Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

WHY IS MY SIM GLOWING?!

Comments

• yunagarnetyunagarnet Posts: 417 Member
    lilmiszcee wrote: »
    Miki wrote: »
    Not quite like that v.v I wish I could post a screen shot but apparently I'm a "new member"

You're good to go now.

Oh you're right! When did I become a member!? Ha. Well here's a screenshot:

o5nm2c.jpg

It's a CC skin tone surely?

It could be dress the sim has on as well.

To @lilmiszcee: Try removing the dress and see if the glowing stops.
    “Honestly, we didn’t meet player expectations at launch, and that was a difficult pill to swallow,” - The Sims 4 executive producer, Rachel Franklin.
  • lilmiszceelilmiszcee Posts: 47 Member
    yunagarnet wrote: »
    Not quite like that v.v I wish I could post a screen shot but apparently I'm a "new member"

You're good to go now.

o5nm2c.jpg

It's a CC skin tone surely?

It could be dress the sim has on as well.

To @lilmiszcee: Try removing the dress and see if the glowing stops.

Yes this is an old picture. It was the dress. Though it works fine for others.
  • SarahsShadySarahsShady Posts: 963 Member
    If your playing on a laptop that could be your issue. In Laptop mode, the sim your playing always seems to be highlighted
    giphy.gif

Please Bring Back Toddlers, Realistic Teenagers and Create a World.
    Make the Sims (4) Great Again<3

• sunman502sunman502 Posts: 18,325 Member
    I'm not a Mac user, but it sounds like to me that you guys need to uninstall all of your CC's, update them from the sites that you had downloaded them from. Then reinstall them because it looks to me like your CC's are making the game act strangely. And please make sure that you guys uninstall all CC's, and Mods before updating or adding new packs to your game. :)
  • emmaningemmaning Posts: 3,407 Member
    Remove the cc and boom the cc issues are GONE. It's the cc.
    feKqkxf.jpg

My blog: ning's backlog
    Don't forget the forum rules are on the forum- go find 'em!
  • Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    If your sim is an alien in a disquise, it's normal that he glows when he is emotional :smile:
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • wolfkomoki1wolfkomoki1 Posts: 5,053 Member
    Sigzy05 wrote: »
    If your sim is an alien in a disquise, it's normal that he glows when he is emotional :smile:
    Wait they do? :open_mouth:

6JSxk49.png?1
  • FigwitFigwit Posts: 1,072 Member
    Yes, they get a faint flow about them depending on their mood. However, it is subtle and not the same as that shiny sim in the picture above. That is probably cc causing that.
  • lilmiszceelilmiszcee Posts: 47 Member
    I'm not in laptop mode. She's not an alien. I always remove my CC when updating.
  • JustKeepSimmingJustKeepSimming Posts: 3,447 Member
    It's possibly a texture conflict. You're a member now, so you can post screenshots for us to look at.
  • Tremayne4260Tremayne4260 Posts: 3,126 Member
    The glowing or "shinny" skin is due to using CC. Personally, I use little to no CC or mods. You may wish to consider removing all of your CC and then adding pieces back a few at a time to narrow down exactly which piece or pieces causes this.
    Second Star to the Right and Straight on 'til Morning.
  • breannababesbreannababes Posts: 5 New Member
    I've been having the same problem! I have CC and I play sims on a macbook. It works without the shine for other users, so I don't see why we should have to delete the CC - because it's obviously not bad CC if others are using it without problems. There has to be a setting or something that can disable it. Any ideas??
  • Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member

You're good to go now.

o5nm2c.jpg

Oh wow that is not glowing that is having glass skin or something lol

mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • BluebellFloraBluebellFlora Posts: 7,110 Member
    I've been having the same problem! I have CC and I play sims on a macbook. It works without the shine for other users, so I don't see why we should have to delete the CC - because it's obviously not bad CC if others are using it without problems. There has to be a setting or something that can disable it. Any ideas??

It is absolutely 100% CC. Not all CC causes, just some specific ones.

apple-signature.png
  • breannababesbreannababes Posts: 5 New Member
    > @BluebellFlora said:
    > breannababes wrote: »
    >
    > I've been having the same problem! I have CC and I play sims on a macbook. It works without the shine for other users, so I don't see why we should have to delete the CC - because it's obviously not bad CC if others are using it without problems. There has to be a setting or something that can disable it. Any ideas??
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > It is absolutely 100% CC. Not all CC causes, just some specific ones.

That doesn't make sense to me because other people have the CC - with no problems, no shine, works 100%. Believe me - I've downloaded, deleted, and re-downloaded the CC from different places to make sure it's not just bugged CC from the download site. I would normally agree with you on the bad CC. For the record, I know that the shine is caused by having CC. I know which of my CCs cause the shine and everything. What I want to know is why some users have the exact same CC without the shine.
    Maybe you should all check which graphics cards you're using? That may be the common denominator and is very relevant.
    apple-signature.png
  • lolatortlolatort Posts: 38 Member
    This is a cc specific issue and exclusive to macs – the same item looks OK on a PC . Actually there are two mac-exclusive cc issues – clothing that makes a sim shiny (wrong specular used) and objects with weird texture (incorrect texture size). So either let the creator know (maybe they'll be willing to fix the item), or just move on.
    edited August 2015
    lolatort wrote: »
    This is a cc specific issue and exclusive to macs – the same item looks OK on a PC . Actually there are two mac-exclusive cc issues – clothing that makes a sim shiny (wrong specular used) and objects with weird texture (incorrect texture size).

I'll add this to the Mac bug thread under a non EA issue then :)

apple-signature.png
    lolatort wrote: »
    So either let the creator know (maybe they'll be willing to fix the item), or just move on.

Yes!

apple-signature.png
  • Freggi36Freggi36 Posts: 49 Member
    They glow when they have been drinking a elixirs. A custom content (clothes) can cause this also, I had it with a pair of trousers. :)
    BommelHeader_small.png

From outer space they come. Alien Bommel my gaming site is not a usual gaming site, here lead the aliens the scepter ..
  • ArtemistepesArtemistepes Posts: 4 New Member
    edited December 2015
    i don't have cc installed and my sims glow and i have the latest patch so... i tried to start a new game with newly created sims and they still glow and reverting to original game settings didn't help they are humans not aliens
    Post edited by Artemistepes on
  • AlanSimsAlanSims Posts: 711 Member
    Go to settings and be sure to uncheck "Laptop Mode" option.
  • ArtemistepesArtemistepes Posts: 4 New Member
    edited December 2015
    i don't have laptop mode on i checked that first after reading the post on this forum, thanks for the advise though
    i deleted the save and started again and now its the sim Zoe Patel from the game not the ones i created that glow so i tried another Nina Caliente and she glows too
    my younger sister suggested to just add one from cas that i created and she doesn't glow, Nina stopped glowing as soon as she didn't live in my household anymore
    they don't glow as long as it is only the sims i created aand not the sims from the game that live in the house how am i supposed to complete the legacy achivement if i can't add them to my household?
    they have started to freeze slightly
    Post edited by Artemistepes on
  • LisaKellandLisaKelland Posts: 2 New Member
    I have same problem here, still no solution that I've found. Its seems to be only certain ones from the same creators. -April- and McLayne do this in my game. I have other items from them that are great and they make qualify mods so idk, I can't figure it out. I ended up removing the ones that glow. Here is a list of the ones I found to cause skin glow on my comp if it helps.

-April- TSR:
    Freya - top & skirt outfit
    Irene - gown
    Nicole - gown
    Jung - gown
    Georgine - gown
    Jojo - dress
    Tropico - skirt & crop top (full body)

McLayne TSR:

Fargo Double Pocket Polo
    Keegan Open Checkered Shirt
    Grenoble Mens Down Jacket