Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Rebuilding Worlds: A Sims 4 Building & Genetics Challenge (Thread Moved)

Comments

• Francisca464Francisca464 Posts: 738 Member
    edited November 2015
    @Heckstress17 Really? I like yours! It's not too complicated, yet pretty.
  • OJennOJenn Posts: 8,429 Member
    @Francisca464 - I use Photoshop but that's because I have had a student account with Adobe since I was in college. And even though I am not a student anymore I still pay for the cloud service which is like 9.99 a month for the Photoshop and Lightroom. I hear Gimp is a free tool much like Photoshop but I know next to nothing about it.

With my banners I always start with a certain rectangular shape then add some sort of symbol. For me that has been a willow tree (vector image) and now I have another little vector image that I recolored to go with the new generation. After I center it I just put text where I want it. Aside form that its all just personal preference as far as colors etc. I can check my pixel (px) size for you so you have dimensions for when you try it out for yourself.
    @Francisca464 - Thanks for responding about the hair too, I wish more creators used thumbnails and stuff so I can identify it without launching the sims 4 studio or sifting through my mods folders.
    edited November 2015
    @Ojenn and @Heckstress17 Thanks for the tips and telling how you guys do this stuff. The pixel size would be good to know!

Edit: I still suck at Photoshop, but Fotor works pretty good and it's easy! Even better than good 'ol Paint :joy:

I did end up stealing the way you put your name/simblr/#RebuildWillowCreek under your banner @Heckstress17, I hope you don't mind. I just like the way you did it...
    Post edited by Francisca464 on
  • SimmerellaSimmerella Posts: 67 Member
    I wrote a first update about my Woods family earlier today with pictures, it was kinda long and when I posted it said that it had to be aproved before anyone can read it and it has been almost 12 hours since then, how much time does it take for the comment to be posted or should I make a new comment? ☺️
  • Heckstress17Heckstress17 Posts: 2,306 Member
    I wrote a first update about my Woods family earlier today with pictures, it was kinda long and when I posted it said that it had to be aproved before anyone can read it and it has been almost 12 hours since then, how much time does it take for the comment to be posted or should I make a new comment? ☺️

Oh no :( I've seen that "needs to be approved" message a few times myself. It never actually gets approved and posted. I don't know why, but it basically just deletes your message. I was using photobucket to host my pics, and I had to switch to using tumblr because the forum wouldn't let me upload using photobucket, I got the "needs to be approved" message everytime. I think you'll have to retype your update :( I'd try switching your pic hosting site and see if that works. Sorry!

@Francisca464 - I don't mind at all! :) Your banner looks beautiful! You did an amazing job for just using paint. The size looks good to!
    Origin ID:Heckstress17
  • MeeshelbyMeeshelby Posts: 1,914 Member
    I've noticed many of you use Photobucket to host your photos....do any of you use Flickr? I've been using that but afraid I'll run out of space at some point. Although a terabyte of space is a LOT to run out of!
    @Meeshelby - I use puush for my pictures.

Oh yes, that was the other one I saw...I need to check it out.
    edited November 2015
    Small update over here! *points at the wall of pics that will follow in 3, 2, 1...*

090067e9e6.jpg
    I sent Lexie and Vincent to the Trattoria I recently put on Magnolia Promenade for a nice evening together.

bf56961081.jpg
    'You look beautiful, my dear'
    'What, this old thing? Stop it...' *blush*

a66046ad50.jpg
    Vincent didn't want to wait longer than absolutely necessary, so early in the date he went for it. Lexie couldn't believe this was happening.

18228572b9.jpg
    She was flattered.

a8bd466312.jpg
    And accepted without hesitating, of course.

9433f980bd.jpg
    She thanked him later that night *wink wink nudge nudge*

7d9a2ad01d.jpg
    So Lexie was Very FLirty because of the WooHoo and then I noticed this. Apparently it's a new feature of the MC Command Center?

fa22e36708.jpg
    Yeah... could've used that earlier. Lexie has been pregnant ever since the night Pablo came over to scare Vince out of her bed. I had a hunch because she was nauseous and thought of pacifiers a lot.

4f23dac500.jpg
    'Derp, baby.'

794cc365a4.jpg
    She sat Vincent down to tell him the news, they were just engaged after all. Luckily he couldn't be more thrilled.

92aa0904e2.jpg
    He is already making sure she's comfortable. Sweeet :smile:

5bccd17440.jpg
    Let the three trimesters of binge eating begin...

78751bae98.jpg
    Although, if she keeps puking after dinner she won't get too fat (seriously, all my female sims are enormous after their pregnancies).

That's it for now! I hadn't planned for the 3rd generation to come so soon, but I forgot to turn down the Risky WooHoo percentage :sweat: So I've been punished for the reckless First WooHoo. She should've listened to these talks her parents kept giving her.
    edited November 2015
    @OJenn I noticed that currently the link for Derek Blazedell in the gen 3 partner pool is not working. Maybe its just me? Also, Tyler & Cooper looked identical!!

@Everyone who brings the partner pool in at child or teen age...does it affect anything when they age up to adult from what they were originally set to be?

@Heckstress17 Zander is SO HOT!!! He looks so much like a movie star...one I can't think of at the moment.
    Post edited by Meeshelby on
    @Meeshelby It does give them other traits when they age up, I changed those back to the original YA traits using the MC Command Center. Not sure if that's required, but it seemed fair. As long as you don't change hair color and facial features, it'll be alright I think.
  • MysticFaeMysticFae Posts: 82 Member
    edited November 2015
    @Brandi Why thank you! I am feeling better. I am having hard drive issues at the moment. I managed to post a couple of updates to tumblr a few days back but didn't get them posted here before things went sideways on me. I am slowly getting things moved over to the new disk. It's slow going tho. The drive is failing and wouldn't let me clone or image it, so I'm doing it the hard way. Complete reinstall of Win 7 and then transferring all my stuff back manually. I hope to be back to playing and updating soon. Your concern is much appreciated. :)

ETA: I'm loving everyone's updates so far! It looks like things are continuing to be exciting and unexpected...which makes for some Great stories.
    My Rebuild Willow Creek Updates:
    mysticfae24.tumblr.com/

Orgin Id: Mystic_Fae
    Since my first updated didn't got posted I am trying for a second time around and hoping for the best!

1ce329ab37.png
    bf9ec4ae8e.png
    I decided to build a house of my own for Austin and Aiyana and I am really happy with how it turned out. It's small and cozy and I think it's perfect for them. My favorite part about the house is the backyard even though it's simple, but I think it's cute.

d3eebf4f51.png
    5605457007.png
    Austin got a job in the Tech Guru career and started to play some games at to computer right away since it was his daily task and Aiyana got a job in the Culinary career and she started to cook some food since it was her daily task to do.

115e8647b9.png
    Since Aiyana has the "loves the outdoors" trait I thought that she'd like to do some gardening so I did put out som pots for her to plant some herbs, flowers and fruits in.

6cc212f1d9.png
    I really love to play with this couple. They are so cute together and without my input in their lives they always embrace each other and kiss each other and just do all these cute thing together. They are like a perfect match.

367a54c90a.png
    d097f4f096.png
    d2fbf32d88.png
    Since they where so lovey dovey on each other all the time and I just want so see how their babys will turn out I made the to go try for a baby. The next day Aiyana ran for the toilet to throw up right after she had woken up and she took a pregnancy test and it showed that she was pregnant. Austin is thrilled and is always feeling her belly and is just very happy all the time, Aiyana is to.

I hope you guys liked my first update about the Woods family. Time to play some more and see what gender the baby or babys turn out to be! :smile:
    Meeshelby wrote: »
    @OJenn I noticed that currently the link for Derek Blazedell in the gen 3 partner pool is not working. Maybe its just me? Also, Tyler & Cooper looked identical!!

@Everyone who brings the partner pool in at child or teen age...does it affect anything when they age up to adult from what they were originally set to be?

Heckstress17 Zander is SO HOT!!! He looks so much like a movie star...one I can't think of at the moment.

The link for Derek works fine for me, not sure why it isn't working for you.
    I couldn't wait to start playing so here is one more update almost right after the first.

0bce606e3e.png
    533b4affc7.png
    996c9ea7cd.png
    72b660d990.png
    I went to the gallery to find a park that Austin and Aiyana could go to and have date. Aiyanas has the soulmate aspiration so I thought that she could work a little on that when both of them had som time of from work. The park that I found and put in Newcrest is absolutely beautiful and my guess is that the coming generations will have plenty of dates there. I love how Aiyana is looking at Austin in the third picture and I thought it looked really funny when the homeless girl came and fell asleep right next to them when they had a little make out session haha!

1382e2d5b4.png
    At one point Aiyana really had to go and pee and Austin went over to the jungle gym and played as a angry sea monster with the kid who where on it. I bet he will be a great dad one day!

6c1d25246e.png
    0730eb3e91.png
    When they got home from their gold medal date Aiyana made some heart cookies to eat. Right after that she got in labor.

4be44359a2.png
    59310485ef.png
    I love how happy Austin looks in the first picture when he has his pre-parental panic moment while he is running after Aiyana to the room where Aiyana is gonna have her baby. In the second picture you can see the whole little family, Austin, Aiyana and little Milo.

I can't wait to see how Milo will turn out, from the look of him now, I think he will have the same skin color as his mother and also brown eyes. :smile: By the way, I'm sorry for my english sometimes, I'm from Sweden and not used to write in english haha! :smiley:
  • Heckstress17Heckstress17 Posts: 2,306 Member
    @cupcakesims - omg I loved your updates! Their house is so adorable. I absolutely love the covered patio area you made! I'm definitely going to have to try that out in my game. From what I could see of it, the kitchen is really cute too! And that park, I'm just speechless about how perfect that gazebo is. Austin and Aiyana are such gorgeous sims. It's great that they're so naturally loving towards each other. I'm really excited to see how little Milo looks when he ages up! :) Also, your English is great, so no worries about that.

@Meeshelby - Like @Francisca464 said, I just give the mates the "right" traits when I move them into the house. I only add them in as teens. The only other issue I had was that Julianna aged up to a YA way before Zander. I'm guessing it's because I didn't play with her as a teen, so she didn't have as many aspiration points as him? I know it worked like that in TS3, not sure it that's still the same. And thanks! Zander is a pretty good lookin' sim if I do say so myself lol I really lucked out. Oh, and I use tumblr to upload my pics. I queue up updates there so it's been working out. I wish I could find a site that'd let me upload multiple pics at a time :/ The link for Derek is working for me too, maybe the gallery was just down when you tried to download him or something?

@Francisca464 - I love how quickly Vinny and Lexie are moving along. The little bistro he proposed at was adorable. Still wish we could have actual working restaurants in our games though... I guess Lexie and Zander both should've listened to those woohoo talks their parents gave them. They both got pregnant after their first woohoo lol 2% risk has been working out for me. So did the "birth control" not work, or did she drink it after? Also cute kitchen!

@MysticFae - I'm sorry to hear about your hard drive problems. At least you caught it early before it died and you lost everything! I saw your update on tumblr, that'll have to hold me over on your family until you get things up and running again. Good luck!

Origin ID:Heckstress17
    @MysticFae O no! Computer issues always suck :sweat: I hope you get things running again soon because I enjoyed your updates so far.

@cupcakesims The house you built is so cute! I too love the covered patio. The park is awesome too, which one did you download? The pic of Austin with Milo was my fav! O and don't worry about the English, I'm Dutch so my vocabulary isn't all that either. I know the basics, but sometimes I don't know how to say Dutch expressions in English.

@Heckstress17 Haha, they are going fast aren't they? A bit too fast if you ask me, but it's their lives, I'm just here to facilitate :tongue: I loved the Trattoria at first, but it turned out to be a bit boring with nobody there except for Lexie and Vincent. It didn't have that cosy atmosphere I hoped for. I hope we get working restaurants with the Get Together expansion. I remember loving the restaurant dates back in The Sims 2. Lexie didn't drink the 'birth control', I figured it was too late because she had been nauseous and thinking of rattlers ever since the night she and Vince became boyfriend and girlfriend. I had them WooHoo and then thought: NO! My risky WooHoo percentage isn't turned down yet, it was at 10% I believe. So I was immediately worried and that turned out to be justified..
  • NewToTheSimsNewToTheSims Posts: 1,160 Member
    I have been working on an update, but it's not done yet. I thought I'd stop and look at all of your guys' updates though!

@Meeshelby Actually, I might be the odd one out. I put all my updates on Wordpress, and then I link a few pictures to show you guys in here. So I use Wordpress to host my photos.
    That machine for when they give birth is O_O LOL. I've never seen anything like that before, it's so wierd.
    @Francisca464 Your couple is so cute together!
    @MysticFae Thanks so much for the compliments on my building. LOL. I appreciate it, I used to have a hard time, I'd just build rectangles, boring old rectangles, LOL, but thank you. I hope your hard drive stuff gets fixed.
    @cupcakesims Your couple is cute too. Awww. And I love their house!
    @Heckstress17 Thank you! It really makes me want to play more and update more on this forum! I just became a member and it is so much more fun to be on here when I can post pictures on my sims and get responses! :smile: yeah, the gazebo is just beautiful! Hehe thank you :smile:

@Francisca464 Thank you so much! :smile: Yeah, sometimes it is really hard because you know a thing you want to write but don't know how to put it in english haha! I downloaded the park called "Pretty Park". You can find it here:
    thesims.com/en_GB/gallery/D08B9C39106B11E58CCF5B853BDCAA65?category=lots&searchtype=item_name&sortby=downloads&time=all&searchquery=park&max=50&maxis=false

@NewToTheSims Thank you! :smile:
    @cupcakesims Aiyana is so beautiful!!! And Austin reminds me of Vincent! Congrats on the little one :D And LOL at the homeless sleeping girl! By the way your English is great!! Way better than my Swedish to be sure...I don't know a single word :s

@OJenn Today the link works! I was on a different computer yesterday so maybe that was the problem.

@Heckstress17 Try Flickr...it allows you to upload multiples at one time, BUT...you still have to link them individually here. And yeah the link is working for me today lol...must have just been me!

@NewToTheSims I have thought about Wordpress too...but I'm just using Tumblr for my updating for now. And yeah that machine is freaky haha.
    edited November 2015
    d1ef6e1511.png
    333e272447.png
    9494e6ce68.png
    d445e21dc2.png
    Between all the cuddling, pooping, sleeping and eating Austin and Aiyana is working on their different skills, such as video gaming, gardening and programming and they have both got a promotion each at their jobs. This is pretty much how the days look like in the waiting for Milo to grow up.

8c7728d7c6.png
    af2835d59f.png
    a67902214b.png
    Finally the days come when it's time for Milo to become a child and Aiyana has baked a hamburger cake to celebrate. Unfortunately she has to go to work but Austin and Milo is celebrating by themselves and just having a good time together. I think that Milo turned out really cute.

d15ad4a03e.jpg
    It looks like Milo got most of his look by his mother except for his skin which looks like it comes from Austin. Now I think maybe it's time for a brother or sister for Milo and I am really looking forward to see how he will look like as a teen. Milo got the Social Butterfly aspiration and the Music Lover trait.
    @Meeshelby Haha yeah, Austin really do look like Vincent now that you mention it! :smiley: Thank you! Haha time to learn some Swedish then! :smiley:
    Meeshelby wrote: »
    @OJenn Today the link works! I was on a different computer yesterday so maybe that was the problem.

Yeah I have had that happen to me before with Pablo's link. Glad you got it working though!

edited November 2015
    Family Tree

Sheena Fontaine, Georgia's cousin had a birthday party and invited Georgia over. Those darn teens and their selfies...
    5801aa9ab0.jpg

c709d5b966.jpg

7995e61659.jpg

Back in Willow Creek, Georgia has been enjoying the independence that comes with owning a home
    de89e10072.jpg

Nikki is a repeat visitor but I think she just likes to take a dip in the pool
    2fa846f637.jpg

31bf7619e3.jpg

I snapped this shot and I really love it, Georgia has a level 9 guitar skill now and almost maxed piano
    9b7b1c16a5.jpg

And from the looks of it she has a new cousin on the way, her uncle Cooper's alien wife is preggers again.
    530da448ce.jpg

And these are her two other cousins, the gray one is her Uncle Cooper's eldest child
    3394ba86a7.jpg

Also here are some pics from Tyler and Georgia's first date (don't mind how weird the winter mod looks in Oasis Springs lol)
    4b96443ff8.jpg

129ebc84e4.jpg

Tyler is pretty dreamy since he grew up, it seems like these two want to take it slow no kiss just yet.
    6d33e549f2.jpg