Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Wasted Money

BlueKissedBlueKissed Posts: 6 New Member
Get To Work was such a disappointing waste of money. No new aspirations or traits? Seriously? The new content is laughable (Hipster hairstyles for a career expansion pack? What?). I played it for all of ten minutes before I realized that I had just wasted my money. I tried playing it a couple more hours just to make sure it didnt get better. It didn't. Questioning if I should buy an expansion or play the Sims 4 ever again. The base game was already such a huge disappointment and now they can't even do the expansions right. I guess every Empire has to fall eventually, I just never knew The Sims franchise would be next.

Comments

• MarianneSimmerMarianneSimmer Posts: 1,113 Member
    I am sorry you feel that way. Thank you for sharing. I myself loved it.
  • sillehbeesillehbee Posts: 704 Member
    If you're that disappointed in it then maybe the sims just isn't for you. I personally think this EP is amazing, and it was the first time I've been excited for an EP in a very, very long time -- especially one that actually delivered on the fun after so much hype.
  • BlueKissedBlueKissed Posts: 6 New Member
    edited April 2015
    I have been playing the Sims since the very beginning and loved every second of it. The Sims 3 and all the expansions that went with it were amazing! I too was excited for this expansion....until I loaded it up and tried it...
  • CristianoCristiano Posts: 138 Member
    If you played it for 10 minutes, you couldn't have possibly experienced the content of the expansion. It has some flaws right now, but it is a fantastic expansion. I'm sorry you don't like it, but at the same time, ranting about it after 10 minutes is fairly pointless.
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,387 Member
    I think this ep is awesome for a first one and adds more content then any other sim game has. Imagine what future gamepacks and eps will bring. I disagree with the OP.
    If you read my comment in its entirety, you will see that I have actually played it for a few hours, not just ten minutes.
  • magooo63magooo63 Posts: 360 Member
    edited April 2015
    I agree with cristiano, @BlueKissed, after only 10 minutes or a couple hours, you could not possibly have gone through all the content in this ep, so that means that there are somethings that you have not tried yet. Maybe if you spend a little more time with it and then come back with your honest opinion, it may carry a little more weight. When kids don't won't to go to school on the first day, they based that on their preconceptions of school, but as we all know going through a full day or even a week has created awesome memories that last the rest of their lives. That's because they followed the process of the full day/week of school, not just one hour. We would love to see back here with hopefully a better outlook of the game. Happy Simming!!!
    With all the flaws of this game, (and there are a lot) it's hard for me to believe that people would rather not play this game. Even at it's worst, you still get to do sooooo much more than just last week. If you don't like one thing, try another, if you don't like that one try the next 5. Just too much stuff to do to just not want to play it, or get a refund. Be upset and angry but, like the previous Sims, they eventually get 85-90% of the content we want. Please don't return the game, i'm sure you would regret it. Happy Simming!!
    @magooo63,
    My opinion should not be any less regarded, or dismissed, simply because I have not sank twenty hours into the EP. I played every career/business that I could in the amount of time I spent. I built and used every new item as well. Everyone is entitled to their own opinions. I'm glad that those of you who have taken the time to respond have enjoyed the expansion, but please do not disregard my opinion because it does match your own or you feel that I have not met the requirements to form my conclusions. : )
  • Lizziemay12Lizziemay12 Posts: 1,178 Member
    edited April 2015
    I like the detective career, though it took a while to solve her first case and the hours you have to spend on the lot is minimal. The retail aspect I'm still looking at but I am absolutely loving the whole transfer funds aspect. It's awesome. I haven't tried the medical or inventing careers yet.

But I am wondering how you are able to fit an attempt at doing everything new that comes with the expansion pack in a space of 10 minutes. I have played like 3 hours now and just barely scratched the surface of the detective and retail add-ons.
    Origin Username: LizzieMay +++ New friends are always welcome :)
    @BlueKissed, you are completely right about all that you have said, and i absolutely did not disregard what you had to say, as a matter of fact, i said that this game has a lot of flaws. My intention was to simply try to persuade you to stick with the Sim Family as i'm sure it will get better. But, I digress, if this game is not for you, enjoy your next game venture.
  • Clk1143Clk1143 Posts: 1,014 Member
    edited April 2015
    If you truly dislike the expansion pack after playing for a just a few hours, then perhaps you are correct it may not be for you. It could be that just Get To Work expansion pack is not to your tastes or it could be you dislike sims 4 in the first place. You could wait and see if they come up with an expansion pack that does fit your personal playing style or if you just dislike sims 4 all together then yes feel free to quit playing the game.

Personally I have had the expansion pack for a couple days now and have enjoyed it. I am just now at level two on the science career. I am playing a geeky punk sim. It's a lot of fun talking to my co-workers, experimenting, and inventing. I got my first invention into my inventory today. I have also like sims 4 since it first came out, this expansion pack has simply made me like the game even more. I can't wait to make one of my main sims in charge of a bakery so she can catch her husband cheating at her bakery (yeah he's not the smartest sim lol).
  • MarianneSimmerMarianneSimmer Posts: 1,113 Member
    Clk1143 wrote: »
    If you truly dislike the expansion pack after playing for a just a few hours, then perhaps you are correct it may not be for you. It could be that just Get To Work expansion pack is not to your tastes or it could be you dislike sims 4 in the first place. You could wait and see if they come up with an expansion pack that does fit your personal playing style or if you just dislike sims 4 all together then yes feel free to quit playing the game.

Personally I have had the expansion pack for a couple days now and have enjoyed it. I am just now at level two on the science career. I am playing a geeky punk sim. It's a lot of fun talking to my co-workers, experimenting, and inventing. I got my first invention into my inventory today. I have also like sims 4 since it first came out, this expansion pack has simply made me like the game even more. I can't wait to make one of my main sims in charge of a bakery so she can catch her husband cheating at her bakery (yeah he's not the smartest sim lol).

Get that two-timer!
    edited April 2015
    I apologize @magooo63, I misunderstood your post. Rest assured I will continue to try Get To Work and will happily update my OP should my opinion change. : )
    I will say I have always appreciated how the Sims franchise is a good game to always have loaded and ready to go. Sometimes stopping terrorist plots, slaying dragons, fighting zombie hordes, epic car chases, and being mankinds last hope for saving the world can get a bit intense and I love being able to always go back to the Sims for some more lighthearted gaming.
  • Cookie4simsCookie4sims Posts: 149 Member
    @BlueKissed you do have a right to feel the way you do. As for me, I'm really enjoying the sims 4 and all. However, my teen daughter thinks the game is wacky. So each to their own.
    @Lizziemay12; as stated in my OP, I have played the EP for a few hours as of today, not just 10 minutes.
  • SimplyJenSimplyJen Posts: 14,828 Member
    I'm sorry this EP was not for you. You have every right to form your own opinion. I too was upset about no new aspirations or traits but I didn't read much about this EP before buying. I can totally understand how this pack won't appeal to everyone. If you feel like you want to give another pack a chance in the future, maybe wait on a sale so you don't end up spending so much.

Despite a few things here and there, I'm enjoying myself. I still have not tried everything out yet. Hopefully EA is quick about it and does something about sims being abducted all the time. That's not fair to anyone who wants to avoid aliens. Most people don't want to be forced into cheats or have to go through a pregnancy just to return the alien baby.
    i7-13700K • 16GB • RTX 4070
    S3 simblr: http://simplysimming.tumblr.com/
    S4 simblr: http://simlogic.tumblr.com/