Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Annual-What The Patch Broke This Time Forum...

Hey Simmers! It's that time of year again! A time for sharing, a time for giving, a time for telling what broke in your game now that the new patch is out! Yes! Time for Simmers to bond together to share what happened in their game for the worst since the latest grow fruit patch was released and how this affects your game play....last night I when my Sim "Beehive Honeypot" was asked to go to a party to the ancient ruins I noticed that when they got there the party scene is no longer there. No Dj, no dj booth, no bartender, no bar. A party to celebrate nothing has finally arrived! Yay! I did notice you could click on an empty space where the smoke would usually be to dance but Sims will dance to nothing. No music. Nothing. So with new temporary game play at your disposal I only have two questions? What did the patch break in your game? And how that affect your game play?

Comments

• SchantalSchantal Posts: 3,082 Member
    That party glitch has been there unfortunately. It was happening to me since the release of GT and it makes me so freaking mad. You have no idea how many times I have been invited somewhere only to arrive and no one is there.

1. To add to bugs, the chemistry table is broken with no patch.

2. There are growfruit trees that have taken over EVERY tree in game (yes, you are meant to have SOME growfruit trees, but it isn't suppose to take over every tree type and harvestable in game).

3. Someone else reported not being able to flush toilets anymore as well.
  • XopaxPaxXopaxPax Posts: 1,769 Member
    WHY THEY CAN'T STOP BREAKING THINGS.
    tenor.gif
  • Sk8rblazeSk8rblaze Posts: 7,570 Member
    Schantal wrote: »
    3. Someone else reported not being able to flush toilets anymore as well.

That's why we have bushes now.

Innovation! :lol:
  • TheSingingSimmerTheSingingSimmer Posts: 3,348 Member
    I stopped patching after the spicy food bug.
  • GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,547 Member
    Gosh, please don't hate me, but I'm not having any noticeably problems. As for the spicy food bug, that's been fixed a patch or two ago.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • IceDrizzle27IceDrizzle27 Posts: 648 Member
    Is there a way to undo a patch? My game has been slow and lagging after the update. As well as having a growfruit evasion and my Sims are not clear, they look blotchy :s:'(
  • rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,593 Member
    Is there a way to undo a patch? My game has been slow and lagging after the update. As well as having a growfruit evasion and my Sims are not clear, they look blotchy :s:'(

Hello,
    You are unable to undo a patch.

Shut down your computer completely. Start the computer again, then launch the game and see if that helps.

Do you have cc/mods in your game? If you do, move your mods folder to the desktop. Then start the game and test to see if the issue is still there. If it has helped with the issue, put your mods/ CC back into the newly generated mods folder that is in the sims 4 folder one by one or in batches and testing after each one to see which is the causes of the problem.

Repairing the game may help. To do that, right click on the sims 4 picture in Origin and click repair.

Try resetting your sims 4 folder and see if that helps. To do that, move your sims 4 folder ( that is in Documents -Electronic Arts - then the sims 4 folder is there ) to the desktop. Then start the game, and a new sims 4 folder will be generated. Exit the game and then add back the "options.ini" file and the "saves" , "screenshots" "tray" "custom music " and "mods" folders from the desktop sims 4 folder to the new sims 4 folder, replacing the new generated file/ folders with the old file/folders.

If the issues remain, test with a new save game and see if the issues are still there,
  • jackjack_kjackjack_k Posts: 8,601 Member
    Small things break in any game when a game gets patched. Nothing new for any game.

But not every Sims patch adds bugs. It's only some patches that add noticable bugs.
    For simmers that are having the issue with the chemistry lab and making serums, a workaround is to try having your sim quit their job then rejoin the career and see if they can use the chemistry lab to make serums then.

This is a link to a helpful blog post that crinrict has posted about the issue.
    http://sims4.crinrict.com/en/2016/03/scientist-can-only-experiment-on-the-chemestry-l
  • gdsssnowmoon69gdsssnowmoon69 Posts: 73 Member
    I have a issue with lag, like if I have them read a book they stand there for 20 minutes to an hour before they move (sim time) or they will have already used the restroom according to the need but not move and then it's like the 'video' aspect of game catches up with the need as they quickly go to the restroom sit and get right back up. It was real bad this morning, so I am hoping this is getting looked into and will be fixed when I get off of work in about 20 hours. That is when I get to play again. I also noticed the speed issue, where if you use high speed for a while and stop it the sim clock goes back like sometimes an hour sim time or 20 minutes. This results in having sometimes not finished homework or skill where the sim will just sit there until the clock gets back to that time. Time delayed notifications and delays in going to work. If the sim has to go to work/school at 8 then they won't even get that automated go to work task until 8:15 and then in their work area turns into 'time to go to work' or school and they get the task to go. Also it's the same as when they return. They get home at 3:15 or later. It's bugging me so I am heading to bed. :D
  • JaeldawnJaeldawn Posts: 93 Member
    I don't know if this is related to the patch, but now I cannot click and drag anything (Either to sell or give to another sim) from my sims inventory. I can click to place in world, but that is it. Also when I click on something in my inventory to place in world, it becomes my cursor even after the item is placed it stays there just hovering near my mouse pointer. I loaded a previous save before I started collecting eggs and growfruit, and it still does it in that old save.
  • SomeChick1SomeChick1 Posts: 535 Member
    edited March 2016
    This patch completely broke my Retail store. Pre-patch - when I left a ton of stuff was out of stock. Now everything has been magically restocked. All of the money that was in my retail account is gone. All of my perks and perk-points gone. Can't mark anything for sale. Can't open the retail store. Can't transfer funds. Going to call and see if I can get a refund from EA on the game and all packs purchased. I have had it.
    ---
    Okay, did some googling and found out this is due to the fact that my Sims moved. Not because of the patch. So... if your Sims move, they lose their Retail Store basically. You have to sell the store and reopen. You lose all Perks and Perks Points. Wish I had known this before. Ugh!
    I have a issue with lag, like if I have them read a book they stand there for 20 minutes to an hour before they move (sim time) or they will have already used the restroom according to the need but not move and then it's like the 'video' aspect of game catches up with the need as they quickly go to the restroom sit and get right back up. It was real bad this morning, so I am hoping this is getting looked into and will be fixed when I get off of work in about 20 hours. That is when I get to play again. I also noticed the speed issue, where if you use high speed for a while and stop it the sim clock goes back like sometimes an hour sim time or 20 minutes. This results in having sometimes not finished homework or skill where the sim will just sit there until the clock gets back to that time. Time delayed notifications and delays in going to work. If the sim has to go to work/school at 8 then they won't even get that automated go to work task until 8:15 and then in their work area turns into 'time to go to work' or school and they get the task to go. Also it's the same as when they return. They get home at 3:15 or later. It's bugging me so I am heading to bed. :D

Hello @gdsssnowmoon69 .
    I am sorry that you are having these issues.
    Do you have cc/mods in your game? If you do, move your mods folder to the desktop. Then start the game and test to see if the issuea are still there. If it has helped with the issues, put your mods/ CC back into the newly generated mods folder that is in the sims 4 folder one by one or in batches and testing after each one to see which is the causes of the problem.

If the issue still remains, repairing the game may help. To do that, right click on the sims 4 picture in Origin and click repair.

Try resetting your sims 4 folder and see if that helps. To do that, move your sims 4 folder ( that is in Documents -Electronic Arts - then the sims 4 folder is there ) to the desktop. Then start the game, and a new sims 4 folder will be generated. Exit the game and then add back the "options.ini" file and the "saves" , "screenshots" "tray" "custom music " and "mods" folders from the desktop sims 4 folder to the new sims 4 folder, replacing the new generated file/ folders with the old file/folders.
    edited March 2016
    Jaeldawn wrote: »
    I don't know if this is related to the patch, but now I cannot click and drag anything (Either to sell or give to another sim) from my sims inventory. I can click to place in world, but that is it. Also when I click on something in my inventory to place in world, it becomes my cursor even after the item is placed it stays there just hovering near my mouse pointer. I loaded a previous save before I started collecting eggs and growfruit, and it still does it in that old save.

Hello @Jaeldawn .
    With your first issue, try coming completely out of the game. Then repair the game. To do that, right click on the sims 4 picture in Origin and click repair.
    Then go back into the game and see if that helps.

Try travelling to another lot and see if that helps the issue.

Remove any mods/cc that you have in your game and see if that helps.,

With your second issue, there are a few things to do when that happens :
    Try traveling to another lot and see if that helps.
    Try going to buy mode and back.
    Simmers have found that taking a picture off an easel has helped to fix the issue.
    Try pausing the game before opening the inventory.
    Do the transferring slowly between items.
    If you still have issues, come completely out of the game. Then go back in again and see if that helps the issue.
    SomeChick1 wrote: »
    This patch completely broke my Retail store. Pre-patch - when I left a ton of stuff was out of stock. Now everything has been magically restocked. All of the money that was in my retail account is gone. All of my perks and perk-points gone. Can't mark anything for sale. Can't open the retail store. Can't transfer funds. Going to call and see if I can get a refund from EA on the game and all packs purchased. I have had it.
    ---
    Okay, did some googling and found out this is due to the fact that my Sims moved. Not because of the patch. So... if your Sims move, they lose their Retail Store basically. You have to sell the store and reopen. You lose all Perks and Perks Points. Wish I had known this before. Ugh!

I am sorry that your lost your retail store because you moved.
  • DruscyllaDruscylla Posts: 2,532 Member
    Just groups are broken for me. Whole families following on one person's date. Unable to leave groups. Getting stuck on lots. :( I am so unamused.
    meow_zpsa650c518.gif
    Druscylla wrote: »
    Just groups are broken for me. Whole families following on one person's date. Unable to leave groups. Getting stuck on lots. :( I am so unamused.

Hello @Druscylla .
    Do you have cc/mods in your game? If you do, move your mods folder to the desktop. Then start the game, play for a little while and test to see if the issues are still there.

If the issues still remain, repairing the game may help. To do that, right click on the sims 4 picture in Origin and click repair.

Try resetting your sims 4 folder and see if that helps. Doing that can help to fix up issues that occur. To do that, move your sims 4 folder ( that is in Documents -Electronic Arts - then the sims 4 folder is there ) to the desktop. Then start the game, and a new sims 4 folder will be generated. Exit the game and then add back the "options.ini" file and the "saves" , "screenshots" "tray" "custom music " and "mods" folders from the desktop sims 4 folder to the new sims 4 folder, replacing the new generated file/ folders with the old file/folders.
  • Americangirlgamer107Americangirlgamer107 Posts: 12 New Member
    OK, so this may not (entirely) be EA's fault, but for some strange reason, I cannot save sims to my library. I have tried re-opening my game, my internet connection is fine, and I have tried to upload a family to the exchange. It doesn't show, neither in my library nor on the exchange. Any help?
  • DegrassiGenDegrassiGen Posts: 2,168 Member
    @Druscylla Everything you said I'm having issues with too...when you mean groups are broken are you talking about how when you start a club gathering and when you go to the hang out spot your not part of the group and the option at the club manager says join gathering but it actually doesn't do anything. And in part you can't tell the group to do anything together...cause that's what's happening to me and in my opinion when an "expansion pack" feature stops working and you pay forty dollars only to not be able to use it this is a serious problem that I personally should stop paying for.

While The Sims 3 had it's issues and for me with the exception of the firefighter career which is near unplayable I never had any glitches or bugs that took away game play from me until The Sims 4. Not only that but Sims in the Sims 4 seem to intrude on you at the worst times including dating. It's like when a Sim enters the conversation in between two lovebirds on a date you have a very hard time trying to get rid of them. I had many issues where two-three Sims would interrupt my date and I would spend most of the time trying to get rid of them...So yes I said all that to say I am not amused!
    OK, so this may not (entirely) be EA's fault, but for some strange reason, I cannot save sims to my library. I have tried re-opening my game, my internet connection is fine, and I have tried to upload a family to the exchange. It doesn't show, neither in my library nor on the exchange. Any help?

Hello @Americangirlgamer107
    Check to make sure that you have ticked the "include custom content" box that is in the advanced section of the filter in the Gallery. The game may be treating them as being modded, and this box needs to be ticked so as you can see them in the library and community section of the gallery.
    @Druscylla Everything you said I'm having issues with too...when you mean groups are broken are you talking about how when you start a club gathering and when you go to the hang out spot your not part of the group and the option at the club manager says join gathering but it actually doesn't do anything. And in part you can't tell the group to do anything together...cause that's what's happening to me and in my opinion when an "expansion pack" feature stops working and you pay forty dollars only to not be able to use it this is a serious problem that I personally should stop paying for.

While The Sims 3 had it's issues and for me with the exception of the firefighter career which is near unplayable I never had any glitches or bugs that took away game play from me until The Sims 4. Not only that but Sims in the Sims 4 seem to intrude on you at the worst times including dating. It's like when a Sim enters the conversation in between two lovebirds on a date you have a very hard time trying to get rid of them. I had many issues where two-three Sims would interrupt my date and I would spend most of the time trying to get rid of them...So yes I said all that to say I am not amused!

Hello @DegrassiGen . Is it during what would normally be the working hours of your sim when they are starting the club gathering? If it is, there is an issue that sims are unable to join club gatherings on vacation days when it would normally be their working or school hours.
  • gdsssnowmoon69gdsssnowmoon69 Posts: 73 Member
    I don't have any mods or CC for The Sims 4. I really haven't felt that need like I did for the other 3 games. I didn't even have an issue until this patch but I will try to repair it. Just saddens me when it works fine and you update it and it no longer works right. The Sims 3 did that to me so many times. One patch made it completely unable to play until the next patch.
    I don't have any mods or CC for The Sims 4. I really haven't felt that need like I did for the other 3 games. I didn't even have an issue until this patch but I will try to repair it. Just saddens me when it works fine and you update it and it no longer works right. The Sims 3 did that to me so many times. One patch made it completely unable to play until the next patch.

Hello
    Try repairing the game and resetting the sims 4 folder like I posted and see if that helps.
    Also try starting a new save game, and test to see if the same issues occur in that save game as well.
  • NHSkandra2k13NHSkandra2k13 Posts: 6 New Member
    Tuesday when I opened up my game, I went in to play my family and it was stuck on the loading screen. The little jingle played as if it was about to go into the lot but it never does. I restarted it and it worked. I thought all my problems were over. I was wrong. I went into CAS to edit their outfits then tried to go back to their house and the jingle played but it wouldn't load up the lot.