Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

sea monster?

is there a really a sea monster in this EP? not sure if i heard that right....

Comments

• Options
    Vicks06Vicks06 Posts: 728 Member
    Yes there is, but I've heard it's not as easy to see as you may hope and can only be seen from the bluffs I believe
    ||Origin Name: VicksLouise||UK Simmer||Simmer since 2000||My Fanart||My Gallery||
  • Options
    PsychoSimXXPsychoSimXX Posts: 4,403 Member
    Yes but like the post above it takes is hard to see. Saw some LP and they all said where it is but you will have to sit and wait and wait and wait. I haven't taken the time to wait. I still haven't explored half the new world yet!

Follow me on Twitter

Check out my Gallery

Peace, Love, and Unity.

`•.,¸¸,.•´¯ ¯`•.,¸¸,.•´
  • Options
    JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    It's comparable to Sims 3's kraken then? The one that swims under your boathouse or behind the distance when you're diving.
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Options
    lilacstreetwayslilacstreetways Posts: 239 Member
    there is a youtube video about this
    LilacStreetWays
    AKA LilacSimmerUK
    varg6b2qcx57.png
  • Options
    Jessa_DakkarJessa_Dakkar Posts: 9,737 Member
    there is a youtube video about this

Could you link to it?
  • Options
    Saunta2Saunta2 Posts: 870 Member
    JoAnne65 wrote: »
    It's comparable to Sims 3's kraken then? The one that swims under your boathouse or behind the distance when you're diving.

Oh gosh, I hated that thing and the music that used to play when he passed close by
  • Options
    Jessa_DakkarJessa_Dakkar Posts: 9,737 Member
    I'd like to know if it is just like the steamboat, an effect that just randomly passes by or if sims somehow recognize its existence and at least have some sort of buff or something.
  • Options
    Spacey72659Spacey72659 Posts: 1,479 Member
    Wait...there was a kracken in Sims 3?! I swear, nothing EVER happened in my Sims 3 game. I didn't even know there were alien abductions bc the alien only once came to my house. Had one tiny meteor fall once too, otherwise, zip. Omg... I'm more and more disappointed in how much of a fail my games are hahahaaa. Omg. LOL.

So... I'll never see the sea monster now bc nothing happens in Sims 4 for me either. Aww.
  • Options
    abosschickkabosschickk Posts: 5 New Member
    I'm sitting here waiting I haven't seen it yet
  • Options
    MasonGamerMasonGamer Posts: 8,851 Member
    I've seen it twice at the bluffs, both times were at dawn and dusk
    Realm of Magic:

My Mood:

tumblr_nlbf3b0Jyb1qkheaxo5_250.gif
  • Options
    DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    You can't interact with it like the Kracken. It's fx like the sheep.
  • Options
    ceejay402ceejay402 Posts: 24,507 Member
    Dannydanbo wrote: »

i thought the kraken could attack? sorry its been many moons since i played the IP world.
  • Options
    ceejay402 wrote: »

i thought the kraken could attack? sorry its been many moons since i played the IP world.

Yes, as I said, you could interact with the Kracken but not Emily the Sea Monster.
  • Options
    ckimmel8642ckimmel8642 Posts: 33 Member
    > @Saunta2 said:
    > JoAnne65 wrote: »
    >
    > It's comparable to Sims 3's kraken then? The one that swims under your boathouse or behind the distance when you're diving.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Oh gosh, I hated that thing and the music that used to play when he passed close by

Oh my gosh I remember I was babysitting my 5 year old neighbor and was playing the sims with her and the kraken and the music was really loud and my neighbor got supper scared and cried for like an hour it was soo funny
  • Options
    ZazazaSimmerZazazaSimmer Posts: 85 Member
    Yes there is a sea monster in Windenburg and it serves absolutely no purpose :)
  • Options

It's purpose is to add whimsy and fun to the background like the sheep or the ducks or the cars driving by and to that end, it most definitely serves it's purpose.
  • Options
    ZazazaSimmerZazazaSimmer Posts: 85 Member

It's purpose is to add whimsy and fun to the background like the sheep or the ducks or the cars driving by and to that end, it most definitely serves it's purpose.

That's my point they are only there for looks, I mean why have them if you can't interact with them.
  • Options
    sunman502sunman502 Posts: 18,325 Member
    Vicks06 wrote: »
    Yes there is, but I've heard it's not as easy to see as you may hope and can only be seen from the bluffs I believe
    There is, and it's not easy to spot. I have seen the sea monster only twice in my game so far. And I have had the EP since the day after it's release. When they said that you might get a chance at catching a glimpse at seeing the sea monster when your sim is at The Bluffs, they really mean it.

• Options
    marcel21marcel21 Posts: 12,341 Member

Yes, as I said, you could interact with the Kracken but not Emily the Sea Monster.

Agree with dannydango ;)

I saw a reward you could get to prevent an attack from the kracken once!

So the sea monster is just something to look at when it shows :(

Oh well :)
    Origin ID MichaelUKingdon

• Options
    marcel21 wrote: »

Agree with dannydango ;)

I saw a reward you could get to prevent an attack from the kracken once!

So the sea monster is just something to look at when it shows :(

Oh well :)
    The sea monster is just something to watch, if one gets the chance to see it when their sim is at The Bluffs. I'm actually deciding if I would like to see them increase the chance of seeing the creature or not. But I do like seeing the sea monster, and I often find my self scanning the surface of the water around the small island trying to catch another glimpse of the creature.

• Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,562 Member
    JoAnne65 wrote: »

No, it's far more like "Nessie" the Lock Ness monster.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Options
    The sea monster in Sims 4 is more like Nessie Of Locke Ness. The kraken in Sims 3 is a squid like creature, which according to some legends about the kraken is. A gigantic squid like sea creature with tentacles. So if there's any comparison between the two; it is that they are said to be gigantic sea monsters, and nothing more.