March 29th - It's time for our Friday Highlights! You can check them out here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

- The Sims 4 help, troubleshooting & BUG Thread -

Comments

• BluebellFloraBluebellFlora Posts: 7,110 Member
    tocool123 wrote: »
    So I just downloaded Sims 4 on Mac. When it finished downloading I went into CAS and I couldn't see any of the clothing or hair color. I could only see little grains of color. I tried changing the graphics settings but nothing worked. Any help is appreciated.

Please can you post the info asked for in the opening post?
    apple-signature.png
    Is it normal for my whole computer to slow down and lag while playing in full screen mode? When I play in windowed mode my computer doesn't lag. I don't know if it's normal since I don't normally play games on my mac side. I didn't have that problem in bootcamp.

My specs
    Model: late 2013 15-inch retina macbook pro
    Processor: 2.3 GHz Intel Core i7
    Memory: 16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
    Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 750M 2GB
    Storage: 500 GB flash storage

Sometimes yes unfortunately. You're only losing a tiny amount at the top of the screen in windowed mode though.
    apple-signature.png
  • AstriderikaAstriderika Posts: 2 New Member
    Hi,

Everytime I try to open my sims 4 on my mac it crashes on the loading screen, I get an error message about a graphic problem and then my screen freezes. The first time I opened the game after download this wasn't an issue. Please help!

My specs are:

Mac model (mid-2012 13" MacBook Pro)
    Processor (2,5 GHz Intel Core i5)
    Memory (4 GB 1600 MHz DDR3)
    Graphics (Intel HD Graphics 4000 1024 MB)
    Operating System (OS X Yosemite 10.10.2)

Thank you!
    It seems there is indeed an issue with the Intel HD 4000 graphics card. If your Mac has this card (and you're not on a 15" which also has a dedicated GPU), DO NOT change your in-game graphics settings, keep them on the default Low that the game chose.
    apple-signature.png
  • tocool123tocool123 Posts: 7 New Member
    sorry!
    Mac Model: 13-inch, Mid 2012, macbook pro
    Processor: 2.5 GHz Intel Core i5
    Memory: 4 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
    Graphics: Intel HD Graphics 4000 512 MB
    Operating system: OS X 10.8.3 (12D78)
  • stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    Hey @tocool123 -- did you mean to post the specs in your Mac CAS Graphics thread? Anyway, I noticed there's now a separate thread for those with the Intel HD Graphics 4000; you might want to monitor that thread and post there with your graphics issues. Best of luck. B)
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • ceejay402ceejay402 Posts: 24,507 Member
    week-in-review-emma-stone-gifs-ed-sheeran-ellabeereads.gif

so glad weve got the new section and this thread is a sticky, thanks SimGuruBChick!
  • devonmurphydevonmurphy Posts: 27 New Member
    so I was playing the sims 4 on my pc and now I want to play on the mac. so I read that all you need to do is go on your existing origin account and download it. however when I try to go to my games and click on the Sims 4 it says "game only avaliable on windows" what do I do?
  • stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    so I was playing the sims 4 on my pc and now I want to play on the mac. so I read that all you need to do is go on your existing origin account and download it. however when I try to go to my games and click on the Sims 4 it says "game only avaliable on windows" what do I do?

Try logging out and re-logging in; also change the display to show Mac Games only (rather than All Games) and that might help.

Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • Hyperoines64Hyperoines64 Posts: 8 New Member
    I launch my game it works fine until I get into cas then every sim from my created ones to ones I've downloaded off of the gallery are all this skin color and they have an eyeball texture in their mouth's

Mac Specs
    Mac model (mid-2012 13" non-Retina MacBook Pro)
    Processor (2.5 GHz Intel Core i5)
    Memory (4Gb RAM)
    Graphics (Intel HD 4000)
    Operating System (OS X 10.8.5)
  • ec2492ec2492 Posts: 2 New Member
    Hello, I was having the issue with the intel 4000 graphics card and before coming on here and seeing everyone has the same issue as me, i uninstalled the game and deleted the sims 4 folder off my mac completely. Also deleted and reinstalled origin. Now when i go back to download the game it wont download. a message comes up saying "download error. origin was unable to download your game. please check your internet connection or try again later"

the game was able to download just fine before I went and deleted everything - now i wanted to start from scratch so that all my settings would default, since i didnt know moving that options file to my desktop would fix the issue. Any suggestions? :/
  • XalerichXalerich Posts: 8 New Member
    edited February 2015
    For anyone with the Intel HD 4000 I may have a suggestion that prevents your game from crashing. My Intel HD card specifically has 1,024 MB. When I first launched the game there was no problem whatsoever, but the problem did start after I transferred my bootcamp saves to OS X. The game would have glitched graphics and would essentially crash my system and/or the game. I uninstalled and reinstalled but I was careful as to which transfers I switched into the mac portion.

Specifically looking at the folder named "saves" within the Sims 4 folder are two folders and one save file which should be named something like "Slot_00000001.save" When transferring my saves I didn't just replace/merge the folder/files, I went inside the folder of saves that I wanted from my bootcamp portion, selected all the save files (do not transfer/replace the two folders "Scratch" and "SerialGUID" or the file "Slot_00000001.save") take the rest of the files and move them to your mac "Saves" folder.

This solved my crashing problems and i'm now able to change my graphics settings, and I even have my saved games! What I'm thinking is that some windows files from my bootcamp portion were corrupting and tampering with the Sims 4 on my mac portion thus making it crash constantly. I should also mention that I tried transferring the "Tray" folder and the "SavedSimInfoData" folder on my first install, but I didn't on the second installation (I would recommend not transferring those folders). I also unchecked laptop mode, even on my bootcamp portion this mode was kind of weird for me but it may help you. If anyone needs any further help I will do my best to help everyone I can, I know this may all seem confusing through text but if it can get us HD 4000 people playing before we wait for a possible patch it's all worth it!

Good Luck!

Just as a post note, all the folders and files I'm referring to should be located in Documents/Electronic Arts/The Sims 4
  • AudreythedancerAudreythedancer Posts: 10 New Member
    So I'm trying to download the game via Origin and I keep getting a message that says: "Download Error. We're sorry, Origin was unable to download your game. Please check your connection, or try again later." But my connection is fine and it has been later.

Mac Specs
    Mac Model: MacBook Pro 2014 13.3 retina
    Processor: 2.5 GHz Intel Core i5
    Memory: 4 GB Rm
    Graphics: Intel HD 4000
  • eightsixteendeightsixteend Posts: 62 Member
    They are having issues with Origin. They are in the process of trying to fix it. It will probably be up and running again tomorrow.
  • WeasieLouWeasieLou Posts: 111 Member
    I wasn't going to buy TS4 immediately, because I wanted to wait and see if Mac users had lots of issues. But then Origin put it on sale for $20 off today and I couldn't resist.

With TS3, my computer started crashing big time by the time Seasons came out. I had to uninstall WA, in order to play Seasons. And I didn't even try to buy or play any other EPs after Seasons.

I have an OLD iMac, and am using Mavericks OSX 10.9.5 with 2.93 GHz Intel Core2 Duo, 8GB 1067 MHz DDR3, and NVIDIA GeForce GT 120 256MB, PLUS when I started up the game I got a screen note from Maxis that my video card wasn't good enough and if I wanted to continue playing, I would probably have graphics problems.

Knowing this, and having read some of Bluebellflora's suggestions, I didn't play in full screen mode and set my graphics to low. I have a large screen computer, so windowed mode is still pretty large.

Much to my surprise, I have been playing for several hours and have had no problems with ANYTHING!!! I built a house, created two Sims and played them for several "Sim" days.
  • southaltansouthaltan Posts: 152 Member
    I purchased both the sims 4 and outdoor retreat and when I opened the game tonight it said that there was an error and some stuff may not be there..
    Xalerich wrote: »
    For anyone with the Intel HD 4000 I may have a suggestion that prevents your game from crashing. My Intel HD card specifically has 1,024 MB. When I first launched the game there was no problem whatsoever, but the problem did start after I transferred my bootcamp saves to OS X. The game would have glitched graphics and would essentially crash my system and/or the game. I uninstalled and reinstalled but I was careful as to which transfers I switched into the mac portion.

Specifically looking at the folder named "saves" within the Sims 4 folder are two folders and one save file which should be named something like "Slot_00000001.save" When transferring my saves I didn't just replace/merge the folder/files, I went inside the folder of saves that I wanted from my bootcamp portion, selected all the save files (do not transfer/replace the two folders "Scratch" and "SerialGUID" or the file "Slot_00000001.save") take the rest of the files and move them to your mac "Saves" folder.

This solved my crashing problems and i'm now able to change my graphics settings, and I even have my saved games! What I'm thinking is that some windows files from my bootcamp portion were corrupting and tampering with the Sims 4 on my mac portion thus making it crash constantly. I should also mention that I tried transferring the "Tray" folder and the "SavedSimInfoData" folder on my first install, but I didn't on the second installation (I would recommend not transferring those folders). I also unchecked laptop mode, even on my bootcamp portion this mode was kind of weird for me but it may help you. If anyone needs any further help I will do my best to help everyone I can, I know this may all seem confusing through text but if it can get us HD 4000 people playing before we wait for a possible patch it's all worth it!

Good Luck!

Just as a post note, all the folders and files I'm referring to should be located in Documents/Electronic Arts/The Sims 4

It's happening to people who didn't have any previous Windows installations too but that's really helpful info :)
    apple-signature.png
  • AstriderikaAstriderika Posts: 2 New Member
    @bluebellFlora Ok, I changed my graphic settings the first time I played and after that I've tried to start the game but it just crashes, is there any way to clear these settings back to the default??

Please help! Thank you <3
  • LilleyDoeLilleyDoe Posts: 3 New Member
    Hey hey hey, game randomly crashes all the time, sometimes in CAS sometimes in gameplay and comes up with the error:

"Crashed Thread: 18

Exception Type: EXC_BAD_ACCESS (SIGSEGV)
    Exception Codes: KERN_INVALID_ADDRESS at 0x0000000120332000"

Running on a 13" Late-2014 MacBook Pro with Retina
    2.8 GHz Intel Core i5 Processor
    8GB 1600 MHz DDR3 RAM
    Iris 1536MB graphics
    Yosemite 10.10.2

Have McAfee, and I guess running DropBox in the background but nothing being uploaded to it for at least 12 hours, and Origin? I suppose? Always try to not run anything that may interfere.

(No game packs or DLC)

Cheeeeers
    @bluebellFlora Ok, I changed my graphic settings the first time I played and after that I've tried to start the game but it just crashes, is there any way to clear these settings back to the default??

Please help! Thank you

Yes, if you read the opening post I've written a work around until EA fix it:
    Some users with the integrated Intel HD 4000 graphics card are reporting issues in CAS. If people with this card could post about how their game is running that would be great. If you have this card DO NOT up your graphical settings from the default Low setting. If you have already upped your settings and the game has gone haywire, go into Documents > Electronic Arts > The Sims 4 and move your Options.ini file onto your desktop. Your game will recreate a new one.
    apple-signature.png
    @LilleyDoe Please can you close Dropbox and McAfee
    apple-signature.png
  • LilleyDoeLilleyDoe Posts: 3 New Member
    > @BluebellFlora said:
    > LilleyDoe Please can you close Dropbox and McAfee

Closed em, just tried again and it crashed about 19 minutes in
  • DennisAlexis84DennisAlexis84 Posts: 79 Member
    Does anyone know where I can find all the specs for my iMac so that I can post it here? :) Is there a certain commando for that?
    LilleyDoe wrote: »
    > @BluebellFlora said:
    > LilleyDoe Please can you close Dropbox and McAfee

Closed em, just tried again and it crashed about 19 minutes in

Was that longer than before? Try turning off memories too (I'm not in front of my Mac so don't know exactly what they're called). Also play offline and see if that helps.
    apple-signature.png
    BimboBoy84 wrote: »
    Does anyone know where I can find all the specs for my iMac so that I can post it here? :) Is there a certain commando for that?

Click on the Apple logo, top right corner of your desktop and then go to About This Mac. I'll edit the OP with instructions :)

apple-signature.png