Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Rebuilding Worlds: A Sims 4 Building & Genetics Challenge (Thread Moved)

Comments

• NewToTheSimsNewToTheSims Posts: 1,160 Member
    Hey everyone! I have an update today. Hehe, feel free to check it out at the link below. I built the gym from the ground up, using a floor plan.

Willow Creek Gym Build

I saw a familiar face using the gym after I was done building it. It's my Simself!

simself.jpg?w=1000&h=562

Also here's a picture of the outside of the completed gym.

completed-gym.jpg?w=1000&h=562

@Heckstress17 My glasses are Banana Republic brand, so at least for sure, they have those colored frames! :blush:
    @Tellex Have fun at the wedding!
    @Meeshelby Leilani is a beautiful name. Sorry you're not feeling that couple.
    @Kiwicantdie Your build is really pretty, I like all the bright colors!
    @Ojenn Hello! :blush: This challenge is quite fun.
  • Heckstress17Heckstress17 Posts: 2,306 Member
    Hey everyone. I just wanted to drop in to say I probably won't be updating or commenting much over the next few days. I just had to have emergency dental surgery, so I'm in a lot of pain, and it's probably going to stay that way for awhile unfortunately. I'll be reading everyone's updates, just won't have the strength to post my own and comment. I had a queue set up on my simblr so that will going if you wanna see what my family's been up to. Happy Simming!
    Origin ID:Heckstress17
  • yunanescayunanesca Posts: 303 Member
    edited November 2015
    Aww *HUGS to Heckstress17 I hope you get better soon dear :) I have new new build wanted to share one is a night club it has waterwall in behind the stairs
    11-06-15_6-54-16nbspPM_zpsgqynoaei.png
    11-06-15_6-54-55nbspPM_zpse43beirz.png
    11-06-15_6-52-42nbspPM_zps0oyxuqzv.png
    11-06-15_6-53-04nbspPM_zpswwpo2gfb.png
    11-06-15_6-53-33nbspPM_zpsuddqgplb.png
    11-06-15_6-53-39nbspPM_zpsj4f95j4x.png

library: this is preston libarary he names after his sister pristine so he named it prislin's library
    11-06-15_11-00-38nbspPM_zpsmejyw4zn.png
    11-06-15_11-01-36nbspPM_zpsuaiqhrja.png
    11-06-15_11-01-08nbspPM_zpsco2etpce.png
    11-06-15_11-01-20nbspPM_zpsuyjifiuu.png
    11-06-15_11-01-46nbspPM_zps2fz310ph.png
    11-06-15_11-01-11nbspPM_zpsl8vtdcwg.png
    11-06-15_11-02-03nbspPM_zps178a2a4e.png
    11-06-15_11-01-57nbspPM_zps1x7lb5ng.png
    this area was hit the hardest by hurracain that he libarary sit upon. the scare of the storm are slowly heal over time. some of the crack are actually custom made by me I also drew the much larger ones my
    ~sincerely, yunie~
    Post edited by yunanesca on
    ~Sincerely,Yunanesca~
    My show case.
    jjqfre10.png
    click the button for my Sims 4 Creator Studio
    http://yunanesca.tumblr.com/
  • MeeshelbyMeeshelby Posts: 1,914 Member
    @Heckstress17 I'm so sorry you're in so much pain! Teeth can be such a bother! I absolutely love following your story, so after I finish getting caught up on this thread, I'll have to go get caught up on your simblr!
  • BrandiBrandi Posts: 129 Member
    @OJenn I like Georgia's new home. Now I really want to build my own house. I'm going to start looking up floor plans. Nikki is really cute, so I hope she gets a chance in someone's game.

@Heckstress17 Thanks! That's exactly what I was looking for. I hope you feel better soon!

@Meeshelby Congrats on the baby girl. What's her name?

@Kiwicantdie The park is beautiful so far. I'm sure you're a lot better at building than I am. Pablo and Blanca are so cute together.
    Update Time

I forgot to mention it before but Kaylie rolled the Good trait and the Social Butterfly aspiration.

41652349ea.jpg
    I wanted to see the new repair service in action. And it turned out to be a lot cheaper than just replacing it.

609e3d1429.jpg
    Bailey and Martin kept rolling 'Try for a Baby' so I decided to let them try.

7d9f046ccb.jpg
    Soon Bailey was pregnant again.

6a8b139561.jpg
    The first thing she did was make chocolate chip cookies.

e50815cd85.jpg
    She also gave as much attention as possible before she was no longer an only child.

2bfd5f65b8.jpg
    Kaylie was feeling a little down because she had a bad day at school.

9941111f91.jpg
    Kaylie seems really excited to be a big sister.

0f2aa2cbc0.jpg
    Martin also seems really excited.

17b6fb2ff1.jpg
    Bailey decided to work through this entire pregnancy. She even made time to help Kaylie with her homework.

c0dbf67bb7.jpg
    67965e3d37.jpg
    I think it's funny when the dads freak out.

aa71ec7d2e.jpg
    ffe2bc187d.jpg
    She had another girl. Meet Ava.

7ff7848605.jpg
    I thought Kaylie was excited since she went in all by herself to talk to her new little sister.

86448e3f87.jpg
    Then this happened.

81ae1e9b8f.jpg
    92adcfa245.jpg
    She took her anger out on the bear.

a888f60e16.jpg
    And what do you do right after you have a baby? You cloud gaze with your husband.

bailey%20promotion_zps0ytjtkkl.jpg
    It took a while but Bailey finally got promoted to level 7 of the writer career.

61fc07730e.jpg
    Ava also age up.

Here is a comparison of Ava to her parents and her sister.
    ava%20compare_zpsiuapmjwm.jpg
    Kaylie-Ava%20Compare_zpsmiehy9wr.jpg
  • KiwicantdieKiwicantdie Posts: 1,305 Member
    @NewToTheSims wow your simself is really pretty! The gym turned out super nice too, looking forwards for more buildings :smile:

@yunanesca that's a really cool looking night club! Loved the plumbobs on the tables.... the library tho, that's reeeeally awesome looking.

@Brandi aaah so cute to see the family getting bigger :smile: it's another girl! So far, are you influencing the gender of the baby in any way? I'm not doing that at all in this challenge, to make that even more a challenge, but I wanted to know how others are playing.

@Heckstress17 aaaah dental surgery, that sucks :cry: I'm sorry, I totally know how you feel, had some past horrible experiences... you need to rest a lot, now! Try to rest as much as you can, you'll soon feel much better. Sending you a virtual hug ~
    KEBB11a.png
    Origin ID: Kiwicantdie
    Willow Creek | Evergreen Harbor
  • BrandiBrandi Posts: 129 Member
    @Kiwicantdie No, not unless eating the yogurt parfait counts. Honestly, I was expecting a boy for the second child.
  • MysticFaeMysticFae Posts: 82 Member
    @Everyone Sorry I've just dropped out after my last update...I came down with a head cold Tuesday morning and haven't been in game all week. Started feeling like myself again yesterday and hope to get back to my family soon. The updates have been fun to catch up on...Hope y'all have a great day! ttfn :)
    My Rebuild Willow Creek Updates:
    mysticfae24.tumblr.com/

Orgin Id: Mystic_Fae
    @Kiwicantdie thanks

@Brandi Love the family Super Cute thelil sister got alo of her mom :)
    ~sincerely,Yunie~
    ~Sincerely,Yunanesca~
    My show case.
    jjqfre10.png
    @Kiwicantdie Thank you so much! So nice of you to say. :blush:
    @yunanesca I love the nightclub, the martini glass decor is lovely. I love martinis.
    @Brandi Wow... the unwanted sibling mood? Yikes. LOL. That's so crazy that can happen. o.O Very realistic though. TS4 is pretty cool like that.
    @Heckstress17 Good luck with your dental stuff and get well soon.
  • OJennOJenn Posts: 8,429 Member
    edited November 2015
    *hugs all those not well* @Heckstress17 @MysticFae

Family

Not much has really been happening, aside from me having way too much fun with Georgia.
    a69142fe36.jpg

Despite being friends with Nikki, she is still wary of her
    6d73ad6d05.jpg

Nikki seems unphased, the two are actually good friends now
    fcd20fd114.jpg

I still can't get over Vincent and Savannah being adults, time flies
    629fd7c344.jpg

I got the whole family together for a picture, and Vincent is still looking good ;)
    ce187fb555.jpg

Nothing magical has really happened between Tyler and Georgia, I am starting to think she doesn't like him
    24bcdd44f0.jpg

Wes is now a young adult! But not much has changed with his features really
    f0aa7b7e02.jpg

And yes they had a costume party where Tyler aged up out of nowhere (wasn't expecting that) so I put a flag on him so he couldn't get married or have kids before Georgia made up her mind.

Also does anyone else notice just how similiar her uncle, Cooper and Tyler look ? Kind of weird <_< and I may have to look at the other mate or have Georgia go for a woman! *flails* I dunno.
    a699b00f40.jpg

For now I leave you with a picture of Vincent (that I have probably posted like everywhere) He's still got it
    5be4a49c52.jpg
  • SimmerellaSimmerella Posts: 67 Member
    This looks so much fun! Totally have to try this!!!! :D
  • OJennOJenn Posts: 8,429 Member
    This looks so much fun! Totally have to try this!!!! :D

It is a lot of fun! You should definitely give it a go, I love seeing everyone's families and sims.
  • SimmerellaSimmerella Posts: 67 Member
    edited November 2015
    I have started to make my sims. I did choose the native american female and white male couple and have started on my female. Her name is Aiyana (which means "eternal bloom" or "eternal flower"). She is also inspired from Pocahontas so I downloaded the most popular sim under the hashtag "pocahontas" and played around with her a little and I am in love! She is so gorgeous, now there is just the male left and all I know is that I want him to have blonde hair and blue eyes, but since it's nighttime where I live now I have to make him tomorrow after work. A picture will come up right away when I have made them! Goodnight my fellow simmers! :smiley:
    Post edited by Simmerella on
    Ok so I am very seriously considering playing a rotation type thing like @JordanNicoleJJ does. I've been looking up pics for inspiration of the different couples to make. I already love my first one and want to start playing immediately but need to get the others made too! Jordan, is it difficult to play that many? I get bored so quickly that I really think it would add a new aspect that would keep me going longer. The biggest disadvantage I can think of is that it takes much longer to get through the whole challenge, but I'm ok with that. Also, how do you keep your heirs from marrying other people before you're ready? And do you create a family in each different neighborhood? Any advice/thoughts/suggestions are welcome!
  • TellexTellex Posts: 583 Member
    Wow where have I been? I feel like I have a lot to catch up on this forum!! LOL.

@Kiwicantdie yay for Pablo lovin! I love Blancas hair! Her new look is great. Good job on the park too, I think it looks beautiful :)

@NewToTheSims love your sim-self! It's kinda odd when you are playing a different family and run into yourself LOL. Good job on he gym too, looks great :)

@Heckstress17 so sorry to hear about your teeth dramas! Best of luck with everything I hope it goes smoothly and to plan, we all look forward to your return and to see more adventures of the Marks family lol :)

@yunanesca wow you have been busy with the building! amazing job!! :)

@Brandi yay another baby girl! :) good to see you downloaded my baby skins too haha :D glad you like them :) also makes me laugh when older siblings get those moodlets XD they are too funny. Ava has grown up beautiful! She looks a bit more like her mother to me :)

@Ojenn loving Nikki in your game at the moment :) I hope for her sake, she turns out to be semi-good in your game lol Georgia is my favorite out of your family :) Vincent defiantly still has it! I agree with you on that one XD

I've been gaming for the last hour, going to post an update soon! :)
    35i5blu.png
    My Simblr
    Current family tree

Origin ID: tellekinz
    Here are my two Hispanic Male & Black Female couples I'm trying to decide between. Ugh...I'm going to end up wanting to play all of these!

22447859057_3cd16f3732_o.jpg

22852736252_cbf84fd3c9_o.jpg
    how do you put flag on the sim? i'm still tring get the mc i had to do the up date on that do I have redo my seting if I reupdated my MC command?
    ~Sincerely,Yuna~
    ~Sincerely,Yunanesca~
    My show case.
    jjqfre10.png
    edited November 2015
    Hi guys, here is the very small and super cheesy update of Blanca & Pablo's wedding :smile:
    but still kinda pic spam so you've been warned lol

I had a veeery fast and simple ceremony at the park during sunset, only with the Delgado family (and a Caliente lurker, of course)

e8ub7n.jpg

When I started playing this challenge, I have to admit that at first I didn't tought I could like them together this much, but I gotta admit... they're so adorable :bawling:

nz051.jpg

... of course granpa Andrés had to steal the spotlight /facepalm/

2a6qwlw.jpg

2le6kqa.jpg

nyahq8.jpg

2nbc9p2.jpg

313rgbl.jpg

What cracked me was that Blanca ran off as soon as the ceremony was over, like she couldn't wait to get to her new house xD

And there they were, finally, all alone :wink: ... don't really know what Pablo told Blanca, but there's not much left to the imagination lol

sxdmpf.jpg

"Now, let's go play with genetic, shall we?"

2zxxq9u.jpg

edit: I just noticed that basically I'm playing an almost 100% latino family, now :smiley: ... Blanca has 50% africa in her, but it looks like she's much more hispanic. Can't wait to start working on future heirs!
    KEBB11a.png
    @OJenn time really does fly, right? It's so nice seeing the sims growing, especially from birth, but at the same time kinda sad :cry:
    Georgia looks like so much fun, I'm sure that the sparks will fly when the right time comes. Congrats for reaching adulthood, Wes! :smile:

@cupcakesims it's really so much fun! You should totally join :wink:

@Meeshelby I thought about doing rotational too, but I know that I wouldn't be able to follow that many families in a "legacy" kind of playstyle. If you do, feel free to share all of them here! :smiley:
    KEBB11a.png
  • Heckstress17Heckstress17 Posts: 2,306 Member
    edited November 2015
    @Kiwicantdie - Your park looks amazing, I'm so jealous! Blanca looks so pretty in all the wedding pics. That flower crown was perfect for her. She and Pablo make the most perfect couple. Their babies will be the cutest little Hispanic babies ever! Loved Andres' bedazzled tux too lol

@NewToTheSims - Nice gym!

@yunesca - I absolutely love how you added the cracks and stuff around the nightclub!

@Meeshelby - Maybe you're having trouble getting attached to your first couple?? The female in your first Hispanic/Black couple is drop dead gorgeous! I would totally go with them if you're gonna do a rotational play. I plan to make the other couples and play through with them when I finish with my first couple.

@Brandi - Loved this update! I haven't had a child be upset about having a new sibling yet, poor Kaylie. Ava is so different looking then her sister! That's neat though so you'll have more to think about when choosing an heir.

@OJenn - Tyler and Cooper do look alike! I thought Tyler was Cooper! I was so confused when you were talking about Georgia not being interested in him lol

@MysticFae - Feel better soon!

@Tellex - It feels like there's days of stuff to comment on unless I comment every few hours lol looking forward to your update!
    Origin ID:Heckstress17
    @Tellex Aww thanks! Yeah, I do think it's funny and awesome when Simself shows up when I'm not playing her.
    @Meeshelby I think I like your second couple you posted.
    @Kiwicantdie Aww what a cute wedding! :smiley:
    @Heckstress17 Hey! Thank you!
  • tipsycowplanttipsycowplant Posts: 1,757 Member
    Meeshelby wrote: »
    Ok so I am very seriously considering playing a rotation type thing like @JordanNicoleJJ does. I've been looking up pics for inspiration of the different couples to make. I already love my first one and want to start playing immediately but need to get the others made too! Jordan, is it difficult to play that many? I get bored so quickly that I really think it would add a new aspect that would keep me going longer. The biggest disadvantage I can think of is that it takes much longer to get through the whole challenge, but I'm ok with that. Also, how do you keep your heirs from marrying other people before you're ready? And do you create a family in each different neighborhood? Any advice/thoughts/suggestions are welcome!

Rotations aren't hard to play at all, imo. It's like having a lot of mini-games inside one big game, that you can pick and choose to play depending on your mood. The hardest thing is that you'll have your 'favorites' and want to play them more than the others. I'm trying to keep my game pretty "equal" -- giving everyone some screen time and trying to keep genetics very diverse throughout the world. But if you're playing more for "fun" -- just play who you want when you want! Have very different Sims, so you have "options" -- one day you can play a mad scientist who loves his alien baby more than the rest of his family, the next day you can play a picture-perfect rich family with boring, inactive 9-to-5 jobs and a maid. Keeps things interesting.

Tips for rotational play:
    -- Turn Aging Off for everyone and manually age your Sims up or at least turn Aging Off for "unplayed Sims" and set the aging to "only active household." Unless you *want* them to continue aging by themselves while you play other families, in which case...you can do that too. If you get bored easily, that might be a good way to "speed things along" -- they'll keep aging and you don't really even have to play them, lol.
    -- Birthdays are a good place to switch households, if you like playing for 2-3 Sim weeks (usually 1-3 real hours) at a time. I'm always super curious to see genetics, then get bored afterward and want to switch to a different household, so that's how I play it -- age up, then switch.
    --If you use MC Command Center, make sure the "bypass active household" / "bypass played households" are set to true or false as you want them. I have "true" set for both, meaning my Sims don't get swept up in the drama of MC Command Center. I set spares as "unplayed Sims" in Manage Households so they'll have their own families and stuff.
    --If you don't use MC, you don't have to worry about Sims divorcing/marrying/getting pregnant on their own. They can't do any of that autonomously. The worst that can happen is your Sims might spark up some innocent romances with townies (if they're at a community lot while you're playing another family, they may socialize and end up using romantic socials therefore making them "romantic interests" -- but it shouldn't cause too big of an issue).

As for neighborhoods/space, you'll run out of room quickly if you don't plan carefully. I suggest moving spares into Newcrest or Oasis Springs, because there will literally be no extra room for them in Willow Creek. Use Magnolia Promenade for community lots. Willow Creek has 21 lots -- if you play 4 households, assign them each a neighborhood and use the 2 lots in the smallest neighborhood as "overflow" for the neighborhoods with only 4 lots. Either use the big lot in the middle as a cushy "retirement village" for your elder sims to move into before they die, or as a park that can be used for kid play dates/regular dates/parties/family gatherings/meeting new people/days off/etc, OR as a "town square" kind of lot (perhaps retail) that has little shops, bakeries, restaurants, etc. and a common area in the middle (complete with a fountain or statue and benches) for meeting new people. If you set it up this way, you'll have to start building over residential lots at gen 5 (because there are only 5 lots per neighborhood), or you could just reuse your old houses, or just end at gen 5, whatever works for you.
  • MysticFaeMysticFae Posts: 82 Member
    @Heckstress17 Thanks! I do feel better and Hope you are doing better as well. I even played yesterday and was doing an update to tumblr when I thought my hard drive crashed. Luckily, it is still working for now and have a new drive and a new video card on it's way.
    Now, of course, I'm so far behind here...Don't think I'll ever get caught up! :sweat:

@Ojenn Thanks so much! Hugs always help :) I just love Georgia...so Sassy and she was such a cute witch. And, I always say, take love from wherever you find it, it doesn't have a gender!

@cupcakesims Welcome to the Party! Can't wait to see your founders...:)

@Meeshelby Sorry for all the trouble you are having finding a connection...but, that second couple is just Dreamy! ;)

@Kiwicantdie Oh, Pablo and Blanca's wedding was so sweet. That dress!! What a great update...Andres pose...he was sure feeling full of himself!

@NewToTheSims You are an Awesome builder! Color me jealous :blush:

@JordanNicoleJJ Thanks for sharing all of those wonderful tips...I still struggle to play rotational with any kind of finesse...maybe with those guidelines I won't muck it all up quite so badly...or at least not as quickly! lol
    My Rebuild Willow Creek Updates:
    mysticfae24.tumblr.com/

Orgin Id: Mystic_Fae
    @Meeshelby I thought about doing rotational too, but I know that I wouldn't be able to follow that many families in a "legacy" kind of playstyle. If you do, feel free to share all of them here! :smiley:

I will! Thanks :D Still trying to decide. I usually like to make things more difficult for myself lol
    @Meeshelby - Maybe you're having trouble getting attached to your first couple?? The female in your first Hispanic/Black couple is drop dead gorgeous! I would totally go with them if you're gonna do a rotational play. I plan to make the other couples and play through with them when I finish with my first couple.

Actually I was very seriously considering going back to my first couple, I LOVE them! I just hate to start them over again but I may anyhow lol. I'm making this way more complicated than it needs to be :P
    @Meeshelby I think I like your second couple you posted.

Thank you!!!
    MysticFae wrote: »
    @Meeshelby Sorry for all the trouble you are having finding a connection...but, that second couple is just Dreamy! ;)

@JordanNicoleJJ Thanks for all the info! VERY helpful! And I LOVE your retirement village. I think I might just do this.