Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Rebuilding Worlds: A Sims 4 Building & Genetics Challenge (Thread Moved)

Comments

• Options
    yunanescayunanesca Posts: 303 Member
    @yunanesca I love the house you have built! and I adore that you have family pictures hung up! How did you manage to get the family to pose & get the pictures in game like that? It's totally cool :) I'd love to have pictures of my sims ancestors hanging around!
    @Tellex ust wanna say love the up dates so cute , I used photoshop and S4pe program to Open up the sims Cas pose that you would see in the gallery Collaged them to gather with a back ground I wanted and make them appearin the willowcreek park the Cas pose come in a white blank I though it would be nice touch to do I but here what the twins parents look like up closer:and them when they wer younger ther will be more photos later of the family as preston and pristine Ever get startedin dating or find them self a mate ~.~ ; but Will see :D.
    Family%20PortraitWB_zpson2pnarl.png and few video's how how do all that here:

You can really do this with any screen shot or cutom made pictures you want for the family :)
    enjoy and have fun :) the other video that explain how you get the blank back ground gallery pose that you normally see in your libarly gallery is Here and old video but still useful and I just combined what i learned from both videos and and made the family photo.
    https://youtu.be/1cvksB2BmgI

@MysticFae love the storyoard :)
    @cupcakesims love the adorable house and grats on baby girl :)

~sincerely Yunie~
    ~Sincerely,Yunanesca~
    My show case.
    jjqfre10.png
    click the button for my Sims 4 Creator Studio
    http://yunanesca.tumblr.com/
  • Options
    Francisca464Francisca464 Posts: 738 Member
    edited November 2015
    @yunanesca Thank you! I'm pretty pleased with how the wedding pics turned out, considering the fact the party was a complete chaos.

@MysticFae I'm a fan of Ashton :smiley: He's a cute kid! The collages is a very smart idea.

@Tellex Yay, I'm glad you liked it. I didn't want them to get married while Lexie was pregnant because her needs decay so fast. Usually I have them plan the party not long after the engagement, but in this case I found out about the pregancy áfter Vince asked her to mary him. So I had to wait a few days. And then a combination of things (Lexie wanting to hang out with her sis and mother, saw a wedding boutique on the gallery, me watching Say Yes To The Dress :joy:) lead to the idea of this shopping segment. It was a lot of fun and the pics turned out nice. A prep list for weddings would be awesome, and I'd probably play the wedding planner career only if they were to introduce it haha. Maybe they could even extend the wedding interactions (*cough cough* proper cake cutting *cough cough*). I also liked how in Sims 3 you could ask your in-laws for your other half's hand in marriage. As for the twins: I like them too, but I had hoped for a little more Lexie. Although I do like the blonde hair. Anyway, on to your update! I LOOOOOVED it. Maples bedroom is :heart::heart::heart:, and the restaurant just left me speechless. It's so cosy and one of the best restaurant interiors I've seen. I enjoyed the bit about Honey's teen pregnancy and the kids telling their parents about it, were they really upset? I laughed at Leroy hitting the bar. He's a nice looking elder by the way. I alwo have two questions: 1. the cake, did one of your sims baked it? Because I like it a lot and haven't seen it before, though Aaron has mastered the baking skill. And 2. I removed the Go To School mod because my sim kids and teens couldn't learn from their teachers, didn't you have this issue? Or did you find a way to get it to work right, if so I'd like to know because I really want this mod back in my game...

@cupcakesims Milo the social butterfly, so sweet. It's always nice when sim kids are making a lot of friends. Emilia is so pretty! And blonde too, yay. She looks a lot like Austin indeed, though she seems to have Aiyana eyebrows, nose and mouth. So I'd say it's a nice combo!

@OJenn I'm incredibly curious for your response to the possible extended genepool mates @Tellex created. It's always nice to have more choices! And I already noticed some cuties... :wink:
  • Options
    MeeshelbyMeeshelby Posts: 1,914 Member
    @Tellex omg yay!!! I love them all!! I am SO glad that I'm playing all 4 founding families, so I can use all of the awesome sims available :D

Will respond to everything else ASAP! Busy weekend!
  • Options
    Do any of you use any of the following mods? If so how do they work? Do you like them? etc. I found them mentioned on a Simblr...I'm pretty sure the 2nd one is like the MC Command Mod, but will list it anyway:

MasterController

StoryProgression

DebugEnabler
  • Options
    Francisca464Francisca464 Posts: 738 Member
    edited November 2015
    @Meeshelby These mods are all for The Sims 3. NRaas is an initiative by Twallan and he is, I believe, one of the most famous modders in the community. A lot of people I know who play Sims 3 have his mods in their games. I use MasterController and StoryProgression in my Sims 3 games. StoryProgression is a great mod that basically enhances the story progression in your game. MasterController is a little harder to explain, but I use it for stuff like: lower family funds when I'm playing a legacy, instant pregnancy, adding roommates etc.

The MC Command Center is for Sims 4. And if I read it correctly, this person did use NRaas Storyprogression for inspiration. Since The Sims 4 has almost no StoryProgression by itself, it's great that someone made a mod that adds it! As far as I know, Twallan stopped making mods for sims games...
  • Options
    @Meeshelby These mods are all for The Sims 3. NRaas is an initiative by Twallan and he is, I believe, one of the most famous modders in the community. A lot of people I know who play Sims 3 have his mods in their games. I use MasterController and StoryProgression in my Sims 3 games. StoryProgression is a great mod that basically enhances the story progression in your game. MasterController is a little harder to explain, but I use it for stuff like: lower family funds when I'm playing a legacy, instant pregnancy, adding roommates etc.

The MC Command Center is for Sims 4. And if I read it correctly, this person did use NRaas Storyprogression for inspiration. Since The Sims 4 has almost no StoryProgression by itself, it's great that someone made a mod that adds it! As far as I know, Twallan stopped making mods for sims games...

Ohhhh ok thanks! I'll have to add them to my Sims 3 game then.
  • Options
    MysticFaeMysticFae Posts: 82 Member
    edited November 2015
    @Meeshelby I use both the MC Command Center and Enable Debug Cheats...they work great for me! I have used the debug cheats for so long now, I have to remember what it does sometimes. Both are available at Mod the Sims. I posted only the link to Enable Debug since Francisca464 already linked to MC. As far as I know, those are the only mods for doing SP or debug in Sims 4...

modthesims.info/download.php?t=532735

And I can't remember now who was asking about it...but I have the Go To School mod as well as Turbo Careers by Zebru in my game: they work great! Two things I know can keep them from working is, sometimes you need to go into the venue and change it to generic and then return to the map, go back into build mode and change it back to the workplace venue again. Even if it shows up as being right on the map, it might not work until you do that. You also have to have the Get To Work EP for it to work, along with a school lot.
    I did have an issue with getting the students to learn from the teacher the very first time...but, I just found the second teacher and clicked on him; worked just fine after that.

Hope this helps a little... :smile:
    My Rebuild Willow Creek Updates:
    mysticfae24.tumblr.com/

Orgin Id: Mystic_Fae
  • Options
    TellexTellex Posts: 583 Member
    @Everyone does anyone use poses in CAS at all? If so, how exactly do they work? How do you get a sim to pose? Also is anyone using the sweetFX mod?
    35i5blu.png
    My Simblr
    Current family tree

Origin ID: tellekinz
  • Options
    OJennOJenn Posts: 8,429 Member
    edited November 2015
    @Francisca464 - That wedding was beautiful, I never ever get gold on any events other than dates so now you have me wanting to try my again. And LOL that new sibling moodlet, she isn't new Liam!!

@Heckstress17 - Yes! I like this park more, I think its because of the amount of space this one has.

@Tellex - Hooray for CC free sims and also gingers, kind of makes me wish I liked Wes more for him to have been my heir and have ginger babies with Nikki...ah oh well. I love all these sims and I will add them to the genepool for sure. I think I had a ginger later on in gens somewhere after Nikki.

Oh and how do you learn from teachers because I am no longer getting the option to do so. Is there a certain interaction, I can't recall if its friendly or not. Loved the restaurant btw!

And I use CAS poses they basically take the place of the animation your sim does when choosing a specific trait. You click on whatever trait it overrides and they pose. Make it pretty nice for cutting out pictures and what not.

@MysticFae - You guys are totally tempting me with that risky woohoo mod! Summer is so cute in her swimsuit and baby bump. And I love the picture collage a lot, its very nice.

@cupcakesims - Its so sad when kids come home from school after having a bad day, thank goodness for moms! I love that both kids have the hair color of either parent, Emilia is adorable! She looks to be a good mix of her parents too.

Hope I didn't miss anyone! Going to go get some play time in since I worked all weekend.
    @Everyone I added the mates suggested by @Tellex to the main page so enjoy!
  • Options
    Heckstress17Heckstress17 Posts: 2,306 Member
    Great updates everyone! I don't use the school mod, or poses so I can't help there, sorry!
    Origin ID:Heckstress17
  • Options
    @OJenn I do use the school mod, but now that you mention it.. no they have not been learning from the teachers :/ whats happened!
    35i5blu.png
    My Simblr
    Current family tree

• Options
    OJennOJenn Posts: 8,429 Member
    Tellex wrote: »
    @OJenn I do use the school mod, but now that you mention it.. no they have not been learning from the teachers :/ whats happened!

I don't know! I thought at first I had to do something like get a certain level of friendship but nope its not even an option anymore. May have to send Zerbu an ask :disappointed:
  • Options
    yunanescayunanesca Posts: 303 Member
    edited November 2015
    @Tellex
    I also work in the posing as well but just got all mine for the story here I created mine as i go I use S4s, blender, for these were where I learned posing , http://sims4studio.com/thread/466/blender-create-sims-absolute-beginners?page=1&scrollTo=3983,
    aand here http://sims4studio.com/thread/442/make-sims-pose-using-studio everyone ther is great help i have been working on poses myself and sucessfully completed the first one. which will be up coming eventual in the story Here :)
    ~Sincerely, Yunie~
    ~Sincerely,Yunanesca~
    My show case.
    jjqfre10.png
    click the button for my Sims 4 Creator Studio
    http://yunanesca.tumblr.com/
  • Options
    SimmerellaSimmerella Posts: 67 Member
    84dce19c09.png
    5161d35c60.png
    Milos and Emilias days pretty much look the same everyday, I just want them to grow up and become teenagers haha. When they get home from school they do their homework and hang out with some friends. They also work on their skills.

64c98c80cb.png
    Milo has finally mastered his aspiration and is now a Social butterfly! He got the trait Socially gifted from achieving the aspiration and he is only two days from growing up to a teenager so in the next update we will finally see how he will look like.

ee3baa9d60.png
    I love to put up the drawings Emilia has done around the house. It makes it much more homely and cozy. This is how it looks in the kitchen.

846b204001.png
    583d6a2fb6.png
    3504761f12.png
    4cea6e0822.png
    27e14f3695.png
    Here are some very cute pictures of Austin and Aiyana. Even though they have lots of work and two kids to take care of they always get some time to cuddle and have their own time. The last pictures show how excited Aiyana is to try for a baby with Austin. I think the third baby will be their last.

beab86bc27.png
    aee86de056.png
    Austin who is being the greatest dad in the world love to spend time with his little angels and reading storys for them.
  • Options
    NewToTheSimsNewToTheSims Posts: 1,160 Member
    @Tellex Oh my that was a very nerve filled dinner LOL. I am glad Alvin didn't faint or have a heart attack at that dinner. Having to tell your girlfriend's parents that she's pregnant by you just sounds terrifying lol. I love the skyline bedspread. It's so pretty. Your restaurant also looks amazing.
    @cupcakesims Emilia and Milo are so adorable. I love Milo's faces lol.
  • Options
    MysticFae wrote: »
    @Meeshelby I use both the MC Command Center and Enable Debug Cheats...they work great for me! I have used the debug cheats for so long now, I have to remember what it does sometimes. Both are available at Mod the Sims. I posted only the link to Enable Debug since Francisca464 already linked to MC. As far as I know, those are the only mods for doing SP or debug in Sims 4...

modthesims.info/download.php?t=532735

And I can't remember now who was asking about it...but I have the Go To School mod as well as Turbo Careers by Zebru in my game: they work great! Two things I know can keep them from working is, sometimes you need to go into the venue and change it to generic and then return to the map, go back into build mode and change it back to the workplace venue again. Even if it shows up as being right on the map, it might not work until you do that. You also have to have the Get To Work EP for it to work, along with a school lot.
    I did have an issue with getting the students to learn from the teacher the very first time...but, I just found the second teacher and clicked on him; worked just fine after that.

Hope this helps a little... :smile:

Thanks for the info! I just downloaded the Go to School mod and Omg, I LOVE it!!! Its so awesome!!
    @Everyone does anyone use poses in CAS at all? If so, how exactly do they work? How do you get a sim to pose? Also is anyone using the sweetFX mod?

Yes! That's the only way I like to use poses. They basically replace traits. So when you download them you want to note which trait it replaces. Then when you "add" that trait to your sim (you have to remove the ones already there)...it runs the pose. You can slow them down if they are going too fast...I forget the cheat exactly, something like cas.clockspeed 0.1) or whatever you want it to be. It might be without the . mark.

I never could get the sweetFX mod to work for the longest time. It made my graphics worse. But I finally downloaded the one that just lights things up...not the smoothing. And now it works great! It whites things out some times like the little screenshots and icons, but the game itself it seems fine.
  • Options
    Thanks for all the help with the poses everyone! :) very much appreciated, I'm having a bit of fun with them :)

@NewToTheSims yeah poor Alvin!! "Hey P.S, I got your daughter pregnant!" LOL. Considering Leroy's mum (Valentina) slept with Alvins dad (Vincent) back in the day, wouldn't make things any better XD

The only thing with Honey being pregnant is, her belly is not growing! Shes waddling about but she's hiding it very well! I think perhaps because I turned on the age while pregnant option, it stuffed it up somehow? Because I've seen pregnant teens around my n-hood before with a belly so IDK. *SHRUG* I've stuffed about with something and stuffed it up somehow lol! :)

@Jenn thank you for adding the mates to the genepool! :) Even more love triangles (or squares?) shall arise now.. :)

@Meeshelby with the SweetFX mod do you find there are blank-bubble errors? I have blank bubbles for things like, locking doors, claiming a bed, calling the repairman :( I know it's this MOD because once I removed it, the game was fine. What downloaded did you get yours from? I just don't want to remove the mod because it makes my game so pretty >.< lol!
    35i5blu.png
    My Simblr
    Current family tree

• Options
    NewToTheSimsNewToTheSims Posts: 1,160 Member
    @Tellex LOL. Is the occurrence where Honey is pregnant from a mod, or does TS4 allow teen pregnancy? Might be a dumb question... but LOL. XD
  • Options
    @Meeshelby with the SweetFX mod do you find there are blank-bubble errors? I have blank bubbles for things like, locking doors, claiming a bed, calling the repairman :( I know it's this MOD because once I removed it, the game was fine. What downloaded did you get yours from? I just don't want to remove the mod because it makes my game so pretty >.< lol!

I don't blame you lol. I haven't noticed that yet actually. I got my download from HERE. And I downloaded the last option: "Download HD Bright & Soft SweetFX (no sharpening) v2".
  • Options
    @NewToTheSims shes pregnant thanks to the MC Command Center mod (I got risky woohoo enabled) xD so teens can fall pregnant with that. Th ebase game does not allow teens to fall pregnant or try for a body. They don't even get a woohoo option, its called 'mess around with' or something like that.

@Meeshelby thanks!! I got mine from the same website but I have the "Download HD Bright & High Sharp SweetFX v2" one installed. I might try the same one you have when I get home and see how it goes!
    35i5blu.png
    My Simblr
    Current family tree

• Options
    @OJenn I love risky woohoo! It makes it all a little more life like. It's like destiny decides when babies are born. Neither of Summer's pregnancy have been guided by me. Both were a surprise to me as well as them! lol She is too cute! Thanks! I'm loving the collages. It like my own little running storyboard. I find it easier to write for my sims this way. I also say thanks for the additional sims to put into the game. Moar! is better! :)

@Meeshelby I'm so glad you like it...I love being able to follow them to school and the jobs. It keeps me immersed in the story much better I think.

I'll have to follow one of them to school next chance I get...I'm not sure if they can still learn from teachers or not. I know it's in it's own sub-menu labeled School. That's part of the mod.
    mysticfae24.tumblr.com/

• Options
    @Francisca464 I'm starting to get to that point now! I have more updates for Tumblr than I am ready for here! Unfortunately I can't take credit for Enrique & Lauryns' house...it was one already in game! I hate building I've learned, but I want to love it! haha Yay for Lexie & Vincent tying the knot! I LOVE them! I can't wait to see how their children age up to adults. Your twins may not look a lot like their mother, but I can see their grandparents in them for sure!

@yunanesca Thanks for the compliments! Also thanks for sharing the great tips on photos. Have you seen the info in the forums from @MizoreYukii ? Its awesome too! You can find it HERE.

@MysticFae I've started doing mosaic updates too, because I take WAY too many pics! In fact, my most recent update on my Simblr, which I'll have to narrow down for here...had 24 pics!!! And that is WITH 12 of them being mosaics! Wow I'm awful... I do like still doing some single photos too...some just need to be showcased by themselves. I agree that the mods keep me into the game more too! I haven't seen the option to learn from teachers yet, but I've just started playing it so we'll see!

@Tellex I LOVE Maple's bed! Where did you find that? And Honey is SUCH a home wrecker!! lol I love your Italian restaurant! Its so awesome! I would love it if they'd add restaurants somehow to the game. Also, FYI, I love your new siggie!

@cupcakesims Milo is such a doll!! I am falling in love with him. And I love how excited he got about his new baby sister!
  • Options
    Round 3: The Na’ara’s Ch. 1

So I have 24 photos in this update on my Simblr HERE. Needless to say, that's way too many for here, so I'm going to post a small update. Please go to my Simblr to check out the rest of it!

22661909587_d08807131a_o.png
    Next up is the home of Jason & Emilie Na’ara. This home was already built in Oasis Springs, so I plan to adjust it as needed for their coming family. There are like 5 bedrooms in this place, so they’re planning to have a lot of kids!

22459084513_3d593505fb_o.jpg
    Jason & Emilie didn't waste time at all...I swear all my sims roll the whim to try for baby way too fast!

22661894428_35bc15eeef_o.png
    Of course she got pregnant!

22688037259_92e2fc53bb_o.jpg
    22688036639_8ffc1c6ef7_o.jpg
    Emilie made fast friends with both Bella Goth & my own Lauryn Perez!

22459104903_165ea04de2_o.jpg
    22661938997_81b2fc0943_o.jpg
    22688042369_733ffe4e23_o.png
    These two are so sweet on each other!

23066680142_40405c6469_o.jpg
    22661945687_2893d609db_o.png
    Time for baby!!!

22661937277_966d86f48c_o.jpg
    To be a Neat Whiz Kid who looks to be a pretty good mix between dad & mom. He got his mom hair & eye color and skintone between the two. Really he looks to have inherited a lot from Emilie, but looks like Jason a bit too I think.

Next up…my White Male & Native American Female couple! And don't miss the full story from above on My Simblr!
  • Options
    @Meeshelby I So get the picture thing...I take Way Too Many! I should just start doing Let's Plays and I just might start once I get my new video card this week. I can't wait to see your pics of school days! I totally spaced getting pics of the boys! What a great beginning for Jason and Emilie... a new baby and making friends already! Jasper does take after his mom quite a bit, but like you, I see Jason in there some...mouth and eye shape mainly.
    @cupcakesims I just love the many faces of Milo. Too cute! Hanging Emilia's drawings around the house gives a bit of realism. I had lots of those around in RL. Austin and Aiyana are just too adorable. I'm glad they haven't lost that spark after having kids. Austin looks like he's a very involved daddy too! Can't wait to hear is the try for baby is a success!

Update Time...
    Just a small one for now...the next few, (already posted on Tumblr) will probably break the thread! lol

tumblr_nxv5lccoIU1u6dfsfo1_1280.jpg
    A day in the life of the Pham Family…

Poor Summer, she has such a hard time of it, but after a relaxing Soak of milk and honey: It’s back to writing those songs, making those royalties, maxing those skills. Working hard to make her dreams come true…

Chef Jarhem is in the house! He had a Gold medal day and has mastered the cooking skill. He always make the most excellent of dishes that entice many to try a sampling with their sparkle. Uummm :)

Just a late night swim with mom…she needs a little reassurance, she thinks she’s gotta exercise to keep her figure. Must keep that baby weight under control. Pregnant ladies aren’t suppose to be skinny, Silly Mommy!

Ashton knows he’s done alright by mom when Quinton comes and gives him a big ol’ hug…they may fray each others nerves once in a while; but it’s nothing compared to the bond twins have. That love doesn’t break.
    mysticfae24.tumblr.com/

• Options
    SimmerellaSimmerella Posts: 67 Member
    edited November 2015
    @NewToTheSims Yeah, I love Milo!! It's a little sad that he is gonna turn to a teenager soon. But really exciting to see how he will look like :smile:

@Meeshelby I love him too! Don't want him to grow up yet haha! Emilie is sooooo beautiful!! I love her!! And their son is so cute!

@MysticFae Yeah, Milo is one of my all time favorite kids! The next update will be up right after this so you will see! :smile: