Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Get Together? Uhhh... It's not too great.... It's just like a game pack than a expansion pack...

Vernon605Vernon605 Posts: 52 Member
Sorry EA but I'm not really that impressed in your Get Together.. It's more like a game pack than a expansion pack!!!! It's like the outdoor retreat they both have neighborhood. They both have few new game features! The only difference is the Get Together have more items than the Outdoor Retreat! Plus fix the group dance feature! The others started to dance even the other group members is not in the dance floor also some members always leave after one routine in the group dance!! It also consume too much time staring in space and swinging their hands to do the next routine!!! Please fix this EA!!!

P.S.

Please make a expansion pack about what the players really wants and expecting...

Thank you.... :neutral:

Comments

• AubreyHartAubreyHart Posts: 132 Member
    Most people love GT. I think it's well worth the money i paid for it and is worlds better than Outdoor Retreat.
  • Zeldaboy180Zeldaboy180 Posts: 5,997 Member
    Lot's of people love Get Together. I've seen even some of the most critical oof sims 4 even express love for it.

It is the essence of what the sims really is at it's core, whatever your imaginatiom wants it to be; a pure sandbox.

In my opinion I think it's one of the best expansion packs of all time and I expect it's return in sims 5. You have to remember it'll be constantly updated with more packs.
    e68338c368f106ae784e73111955bd86.png
  • ZazazaSimmerZazazaSimmer Posts: 85 Member
    Lot's of people love Get Together. I've seen even some of the most critical oof sims 4 even express love for it.

It is the essence of what the sims really is at it's core, whatever your imaginatiom wants it to be; a pure sandbox.

In my opinion I think it's one of the best expansion packs of all time and I expect it's return in sims 5. You have to remember it'll be constantly updated with more packs.

Yeah but that doesn't change the lack of gameplay in the EP
    AubreyHart wrote: »
    Most people love GT. I think it's well worth the money i paid for it and is worlds better than Outdoor Retreat.

Why is everyone making such a big deal out of a new world? That has never been a major feature in any other expansions. It is just a new world, it doesn't add any gameplay
  • HIFreeBirdIHHIFreeBirdIH Posts: 1,410 Member

Why is everyone making such a big deal out of a new world? That has never been a major feature in any other expansions. It is just a new world, it doesn't add any gameplay

Well, they the special lots that they made are exclusive to the world, so that's some gameplay. The Von Haunt Estate adds some more backstory and the hedge maze is an intractable place, so that's more gameplay. If it wasn't a major feature before, it doesn't mean it can't be now. They're put some serious effort into the world. Hopefully the rest of the worlds will have the same quality of Windenburg.
    Just some random Simmer you probably don't even follow on the gallery! Gallery name's the same as my username! Did I just rhyme there?
    xyIcMqt.png
  • luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    edited January 2016

Because gameplay isn't everything in this game. The setting for gameplay is a big part of what makes the game enjoyable for many of, and variety in setting even more so.

When I play Sims, I'm telling myself stories that take place in a physical setting. Even though my Sims can use all the worlds, I experience their stories in the world they each spend the most played time in.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Zeldaboy180Zeldaboy180 Posts: 5,997 Member

Because the world imo is one of the best sims worlds ever like Isla Paradiso, Sunlit Tides, the sims 2 seasons world, Monte vista etc.
    e68338c368f106ae784e73111955bd86.png
  • shandra2183shandra2183 Posts: 212 Member
    I love this ep. So much more to do!!
  • Vernon605Vernon605 Posts: 52 Member
    Well we all have have our own opinions.. I think there is something that is missing in the game.....

I played it most of the time and start a gathering but they should put more feature for that like giving gifts or roommates or anything else related to it.. Plus the new venues doesn't that much. Bar and cafe is just like bakeries except for the barista and the items. I appriciate the dancing and djing but I think there is so much more to improve in there that's why I'm a little disappointed... Not like the first EP I really love get to work.
  • GaiaPumaGaiaPuma Posts: 2,278 Member
    @ZazazaSimmer While I really enjoy Get Together and the dancing and cafes. I think it has less content than Get to Work. I wish they had included things like favorites, attraction system (perfect for get together), etc. Is kinda still too similar to base game in terms of activities.
  • GaiaPumaGaiaPuma Posts: 2,278 Member
    Vernon605 wrote: »
    Well we all have have our own opinions.. I think there is something that is missing in the game.....

I played it most of the time and start a gathering but they should put more feature for that like giving gifts or roommates or anything else related to it.. Plus the new venues doesn't that much. Bar and cafe is just like bakeries except for the barista and the items. I appriciate the dancing and djing but I think there is so much more to improve in there that's why I'm a little disappointed... Not like the first EP I really love get to work.

I agree with you. I enjoy Get Together but it didn't add lots of activities to the game. Could have added more like Get to Work!

Well, they the special lots that they made are exclusive to the world, so that's some gameplay. The Von Haunt Estate adds some more backstory and the hedge maze is an intractable place, so that's more gameplay. If it wasn't a major feature before, it doesn't mean it can't be now. They're put some serious effort into the world. Hopefully the rest of the worlds will have the same quality of Windenburg.

Because gameplay isn't everything in this game. The setting for gameplay is a big part of what makes the game enjoyable for many of, and variety in setting even more so.

When I play Sims, I'm telling myself stories that take place in a physical setting. Even though my Sims can use all the worlds, I experience their stories in the world they each spend the most played time in.

Because the world imo is one of the best sims worlds ever like Isla Paradiso, Sunlit Tides, the sims 2 seasons world, Monte vista etc.

Don't get me wrong the world is beautiful, but I want them to focus more on gameplay then on a world.
    GaiaPuma wrote: »
    @ZazazaSimmer While I really enjoy Get Together and the dancing and cafes. I think it has less content than Get to Work. I wish they had included things like favorites, attraction system (perfect for get together), etc. Is kinda still too similar to base game in terms of activities.

Right? It comes with 1 major feature, clubs, and with them you can do almost everything in the base game but in a group. Half dance skill, no new recipes just some bad snacks, no jobs...
  • pepperjax1230pepperjax1230 Posts: 7,953 Member
    Sorry EA but I'm not really that impressed in your Get Together.. It's more like a game pack than a expansion pack!!!! It's like the outdoor retreat they both have neighborhood. They both have few new game features! The only difference is the Get Together have more items than the Outdoor Retreat! Plus fix the group dance feature! The others started to dance even the other group members is not in the dance floor also some members always leave after one routine in the group dance!! It also consume too much time staring in space and swinging their hands to do the next routine!!! Please fix this EA!!!

P.S.

Please make a expansion pack about what the players really wants and expecting...

I wanted this EP so why are you implying they aren't making EP we want?

tenor.gif?itemid=5228641
  • Vernon605Vernon605 Posts: 52 Member

P.S.

Because it's to simple and doesn't add that much than a regular EP like the Get To Work for example.
  • Sid1701D9Sid1701D9 Posts: 4,718 Member

P.S.

I really think it may be your computer
    Please keep in mind that the amount of time it takes to process routines is most likely processor based.

Here is something to keep in mind from a computer expert:
    1.0ghz club max 4, less people on lot.
    2.0ghz club max 6, a little more people on the floor,
    3.0ghz club max 8, more people on the floor.

When I mean more people on the floor I mean the lot.
    Also how much memory has something to do with how many sims visit the lot, but the processor speed is always counted.
    Also the processors themselves count.
    Intel duo core or quid core processors, the 2.0 is the high range of the processor
    intel core i3, i5 i7 3.9 or higher is at high range of processor, both generation 2/3.
    generation 4 runs at higher levels.
    Sid1701d-"I love my life, live my life and live to play, laugh and have fun."

"Love will Fight, Love will Win and Love will Survive."
  • pepperjax1230pepperjax1230 Posts: 7,953 Member

P.S.

Because it's to simple and doesn't add that much than a regular EP like the Get To Work for example.
    Then you are playing it wanting it to be structured like Get To Work and you have more freedom in this game. I don't really like GTW I just like the content in it.

tenor.gif?itemid=5228641
  • marcel21marcel21 Posts: 12,341 Member
    Yes get together has a beautiful world.
    Some good content in buy mode and create a sim :)
    But its like the fans don't want a full expansion with the sims 4
    This was only the second expansion in this series and should of been fuller :(
    It does feel more like a gamepack to me!

Both second expansions for the sims 2 and the sims 3 had so much more than this tiny expansion

Nightlife and Ambitions everyone ;)
    Origin ID MichaelUKingdon