Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Tweet the Gurus about toddlers on their "Day of Celebrating"

Comments

• SharkDOSharkDO Posts: 252 Member
    edited September 2015
    The sims 4 toddlers are confirmed to be impossioble by the creators when they didnt add them to the game so now we can all go home have rest and cry in our small beds
    |
    |
    | toddlers |
    | rip |
    | died |
    | with sims 4 |
    | |
    |______________|

If that s the case why were toddlers and preteens mentioned in a recent survey?

While I agree they aren't dead, they were most likely mentioned as a (I forget the word, but to take the attention off of how horrible GT was, a backup plan).
    Edit: Damage Control
    Post edited by SharkDO on
    "I'm a Simmer, not a gamer. I feel like my frustration with the game and the reason I don't "get it" is more about a disconnection and confusion with the vision...I'm worried about the future of the franchise."
  • InvaderchickycatInvaderchickycat Posts: 809 Member
    The sims 4 toddlers are confirmed to be impossioble by the creators when they didnt add them to the game so now we can all go home have rest and cry in our small beds
    |
    |
    | toddlers |
    | rip |
    | died |
    | with sims 4 |
    | |
    |______________|

To give people false hope. Keep dangling the hook in hopes of stringing people along longer.
  • SimmentalSimmental Posts: 8 New Member
    > @batmansrobin said:
    > It is really disheartening to see so many simmers fed up and exhausted. I've said it before and I'll say it again. They need to get to wherever the hell they're planning to take TS4. And fast. Everyone is losing their patience.

I think they're already there. People just don't want to admit it.
  • ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    I really try to be happy, but no matter what I just am not today. I mean I should be being that it is the first year anniversary today. This day should feel special, but it just sadly doesn't. :(

It's just one more year without toddlers and the news that supernaturals aren't even tradition anymore digs a nail through the coffin even deeper. That Gamescon presentation really killed any hope I had left for the game. But yeah if toddlers don't come by the end of this year, Maxis better not expect me to buy any packs for this iteration. I'll still give feedback about the game and report bugs, but I will treat it like just another side game.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • egwarhammeregwarhammer Posts: 5,752 Member
    Scobre wrote: »
    I really try to be happy, but no matter what I just am not today. I mean I should be being that it is the first year anniversary today. This day should feel special, but it just sadly doesn't. :(

It's just one more year without toddlers and the news that supernaturals aren't even tradition anymore digs a nail through the coffin even deeper. That Gamescon presentation really killed any hope I had left for the game. But yeah if toddlers don't come by the end of this year, Maxis better not expect me to buy any packs for this iteration. I'll still give feedback about the game and report bugs, but I will treat it like just another side game.

Seriously... who else feels like, whew! First year's in the books. (I'm sure EA probably does... but I mean PLAYERS.)

I've stayed out of the toddler debate. I'd like to have them, but I haven't really missed them. My focus has been more on culling and game-crashing things (like using an older ep's play button causes game data inconsistency errors... or it used to).

But as I look back on the 87,000 save files I've started and restarted over the past year, and 12 months later I'm once again playing through a new game's first Friday (in between these walls of text I've posted this week), I have to ask... is this all there is?

Why keep restarting? Because the game is so hard to play! Unmodded, I refuse to do it. If MC Command Center ever stops working, I am DONE until EA FIXES this worry-fest they boxed up and labeled a Sims game.

I worry about my unplayed sims. I worry about looking at NPCs because I don't want to mess up their settings. I worry about what lot to play depending on what time of day/night it is... who's home? Who's at work? Who's LATE?

I don't worry as MUCH with MC... but I still worry.

I have YET to have ANY game follow the storyline I write as I go in my head. (Which is partly MC-influenced, I'll give you that.)

But with these sims making their own relationships (even without MC they did that... I haven't *always* had it, I started using it at 1.0.4), taking/quitting/changing jobs on their own, no, I can't really say I've been getting the You Rule experience from this game, not at all.

Everything I do (or don't do) makes me worry about what it's going to do to my game.

Is that REALLY the experience they wanted me to have?

• sparkfairy1sparkfairy1 Posts: 11,453 Member
    Scobre wrote: »

Seriously... who else feels like, whew! First year's in the books. (I'm sure EA probably does... but I mean PLAYERS.)

I've stayed out of the toddler debate. I'd like to have them, but I haven't really missed them. My focus has been more on culling and game-crashing things (like using an older ep's play button causes game data inconsistency errors... or it used to).

But as I look back on the 87,000 save files I've started and restarted over the past year, and 12 months later I'm once again playing through a new game's first Friday (in between these walls of text I've posted this week), I have to ask... is this all there is?

Why keep restarting? Because the game is so hard to play! Unmodded, I refuse to do it. If MC Command Center ever stops working, I am DONE until EA FIXES this worry-fest they boxed up and labeled a Sims game.

I worry about my unplayed sims. I worry about looking at NPCs because I don't want to mess up their settings. I worry about what lot to play depending on what time of day/night it is... who's home? Who's at work? Who's LATE?

I don't worry as MUCH with MC... but I still worry.

I have YET to have ANY game follow the storyline I write as I go in my head. (Which is partly MC-influenced, I'll give you that.)

But with these sims making their own relationships (even without MC they did that... I haven't *always* had it, I started using it at 1.0.4), taking/quitting/changing jobs on their own, no, I can't really say I've been getting the You Rule experience from this game, not at all.

Everything I do (or don't do) makes me worry about what it's going to do to my game.

Is that REALLY the experience they wanted me to have?

Well it's at odds with their own advertising slogan 'You rule'. I just wonder how much they actually play-because if they do they should see that isn't the case at all :(
  • BrittanyChick22BrittanyChick22 Posts: 2,130 Member
    yes, its been a year and we should get some answers by now. its been long enough for them to figure out if toddlers are able to placed in the game or not..there for a simple yes, no or sorry they could not be placed in the game would help. But I wouldn't bother tweeting, they won't answer or probably overlook the questions about toddlers anyways.
    giphy.gif

• SkobeeSkobee Posts: 2,864 Member
    I think it would be nice to get an answer, don't know if we'll get one, since they haven't answered anyone in the past year about this subject. They're either not allowed to talk about it, or simply said, they will not be back in the game for these series.

I do have to admit, that seeing the surveys was a bit too much, since so many people want toddlers and even I think it was quite rude to publish this survey, yet say absoluty nothing about it (EA, just talk to your customers..), I got really excited about it but not hearing anything seemed like this was done just so we would think "oh toddlers + pre-teens are coming".

I don't think tweeting will help, they only answer questions they want and are allowed too, but it's a nice way to let your voice heard.

Crossing my fingers that we'll hear something sooner or later :blush:
    Origin ID - RosyAngelina
  • BrittanyChick22BrittanyChick22 Posts: 2,130 Member
    catitude5 wrote: »
    I think it's time to face the fact, there will be no toddlers. This game is a failure, and it's time to get off the Titanic.

but some just keep pulling a rose and jumping back on the boat :'(
    giphy.gif

• dmel15dmel15 Posts: 572 Member
    catitude5 wrote: »
    I think it's time to face the fact, there will be no toddlers. This game is a failure, and it's time to get off the Titanic.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_SoU4qzZlcw

The song is playing people, it's time to abandon ship...

But seriously, it has been 1 year and we are still missing a lot. How is it that Sims 2 was completely remade into the greatness it was when the studio had a fire that destroyed everything, but they can't seem to get things right in Sims 4?
  • husseinandalihusseinandali Posts: 2,622 Member
    |
    |
    | toddlers |
    | rip |
    | died |
    | with sims 4 |
    | |
    |______________|

What survey
    yondu-guardians1.jpg
    over here i post my cc
    new: https://simsworkshop.net/members/g1g2.1032/
    old: modthesims.info/m/8847624
    you may know me as g1g2

• SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,934 Member
    SharkDO wrote: »
    I'm very conflicted on the subject. Half of me feels like this:
    8Faith8 wrote: »
    I do not think there is much point in tweeting them.

We have had numerous discussions, posts, Facebook & Twitter activity regarding toddlers. They know how important the addition of toddlers is to the game. I personally think it is time to just leave the toddler discussion for a bit. To be honest, I think EA may be getting fed up of it.

All we can do is just wait and see what they have lined up for the game. We are only at the second expansion, we are still at the start of our TS4 journey. No amount of discussions or questions will alter the course of the game. They will release toddlers if and when they want to.

While the other half of me feels like "SPAM THEM AND USE THE WORD TODDLERS IN EVERY SENTENCE AND TWEET THEM 500 TIMES A DAY AHH!!!". I feel like both methods are useless though. Ignoring toddlers, waiting for them to come in obviously doesn't work, but neither does spamming them to the point of death. However I do want to know so I personally will be tweeting them (not spamming) about toddlers, but also about other subjects that I am interested in.

Well... I don't tweet, so please let us know what you hear about toddlers .... They have to know by this time that a lot of people want them ( including me!)
  • GoodywoodGoodywood Posts: 4,612 Member

All we can do is just wait and see what they have lined up for the game. We are only at the second expansion, we are still at the start of our TS4 journey. No amount of discussions or questions will alter the course of the game. They will release toddlers if and when they want to.

Yep! I'll wait and see and not spend another dime till then.

I haven't purchased any EP GP SP. If they don't wanna share any info, then I won't be sharing any of my money.
    PLEASE FIX TEENS IN TS4! I NEED YOUNGER TEENS NOT YA TEENS! (^_^)Please add Music Bands with lead singers! Please add vehicles and garages! Vehicles have always been part of The Sims.
  • GoodywoodGoodywood Posts: 4,612 Member
    edited September 2015
    Rflong7 wrote: »
    Would you rather have really sucky toddlers right now, or really good toddlers in 2 years?

Two MORE years?

Can I have mediocre Toddlers in six months? :)

IKR I'm becoming impatient @Rflong7 :s
    PLEASE FIX TEENS IN TS4! I NEED YOUNGER TEENS NOT YA TEENS! (^_^)Please add Music Bands with lead singers! Please add vehicles and garages! Vehicles have always been part of The Sims.
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,362 Member
    |
    |
    | toddlers |
    | rip |
    | died |
    | with sims 4 |
    | |
    |______________|

What survey

https://www.flickr.com/photos/simsvip/20406225705/in/dateposted/
  • candy8candy8 Posts: 3,815 Member
    The game is lack luster as it is and not having toddlers is just plan stupid. Why have babies at all if you don't want toddlers you might just as well have adult sims all the time. No need for anything else. All the Sims do is go to work and have parties, sex and hang at the bar.
  • SharkDOSharkDO Posts: 252 Member
    SheriSim57 wrote: »
    SharkDO wrote: »
    I'm very conflicted on the subject. Half of me feels like this:
    I do not think there is much point in tweeting them.

We have had numerous discussions, posts, Facebook & Twitter activity regarding toddlers. They know how important the addition of toddlers is to the game. I personally think it is time to just leave the toddler discussion for a bit. To be honest, I think EA may be getting fed up of it.

While the other half of me feels like "SPAM THEM AND USE THE WORD TODDLERS IN EVERY SENTENCE AND TWEET THEM 500 TIMES A DAY AHH!!!". I feel like both methods are useless though. Ignoring toddlers, waiting for them to come in obviously doesn't work, but neither does spamming them to the point of death. However I do want to know so I personally will be tweeting them (not spamming) about toddlers, but also about other subjects that I am interested in.

Well... I don't tweet, so please let us know what you hear about toddlers .... They have to know by this time that a lot of people want them ( including me!)

No reply, like usual
    "I'm a Simmer, not a gamer. I feel like my frustration with the game and the reason I don't "get it" is more about a disconnection and confusion with the vision...I'm worried about the future of the franchise."
  • Americangirlgamer107Americangirlgamer107 Posts: 12 New Member
    One of the main reasons I still play TS4 is that it doesn't turn into a lagfest like TS3 does on my computer, and starts up much faster, and is less a hassle to play. I love some parts, but hate others. The opinions on the lifestyles enforced by the game packs and EPs remind me of World Adventures in TS3. I never used it because I didn't want to wait for a million hours to get to a vacation destination, only to do a few things or grab a recipe for a job. In TS4, it feels like kind of the same thing, since my Sims tend to have plenty of children and take them to the park or fall in love and have a quick wedding, and go on vacation somewhere, spending time in the outdoors, or just never go out and focus on their family. I really do hope that they release more content based on this instead of just going out and partying, since I rarely play with Get Together anymore, I use GTW more. If they don't acknowledge that they are listening to us (hopefully abandoning the strange rule that says that they can''t talk about what they are working on for the game) they will end up losing more fans. If TS4 was a lagfest on my computer like it was for TS3, I would probably be playing a lot of TS3, although I feel like I do get to know my Sims more in TS4, and get to know the lore that has been set up around the world of Sims. I don't think just staying silent is the best decision for EA, since there is so much backlash, and I am still in grade school, and I know it isn't the wisest decision to just throw out the occasional words that tell us "we are listening" with no other information. Plus, toddlers did win a poll, and there are various hopes of them and a CAW tool (which I hope for, since CAW for TS3 refuses to work properly on my computer) so I will try to keep my hopes up and keep in tune with what EA is doing for The Sims, but plenty of us are starting to lose hope, the only evidence that they really are listening to us was Romantic Garden Stuff, released shortly after LifeSimmer asked (a YouTuber) for more landscaping items, although we may not have gotten a boatload.

Gosh, I hope they listen.......
  • allieb312allieb312 Posts: 305 Member
    That's a dumb idea. Sorry but they get enough crap about toddlers. It's there game. If they don't add them it's their mistake but Don't argue about it because they want to do what they think is best for the game.
  • HimynameisHimynameis Posts: 336 Member
    allieb312 wrote: »
    That's a dumb idea. Sorry but they get enough crap about toddlers. It's there game. If they don't add them it's their mistake but Don't argue about it because they want to do what they think is best for the game.

Then they really don't have any idea what so ever about what's best for this game. Also if we don't argue against their heinous decisions, in the sims 5 it'll be more than likely that we only get the YA life stage. We need to speak up about this issue because we don't want this series to become plum and empty (even more so than it is at the moment).
  • LatinaBunnyLatinaBunny Posts: 4,666 Member
    If we had to wait another two years for what should be a base game feature, then I would be very, very upset.

That is practically almost the time for sims 5, which I won't preorder or buy, until I actually see proof and confirmations of certain features and less bugs and less obnoxious stuff like culling, etc.
    ~*~Occult Family Player player~*~
    (She/her)