Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

When will you own up, EA?

Comments

• Options
    Elegantblkchina1Elegantblkchina1 Posts: 103 Member
    The sims 4 rarely glitches and lags for me like it did with the sims 3 and thats something I highly appreciate. Adding open worlds would probably slow the game way down and that's not something I'm okay with. It's not so important to me that I want to risk game quality. Really, the loading screens aren't that much of a problem. I think you need to weigh the pros and cons and choose your battles.

I agree. And frankly Sims 4 so far is not addicting enough for me to try and play through severe lags. I know we all want certain things in the game but I do think that some things that are not in the game is a direct reflection of complaints and issues from Sims 2 & 3. LOVED Sims 2, however no matter how much I upgraded my system I was constantly having to uninstall and reinstall my game. It was a nightmare! Sims 3 I just really passed on because I didn't like how the Sims would barely look like what I created in CAS and they all looked alike with the exception of their skin-tone. Shallow reason maybe, but it's true.
    As much as I would love for EA to add some elements from the previous games, I don't want them if I have to look forward to constant support emails.
  • Options
    nanashi-simsnanashi-sims Posts: 4,140 Member
    LOL @thread burying :joy:
  • Options
    Renamed2002180839Renamed2002180839 Posts: 3,444 Member

#LOL The moderators strike again! And it's not even the right spot- maybe feedback but not "Ideas Corner"- lol.
  • Options
    king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 25,102 Member

#LOL The moderators strike again! And it's not even the right spot- maybe feedback but not "Ideas Corner"- lol.

I was wondering why this got moved to ideas as well. At least they haven't closed the thread though
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options
    allieb312allieb312 Posts: 305 Member
    Honestly, I don't mind the loading screens but I wish they would speed them up.
  • Options
    Bettyboop55Bettyboop55 Posts: 2,646 Member
    I agree with @Dark slayer that TS4 is not set up to cope with the open worlds we knew it in TS3. There are, however, games out there where the concept works well. As I said the decision to move away from the concept for TS4 was deliberate and alienated many simmers. Yes there were routing issues with EA made worlds but there were also player modded versions which worked. Plus some pretty amazing player made worlds. So I continue to hope that the next life simulation which comes along will have open, customisable worlds.
    I no longer use Origin or My Page. You can find me on YouTube or Twitter as Bettyboop711000. You are welcome to contact me as I explore options for a PC sandbox life simulation game.
    Wherever I am friends call me Betty

Sim enim est vita
  • Options
    kwanzaabotkwanzaabot Posts: 2,440 Member
    All they can do is release a world with a larger neighborhood.
    (say, 2 big 'hoods instead of 4 little ones)

It's pretty much required if they ever want to bring back cars.
    wJbomAo.png
  • Options
    ZazazaSimmerZazazaSimmer Posts: 85 Member
    kwanzaabot wrote: »

You'd still have to go through the loading screen every 🐸🐸🐸🐸 time
  • Options
    LordkiribatiLordkiribati Posts: 201 Member
    I think that they should, at least, turn neighborhoods into small open worlds. It's so boring when I just want to visit a sim that leaves right next to me and the loading screen appears --'.
  • Options
    NeiaNeia Posts: 4,190 Member
    I agree with @Dark slayer that TS4 is not set up to cope with the open worlds we knew it in TS3. There are, however, games out there where the concept works well. As I said the decision to move away from the concept for TS4 was deliberate and alienated many simmers. Yes there were routing issues with EA made worlds but there were also player modded versions which worked. Plus some pretty amazing player made worlds. So I continue to hope that the next life simulation which comes along will have open, customisable worlds.

The decision to introduce open world in TS3 also alienated some simmers.
  • Options
    TarruviTarruvi Posts: 1,227 Member
    Neia wrote: »

The decision to introduce open world in TS3 also alienated some simmers.

The controversy!
  • Options
    kwanzaabot wrote: »

You'd still have to go through the loading screen every 🐸🐸🐸🐸 time

What's the matter, 10 seconds is too long for you? 🐸🐸🐸🐸 please. I used to play Sims 1. I'd often wait up to 10 minutes to get into a Downtown/Studio Town/Vacation Island lot. Sims 4 loads are NOTHING.

Even Sims 3 had 5 minutes of loading every time I started the game.

I shudder to think how you people handled the old games if you seriously get THIS up in arms about Sims 4's load screens.
    Or forget Sims games. Skyrim would take 2 or 3 minutes every time I loaded up an interior cell. Dragon Age Inquisition would take about the same.
    Fallout 4 is pretty bad too, but it's surprisingly quicker than those. 1 or 2 mins, tops.

You want ACTUAL long load times? Play any game in the world other than The Sims 4. You will lose your mind.
    wJbomAo.png
  • Options
    Stormy_WintersStormy_Winters Posts: 127 Member
    > @kwanzaabot said:
    > ZazazaSimmer wrote: »
    >
    > kwanzaabot wrote: »
    >
    > All they can do is release a world with a larger neighborhood.
    > (say, 2 big 'hoods instead of 4 little ones)
    >
    > It's pretty much required if they ever want to bring back cars.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > You'd still have to go through the loading screen every 🐸🐸🐸🐸 time
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > What's the matter, 10 seconds is too long for you? 🐸🐸🐸🐸 please. I used to play Sims 1. I'd often wait up to 10 minutes to get into a Downtown/Studio Town/Vacation Island lot. Sims 4 loads are NOTHING.
    >
    > Even Sims 3 had 5 minutes of loading every time I started the game.
    >
    > I shudder to think how you people handled the old games if you seriously get THIS up in arms about Sims 4's load screens.
    > Or forget Sims games. Skyrim would take 2 or 3 minutes every time I loaded up an interior cell. Dragon Age Inquisition would take about the same.
    > Fallout 4 is pretty bad too, but it's surprisingly quicker than those. 1 or 2 mins, tops.
    >
    > You want ACTUAL long load times? Play any game in the world other than The Sims 4. You will lose your mind.

Woah language.... There's younger people on the forums.
  • Options
    > @kwanzaabot said:
    > ZazazaSimmer wrote: »
    >
    > kwanzaabot wrote: »
    >
    > All they can do is release a world with a larger neighborhood.
    > (say, 2 big 'hoods instead of 4 little ones)
    >
    > It's pretty much required if they ever want to bring back cars.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > You'd still have to go through the loading screen every 🐸🐸🐸🐸 time
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > What's the matter, 10 seconds is too long for you? 🐸🐸🐸🐸 please. I used to play Sims 1. I'd often wait up to 10 minutes to get into a Downtown/Studio Town/Vacation Island lot. Sims 4 loads are NOTHING.
    >
    > Even Sims 3 had 5 minutes of loading every time I started the game.
    >
    > I shudder to think how you people handled the old games if you seriously get THIS up in arms about Sims 4's load screens.
    > Or forget Sims games. Skyrim would take 2 or 3 minutes every time I loaded up an interior cell. Dragon Age Inquisition would take about the same.
    > Fallout 4 is pretty bad too, but it's surprisingly quicker than those. 1 or 2 mins, tops.
    >
    > You want ACTUAL long load times? Play any game in the world other than The Sims 4. You will lose your mind.

Woah language.... There's younger people on the forums.

It already censors naughty words.
    wJbomAo.png
  • Options
    > @kwanzaabot said:
    > Stormy_Winters wrote: »
    >
    > > @kwanzaabot said:
    > > ZazazaSimmer wrote: »
    > >
    > > kwanzaabot wrote: »
    > >
    > > All they can do is release a world with a larger neighborhood.
    > > (say, 2 big 'hoods instead of 4 little ones)
    > >
    > > It's pretty much required if they ever want to bring back cars.
    > >
    > >
    > >
    > >
    > > You'd still have to go through the loading screen every 🐸🐸🐸🐸 time
    > >
    > >
    > >
    > >
    > > What's the matter, 10 seconds is too long for you? 🐸🐸🐸🐸 please. I used to play Sims 1. I'd often wait up to 10 minutes to get into a Downtown/Studio Town/Vacation Island lot. Sims 4 loads are NOTHING.
    > >
    > > Even Sims 3 had 5 minutes of loading every time I started the game.
    > >
    > > I shudder to think how you people handled the old games if you seriously get THIS up in arms about Sims 4's load screens.
    > > Or forget Sims games. Skyrim would take 2 or 3 minutes every time I loaded up an interior cell. Dragon Age Inquisition would take about the same.
    > > Fallout 4 is pretty bad too, but it's surprisingly quicker than those. 1 or 2 mins, tops.
    > >
    > > You want ACTUAL long load times? Play any game in the world other than The Sims 4. You will lose your mind.
    >
    >
    > Woah language.... There's younger people on the forums.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > It already censors naughty words.

You called a poster the B-word that's harsh and rude what if that person is underage ? And it can still be seen if your'e quoted and the forum moderaters can see what you said. Be careful you could get banned for that.
  • Options
    > @kwanzaabot said:
    >
    > > @kwanzaabot said:
    > >
    > >
    > >
    > >
    > >
    > >
    > >
    > >
    > >
    > >
    > >
    > > What's the matter, 10 seconds is too long for you? 🐸🐸🐸🐸 please. I used to play Sims 1. I'd often wait up to 10 minutes to get into a Downtown/Studio Town/Vacation Island lot. Sims 4 loads are NOTHING.
    > >
    > >
    > > I shudder to think how you people handled the old games if you seriously get THIS up in arms about Sims 4's load screens.
    > > Or forget Sims games. Skyrim would take 2 or 3 minutes every time I loaded up an interior cell. Dragon Age Inquisition would take about the same.
    > > Fallout 4 is pretty bad too, but it's surprisingly quicker than those. 1 or 2 mins, tops.
    > >
    > > You want ACTUAL long load times? Play any game in the world other than The Sims 4. You will lose your mind.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >

You called a poster the B-word that's harsh and rude what if that person is underage ? And it can still be seen if your'e quoted and the forum moderaters can see what you said. Be careful you could get banned for that.

Oh no, I'd sure hate that!

I guess playing a videogame where people have sex constantly is fine, but heaven forbid the players read a word that's automatically censored into a type of fruit.
    wJbomAo.png
  • Options
    [quote="kwanzaabot;14568651"][quote="Stormy_Winters;14568646"]> @kwanzaabot said:
    >
    > > @kwanzaabot said:
    > >
    > >
    > >
    > >
    > >
    > >
    > >
    > >
    > >
    > >
    > >
    > >
    > >
    > >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >

You called a poster the B-word that's harsh and rude what if that person is underage ? And it can still be seen if your'e quoted and the forum moderaters can see what you said. Be careful you could get banned for that.[/quote]

Oh no, I'd sure hate that!

I guess playing a videogame where people have sex constantly is fine, but heaven forbid the players read a word that's automatically censored into a type of fruit.[/quote]

They are covered and technically playing under covers etc im not saying how we all got here is magically unknown I'm saying it is wrong to curse out and at someone just because they had an opinion.Maybe you should read the forum rules and be mindful that we are not all the same age. regardless no one deserves that disrespectful language towards them ever. No one on here is a female dog.
  • Options
    I think you need to learn about context.
    wJbomAo.png
  • Options
    I think you need to learn that not everybody uses street language to call another person a derogatory word especially on a forum where it's prohibited. Reading is truly fundamental.
  • Options
    Romeo9Romeo9 Posts: 38 Member
    > @NoahBangs said:
    > Open world is a term that has flooded so many sections of the Sims 4 Forums, It's a wonder EA hasn't acted on this popular demand.
    >
    > 500+ topics and comments. They can't ignore the fans forever. We will not stop until things are back to normal.

I'm surprised there are so many fans that are still BSed by the concept of open world in TS3. My question is why on earth would you opt for a system where you are forced to loose most interactions and activities with your sims, the very reason this game was made in the first place, and don't get me wrong I enjoyed sitting outside bars, restaurants, shops, nightclubs, schools, work... etc as much as the next person did... mind you no I didn't I hated it otherwise I'd be on your side of things complaining to EA to remove functionality and game mechanics and simply enlarge my camera spectrum and add a few moving objects across the entire world spectrum so I can have the illusion of Open World again. No thank you.

Also the big difference between TS3 and TS, TS2 & TS4 is TS3 is the only game that wasn't made by Maxis. I personally could not get into TS3 no matter how many expansions, stuff packs, internet objects etc... you threw at it, it just didn't feel or play like a sims game, sure it was a life simulator (not one I'd play) but it wasn't the sims. The game mechanics which makes a Sims game a Sims game Maxis understands perfectly and that is why TS3 failed in my eyes. The Sims 4 to me personally feels like a real successor to the Sims 2 and that is purely based on the fact that I get the same enjoyment out of TS4, the small amount of time I've played it, that I use to get out of TS2 something I just could not do with TS3 no matter how hard I tried and how long I played it.

Just my personal thoughts on the matter.
  • Options
    TarruviTarruvi Posts: 1,227 Member
    @Romeo9
    I liked The Sims 3, but I'm starting to love The Sims 4 as time goes on. :)
  • Options
    Ravager619Ravager619 Posts: 3,738 Member
    EA already has open world. It's called Need For Speed. :D
    "That person who helps others simply because it should or must be done, and because it is the right thing to do, is indeed without a doubt, a real superhero." - Stan Lee
  • Options
    TanyaRubiroseTanyaRubirose Posts: 11,033 Member
    edited February 2016
    You have two choices with this series:

1. Open World

2. A world that is not mostly empty of people.

Pick one. The reality of computer program limitations and how they apply to the Sims does not allow you to have both.

"But there are other games that manage open worlds that are not empty!"

That's because, outside of games like Sims 3, most open worlds are actually cleverly-created magic tricks. They typically combine a few cells, basically neighborhoods you can transition between without a loading screen, near the player kept active with background calculations on what's going on in the rest of the world. That's part of why a lot of open world games have loading screens whenever you go inside a building; you're transitioning from an open-border cell to a closed-border cell.

Sims 3 is one of the rare games where the entire world is a single cell. Sims 3 also demonstrates, with all of the complaints about neighborhoods being empty, why this is typically not done.
  • Options
    NoahBangsNoahBangs Posts: 91 Member
    > @kwanzaabot said: You called a poster the B-word that's harsh and rude what if that person is underage?

They're going to find out sooner or later. It's inevitable. Just look at video and social media sites.
  • Options
    pepperjax1230pepperjax1230 Posts: 7,953 Member
    edited March 2016
    Open world lags games and TS3 used a ton of resources that TS4 has managed not to do so far. Plus the more you added to TS3 EP SP or store content the more it bogged down the game to lag more. Semi open worlds seems to be the way to go because I never see lag. I speak from someone who has all 21 games in TS3 and store content and I have mods and CC so it lags its better now that I have a decent computer but when I didn't it would lag bad. It wasn't so much lag but it did lag it just rendered badly there was to much for your computer to handle at once.
    tenor.gif?itemid=5228641