Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Parents doesn´t take care on their babies .. how is your experience ?

SimsCat84SimsCat84 Posts: 72 Member
I have already written this in the "Feedback" forum , but I want to write it here again in order to know how your experiences are.
I have a problem with the babies. Or better said, their parents.
It's bad enough for me that there are no toddlers, but I cannot change it anyway. :(
But what is also very sad for me ..... My Sims don´t react to their babies. Even if they are in the same room, and the baby is before them and is crying. If they do something at all times (which is more than rare), then they do it wrong. Instead of changing the diaper, or to feed, they talk to them or hug them. Then they put it back in crib and walk away. And the baby is still crying . I cannot understand this, they are their BABIES, they have to love them and take care for them. Not only when I command it. Voluntary. In Sims 3 it worked. They have immediately responded to the crying, and automatically interacts with their baby. Cuddle, playing, give bottle, change diapers .. they did it several times at a day ( also if the babies dont cry ) and without my orders. And they did always exactly the correct thing. Why not in Sims 4 ? Why ? I love it to play familys and I really love it to watch my sims when they have their free will turned on. But it makes me sad that they barely interact by themselves with their babies. Very sad :'(

Comments

• ChelleJoChelleJo Posts: 7,087 Member
    My sim parents tend to only Shush the baby when it's crying. Annoys me.

And sim children can't do anything for a crying baby really, and when you have a houseful of sims, you'll have 5 sims fighting to shush the baby, while you're trying to get to it to take care of it. Then you have to go on each sim and cancel the action and tell them to do something else just so you can properly care for the little tyke.

Why can't children give a baby a bottle? I can *kind of* see the diaper thing, but they can't even give a crying baby a bottle?

And why is it a houseful of sims will shush the baby, but not change the diaper? They all know the diaper needs changed cause they are all waving their hands across their nose saying the baby stinks.

Ugh, don't get me started on the lack of care sims have for babies. :(
    p8L4V6v.png
  • SimsCat84SimsCat84 Posts: 72 Member
    Yes. I miss it too that Sims tickle their babies or throw them into the air. In Sims 3 there were so many loving interactions. OK. Sims 4 is designed to emotions, but why were so many loving interactions omitted? .. That hurts in the heart of family players.
  • ModerateOspreyModerateOsprey Posts: 4,875 Member
    Yeah, the baby gameplay is definitely not good. Shame, really - real babies are really quite nice. I just alternatate between intense irritation and outright creeped out by them whenever I play a household with them in.
    Awake.
    Shake dreams from your hair
    My pretty child, my sweet one.
    Choose the day and choose the sign of your day
    The day's divinity....
    The Ghost Song - Jim Morrison
  • WyrrenWyrren Posts: 724 Member
    I completely agree with everything said. My recent household of 5 sims all fought to talk to the baby when it was crying and not one of them actually took care of him. Not only that, but there's a bug that when your baby's mood is green, it's still hungry. I got a popup about starving my child and it wasn't crying. So I feed it anyway to keep that away. Then just aged him up because I didn't want to deal with everything anymore.
    Origin ID: Wyrren
  • LogisitcsLogisitcs Posts: 1,156 Member
    Smarter Baby Care

Fixes all of that
    Logisitcs wrote: »
    Smarter Baby Care

Fixes all of that

Ah, I'd forgotten about that mod, nice one. I used it way back earlier in the year, I think when I last had a baby to deal with :)

I better get that installed in case of any unexpected surprises.
    Awake.
    The day's divinity....
  • foussifoussi Posts: 642 Member
    My sims only talk and play with the babie but never automaticly change the diapers or feed it
    Smarter Baby Care

Fixes all of that

@Logisitcs that mod says it was last updated for the May 4th patch... do you know if the creator intends to update it anymore?
    p8L4V6v.png
  • NZsimm3rNZsimm3r Posts: 9,265 Member
    I've had sims that automatically feed the baby, cuddle it and change it but I haven't played with babies and kids for about 3 months so maybe some patches changed things.
    I'm a girl who likes to play with boys, what can I say... o:)

“Instead of putting players in the role of Luke Skywalker, or Frodo Baggins, I'd rather put them in the role of George Lucas.”Will Wright.
  • lmkiturelmkiture Posts: 1,206 Member
    Any and every sim on my lot usually goes to a crying baby. Usually start with a coo at interaction, but eventually end up tending to the baby's needs. It's kind of annoying if I have guest over, then there's a crowd around the baby and I cannot get to it, lol. They're all trying to help but they're not. Hahaha
  • CreoleSimCreoleSim Posts: 334 Member
    Well I guess that's what happens when it's a fake object that was never intended to be in the game, and shoved in at the last min.
    8zjsc9.png
    Origin@ Simday1
    I simply can't cope with the incessant crying until it is sorted out.

The baby objects seem to provide all the negatives of a real baby and none of the positives.
    Awake.
    The day's divinity....
  • CementCement Posts: 3,505 Member
    None of my sims shushed their babies, or ignore them really. Like @NZsimm3r, I also had sims autonomously feed/cuddle/change diapers. Have you tried the family oriented trait? Maybe they spend time with babies more often, I suppose? (Then again, I had a couple child hating sims adore babies and would always change their diapers, cuddle, etc. until they grew up LOL.)
    Maybe their needs also played some part to it? Low needs for a higher chance to shush a baby than to deal with it and vice versa?
    Recently in a new save of mine, my sims weren't cold to their babies, but there were only 2 YA sims in the house and one would be at work when the other was at home. I could try to test it later, maybe, unless others have more findings. It could also be something that broke with the recent patches.

Some of my babies cry for no reason, and some are just quiet. I actually like the babies like this since irl babies do different things. I do think it's annoying when the whole household goes to the crying baby, though.
  • GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,290 Member
    ChelleJo wrote: »

And sim children can't do anything for a crying baby really, and when you have a houseful of sims, you'll have 5 sims fighting to shush the baby, while you're trying to get to it to take care of it. Then you have to go on each sim and cancel the action and tell them to do something else just so you can properly care for the little tyke.

Why can't children give a baby a bottle? I can *kind of* see the diaper thing, but they can't even give a crying baby a bottle?

And why is it a houseful of sims will shush the baby, but not change the diaper? They all know the diaper needs changed cause they are all waving their hands across their nose saying the baby stinks.

I was six when my baby sister was born, my older brother, eleven. My parents would sometimes leave him in charge to go out, briefly. Guess who was told to change the babies' diaper? That's right, my brother refused to do it, even though he was the 'babysitter'. So, at the tender age of six, I learned really quick. This was back in the days of cloth diapers, and diaper PINS, too! :o
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • SimsCat84SimsCat84 Posts: 72 Member
    Will try this mod , hope it will still work. Will also try to give my sim the family oriented trait , really hopt it will help that my sims will more take care of their babies

I was six when my baby sister was born, my older brother, eleven. My parents would sometimes leave him in charge to go out, briefly. Guess who was told to change the babies' diaper? That's right, my brother refused to do it, even though he was the 'babysitter'. So, at the tender age of six, I learned really quick. This was back in the days of cloth diapers, and diaper PINS, too! :o

I believe it. That's why I said *kinda*. When my middle child was born, my oldest (6 years old at the time), would give his newborn baby brother a bottle, change his diaper, and put on fresh clothes because he thought momma needed more sleep in the mornings. Always stressed me out, but he was determined to let me sleep. He did amazing, too.
    p8L4V6v.png
  • halimali1980halimali1980 Posts: 8,246 Member
    edited December 2015
    Am I the only one who have the babies need prioritized over the sims self needs? When I leave my sims to do what they want to do it seems their first action is always to go for the baby whether he is hungry or need his diaper changed.

Before that when there were more visiting sims to my sim's house before EA tweaks it the visiting sims acted like if they were nannies. So it made my sims take care of their own needs. Sometimes two or three visitors would want to take care of the baby and they keep waiting until the other one finishes with it first!

I really miss the visiting sims. Is there a mod or something allow more visiting sims like before?
    Everything I post is an opinion here and I think every post of others is as well.
    giphy.gif
  • 06Bon0606Bon06 Posts: 11,614 Member
    I haven't played sims 4 in about a month but my family that had 6 kids were amazing autonomous parents. They'd constantly take care of the babies by themselves
  • LogisitcsLogisitcs Posts: 1,156 Member
    Smarter Baby Care

Fixes all of that

@Logisitcs that mod says it was last updated for the May 4th patch... do you know if the creator intends to update it anymore?

It still works. I'm using it and my sims react to when the baby is crying appropriately, either feeding it, changing the diaper or interacting with it.
  • AceofSpades2231AceofSpades2231 Posts: 594 Member
    Hmm, its funny. When I last had a baby, I couldn't stop them from taking care of them. It got so hard to do anything cuz they were always going to the baby.
    eqnxTFN.jpg
    I love video games because of the things that I could never do in real life... For instance, in the sims you can get a job and a house.
    Origin ID: Mainmanvs100
  • VioletRedVioletRed Posts: 261 Member
    Cool! I'll be using that mod...but for future reference the Scumbumbo isn't modding anymore at this time. Up in the air if or when he'll be back...but I'm keeping my fingers crossed cuz he does great work and has some pretty awesome mods out there.
    Origin ID: Xieria
  • ScumbumboScumbumbo Posts: 148 Member
    Smarter Baby Care

Fixes all of that

Yes it's still working, but sometimes there can be hidden problems. I'm back to modding for a bit, so I did check it a few days ago and it doesn't require an update.
  • mustenimusteni Posts: 5,403 Member
    edited January 2016
    I love watching my sims to take care of their babies. Relatives visiting the house also often show interest to the baby :smiley: I think it helps if you guide your sims at first and teach them that they need to react to the baby crying. I had a sim couple where the wife took care of the baby the most and then later it was always her who went to the baby first. I played with no sound at that time and she went to the baby before I even noticed the icon was blue.

Edit: I'm not saying they're always doing the exact right thing the baby needs, but I like that they're showing effort. TBH it bothers me more that everytime there's unpleasant surroundings the first thing they do is take out the trash even if that's usually never the problem... That affects the game all the time whereas the baby only for a short time.
  • halimali1980halimali1980 Posts: 8,246 Member
    I have tons of mods, none has to do anything with the baby, but my sims always take care of the little ones.
    Everything I post is an opinion here and I think every post of others is as well.
    giphy.gif
  • EnkiSchmidtEnkiSchmidt Posts: 5,334 Member
    My experience in this field is limited, because I play with free will off except if a challenge allows me to control one sim only.
    My observation are that some sims are natural born caretakers. It's not always a parent more often it was an older sibling. In the Blackbird clan the Gen. 1 mother of seven, her firstborn (male) and the firstborn of Gen. 2 (female) were always fussing over the babies, while the rest of the sims ignored them.

Perhaps once a sim has by chance performed an action on the crib, the game is more likely to force crib interactions on that sim in the future? Like in Sims 2 and 3, when repeatedly performed actions generated wants for those activities?