Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Male sim pregnant without abduction or mods

So my male sim woke up one night very uncomfortable with the baby symbol in his thought bubble. I looked online and found no explanation and just assumed it had been some kind of nightmare, but now in his moodlets it's gone from saying he must have eaten something funny as he's feeling unwell, to now saying "weird weight gain" "*sim name* has out on quite a few pounds. Surely this is just a phase."
Now, not only was my sim not abducted, but he also didn't woohoo with anyone? Hasn't in a long long time. I also have no mods installed. But my sim is still walking around heavily pregnant!?

Any ideas?

Comments

• Options
    DarciTheFoxDarciTheFox Posts: 1,589 Member
    Maybe he was abducted while you were off playing another house? Congrats! Lol!
  • Options
    DiamondsR4everDiamondsR4ever Posts: 243 Member
    ^^^ I would be so mad if that happened to me!! I hope your sim is just fat Doroh lol.
    The ignore feature is a blessing :D . Don't be afraid to use it!
  • Options
    poeticnebulapoeticnebula Posts: 3,912 Member
    Did he try for baby with any females around town? If so I'd say she was an alien. I've never actually had one of my female aliens impregnate her mate while trying for baby, but I've read about it happening. I think it falls under the careful who you play around with! LOL
    Origin ID: ForgottenAmber
    Twitch: ForgottenAmber
    Discord: ForgottenAmber

31710852153_4c3c66dea7.jpg

#BobSquad
    #BobSquadForever

Friend of Liam
  • Options
    NZsimm3rNZsimm3r Posts: 9,265 Member
    Did he try for baby with any females around town? If so I'd say she was an alien. I've never actually had one of my female aliens impregnate her mate while trying for baby, but I've read about it happening. I think it falls under the careful who you play around with! LOL

This was taken out the game very shortly after Get To Work came out... so it can't be that causing it!
    I'm a girl who likes to play with boys, what can I say... o:)

“Instead of putting players in the role of Luke Skywalker, or Frodo Baggins, I'd rather put them in the role of George Lucas.”Will Wright.
  • Options
    NZsimm3r wrote: »

This was taken out the game very shortly after Get To Work came out... so it can't be that causing it!

So I can stop worrying when my aliens try for baby! That is good to know! :wink:

#BobSquad
    #BobSquadForever

Friend of Liam
  • Options
    Yes..although in some ways I wish they had left that feature in!

“Instead of putting players in the role of Luke Skywalker, or Frodo Baggins, I'd rather put them in the role of George Lucas.”Will Wright.
  • Options

I wish they did too!

#BobSquad
    #BobSquadForever

Friend of Liam
  • Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    Maybe the OP's playing without having updated since before then? I suppose it's possible.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    That's a point... I've been trying to think what could cause this to happen. Although the OP says he didn't woohoo. :/

• Options
    SweetieTreatsSweetieTreats Posts: 2,668 Member
    @rosemow Do you have any ideas?
  • Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,596 Member
    Hello .
    I am not sure how this occurred.
    He will have the “Weird Tummy Ache”, “Weird Weight Gain”, and “Abnormal Changes to Body " moodlets at the start of each of trimesters.
    It may have been a glitch in the game. There has been another simmer who posted the same thing as well occurring recently too, and their sim hadn't been abducted.
  • Options
    Hmm... so I wonder what IS causing this glitch! So weird. Maybe CC? That seems a bit unlikely though. :/

• Options
    Sha2520032003Sha2520032003 Posts: 2,258 Member

Me too! It was the coolest! I actually added it back with MC! Love my aliens
  • Options
    will681will681 Posts: 319 Member
    op - is it a sim downloaded from the gallery? If so, the creator may have had the male sim pregnant (but just not showing yet) or else they cheated the pregnancy in. If it is your own created sim, don't know how it happened
  • Options
    DorohDoroh Posts: 2 New Member
    Hey guys thanks for all your comments! He gave birth to an alien baby!? Again he didn't woohoo with anyone, and @DarciTheFox he wasn't abducted without me seeing as he's my only played sim and he was just asleep so I was just waiting for him to wake up!
    @will681 the sim was created by me so no cheats put in that way.

Honestly so confused! I know when my other sim was abducted a while back and gave birth he had the option to return the baby to its home planet, but that option isn't available for this baby... What a bizarre glitch!
  • Options
    It certainly is a bizarre glitch! :# Not one that is easily reproduced either! Sorry none of us could be of any help but at least you've got an alien you can play with now I guess!

• Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,596 Member
    Doroh wrote: »
    Hey guys thanks for all your comments! He gave birth to an alien baby!? Again he didn't woohoo with anyone, and @DarciTheFox he wasn't abducted without me seeing as he's my only played sim and he was just asleep so I was just waiting for him to wake up!
    @will681 the sim was created by me so no cheats put in that way.

Honestly so confused! I know when my other sim was abducted a while back and gave birth he had the option to return the baby to its home planet, but that option isn't available for this baby... What a bizarre glitch!

Hello :)
    Thankyou for updating us about the birth of the alien baby.
    It is helpful to know what happened in your game for if other simmers post about the same issue occurring in their game too.
  • Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,562 Member
    Decorate a nursery. Sounds like he's in the family way. Did he make the mistake of wishing at the Whispering Wishing Well? I've not had much experience with it, mind you, but they do give a warning …
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,562 Member
    edited March 2016
    Hey, abductions can happen in the blink of an eye! But, generally, you get some fairly creepy music to alert you to its happening. I've now had the same Sim abducted twice. Second time around, he was in bed, and then he was outside caught in the beam! Luckily, even though he's still a fairly young Sims, (just became an Adult), he wasn't impregnated. Phew! I did managed to construct a storyline out of it for my Legacy Challenge blog. The aliens had the audacity to demand he give the children back. :open_mouth: His response? "Eat space dirt." By then all three babies were children.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Options
    est1956est1956 Posts: 46 Member
    > @NZsimm3r said:
    > poeticnebula wrote: »
    >
    > Did he try for baby with any females around town? If so I'd say she was an alien. I've never actually had one of my female aliens impregnate her mate while trying for baby, but I've read about it happening. I think it falls under the careful who you play around with! LOL
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > This was taken out the game very shortly after Get To Work came out... so it can't be that causing it!

Do you know why it was removed? Was it an ethical issue? I was looking forward to it after they wrote that blog post promoting that feature.
    subscribe to my sims youtube pls i'm poor ~ ryan the dreamer
  • Options
    Rns91294Rns91294 Posts: 51 Member
    This just happened to me! My Sim went to Sixam and brought two aliens back to the house. They were standing outside talking and the next thing I know my elder male sim is "dazed". I checked his moodlets, and it said he was dazed form being upducted. Wa an alien at your house? Apparently they can upduct you with mind control and not even woo hoo.
  • Options
    PhoenixFireskyPhoenixFiresky Posts: 8 New Member
    I realize this is an old thread, but this just happened to my sim, too - twice in the past two days (IRL)! He started talking about newbu, then just got bigger and bigger and gave birth to an alien. No woohoo - not even with his wife. It happened again today! I am so frustrated - they live in an apartment, and I do NOT have room for another child! Nor do I want to send a baby back to the home world (assuming it's an alien baby, like the first one). I have no mods installed and nothing to explain this. I wish it would just stop.
  • Options
    SeaDragonSongSeaDragonSong Posts: 2,324 Member

I wish they'd left it in too.
    Story_Banner.png
    Twists In Time And Space (Updated December 2nd 2018. New discord server!)
    Bob Bobson (Updated August 12th 2019)