Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Top secret! Gurus do not click here!

I have an idea!

We can make like an organistion of simmers that investigates EA's offices and we can have our own hq and all, then we can send someone (or more than one) to EA to see what they are actually doing over there, I'd like to know...

So who's with me? Together we can uncover the secrets of EA! Then we can overtake the buisness so that we can rule over The Sims and try to make content that will please everyone and every playstyle AND we will actually LISTEN to our fans and make quality games to a lower price!

Shall we start a petition or something or what do you guys feel?

Comments

• Options
    Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,588 Member
    Doesn't EA give tours or something? Maybe sign up to see HQ... that would be fun if I lived closer.

*knock- knock* "Hi, EA CEO... how's The Sims game coming along?" Lol~ Can't see that happening.
  • Options
    ZazazaSimmerZazazaSimmer Posts: 85 Member
    Rflong7 wrote: »
    Doesn't EA give tours or something? Maybe sign up to see HQ... that would be fun if I lived closer.

*knock- knock* "Hi, EA CEO... how's The Sims game coming along?" Lol~ Can't see that happening.

I know but how fake don't they act there to seem nice and so on so they can be liked
  • Options
    LoveMcQueen5683LoveMcQueen5683 Posts: 3,689 Member
    I just had my second interview with Maxis and I'm pretty sure I got the job. I'll go to jail when they find out I'm leaking the new content but it will be worth it.
    LR3g0ni.jpg
  • Options
    Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member

I know but how fake don't they act there to seem nice and so on so they can be liked

Really? Why do you assume they are Ogres - just pretending to be nice. LOL. They do post at places other than the Sims and they are people just like all of us. Honestly.... LOL.

Believe me - even though many of us players have game issues - we have enough sense to know it was not done purposely by mean people at Maxis just trying to make everyone miserable. That, I assure you is not the case and the problems one has incurred I am sure the Guru's did not want to have happen. They, like most humans have pride in their product and their real intent is just to make players happy.

Like many - yes I am very unhappy about things like no toddlers and the excessive culling - but I also realize that some perfectly nice people made this game and nothing that has occurred was their intention to happen. So really - please stop implying they are horrid people out to make you miserable. It has to be very upsetting to them that many of us are not happy about some things. Even if I complain about issues - I also realize there is a real human being on the other side whose work went bonkers in my game - but I realize at the same time that it was not their intention for these things to work out this way. Please try not to villainize them. Thanks.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• Options
    TheSimerTheSimer Posts: 1,007 Member
    edited January 2016
    You could dress like a pizza delivery guy and pretend to deliver a pizza into the office, maybe you can see somethink on their screens before they notice it xD
  • Options
    Jarsie9Jarsie9 Posts: 12,714 Member
    Actually, I think what is really going on is that the Suits at Corproate Headquarters don't have a clue what the real demographics for The Sims franchise is; some of the people who were with The Sims and The Sims 2 have left. The Sims 2 team was passionate about the game; I think that they even actually *played* the game, and it shows in the way they designed the game in the beginning.

But, I think that with the changes, some of the developers lost sight of what these games are about, and it seems like some were into the quest-based role-playing that is familiar to most players. I maintain that The Sims Studio (and even the Head Honchos) need to actually sit down and play the game. I think that they should remember that The Sims is a "god game" and that's what made it so popular. It's not like other games and it shouldn't be designed that way.

Now, I know people will say: "Lighten up, it's just a game." But that's the point: It's not really "just a game"....it's more of an exercise in creativity and imagination. If done properly, it can cater to many different playing styles all at once. It can be challenging, fun, rewarding, exciting, and not boring. It's just a matter of EA/Maxis getting back on track and start thinking about making another genuine "god game" like The Sims 2.
    EA Marketing Department Motto:
    "We Don't Care If You LIKE The Game, Just As Long As You BUY The Game!"
    B)
    I Disapprove (Naturally)
    I Took The Pledge!
  • Options
    stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    Writin_Reg wrote: »

Really? Why do you assume they are Ogres - just pretending to be nice. LOL. They do post at places other than the Sims and they are people just like all of us. Honestly.... LOL.

Believe me - even though many of us players have game issues - we have enough sense to know it was not done purposely by mean people at Maxis just trying to make everyone miserable. That, I assure you is not the case and the problems one has incurred I am sure the Guru's did not want to have happen. They, like most humans have pride in their product and their real intent is just to make players happy.

Like many - yes I am very unhappy about things like no toddlers and the excessive culling - but I also realize that some perfectly nice people made this game and nothing that has occurred was their intention to happen. So really - please stop implying they are horrid people out to make you miserable. It has to be very upsetting to them that many of us are not happy about some things. Even if I complain about issues - I also realize there is a real human being on the other side whose work went bonkers in my game - but I realize at the same time that it was not their intention for these things to work out this way. Please try not to villainize them. Thanks.

Agreed -- I've had brief chats with some of them on Twitter, mostly about commuting (a few of them take the train to get to work; there's a shuttle bus that serves the area where EA is located). They're human beings like the rest of us -- they're doing a job, and have to balance the demands of the community with the demands of the folks in the executive suites, sometimes with limited resources. Whenever you change a game, there's always a chance that something seemingly unrelated will break -- that's why it often takes so long for mods to be updated after each patch, especially script mods (no wonder Twallan burned out before the end of the Sims 3 run).
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • Options
    JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    Love the idea! Now who'll buy my plane ticket to San Francisco :mrgreen: ?
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Options
    ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    edited January 2016
    Dress as a plumbob, I doubt they'll notice. ;)

I'm actually too nervous myself to take even a tour there even though I am going to Cali this summer. I want to do the Jellybelly tour again.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • Options
    XopaxPaxXopaxPax Posts: 1,769 Member
    edited January 2016
    @ZazazaSimmer I'm in. :#
    I just had my second interview with Maxis and I'm pretty sure I got the job. I'll go to jail when they find out I'm leaking the new content but it will be worth it.

I hope this is true. Use a IP from other country to leak content.

tenor.gif
  • Options
    Sorak4Sorak4 Posts: 3,935 Member
    Even better, become a birthday suit Sim (Blurred Ofcourse) and they would want to question you why and take you in Then you can run around looking at the screen.
    L9q8VGi.png
  • Options
    DominicLaurenceDominicLaurence Posts: 3,398 Member
    edited January 2016
    I have a plan!! One of us could take a kitty cat (and maybe a puppy) over there. When all the gurus run to the entrace to see and melt for them, the rest of us could get in and take everything under control B)

Who's in? lol
    ID: StGerris
    Legacy Photomode
  • Options
    Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    edited January 2016

Really? :o
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options
    PlumbobCrossingPlumbobCrossing Posts: 8,455 Member
    Uhh..Hmm..
    6vpDg9LeuaWFq.gif
  • Options
    Uhh..Hmm..
    6vpDg9LeuaWFq.gif

I want him and his brothers in my game. LOL.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!

• Options
    Haha!! Naturally his in mine. :D they're on the gallery :)
  • Options

OOOO nice - I will have to go seek them out. I tried but my attempts rotted. LOL. My niece says she watches award shows just to see all three sitting together.

In dreams - I LIVE!

• Options

OOOO nice - I will have to go seek them out. I tried but my attempts rotted. LOL. My niece says she watches award shows just to see all three sitting together.

Haha! Aww, they are so adorable! You can't help but love them! :D
  • Options
    king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 25,102 Member
    I once wrote to them asking to visit their HQ, the later I got back was a restraining order...

I think they know what I am like ;)
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options

Haha! Aww, they are so adorable! You can't help but love them! :D

Only found Liam - will have to look more later. Thanks.

In dreams - I LIVE!

• Options
    I once wrote to them asking to visit their HQ, the later I got back was a restraining order...

I think they know what I am like ;)

LOL. Wish we had the button.

In dreams - I LIVE!

• Options
    brenna29brenna29 Posts: 73 Member
    How about we use the pizza delivery scheme and meanwhile ill sneak through the roof and steal their computers xD
  • Options
    bekkasanbekkasan Posts: 10,171 Member

I do realize they are people just like you and me. I can't believe they take pride in their work or it would not be buggy as it is. Some of the bugs they have put out should have been caught with one or two of the dev's playing that game at work and finding them....oops.....and fixing before they put it out for players to find. I understand and have heard it many, many times that 'this is just part of gaming'. I do understand some bugs might not be caught until a special circumstance happens, but, come on, play the game with the new stuff before you release it. I'm not trying to degrade them, they don't do it on purpose, but it happens and should not. I have a hard time respecting the job since they didn't bother fixing so many things in Sim3. I don't expect they will do it in Sims4 and yes, I am a bit bitter about it.
  • Options
    Vici0us_VirusVici0us_Virus Posts: 3,076 Member
    Welcome to 2016 everyone,

This topic has been thus far approached as some sort of spy vs spy comic lmao, I realize the humorous interest in attempting to gleam early info/dev...
    Sooo im in :D , however im raising the bar! Drones, Hacks, and Satellites oh my... We wanna identify the Devz, RnD, and the Programers and exactly where they are stationed within the building. :# Then lol nvm this already violates waaay too many privacy laws and borders espionage, I think we just need 1 reeealy disgruntled employee and a bag o money. B) That should do...