Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Tutorial: How to share your patterns & How to get your patterns into your game.

2...Next

Comments

• Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,588 Member
    edited February 2012
    Hi,

If you can't get to the Options, adjust your screen resolution to where it fits. Then you can adjust the program to fit your smaller setting under options.. :)
  • 098sims3098sims3 Posts: 3
    edited March 2012
    How can you put the pattern on exchange?? I exporteded it to my game but i dont know how to put it on exchange do u just see it somewere?? plz tell me! : D
  • Mimie1220Mimie1220 Posts: 9
    edited July 2012
    Thank you so much for this tutorial :) So helpful!
    The pictures really helped too :)
  • blalock7blalock7 Posts: 1
    edited August 2012
    Just the information I was looking for and you explained it well. Thank you for writing it up, and sharing. :)
  • ssaffssaff Posts: 27
    edited October 2012
    Thank You SoMuch BlueMurder -
    I was copying files from the Pattern-Maker folder into the Sims3 'Exports' folder and wondering why they weren't showing up.
    i.e. a video-file name-change updates the Launcher immediately, so I'd expected a similar instant-update.
    Your Very clear walk-through just prompted me to look at the options in the CAP Options Menu - :D
  • Prettyme2Prettyme2 Posts: 1
    edited October 2012
    If your pattern has an error on uploading it in the exchange, where would you save it again because on your tutorial you just export it and didn't save it anywhere?
  • maroonpiximaroonpixi Posts: 7
    edited January 2013
    This tutorial is awesome thank you so much for your guidance. I spent hours making these patterns and now I can actually play with them in game! Thank you again so much.

Elaina
  • EletriaEletria Posts: 5
    edited January 2013
    I appreciate this, maybe I can finally use the damask patterns Ive had on hand for a while now :P
  • jademariaaxxjademariaaxx Posts: 1
    edited March 2013
    How do you upload actual clothing items not just the patterns? like I want to upload a skirt & top?
  • duyguugudurduyguugudur Posts: 2,684 Member
    edited August 2013
    I am really new build/cas at sims 3 so my question might cause amusement to some people!Sorry :oops:

Can we load an pattern fm exchange and use it even if we donot have create a pattern tool ?

Thanks for the patience! :)

Cheers xxx
  • marystarbrightmarystarbright Posts: 2,859 Member
    edited September 2013
    I am really new build/cas at sims 3 so my question might cause amusement to some people!Sorry :oops:

Can we load an pattern fm exchange and use it even if we donot have create a pattern tool ?

Thanks for the patience! :)

Cheers xxx

Yes :P
  • foxysimmerfoxysimmer Posts: 19
    edited November 2013
    :)

I did not think I could create patterns myself I watched a few video's on you tube on how to create patterns their videos helped but did not explain all the necessary tips on how to install to game. So I decided to search the forums where I came across this tutorial, you explained the steps and the pictures made it super easy to understand and now I made my very first pattern, shared and used it in game. Thank you so much for this tutorial, it helped me so much!

:mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen:
  • elsievdmelsievdm Posts: 588 Member
    edited December 2013
    Hi , Thanks for this TUTORIAL.. :)

Would it be Possible for you to make a Tutorial on how to get our Game's Create-a-Style patterns INTO the CAP?? Please? I don't know how to do that..PS: I am a dummy to the methods on how to get it into CAP..

Thank you so much...HUGS :)
  • mj3758mj3758 Posts: 59
    edited March 2014
    It's there but you can't see them. Why?
  • HadesDragonessHadesDragoness Posts: 847 Member
    edited April 2014
    Thank you :) I have been wondering how to send an image to the exchange :D
  • Zorse8Zorse8 Posts: 8
    edited May 2014
    AdamJ42 wrote:
    is there any way to create ones own clothes... not patterns, but actual clothes, my daughter is into designing her own clothes.
    Well, your daughter will need to have a limited knowledge of modding, I reccomend going to the TheSimsResource or ModTheSims forums, and looking for tutorials on how to make clothing. Your daughter will have to create custom content, which is moderately hard, depending on your daughter's age. Or, if you don't want to learn all that right now, you can always just download custom content. But make sure you download from trusted users, I like using Pralinesims' custom content, she has safe custom content with no glitchy custom content, and no viruses, nor adult clothing. Downloading custom content is easy, I'll make a tutorial on how to download it, you can also search for another one. Hope this helped, and sorry if it was too long!
  • KarendraeKarendrae Posts: 232 Member
    Thank you! This was super helpful :3. Been playing this game for ages and didn't know how to do any of this.
  • MorgaineWitchMorgaineWitch Posts: 42 Member
    Thanks. This is super helpful. I've been wanting to do this since since I downloaded the game. I guess I can now.
  • LovinLife23LovinLife23 Posts: 1 New Member
    This discussion is super old but hopefully someone sees this.. When I go to the launcher my patterns don't show up under the Uploads. I can download them to my game and they are under downloads/installed content, but I can't get them into the Uploads for the life of me. It's a shame because I would love to add them to the exchange.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top