Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

This bothers me !!

124...Next

Comments

• shadowiciashadowicia Posts: 591 Member
    Fleurkween wrote: »
    NZsimm3r wrote: »
    Simfan923 wrote: »
    I'm sensing that this thread will be closed very shortly.

Naaa... this is what the ignore button is for... blocking out rude people who have no social graces or manners. :)
    Walk a mile in my shoes before you judge me.

Obsessive Compulsive Disorder has stopped me from living a normal life, so when people throw the word around and laugh about it, you can imagine how I feel. (No offence to OP. I was just trying to get people to stop using it like that)
    Stop saying you have a mental disorder because of a game.
    You're so "obsessive compulsive disorder"?

Let's stop using Mental Illnesses as figures of speech

No need to be rude. :/

I'm not trying to be rude. I just don't like it when people throw the word around like nothing. It's like saying "OMG I HAVE A BRAIN TUMOUR" when you only have a headache.

I have schizophrenia and trust me, it's changed my life. People always use schizophrenia as a way to say they feel crazy. Heck EA's insane trait is poking fun at it, but I'm not all up in arms about it. I careless.
  • PiperbirdPiperbird Posts: 4,161 Member

Naaa... this is what the ignore button is for... blocking out rude people who have no social graces or manners. :)

Obsessive Compulsive Disorder has stopped me from living a normal life, so when people throw the word around and laugh about it, you can imagine how I feel. (No offence to OP. I was just trying to get people to stop using it like that)
    Stop saying you have a mental disorder because of a game.
    You're so "obsessive compulsive disorder"?

Let's stop using Mental Illnesses as figures of speech

No need to be rude. :/

I'm not trying to be rude. I just don't like it when people throw the word around like nothing. It's like saying "OMG I HAVE A BRAIN TUMOUR" when you only have a headache.

Chill. You don't know that these people DON'T have OCD, and you just come in here and jump down everyone's throats. I also have OCD, about some pretty bizarre things. I feel anxiety growing in my chest the longer I try to just 'deal' with a situation, until I fix the 'problem' (my rational mind knows it isn't a problem, but there's still nothing I can do about it), or have a full blown panic attack. Real fun in public. Or trying to be 'normal' at work. I need to count things. Or touch certain things. Food MUST be arranged and eaten in a certain order or I can't eat it (meaning I either can't go to a restaurant, or I have to embarrass the people I am with my asking for a second plate so I can rearrange my food). If I am walking side by side with someone and an object comes between us, I MUST go back around the object to the same side the person I was walking with did. If I don't, I feel panic rising in me with every step. I am a grown adult, and must do these things.

I think you might be surprised at how many Sims players do have some form of OCD. Games like Sims, Harvest Moon, Animal Crossing, Zoo Tycoon, all these things help people like us. Is it a controllable environment that we can manipulate to suit our will. We have control over how things are placed, how creatures react, it is a positive outlet.

So before you condemn someone for saying something like 'this hurts my OCD', recognize that games like this are a haven for people like us, a kind of therapy. Don't just assume they don't understand the pain of living with this, or they are being flippant. I don't want to be mean, or start a flame war, but you are guilty of the same assumptions you accused them of. This turned into more of a rant than I intended, and I apologize. Can't we all just build some nice buildings, where the doors are centered? :)
    Visit me in the gallery! CC-free builds under origin name Piperbird!
    06-01-15_5-18nbspPM_zps8s8jcirw.png
    Himynameis wrote: »
    DeKay wrote: »
    I usually just use another door. :D Ain't nobody got time to deal with that.

Nuuuuuu :D THIS one WILL work!!! ;)

Haha That's exactly how I feel. If a door doesn't fit I literally rearrange my whole house just to make that one door/window fit :) (unless the unsymmetricalness works for the build)

Yep, with ya there. Sometimes being asymmetrical works best, as long as it is planned it's fine. This house I left asymmetrical.

NZsimm3r%20for%20Pebblycat_zpsbywf51ll.png

How did you make that pergola on the right? (If that is what it is, hard to tell in the pic.)
  • RealPollyMogsRealPollyMogs Posts: 478 Member
    Click the porch and drag the arrow 1 tile to the left.

^ This. Really, it's the porch that isn't centered. You've got 7 tiles free on the right and 8 on the left. :#
  • KevWalkerKevWalker Posts: 810 Member
    Haven't read every post, but there's a couple of modders at TSR who have produced add-ons to some of the Maxis windows and doors that allow split-tile placement (ie a 1-tile window between 2 tiles) which helps with balancing a build, I use both and it's quality stuff. Plasticbox at MTS has also done a few. Hope this helps. :)
  • PamhamletPamhamlet Posts: 5,556 Member
    Maybe the OP could try a single door with two narrow windows on either side? Like either of these:
    At least the entry would be centered, then.

02-07-16_2-51-34nbspPM_zps55y6pbet.png
    02-07-16_2-53-05nbspPM_zpsakpsgplz.png
  • AnastaciasgemAnastaciasgem Posts: 246 Member
    I'm the worst builder on earth and everything is always wonky and all over the place so this doesn't really bother me. I'm just happy if my house looks vaguely like a house and it even has a door :D
    iiudADB.gif
    Origin ID: Gemmaisasim
    The Minogue ISBI family tree
  • NZsimm3rNZsimm3r Posts: 9,265 Member
    Piperbird wrote: »

Haha That's exactly how I feel. If a door doesn't fit I literally rearrange my whole house just to make that one door/window fit :) (unless the unsymmetricalness works for the build)

Yep, with ya there. Sometimes being asymmetrical works best, as long as it is planned it's fine. This house I left asymmetrical.

How did you make that pergola on the right? (If that is what it is, hard to tell in the pic.)

It is made by using a fence that lies across the ground called 'Fence For Window Shopping' and then I just 'draw' it out to a pattern I want across the 'support posts'. The fence came with Get To Work. This is actually a house I made for a sort of competition where you built a house to someones description and list of requirements.
    I'm a girl who likes to play with boys, what can I say... o:)

“Instead of putting players in the role of Luke Skywalker, or Frodo Baggins, I'd rather put them in the role of George Lucas.”Will Wright.
  • FleurkweenFleurkween Posts: 235 Member
    @RedWingsFan5

Maybe you could try the moveobjectson cheat?
    \cat%20with%20tea_zpsejebanah.jpg

Actually, this wasn't directed towards you in any way.

“Instead of putting players in the role of Luke Skywalker, or Frodo Baggins, I'd rather put them in the role of George Lucas.”Will Wright.
  • ZazazaSimmerZazazaSimmer Posts: 85 Member
    @RedWingsFan5

Maybe you could try the moveobjectson cheat?

You still can't move doors and windows sideways with that cheat on tho
    Piperbird wrote: »

It is made by using a fence that lies across the ground called 'Fence For Window Shopping' and then I just 'draw' it out to a pattern I want across the 'support posts'. The fence came with Get To Work. This is actually a house I made for a sort of competition where you built a house to someones description and list of requirements.

Awww, gotcha. I don't have anything but the base game.
  • FleurkweenFleurkween Posts: 235 Member
    I'm sorry for sounding rude everyone :(
    \cat%20with%20tea_zpsejebanah.jpg

Things are very easily misconstrued in text. It's difficult not to get upset when it seems that people are posting directly about you in a mean way. I've had times when I've been a bit reactionist about topics that are meaningful to me too. I think it shows what a nice person you are that you cared enough to post this. :) but I honestly would not be mean towards anyone... just not the way I do things. I'd rather just 'walk away' than be confrontational.

• Katlyn2525Katlyn2525 Posts: 4,201 Member
    It annoys me as well. I play with all cheats on. It makes no difference. You have to make adjustments for it.

We forgive you! The past is in the past. What sort of buildings do you like to build? Do you have any pics?