Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

"You Rule" with Options (Aliens Off / On)

Devynsims00Devynsims00 Posts: 3,392 Member
While I am very much enjoying this expansion of Get to Work, I would very much like to see an OPTION in not so far away patch that allows us to Turn Aliens (future supernaturals, etc.,) off. Even an OPTION for an item (similar to TS2 telescope system) that creates the option of gaining / not gaining abductions would be wonderful.

Thus maintaining the Slogan, You Rule & not forcing gameplay that may disrupt gameplay.

Watching in horror of Simmers that are getting abducted (via forum posts) does not leave me feeling very much in control or the feeling that I rule this game. I was not a fan of TS3 Seasons due to Alien abductions as it happened constantly to me as well. And while it hasn't happened to my Sims yet, I really would like to see it being avoided, not just for myself but for anyone that so desires the OPTION of allowing it to be part of their game.

The game is about Going to Work, not about getting knocked up unwanted by random alien abductions. Fun for some? Sure. Fun for all, no. Options and allowing us to feel as We Rule would be a great addition.
OJGRGDT.gif
Post edited by Devynsims00 on

Comments

• RoseChickTmRoseChickTm Posts: 56 New Member
    edited April 2015
    Yeah this has been requested a lot as many simmers are pretty mad about this feature. I really hope EA takes our opinions into consideration.
    Post edited by RoseChickTm on
  • Sk8rblazeSk8rblaze Posts: 7,570 Member
    "You Rule" is just another "brilliant" attempt of Maxis' PR department to try and attract newcomers to the game. Let's not forget, a past slogan of The Sims 4 was "going back to the roots", which couldn't be any more untrue with TS4.

In short, the slogans aren't meant for the people who know what The Sims 4 is already. They're intended to attract the clueless and are empty words.
  • MasonGamerMasonGamer Posts: 8,851 Member
    edited April 2015
    Does alien abduction really happen that often? I didn't buy the pack so I don't know what's going on.

If that's the case then the solution is simple really, there needs to be an option that does allow the player to increase, or in this case decrease the chances of an abduction. 0% 25% 50% 75% 100% chance of an Alien abduction slider in the options menu.

Though I thought, The game plan changed, Like how they added ghosts. They don't spawn unless their urn is out and they come out on certain nights or every 3 days. and if players want nothing to do with them ever. They banish them to the nether.

I thought it would be the same deal with Aliens, Scientists will review them if your sim is a scientist. you can call out an alien in human form. Aliens won't naturally show up if the Alien Portal isn't active.

Then I Hope the Supernatural pack takes my advice before hand, I made it clear in my pack idea Zombies won't spawn as much as they did in the Sims 3, In order for zombies to spawn in the world, Sims would have to preform a Necromantic spell, which raise the dead, (which I say is great for a good challenge cause it's not a simple task, lets just say it's good timing is all). and in the options players can check a box the enables/disables form certain CAS creatable supernatural NPCs from showing up.
    Realm of Magic:

My Mood:

tumblr_nlbf3b0Jyb1qkheaxo5_250.gif
  • Devynsims00Devynsims00 Posts: 3,392 Member
    @Sk8rblaze I won't argue that. Ever lol :wink:

I'm just making an attempt at positive-posting. Future patches will tell the story though :D
    OJGRGDT.gif
    @MASONGAMER I haven't had ANY abductions yet. However I am also using a Sim that makes use of a satellite to repel aliens as well. I'm actually quite nervous to play my normal household due to aliens date-plum'ing me.

However I have read many posts where players are being abducted and knocked up left and right. I didn't enjoy this in TS3 and was in hopes that due to No Story progression this wouldn't happen in TS4. S'now I'm worried :D
    OJGRGDT.gif
    Yeah this has been requested a lot as many simmers are prettu mad about this feature. I really hope EA takes our opinions into consideration.

@RoseChickTm me too!!! :D
    OJGRGDT.gif
  • kimjo313kimjo313 Posts: 3,865 Member
    I wa just discussing the high rate of abductions and "pollination's" on another post and it seems ALL the babies born of an abduction are siblings. So at the rate the game is abducting and "pollinating" the whole "world" could end up related to each other. We really need a way to turn them off !

kim :/
    Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt.
    Abraham Lincoln

@kimjo313 So true!!
    OJGRGDT.gif
  • altad1altad1 Posts: 1,091 Member
    I agree we need the option on whether or not to have aliens. I haven't played the scientist career but my Doctor discovered one of her patients was an alien, and since I don't want aliens in this save I guess I will have to make a sim for her to meet. I don't want any chance alien encounters :o
  • Cabelle1863Cabelle1863 Posts: 2,251 Member
    I was able to stop the abduction in my game by using the testing cheat reset on my sim. However, I agree that we need options. We need a buyable object that can turn abductions off for that lot, along with an option in the game settings for those who don't want it in their game at all.
  • ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    Well it is something that the Sims 3 does better on. There is an option to turn off supernaturals in that game. Even the Sims 2 provided the cure potion option. So the Sims 4 just doesn't provide options for players on many aspects.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • KevWalkerKevWalker Posts: 810 Member
    Scobre wrote: »
    Well it is something that the Sims 3 does better on. There is an option to turn off supernaturals in that game. Even the Sims 2 provided the cure potion option. So the Sims 4 just doesn't provide options for players.

More accurate this way I think - no offence intended. B)
  • ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    edited April 2015
    KevWalker wrote: »
    Scobre wrote: »
    Well it is something that the Sims 3 does better on. There is an option to turn off supernaturals in that game. Even the Sims 2 provided the cure potion option. So the Sims 4 just doesn't provide options for players.

More accurate this way I think - no offence intended. B)
    Nah it's fun. But yes basically what I meant. We need more options. I mean I love supernaturals, but not everyone does. So I want options for my fellow Simmers.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • PinkJellyBeansPinkJellyBeans Posts: 219 Member
    I agree. They need to add a turn off option for all supernatural creatures like Sims 3 did. I also don't like ghosts and they were basically "forced" into my game via a patch. I'm actually dreading the day they'll announce a Late Night EP and add vampires to it again. :/ One of the (many) reasons why I haven't bought GTW was because I just don't want aliens in my game at all, so I hope they will fix this because I do plan to buy it sometime in the future (*cough* after they add toddlers *cough*).
    @PinkJellyBeans It's always good to have options!! Hope we get them :D
    OJGRGDT.gif
    Having the satellite to help Increase / Decrease is a nice tool, but being able to opt out would be a wonderful welcome feature. I hope they patch this option in for us all.
    OJGRGDT.gif
    @CABELLE1863 omg I did this so many times with TS3 lol!! It totally ruined Seasons for me as I was being abducted left and right, no matter what I did or did NOT do.

I recently had to use this the other night while playing. Oddly enough, my game crashed shortly after (first time) lol!! I'm not upset over any of it, but it totally killed my mood to Sim & led me to play my other games. Amazing what OPTIONS could do for anyone's gaming experience :D
    OJGRGDT.gif
  • kimjo313kimjo313 Posts: 3,865 Member
    Why is it EA does not seem to understand moderation? Look at vampires, paparazzi and zombies from TS3. Saturated with them. Same thing here with aliens. What would lead them to believe the majority of the players would welcome any of these in such "large" amounts? It would be nice after the issues in TS3 with people upset with the over population of certain species, if EA would have included options to start with! Why do they wait until the players scream for options before they include them. (If they ever do in TS4). I have such a hard time believing EA even cares about the quality of game play when they release something as over powering as the swarms of aliens with out a way to control it. How many non aliens are being culled as a result of the infestation of aliens? I lose more an more hope every day, that TS4 will ever be a game I can enjoy.

kim :/
    Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt.
    Abraham Lincoln

@KIMJO313 Yeah, I remember when TS3 introduced them and how my World was over-run with them. It was awful until they allowed the optional method, which I was thankful for. Just wish they would have done so again (even if TS3 had no alien control).
    OJGRGDT.gif
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    Perhaps they can patch in when aliens abduct. In the past this was triggered by the player. Either by looking through the expensive telescope or by using that thing in NL to spin around but only on high would bring a 'chance' to get abducted. I don't know if there is a trigger in this game but we don't really need a toggle, but a way for the player to trigger it if they wanted it and a way to avoid it. Like don't use that spinning wheel for a Sim to spin around on a high setting. I think game play is much better when things are by surprise but probably makes everyone happier when it is actually triggered by the player. That's why we don't need toggles.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
    @CINEBAR That's a nice thought, but I'd prefer the full Option. Mostly due to the trigger (Sims 3) not a well-working feature. I could play a Sim with no skills gained, no space rocks, no scopes used and still get abducted. Was not a fan of this method at all & totally ruined Seasons.

If I, or We Rule... I'd much prefer full optional control over disruptive features implemented into the game :D
    OJGRGDT.gif
    edited April 2015
    Thanks for the April Patch in reducing Alien abductions, however an OPTIONS On/Off feature would be awesome in the very near future :wink:
    OJGRGDT.gif
  • 06Bon0606Bon06 Posts: 11,614 Member
    Sk8rblaze wrote: »
    "You Rule" is just another "brilliant" attempt of Maxis' PR department to try and attract newcomers to the game. Let's not forget, a past slogan of The Sims 4 was "going back to the roots", which couldn't be any more untrue with TS4.

In short, the slogans aren't meant for the people who know what The Sims 4 is already. They're intended to attract the clueless and are empty words.

Worst part of this lie? I have never had this little control over anything that happens.
  • rawan1203rawan1203 Posts: 10 New Member
    I would love the option to turn off alien abduction/male pregnancies too.
    06Bon06 wrote: »
    Sk8rblaze wrote: »

Worst part of this lie? I have never had this little control over anything that happens.

They occasionally tease us with minimal control features :wink:
    OJGRGDT.gif