Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Sims 4 Movie Hangout Stuff

Comments

• Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    Can someone fill me in pls? Is it true that in TS3 sims would eat popcorn with a spoon? XD
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • AstroAstro Posts: 6,651 Member
    This looks cool and all, but I can already sort of have a movie sized screen in my game by enlarging the biggest tv. For example, I have a movie theater in my game already and I think it's just fine how it is. So if I were to buy this sp it would mainly be for the popcorn machine and clothing... but I'm happy for everyone else that's excited for this pack! :)
  • KayeStarKayeStar Posts: 6,715 Member
    Faboosh wrote: »
    Is this a pack of them just watching tv? Are they out of ideas? Can we expect a toilet pack next? Watch your sims eat fiber with a happy face or a cranky face that should of had some fiber?
    I agree. I'm glad my sims will have one more thing to do since I keep them home to avoid a thousand loading screens, but the theme of this pack is literally watching television. It's just a new way to do something that's already possible in the game, just like Get Together.

It's nice, I suppose, but uncreative and unoriginal in my opinion.
    752d5ef1ccf6be4ae3b2e539a6376fe9ea400d9ar1-320-207_00.gif
  • ZazazaSimmerZazazaSimmer Posts: 85 Member
    edited January 2016
    Is it just me or does it seem like we are getting a good amount of content in this stuff pack? :smile:

I mean compared to the first stuff packs, tho spooky stuff gave us more then we were used to.
  • AstroAstro Posts: 6,651 Member
    Is this a pack of them just watching tv? Are they out of ideas? Can we expect a toilet pack next? Watch your sims eat fiber with a happy face or a cranky face that should of had some fiber?
    I agree. I'm glad my sims will have one more thing to do since I keep them home to avoid a thousand loading screens, but the theme of this pack is literally watching television. It's just a new way to do something that's already possible in the game, just like Get Together.

It's nice, I suppose, but uncreative and unoriginal in my opinion.

It's a stuff pack... I can't think of any other ideas that would be big enough for a stuff pack but not big enough to be put into a game pack. And considering each stuff pack only has 1 (or in this case 2) New interactive objects the ideas are kind of limited. I'm not trying to defend the creative limit of the team that creates stuff packs, I'm just trying to make a point.
  • JordojordJordojord Posts: 578 Member
    They should have introduced a Cinema venue .......... Like that would have been perfect!
    My Top Picks for an EP:
    University
    Seasons
    Bonvoyage style (Loved those hotels)
  • AquaGamer1212AquaGamer1212 Posts: 5,417 Member
    Jordojord wrote: »
    They should have introduced a Cinema venue .......... Like that would have been perfect!

They probably didn't do that because this is about home movie watching.
    ts4_blossom_meadows_world_icon_gif_fan_art_by_hazzaplumbob-d.gif

• ZazazaSimmerZazazaSimmer Posts: 85 Member
    Jordojord wrote: »

They are probably saving it for a nightlife pack or a love themed one, like the one in the latest survey.
  • Ponder the SimPonder the Sim Posts: 3,054 Member

Yup, they already announced it: Get Regular.
  • Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    edited January 2016

"TS4 Get Basic" now with more basic things for sims to do :p
    "We need more normal every day things for our sims to do"

*every day Movie night pack*

"Wow, can we get something interesting?"

Poor devs can't win.

I really do like this pack though.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
    edited January 2016
    "We need more normal every day things for our sims to do"

*every day Movie night pack*

"Wow, can we get something interesting?"

Poor devs can't win.
    Just a thought. Those requests may not come from the same two people or groups. There very well may be some people who want more average, everyday things and others who want more exciting and interesting things.

Of course they can't win. Surprise, surprise. A gaming community is not a hive mind. If someone is happy, someone else is disappointed.
  • luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,617 Member

There could not possibly be enough Awesomes for this.

Anyway, there are 10 new movies, and new movie-watching animation. I like new animation :) The new animation in the pack looks cute.

My later-in-the-day thoughts:
    It must be harder, I figure, coming up with Stuff Packs that always include at least one gameplay item but still have lots of stuff and it all fits together. In this one, the CAS and Build/Buy don't "connect" for me, but hey - we'd have paid $10 just for the two gameplay items for Sims 3, so I'm in.

Also:
    I look forward to custom GIFs for the Forum popcorn.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • alan650111alan650111 Posts: 3,295 Member
    Yay! A remake of one of the most useless stuff packs Sims 3 had! Whoop-dee-doo!

-_-

This has absolutely no connection to "Sims 3 Movie Stuff". Did you even read the description?
  • bythedreadwolfbythedreadwolf Posts: 832 Member
    jackjack_k wrote: »
    I don't like how this would fit perfectly in Get Together but yet they chose to release it in a separate SP. Gotta milk this cow dry, I guess. I hope at least the interaction of watching a movie together is available for all TVs and not just those huge new ones.

EDIT: However, kudos to the team for making the sims eat the popcorn with their actual hands and not reuse the animation of eating from a bowl with a spoon. Like they did with kitchen stuff and made sims munch on ice cream (instead of licking it) like they are eating a hotdog.

Anything from now on could technically be in Get Together, because Get Together can have groups about anything.

However, the Expansion team work separate from the Stuff Pack team, so they will have different ideas.

I wasn't even thinking about the groups. It would fit Get Together simply because this stuff pack is literally about your sims getting together with friends (or family) for a movie's night. So releasing this separately only one month after an EP that has the same theme is kind of weird to me. Besides, in my opinion GT is lacking content for an EP so that's why I think this should've been included in it. But hey, that's just me.
    alan650111 wrote: »

-_-

This has absolutely no connection to "Sims 3 Movie Stuff". Did you even read the description?
    Calm down. I had that matter settled hours ago. You're un-fashionably late.
  • alan650111alan650111 Posts: 3,295 Member
    alan650111 wrote: »

-_-

Calm down. I had that matter settled hours ago. You're un-fashionably late.

I just get annoyed with comments that jump to conclusions. I am very calm. :)
  • ThetfordThetford Posts: 429 Member
    I imagine the reason the popcorn maker looks similar to the ice cream maker is due to trying to make the aesthetic designs look similar so they don't look out of place next to each other.

I'm thinking for venues, this would best suit a more art house style cinema, so maybe cafe as a snack area etc. Just set up a few clubs (couples in their own clubs, group of film buffs, families etc) who go to that lot (or type of lot) to watch films (and eat and drink coffee/bar drinks depending on venue).
  • AquaGamer1212AquaGamer1212 Posts: 5,417 Member
    jackjack_k wrote: »
    I don't like how this would fit perfectly in Get Together but yet they chose to release it in a separate SP. Gotta milk this cow dry, I guess. I hope at least the interaction of watching a movie together is available for all TVs and not just those huge new ones.

EDIT: However, kudos to the team for making the sims eat the popcorn with their actual hands and not reuse the animation of eating from a bowl with a spoon. Like they did with kitchen stuff and made sims munch on ice cream (instead of licking it) like they are eating a hotdog.

Anything from now on could technically be in Get Together, because Get Together can have groups about anything.

However, the Expansion team work separate from the Stuff Pack team, so they will have different ideas.

I wasn't even thinking about the groups. It would fit Get Together simply because this stuff pack is literally about your sims getting together with friends (or family) for a movie's night. So releasing this separately only one month after an EP that has the same theme is kind of weird to me. Besides, in my opinion GT is lacking content for an EP so that's why I think this should've been included in it. But hey, that's just me.

I feel like maybe they didn't think of putting it in GT? I know sometimes when I'm talking to someone for example. After they leave I think of something that I could said to them, so I had to tell them later. I'm not making excuses for them or anything. But you could think about it that way, idk.
    ts4_blossom_meadows_world_icon_gif_fan_art_by_hazzaplumbob-d.gif

• DominicLaurenceDominicLaurence Posts: 3,398 Member
    I like it but I have some complaints already.

-Why is there no movie theatre venue? That's a huge wasted opportunity.
    -The only people with a theatre sized screens in their home are rich people so this falls under another "luxury" pack.
    -The popcorn maker looks like the ice cream maker. I would have preferred the more old fashioned theatre styled popcorn makers but oh well.
    -And now I want cars for the first time ever for a drive thru theater but again no venue.

I am loving those little bean bag chairs (or whatever they are) they are so cool. And the ceiling lights were beautiful. And it looks like there's a tree with dangling lights so EEEEEE!!!

I rate it 7/10 buttered popcorns. I'm more interested in the build mode content than the home movie system.

Maybe in Town Life EP? I really hope :/
    ID: StGerris
    Legacy Photomode
  • wolfkomoki1wolfkomoki1 Posts: 5,053 Member
    Sigzy05 wrote: »
    Can someone fill me in pls? Is it true that in TS3 sims would eat popcorn with a spoon? XD
    Actually it was a fork.
    6JSxk49.png?1
  • Orchid13Orchid13 Posts: 8,823 Member
    Is it just me or does it seem like we are getting a good amount of content in this stuff pack? :smile:

I mean compared to the first stuff packs, tho spooky stuff gave us more then we were used to.

I think its improving since spooky stuff too :)
    21mbz47.jpg
  • PlayPlay Posts: 704 Member
    I love how this just dropped out of nowhere, I really wasn't expecting this announcement...
    Not sure what to think of it to be honest, I guess it's alright for a Stuff Pack.
  • leo3487leo3487 Posts: 4,062 Member
    edited January 2016
    Where is the creator of Cinema venue? (I know it is a mod)
    When comes this stuff pack, really can make it quite functional without need to oversize a TV and no need to tune up the distance to watch tv

I say this mod
    Cinema Mod
  • gmomasuegmomasue Posts: 648 Member
    If we get the tree with dangling lights would be cool .I am big on the outdoors and more lights for it is good .