Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Macbook Air?

So I'm a new simmer and relatively clueless when it comes to tech specs. Judging by my Macbook Air's current tech specs, do you guys think I will be able to run TS4? I tried playing TS3 on this computer but it was constantly crashing, so I'm a little worried. :[

Macbook Air (Mid 2013)
OS X Yosemite Version 10.10.2
Processor: 1.3 GHz Intel Core i5
Memory: 4 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
Graphics: Intel HD Graphics 5000 1536 MB

251 GB Flash Storage, 137.48 GB free of 249.78 GB

Thank you so much to anyone who can help! ♡

Comments

• Options
    MasonGamerMasonGamer Posts: 8,851 Member
    These are the minimum Macintosh System Requirements for The Sims 4
    MINIMUM OS: Mac OS® X 10.7.5 (Lion) CPU: Intel Core 2 Duo 2.4GHz Processor or better
    RAM: At least 4 GB RAM
    HARD DRIVE: At least 10 GB of free space with at least 1 GB additional space for custom content and saved games
    VIDEO: NVIDIA GeForce 9600M GT, ATI Radeon HD 2600 Pro or better. Video RAM of 256MB or better
    INPUT: Keyboard and Mouse
    ONLINE REQUIREMENTS: Internet connection required for product activation.

for you it looks like it may lag a little and possible crash.
    Realm of Magic:

My Mood:

tumblr_nlbf3b0Jyb1qkheaxo5_250.gif
  • Options
    Ainsley xoAinsley xo Posts: 8 New Member
    edited February 2015
    Thanks so much! So would I need to get a new processor? Or would I need to get a whole new macbook? Sorry, I'm embarrassingly clueless. :s
  • Options
    CodySimsteinCodySimstein Posts: 1,466 Member
    Ainsley xo wrote: »
    Thanks so much! So would I need to get a new processor? Or would I need to get a whole new macbook? Sorry, I'm embarrassingly clueless. :s

Hello,

You could probably play the game at medium settings, or perhaps high settings. As the Mac version has not been released yet, we cannot say for definite about the performance however.

You cannot upgrade a processor in a Macbook, so if you didn't get the performance you were looking for (or if the game does not run) you would need to buy a new Mac or PC. But I think you should be able to play the game (emphasis on the should).

I hope this helps and keep simming,

Cody
    Member of the Tech Responders team.

Ask me about custom-built PCs!

Need to upgrade? - $400 for high settings in Sims 4 --> http://pcpartpicker.com/p/LtphdC
  • Options
    Ainsley xoAinsley xo Posts: 8 New Member
    Thanks so much! I guess I'll wait a bit after it comes out to see if anyone tests it out on a Mac with similar specs to mine to see how it would run.