Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Can't ask to move in or propose going steady?

Let me start from the beginning (sorry it gets a bit wordy but this is a complicated issue).

I recently reset my laptop, cleared everything off, and reinstalled all my Sims 3 games (I have all the EPs and a couple SPs). Everything is brand spankin' new. I've had Into the Future and Supernatural for a while, but I uninstalled them because I didn't use them that often. This time around, though, I decide to install them as well.

Start a new town, make a new Sim. Her name is Lucinda and she's a genie. Wicked cool, right? I've never made a genie before so I'm having a blast. Don't even have to own a shower. Freaking awesome. Lucinda joins the Singer profession and while performing in a SimFest she meets a strapping young acrobat named Javed (he's a default in Starlight Shores). They start dating and are relatively happy together.

Then I have Lucinda travel to the future. Everything seems pretty cool, I explore for a couple days then go back home. I go to the relationship panel so that I can invite Javed over, and discover that his thumbnail is grayed out, like those of Sims one meets while traveling abroad. I have no idea how he got like that, but he's really cute and I want them to work out, so I use the Invite Foreign Visitors option to get him over her house.

He shows up promptly at 9 the next morning and Lucinda invites him in. Strangely enough, they are no longer going steady- he shows up in the relationship panel as a Romantic Interest. They socialize for a bit and she gets the Ask to Move In option, so I have him move in with her.

After a time, I decide they're not really working out, so I have her Ask To Just Be Friends. He moves out and Lucinda goes about her life.

Soon after, she meets another fine honey named Bryce. They really hit it off and I want them to date, but the Propose Going Steady option never shows up. I have her get close to many other sims, and although she has full relationship bars with them and even has children by a few of them (including a man from the future), she never has the option to Ask to Move In or Propose Going Steady.

I've tried resetsim and giving her the Clean Slate Lifetime Reward. I even had her original beau, Javed, stop by and then killed him to completely cut off all ties with her former boyfriend. None of this works! She's now living with her romantic interest (who I added to the active household using testingcheats) and they woohoo all the time and are very close, but she can't propose going steady! Help!!

Comments

• twobearsforevertwobearsforever Posts: 2 New Member
    Also: I don't have ANY mods or CC. This game is fresh off of Origin.
  • igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    edited October 2015
    Killing off a sim does not necessarily break your sim's relationship with them (strangely enough), but if they were already "just friends" and you've used the Clean Slate LTR, then that's probably not it.

One common reason these relationships cannot progress is that the other sim already has Romantic Interests or a partner.

And there are other times when you cannot progress such a relationship. Is your household already full (8 sims) perhaps? Even if not, you might get better results if you move Jared Bryce out and try from there.
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net
  • TiffyVogueTiffyVogue Posts: 48 Member
    > @igazor said:
    > Killing off a sim does not necessarily break your sim's relationship with them (strangely enough), but if they were already "just friends" and you've used the Clean Slate LTR, then that's probably not it.
    >
    > One common reason these relationships cannot progress is that the other sim already has Romantic Interests or a partner.
    >
    > And there are other times when you cannot progress such a relationship. Is your household already full (8 sims) perhaps? Even if not, you might get better results if you move Jared out and try from there.

thank you for helping
  • igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    Oops sorry, of course I meant move Bryce out not the dead guy. Let us know how this all works out. :)
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net