Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Next Expansion Pack is City Themed?

jackjack_kjackjack_k Posts: 8,601 Member
edited March 2015 in The Sims 4 Ideas Corner
Okay, so obviously take this with a grain of salt, but there are certain hints that the next pack is city themed.

Firstly, from Day One we have been teased a City in the background of Willow Creek;

09-02-14_9-08nbspPM_zps1a6bc68c.png~original

Now with Get To Work, they have made the City even closer than before;

AgmCTY4.png

Also, in the same Survey that Get To Work was included in we got this Expansion Pack concept as well;
CITY LIVING

It’s time for your Sims to experience city living. Meet brand new neighbors and friends as your Sims live in a loft or apartment in one of the many high rise buildings. Your Sims will be able to check out the latest bands and DJs and dance the night away in the new rooftop night clubs. If you feel inspired, you’ll even have the opportunity to start your band and try to make it big!

and recently, some new Concept Art + an in-game object Render leaked online:

boothWhite.jpg

which fits perfectly with the description that there will be DJ's.

We had clues that the first Expansion Pack was going to be Active Careers and Retail Themed, could this be a clue as to what we will see next?

Comments

• JoBass24usJoBass24us Posts: 1,629 Member
    I would not be surprised!
  • mckenzieros3mckenzieros3 Posts: 85 Member
    Possibly!! That'd be really cool! And a new city world! I would love that! If it is true, I wonder what kind of content would be added. Maybe something like nightlife? But great theory! : )
  • jackjack_kjackjack_k Posts: 8,601 Member
    Possibly!! That'd be really cool! And a new city world! I would love that! If it is true, I wonder what kind of content would be added. Maybe something like nightlife? But great theory! : )

Yeah, I'm guessing a mix of Late Night and Nightlife. Maybe Restaurants, new types of Clubs, Apartments and Lofts.
  • PeachyMamaPeachyMama Posts: 136 Member
    Would be cool if it was, looks like it would be quite fun to play.

I cant help but hope they do a Generations type EP first though so that we gain those family interactions that the game is lacking in, would be a lot more useful then a DJ.
    .. PeachyMama, Sims addict since the Sims 1 ..

7xy4p1.png
  • MoodbeamyMoodbeamy Posts: 1,510 Member
    The survey had other options as well; I can't see the typical Nightlife/Late Night pack coming second; I think it will be third.

We can assume that the first expansion probably entered development before the base game was released. They've filled it with things we asked for in TS3, especially more active careers and in particular OFB. They knew full well that OFB would sell. Now, since the base game has been released, they have a pretty good idea of what people would like to see added back into TS4. The survey also included options for the town itself, cities, and for family play. I expect the second expansion to centre around expanding the towns, giving us more to do within them, and likely including some new family style play too.

That said, I fully expect the city style pack quite early on; my prediction is that it will be the third expansion pack. I expect it will be integrated with the celebrity/glamour life options from the survey too.
    tFU6JMe.png
  • nanashi-simsnanashi-sims Posts: 4,140 Member
    Not buying. I hope EP 2 will be a Generations EP.
    @Moodbeamy wrote: »
    The survey had other options as well; I can't see the typical Nightlife/Late Night pack coming second; I think it will be third.

We can assume that the first expansion probably entered development before the base game was released. They've filled it with things we asked for in TS3, especially more active careers and in particular OFB. They knew full well that OFB would sell. Now, since the base game has been released, they have a pretty good idea of what people would like to see added back into TS4. The survey also included options for the town itself, cities, and for family play. I expect the second expansion to centre around expanding the towns, giving us more to do within them, and likely including some new family style play too.

That said, I fully expect the city style pack quite early on; my prediction is that it will be the third expansion pack. I expect it will be integrated with the celebrity/glamour life options from the survey too.

They did have other options that is correct, but the design team have designed at DJ booth, which makes me think that's where they are heading next.
    I think they might wait for Family Play until they have finished Toddlers and patch them in. Would be no point doing one before Toddlers are in the game, and have them miss out on new interactions.
  • jimbbqjimbbq Posts: 2,734 Member
    I am not that into apartment . Apartments in sims 2 are so heavily buggy.... As for bands I am not into celebrity show time kind of stuff either .... However I think city life is more than just the usually night life glamourous stuff! Eg I would love to have a zoo, theme park , restaurant , etc you know the normal city stuff for normal folk
  • 06Bon0606Bon06 Posts: 11,614 Member
    or it was scrapped base-game content.
    Also, why is everything giant?
  • gothprincess4evergothprincess4ever Posts: 2,130 Member
    I personally don't like the idea of a city-themed expansion pack, but the Apartments back in The Sims 2 days weren't bad at all... *Hint, hint*
  • xBob18xBob18 Posts: 7,893 Member
    Moodbeamy wrote: »

Hot Date was the third expansion pack for TS1.
    Nightlife was the second expansion pack for TS2.
    Late Night was the third expansion pack for TS3.
    Therefore, a nightlife expansion pack will be the second one for TS4.
    :)
    oh3cjs.jpg
  • mizuru007mizuru007 Posts: 1,085 Member
    edited March 2015
    I really do hope this isn't the next EP, if only because out of aaaaaall of the expansions across the entirety of the Sims franchise, the city ones are always my least favorite. Always.
    You'd think that with how many threads there are screaming for toddlers and Family Play, the next EP would be focused around that? At all? No? Just me?

Only way you'll get me excited about this is if:

1) A patch is released that actually lets Sims dance with each other! As in actually FACING each other! And interacting! With each other!! Possibly even TOUCHING! :open_mouth:

2) I see a toddler working the mixing table.
  • MegandtheMoonMegandtheMoon Posts: 1,831 Member
    jackjack_k wrote: »
    Okay, so obviously take this with a grain of salt, but there are certain hints that the next pack is city themed.

Firstly, from Day One we have been teased a City in the background of Willow Creek;

09-02-14_9-08nbspPM_zps1a6bc68c.png~original

Now with Get To Work, they have made the City even closer than before;

AgmCTY4.png

Also, in the same Survey that Get To Work was included in we got this Expansion Pack concept as well;
    CITY LIVING

It’s time for your Sims to experience city living. Meet brand new neighbors and friends as your Sims live in a loft or apartment in one of the many high rise buildings. Your Sims will be able to check out the latest bands and DJs and dance the night away in the new rooftop night clubs. If you feel inspired, you’ll even have the opportunity to start your band and try to make it big!

and recently, some new Concept Art + an in-game object Render leaked online:

boothWhite.jpg

which fits perfectly with the description that there will be DJ's.

We had clues that the first Expansion Pack was going to be Active Careers and Retail Themed, could this be a clue as to what we will see next?

I was thinking this too - but my reasoning was that GTW is very work orientated, so they'll want to balance that with some nightlife/unworky aspects in the next EP. That's my theory anyway.
    tumblr_nh3ivhx9ob1rs61ydo1_500.gif
    @06Bon06 wrote: »

It could have been scrapped Base Game content. But this EP concept mentions DJ's and this DJ Booth mentions DJ's.
    Also the Nightclub in The Sims 4 was always Live Entertainment, rather than DJ's:

TS4_Club_Concept_Art.png

We got the Musical instruments in the base game. They never showed a DJ or a Dance Nightclub in the original Concept.
    So I'm thinking it's not Base Game content that was scrapped, lol. Who knows though?

@mizuru007 wrote: »
    I really do hope this isn't the next EP, if only because out of aaaaaall of the expansions across the entirety of the Sims franchise, the city ones are always my least favorite. Always.
    You'd think that with how many threads there are screaming for toddlers and Family Play, the next EP would be focused around that? At all? No? Just me?

Only way you'll get me excited about this is if:

1) A patch is released that actually lets Sims dance with each other! As in actually FACING each other! And interacting! With each other!! Possibly even TOUCHING! :open_mouth:

2) I see a toddler working the mixing table.

I think they are holding Family Play off until they finish Toddlers. They obviously know it would make The Sims 4 sell like hotcakes, and it must be annoying that they haven't finished them yet.
    @06Bon06 wrote: »

It could have been scrapped Base Game content. But this EP concept mentions DJ's and this DJ Booth mentions DJ's.
    Also the Nightclub in The Sims 4 was always Live Entertainment, rather than DJ's:

TS4_Club_Concept_Art.png

We got the Musical instruments in the base game. They never showed a DJ or a Dance Nightclub in the original Concept.
    So I'm thinking it's not Base Game content that was scrapped, lol. Who knows though?

Yes, they are called chairs and bar stools :trollface:
  • StarduztStarduzt Posts: 83 Member
    @JACKJACK_K very well spotted!! I think you are right, the city life should be definitely on the radar for the upcoming pack, specially because it always have been one of the firsts in the sims series. I personally am excited about it, I loved hot date and late night, gives a lot of options to the gamers and I am not into settling with a family...yet! :D
  • The_SimScraperThe_SimScraper Posts: 2,083 Member
    I thought the same thing, We can build 4 floors now with Get To Work then with a nightlife pack expand it to 5 or 6 for apartments :)
    I thought the same thing, We can build 4 floors now with Get To Work then with a nightlife pack expand it to 5 or 6 for apartments :)

It should be a GP then. Not the next EP :neutral: Next EP should be Generations. Last time I checked online, didn't hear any players saying, "I won't spend another dime until I get an apartment" or "why is there no apartment play". If EA doesn't improve the family play in the next EP and fix the more disturbing elements that are clearly bugs (like the father impregnating his daughter), it's going to be very disappointing.

It should be a GP then. Not the next EP :neutral: Next EP should be Generations. Last time I checked online, didn't hear any players saying, "I won't spend another dime until I get an apartment" or "why is there no apartment play". If EA doesn't improve the family play in the next EP and fix the more disturbing elements that are clearly bugs (like the father impregnating his daughter), it's going to be very disappointing.

City worlds have been in huge demands. Did you not see everyone go crazy when EA accidentally mentioned apartments twice. Each time everyone got super excited.

And Family Play is awesome, but if they don't have Toddlers finished, Family Play would be pointless. That would need to come after Toddlers, and I doubt Toddlers are coming any time soon.

City worlds have been in huge demands. Did you not see everyone go crazy when EA accidentally mentioned apartments twice. Each time everyone got super excited.

And Family Play is awesome, but if they don't have Toddlers finished, Family Play would be pointless. That would need to come after Toddlers, and I doubt Toddlers are coming any time soon.

I'm not saying city life isn't popular. I don't think it's a deal breaker like the lack of family play, emotional interactions, and missing toddlers. I also think it would be easier to incorporate, especially with the increase of floor levels in the upcoming EP and so could be applied in a GP. For example, if there were a Downtown GP they could add restaurants, apartments, better bars (there is already a bar venue), new clothes, and perhaps 2 new active careers which were omitted from the survey (e.g., an Architect career, and a Maid Career). This doesn't require an entire EP because most of the elements will be in the game by GTW. What revolutionary game play will an Apartment EP bring that would merit delaying a Generations EP?

There is no point of having a dance club as TS4 sims can't dance :unamused:

I agree if there are no toddlers, then there is no reason for a Generations EP, but if the next EP were a Generations EP with toddlers, I'm pretty sure a lot of fans would stop boycotting the game. I think the negative attitude towards EA has shifted quite a bit with the release of GTW. EA should capitalise on this. Apartment GP / Generations EP--in July and September 2015 respectively :wink:

• MoodbeamyMoodbeamy Posts: 1,510 Member

I wouldn't say people want cities more than they do increased family style play. If we expect the next expansion in four to six months then it's very possible that toddlers could be ready and patched in.
    tFU6JMe.png
  • PixelsSquaredPixelsSquared Posts: 3,265 Member
    I'm hoping that the next EP is Generations or Seasons and the next GP is City Life. First off, City Life isn't as major as Generations or Seasons. I would think more players would want Generations or Seasons more. Second, I don't think we would really get that many new features in City Life. We already have so many "city living" aspects in the base game like nightclubs and lounges. I can imagine the main feature being apartment living along with some minor features too. Third, I doubt the city world would be that big, considering the limitations. Overall, I think that if we ever do get a City Life pack, I think that it should be a GP rather than an EP because it might be too small to be an EP.
    ypU37gD.gif
    Pricefield forever.
    Time Won't Keep Us Apart - A story.
    MTS: SimsForever15 | Origin: vba152318 | Paradox: PixelsSquared | Simblr: PixelsSquared
  • catmando830catmando830 Posts: 9,117 Member
    I hope not want I want a beach and the ability to swim in the water connected to it.