Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

I was skeptical at first

But after watching the few trailers they have given us, I have to say you guys sold it to me. When I first heard what the expansion pack was I was kind of disappointed and let down because there are so many other things I want in the sims 4 (toddlers, seasons,pets,family gameplay) but now I'm finding myself super excited and counting down the days. I'm hoping this expansion is as awesome as it looks! :)

Comments

• SimmerellaSimmerella Posts: 67 Member
    Same here! I did just pre-order it and can't wait for when I can download it! :smiley:
  • SennieSennie Posts: 2,708 Member
    Kaaori89 wrote: »
    But after watching the few trailers they have given us, I have to say you guys sold it to me. When I first heard what the expansion pack was I was kind of disappointed and let down because there are so many other things I want in the sims 4 (toddlers, seasons,pets,family gameplay) but now I'm finding myself super excited and counting down the days. I'm hoping this expansion is as awesome as it looks! :)

I know! :smiley: I am really excited for Get Together as well. At first I thought it looked rather plain, but over the past few months everything has looked so appealing from the new town to the clubs :) It looks like it's going to be a pretty good expansion pack and I look forward to getting pool diving boards back as well!! :)

Such an awesome expansion pack, and it comes out very soon as well :)

Matthew.
  • fullspiralfullspiral Posts: 14,717 Member
    It's going to change the game as we know it!
  • PHOEBESMOM601PHOEBESMOM601 Posts: 14,595 Member

It's good that you're excited about the EP but I'm waiting to see actual game play by actual players. I don't assume that edited trailers always show real game situations. One post I just read said that the mansion lot can't be bulldozed. If it's true that's more choice taken away from the player. If I don't want it in the game....too bad.

"People really love to explore 'failure states. In fact, the failure states are really much more interesting than the success states." ~ Will Wright
  • CiarassimsCiarassims Posts: 3,547 Member
    Same!! i was really confused and annoyed when they first revealed GT because i really wanted it to be generations but after more information im happy and really excited for GT! :D
    giphy_1.gif
  • Kaaori89Kaaori89 Posts: 70 Member

It's good that you're excited about the EP but I'm waiting to see actual game play by actual players. I don't assume that edited trailers always show real game situations. One post I just read said that the mansion lot can't be bulldozed. If it's true that's more choice taken away from the player. If I don't want it in the game....too bad.

That mansion is beautiful though! Also I think we are getting some huge sized lots we can actually build on as well so even if we can't get rid of it, if it was the lot size you were after I believe we will have a few of those :)

The special lots act just like the hidden lots in the previous releases, only this time they are not hidden and are on the map because people ( I guess) complained that they were too hard to get to, or to find, or something.

We can't alter the glade, grotto, hermit's area, or Sixam, except for tiny spots on them. It is the same for these special lots and as I said, the only difference is that they are not hidden any more.

That mansion is beautiful though! Also I think we are getting some huge sized lots we can actually build on as well so even if we can't get rid of it, if it was the lot size you were after I believe we will have a few of those :)

No it's not the lot size. It's the idea of choice. We are already limited as to what we can and can't edit in our worlds. We are limited as to what we can or have to put into community lots we build. If some lots can no longer be edited or bulldozed that's giving the player less choice. I was hoping for more editing choices not less.
    "People really love to explore 'failure states. In fact, the failure states are really much more interesting than the success states." ~ Will Wright
  • AmiutzaAmiutza Posts: 1,796 Member

No it's not the lot size. It's the idea of choice. We are already limited as to what we can and can't edit in our worlds. We are limited as to what we can or have to put into community lots we build. If some lots can no longer be edited or bulldozed that's giving the player less choice. I was hoping for more editing choices not less.
    The way I see it, they're just hidden lots, just shown on the map instead. To me, they're comparable to Sixam, Sylvan glades and the sorts.
    hhHD2XB.png
    My tumblr - A world of clutter and color
    fullspiral wrote: »

The special lots act just like the hidden lots in the previous releases, only this time they are not hidden and are on the map because people ( I guess) complained that they were too hard to get to, or to find, or something.

We can't alter the glade, grotto, hermit's area, or Sixam, except for tiny spots on them. It is the same for these special lots and as I said, the only difference is that they are not hidden any more.

You're assuming that the hidden lots were too hard to find? Good grief. If your assumption is correct this game is really getting dumbed down. If it's true maybe some players should stick to gentler versions of The Sims.

It's been a while since I played but you could use bb.enablefreebuild to build in the hidden lots. Has that changed? Maybe the Mansion is like the hospital or police station where certain objects need to be in place to make them work...another peeve of mine.

You're assuming that the hidden lots were too hard to find? Good grief. If your assumption is correct this game is really getting dumbed down. If it's true maybe some players should stick to gentler versions of The Sims.

It's been a while since I played but you could use bb.enablefreebuild to build in the hidden lots. Has that changed? Maybe the Mansion is like the hospital or police station where certain objects need to be in place to make them work...another peeve of mine.

I can't recall the exact quote, but yes, it seemed some people didnt like the idea of needing level 10 handiness to get to the grotto (for example)

bb.enablefreebuild still allows you to build in the hidden lots, but even then, they are small areas of the larger whole. And yes, I assume it's exactly because of that. The ghosts of the couple are tied there somehow with something. I prefer that they stay there so I will be leaving the lot as is because it's part of the game design. Even if you exclude the 3 special lots, Windenburg still has more lots than either WC or OS.

I read that people have messed up their libraries too if they remove something in them, so I have left that alone too.
  • Ponder the SimPonder the Sim Posts: 3,054 Member
    It's a special lot that gets haunted at night. I believe they wanted it to work correctly and therefore disabled anyone messing with it only to run to the forums crying their mansion doesn't work as advertised.

@ OP I'm glad you're looking forward to the EP. I am as well.
  • Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,588 Member
    I'm sure there are a Lot of players who will be happy with this. I know I don't like playing with groups of Sims besides my households. It's not like it's a new idea- I didn't do much with Groups in TS2 and I have no need to make Sims do all the same things together - I like parties where they do their own thing and not have to do/dress in group rules.

But- since they let the players make the rules per group, that's a plus for the "You Rulez" that I don't believe of this game.
  • pinkishpinkish Posts: 693 Member
    I am also waiting to see actual game play by actual players, I am not real keen on the idea of clubs. If I do purchase it in the future it will be for the content, not the club aspect.
    It's a special lot that gets haunted at night. I believe they wanted it to work correctly and therefore disabled anyone messing with it only to run to the forums crying their mansion doesn't work as advertised.

@ OP I'm glad you're looking forward to the EP. I am as well.

And you know that will happen lol.

I can't recall the exact quote, but yes, it seemed some people didnt like the idea of needing level 10 handiness to get to the grotto (for example)

bb.enablefreebuild still allows you to build in the hidden lots, but even then, they are small areas of the larger whole. And yes, I assume it's exactly because of that. The ghosts of the couple are tied there somehow with something. I prefer that they stay there so I will be leaving the lot as is because it's part of the game design. Even if you exclude the 3 special lots, Windenburg still has more lots than either WC or OS.

I read that people have messed up their libraries too if they remove something in them, so I have left that alone too.

I haven't played in a while and I'm waiting to see what they do with the patch. I'm not expecting a lot in the hope that I will be pleasantly surprised.....because you see...contrary to some of the things that have been said to me I would like to like this game more than I do. If you are correct in your assumption then I'm going to guess that if there are cemeteries in the future ghosts may be tied to them also. This leaves me with the question....will the patch actually fix the culling of ghosts?

There more I find out about this game the less I believe "You Rule".
  • Ponder the SimPonder the Sim Posts: 3,054 Member
    Funny, the more I find out about this EP the more the slogan 'you rule' rings true to me.
    Funny, the more I find out about this EP the more the slogan 'you rule' rings true to me.

If you're happy with the way things are going yea for you. It's great. I'd like less built into the game limitations and for me it depends if you want to rule "their" way or yours. I prefer having more creativity that I can use the way I want and less creativity that is limited by game design.

I'm just sorry that some players happiness conflicts with other player's desires. It used to be a game of giving all players something. Now it's giving to some and leaving others behind.
  • luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member

If you're happy with the way things are going yea for you. It's great. I'd like less built into the game limitations and for me it depends if you want to rule "their" way or yours. I prefer having more creativity that I can use the way I want and less creativity that is limited by game design.

I'm just sorry that some players happiness conflicts with other player's desires. It used to be a game of giving all players something. Now it's giving to some and leaving others behind.

I dunno when that was. I don't think there's ever been an iteration of Sims that was all things to all players, or an EP that had something for everyone. Maybe if the game leaned more your way for a while, it felt like it did that to you. But I don't even see how it would be possible. Choices have to be made in game production and game design. There is no infinite game of infinite possibilities.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.

I dunno when that was. I don't think there's ever been an iteration of Sims that was all things to all players, or an EP that had something for everyone. Maybe if the game leaned more your way for a while, it felt like it did that to you. But I don't even see how it would be possible. Choices have to be made in game production and game design. There is no infinite game of infinite possibilities.

Can you point out where I said "it was all things to all players"? I said all players got something....and I'm not necessarily referencing EPs. Be it building, build/buy, CAS, play style....there was something to appeal to all sorts of players. This time around........not so much.
  • luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member

Can you point out where I said "it was all things to all players"? I said all players got something....and I'm not necessarily referencing EPs. Be it building, build/buy, CAS, play style....there was something to appeal to all sorts of players. This time around........not so much.

I must have missed the part where the previous iteration had CAS that appealed to me. Or where it appealed to my play style without heavy modding. Or where the world structure did, in any of them till now. ;)

Yes, there are people feeling left out. That's not new, though. Nor is it avoidable.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.

I haven't played in a while and I'm waiting to see what they do with the patch. I'm not expecting a lot in the hope that I will be pleasantly surprised.....because you see...contrary to some of the things that have been said to me I would like to like this game more than I do. If you are correct in your assumption then I'm going to guess that if there are cemeteries in the future ghosts may be tied to them also. This leaves me with the question....will the patch actually fix the culling of ghosts?

I'm very interested in the patch too. 64 bit is going to help down the road for sure!

I have no idea cemeteries will work, but perhaps they are working on finding ways to have the ghosts stick around. I would like my sims to be able to visit a cemetery and have the name of the deceased tied to the stone, and the possibility of the ghost being there for a hug. :)

I don't think I've fully "ruled' in any of the sims games. There has always been something that stops us from truly playing what we think in our heads from what is actually available in the game design.

I'm very interested in the patch too. 64 bit is going to help down the road for sure!

I have no idea cemeteries will work, but perhaps they are working on finding ways to have the ghosts stick around. I would like my sims to be able to visit a cemetery and have the name of the deceased tied to the stone, and the possibility of the ghost being there for a hug. :)

I don't think I've fully "ruled' in any of the sims games. There has always been something that stops us from truly playing what we think in our heads from what is actually available in the game design.

Yes there have always been limitations as to what could be achieved with game content and even mods but I have never felt as limited as I do with TS4.