cinebar wrote: »
    Fine, I will then say, no thanks. I don't want townies running around messing up what story I'm trying to realize in the game for myself and the way I play. And it's a good way to just make things unisex and not give males as many styles as the females always get, so less choices. Males always get less choices. I remember in TS3 males had like two or three pairs of shorts and that was it. Now, no worries, just borrow the female clothes. Less work that way.

Males only now have 15% less clothing than females. They get an awful lot compared to previous games.

But you're missing the point. The Sims was ground breaking because it allowed Same-Sex couples in a time where is was still Taboo.
    We're now entering a time where Gender is being more accepted, and Men who want to identify as a Woman would be able to do so here (and vice versa).

Remember though, this game has filtering in CAS. Sims won't generate with certain hair colours due to filtering, or certain face apparences that go too weird. The game will probably generate Sims with Male and Female clothing as normal, and to access the rest you have to untick the Male or Female filter to see all. But townies will spawn only under the correct filter.

It's time for The Sims to once again, be ahead of the times, and allow Gender to be secondary to "Sex", because that's what made the Sims so risky in the first place.

:)

While I agree with you for the most part, I'm not sure EA would risk the backlash. There are already people on this thread complaining they don't want the feature "shoved down their throats" based on two pictures and some speculation.
    ms-gif-sims%201_zps4784kijd.gif
  • Options
    The exchange was the same as the gallery - there were Sims families and Lots we could download to our game that other simmers had made and shared from the game.

Oh, so it wasn't just CC stuff? Ok. I didn't realize that. I was pretty insular when I was playing TS3. XD Did Maxis monitor, mark and control the content that was shared with CC?

ETA: I should add, I'm fairly sure that can't happen on the TS4 gallery. The CC gets stripped when you download it so unless you add it directly to the folder yourself, it won't show up on your downloads (you end up with bald and nude sims instead or missing items, wallpapers, floors, etc. in builds).

That is the way the exchange works too- normally. It was the game maxis meshes though, so the game does not filter out its own meshes is what it came down to. Instead it turned them into something else. I hope it doesn't happen again anyway.

In dreams - I LIVE!

• Options
    BrittanyChick22BrittanyChick22 Posts: 2,130 Member
    edited April 2016
    Cinebar wrote: »
    But @Hermitgirl, the game is already generating townie boys in that one long hairstyle which was for the little girls. I have a problem with my males going around in some of those upswept hairstyles if every hairstyle becomes unisex. In my game I play characters, and I want the world to reflect that story. I hope I can still play the way I want my worlds to look. (the people in it). No buns for males, lol

Yes no to the man bun lol but it really depends if the guy can rock it or not.
    giphy.gif

• Options
    XSimMimXXSimMimX Posts: 613 Member
    Oh I really hope so! I've been relying on CC for short female hairs, and now maybe I can finally get them without hassle!