Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

@SimGuruModSquad FTPT 0xD382BF57 Resource Detail Please

@SimGuruModSquad I just found out the FTPT resource has changed significantly from TS3. Would you please share the .bt file with us? Thanks in advance.
You can find my S4PE here.

Comments

• _orangemittens__orangemittens_ Posts: 512 Member
    edited February 2015
    If you need to edit an FTPT Sims 4 Studio can do that already.
    Post edited by _orangemittens_ on
  • _A__A_ Posts: 56 Member
    Given the time and effort that it takes for the SimGurus to get approval for and prepare a .bt file of to release to the community, I think it would be a lot more helpful to release something that hasn't already been decoded. FTPT has already been decoded. Kuree, feel free to contact me if you need any help implementing FTPT editing. You have my email address :)

We are however unable to edit the CAS specular RLES (although there has been an initial attempt released recently). The second UV for CAS meshes is also still in need of further documentation. The SimHair shader is high on the list of things that our community really wants that we could use more help with too.
  • IngeJonesIngeJones Posts: 3,247 Member
    edited February 2015
    Surprised you only just found that out Kuree! More to the point, does anyone know what the "Float" type footprint signifies?
  • SimKureeSimKuree Posts: 39 Member
    Uh Inge, I haven't touched the sims code for a long time. I think it's time to go back...
    You can find my S4PE here.
  • pboxpbox Posts: 630 Member
    SimKuree wrote: »
    Would you please share the .bt file with us? Thanks in advance.

@SimGuruModSquad I would like to second this request. Regardless of whether some proprietary products can deal with a resource or not, I’d find it much preferrable if the information was available to the public, and from a reliable source. Thank you =).
    Stuff for TS2 · TS3 · TS4
    While Sims 4 Studio's implementation of the Footprint resource is incomplete in that not all of the fields have a label on them it has been used by many to edit this resource successfully. We offered to share the information that we have in good faith and what we would have shared had we been asked is reliable. Having said that, we too could benefit from a .bt of this format as it would help us to improve our Footprint editing capability.

Plasticbox, if you have a philosophic disagreement with using proprietary products or benefiting from information shared by those that write code for proprietary products, you should know that The Sims 4 is a proprietary product. Any information provided by a Simguru about Sims 4 is information being shared by people who write code for a proprietary product. The .bt format that you are asking it to be delivered in is also a format of a proprietary hex editor. Also, the two operating systems that run the game are both proprietary products. :)
  • cmarinetticmarinetti Posts: 147 Member
    I don't think pbox was questioning the philosophy of proprietary products, but simply requesting that information be made available to the public from the source that created it and therefore has the most reliable data. I agree with that. As for sharing, IMO the best way would be to update the Wiki where it'll be available to everyone who wants it. :)
    cmarNYC on MTS.
    edited August 2015
    Do you mean this wiki?
    http://simswiki.info/
    bRwfkQ5.png
    I used to contribute to that wiki a lot in Sims 3 but it doesn't look like it's being maintained anymore. The front page is one big code error and has been for weeks. I used to contribute to the s4pe wiki on GitHub too but it hasn't been maintained since orangemittens stepped down from updating it when she started working on Sims 4 Studio instead of s4pe. Plasticbox has publicly spoken against Sims 4 Studio on many occasions, apparently because it is a proprietary tool, in spite of the fact that it is a completely non-commercial and free custom content creation tool. I figured that I would let her know that the Sims 4 game is a proprietary product since proprietary code seems to bother her so much.

Like I said above though, if you or any other coder working on a custom content tool for Sims 4 want information on this resource, or even better, would like to collaborate on game resource decoding, let me know :)
    Post edited by _A_ on
    cmarinetti wrote: »
    requesting that information be made available to the public from the source that created it and therefore has the most reliable data.

Exactly. I was under the impression that that was the original topic of this thread.
    I still think the Wiki is the best way to share and collaborate, rather than expecting individual people to share privately which does nothing to help those just starting out in modding or tool creation. The best way to get the Wiki current again is to update it. The Packed File Types pages still work and I'll ask around about getting that front page fixed. I intend to practise what I preach and start updating. Hopefully this time no one will copy/paste over my hard work. :) And that's enough thread hijacking for me.
    cmarNYC on MTS.
    I think cmar that it's clear the Wiki you're discussing is broken and unsupported...if sharing code was a priority at your site its Wiki wouldn't be broken and unsupported. No code sharing has been done there in a long time and that Wiki is sort of irrelevant now...no one coding a tool for Sims 4 uses it. In early days we were documenting at the s4pe Wiki but no one but us working on a tool really posted there much so I stopped bothering with it. Maybe this lack of documentation is why no one has created a tool for making CAS stuff but you, us, and TSR but I doubt that. I think it's because basically no one else has any interest in doing it.

No one copied and pasted anything but official EA data over your posts if you're referring to the s4pe Wiki and it was me that did it there. I think you'll agree that it's better to have official EA code than anything from a hobbyist Sims 4 coder...that's why you're here asking for a .bt in the first place. ;)

Our team works on this for a hobby and we make a custom content creation tool that's fun and easy to use. We generate our own code or use the official .bts when they're available. We aren't working on something for coders or people trying to learn how to code a tool. There really isn't much interest in that anyway. What we're working on is for creators who want to make things for the game. Creators have no interest in writing code for a custom content tool. If someone is interested in that they are welcome to contact us. We're happy to help you if you need it but we aren't going to waste our time posting at some impersonal Wiki to do that. We do this for fun and that isn't fun. And that's enough thread highjacking from me :)
    The root url simswiki.info gives that error for me too, but navigating via MTS appears to work, or individual pages for example http://simswiki.info/wiki.php?title=Sims_4:PackedFileTypes You could probably land there and then navigate from that page.
    edited August 2015
    Hate to hijack again, but I want to clear up one point:
    No one copied and pasted anything but official EA data over your posts if you're referring to the s4pe Wiki and it was me that did it there. I think you'll agree that it's better to have official EA code than anything from a hobbyist Sims 4 coder...that's why you're here asking for a .bt in the first place. ;)

I agree, and I had translated the BT into the usual Wiki format for the sake of consistency and clarity for people used to that layout. So it WAS the official information. :)
    cmarNYC on MTS.
    When you mentioned your hard work above I assumed you were referring to code you had written yourself not an edit of EA's code. The old format that was being used in Sims 2 & 3 is not really easier for anyone without a history in Sims coding (or even for some with that history) so if the idea is to encourage new coders you might consider updating to more usual formatting. This would have the added benefit of saving you the task of rewording .bts. That said I did not intentionally overwrite your reworded official code with EA's standard official code. Had you contacted me about this I would have let you know that. In the interests of not hijacking this thread further you're welcome to PM me should you wish to continue the discussion :)
    Wiki edits can be recovered can't they cos the history is retained? Not that I have ever tried it myself.
  • SimGuruModSquadSimGuruModSquad Posts: 597 Member
    Hey guys, sorry I totally missed this request when it was first posted. Will get this to you when I get the chance.

-SGMS
    Thanks so much :)
  • SimGuruModSquadSimGuruModSquad Posts: 597 Member
    At long last... posted!
    Thank you!