Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

CC Hair?

I've recently come across a problem with custom content hair for the sims 4. It shows up fine in CAS but in game it looks all messed up and it looks terrible.

Anyway to fix this?

I have Mac.
I have tried: Re-Installing, updating, removing and re-adding the cc.

Comments

• Tremayne4260Tremayne4260 Posts: 3,126 Member
    Hate to say this, but just do not use the hair. There are some hair styles that look great in CAS (and this is true for TS2 & 3), but in the game are all messed up.
    Second Star to the Right and Straight on 'til Morning.
  • Simfan923Simfan923 Posts: 5,551 Member
    Usually this is the result of one of two things. Either your graphic settings are too high for your Mac or you're on laptop mode.
    1FKDfKj.png
  • BluebellFloraBluebellFlora Posts: 7,110 Member
    Update your game to the patch that's just been released, maybe it will help? There is a mention in the patch notes of a fix for some types of CC.
    apple-signature.png
  • BellaSparklezBellaSparklez Posts: 6 New Member
    > @EAfan99 said:
    > Usually this is the result of one of two things. Either your graphic settings are too high for your Mac or you're on laptop mode.

So how would I change modes?
  • Simfan923Simfan923 Posts: 5,551 Member
    > @EAfan99 said:
    > Usually this is the result of one of two things. Either your graphic settings are too high for your Mac or you're on laptop mode.

So how would I change modes?

If you go into game options and click on Graphics. Then you scroll down till you see Laptop Mode and uptick it. Quit the game and restart the game.
    1FKDfKj.png
  • candy8candy8 Posts: 3,815 Member
    I have tried CC hairstyles for Sims 4 and most do not look very good because they are still making them like they are for Sims 3. They don't have the animation that EA hair does. I don't download them anymore.
  • MunchyMunchy Posts: 513 Member
    I agree regarding the hair animation. That is why I try to stick with short hairs CCs. They look a lot more natural in game!

I guess it just depends on the CCs!
  • TehCrazySimmerTehCrazySimmer Posts: 22 New Member
    Its because of laptop mode. I have had my laptop mode on and it has messed up my cc hairs all the time. I clicked it off and used different graphics settings, and the game runs smoothly and my hairs all work!
  • CharliecheesenurgersCharliecheesenurgers Posts: 3,673 Member
    edited July 2018
    I've recently come across a problem with custom content hair for the sims 4. It shows up fine in CAS but in game it looks all messed up and it looks terrible.

Anyway to fix this?

I have Mac.
    I have tried: Re-Installing, updating, removing and re-adding the cc.

Set your computer off laptop mode in your settings!
    Come Join our mafia games in the off-topic chat! https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/930404/mafia-masterlist#latest
    It's a lot of fun!