Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Sims 4 Mac Requirements thoughts?

124...Next

Comments

• stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    MasonGamer wrote: »
    Simsocity wrote: »
    I'm just excited to be able to finally play the game! :)

Me too, I'm ready to update my Profile pic

I'll likely update mine once the Mac version is released -- until I decide which Sim to use I might just find a Happy Mac to use:

8edNXtiOWquvd43gaDFsdRWgo1_250.jpg

or maybe good old Finder icon:

finder_logo.png

Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • PixelSmilePixelSmile Posts: 471 Member
    edited February 2015
    I cannot wait!! I've always been a pc simmer until i got my macbook last year. Can't wait to play sims 4 on it!!! The wait is almost over I am SO EXCITED :D I don't know if I'm keen on having to buy a digital copy of the sims 4 though, I always prefer physical discs.
    logo_studio-ghibli.jpg
  • MasonGamerMasonGamer Posts: 8,851 Member
    PixelSmile wrote: »
    I cannot wait!! I've always been a pc simmer until i got my macbook last year. Can't wait to play sims 4 on it!!! The wait is almost over I am SO EXCITED :D I don't know if I'm keen on having to buy a digital copy of the sims 4 though, I always prefer physical discs.

You can it's just more work with the physical copy.

Buy it
    activate it
    download mac version

or

buy mac version via origin.

I want the Premium Edition So going to buy the hardcopy.
    Realm of Magic:

My Mood:

tumblr_nlbf3b0Jyb1qkheaxo5_250.gif
  • SailorgreenylizSailorgreenyliz Posts: 107 Member
    edited February 2015
    I bought the Digital Deluxe edition of TS4 on Origin. All I have to do on the 17th is download and install.
    Post edited by Sailorgreenyliz on
    Origin ID - Sailorgreenyliz
    - Sims 4 Legacy The Green Legacy
  • SimsocitySimsocity Posts: 224 Member
    Ya! We have 2 weeks until the game is released for us; set the countdown timers now! :)
  • littlelollielittlelollie Posts: 2 New Member
    Could someone please let me know if I'll be ok to run TS4 with Intel Iris 1536MB integrated graphics? :)
  • Simfan923Simfan923 Posts: 5,551 Member
    Could someone please let me know if I'll be ok to run TS4 with Intel Iris 1536MB integrated graphics? :)

That depends. What are the rest of your specs?

1FKDfKj.png
  • littlelollielittlelollie Posts: 2 New Member
    2.4 GHz Intel core i5 processor and 8GB 1600MHz RAM.
    My model is a MBP retina late 2013
  • stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    2.4 GHz Intel core i5 processor and 8GB 1600MHz RAM.
    My model is a MBP retina late 2013

Gut instincts are saying yes; I think Windows laptops with integrated graphics have been able to run Sims 4 in laptop mode (they had to do the patch to correct glitches that caused "demon babies" that looked like monsters). You might want to go to the Technical Discussions forum and search for "laptop mode" topics to see if they have any good comments.
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • Leprekon666Leprekon666 Posts: 2 New Member
    can someone tell me if i can play with my mac. I can play SimCity on here and the only thing i know is different is GeForce 9400 i have and it requires GeForce 9600. My wife really wants to play this but I don't want to pay if it won't work

Processor 2.66 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo
    Memory 4 GB 1067 MHz DDR3
    Graphics NVIDIA GeForce 9400 256 MB
  • sunshineandsimoleonssunshineandsimoleons Posts: 8,413 Member
    can someone tell me if i can play with my mac. I can play SimCity on here and the only thing i know is different is GeForce 9400 i have and it requires GeForce 9600. My wife really wants to play this but I don't want to pay if it won't work

Processor 2.66 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo
    Memory 4 GB 1067 MHz DDR3
    Graphics NVIDIA GeForce 9400 256 MB

Should be fine. Might not be able to run on ultra settings though
    WLfAA9V.png
  • Leprekon666Leprekon666 Posts: 2 New Member
    > @brookesaywhatx said:
    > Leprekon666 wrote: »
    >
    > can someone tell me if i can play with my mac. I can play SimCity on here and the only thing i know is different is GeForce 9400 i have and it requires GeForce 9600. My wife really wants to play this but I don't want to pay if it won't work
    >
    > Processor 2.66 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo
    > Memory 4 GB 1067 MHz DDR3
    > Graphics NVIDIA GeForce 9400 256 MB
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Should be fine. Might not be able to run on ultra settings though

what you mean as Ultra Settings? like best settings possible?
    Yes, all the highest settings
    WLfAA9V.png
  • Meow_its_DanforthMeow_its_Danforth Posts: 86 Member
    Okay guys sorry if someone has asked about this type of laptop but I would just feel better if you guys think my laptop can successfully run it. I just switched from PC to Mac recently so I'm adjusting to reading the specs better.
    MacBook Air
    Processor 1.4 GHz Intel Core i5
    Memory 4GB 1600 MHz
    Graphics Intel HD graphics 5000
    Thanks Guys!
  • ameyerameyer Posts: 3 New Member
    I'm REALLY hoping I can play with no glitches! The only thing I'm worried about is my graphics card. I'm using an iMac (21.5-inch, Late 2013) with Intel Iris Pro 1536 MB. I NEED to play the game! I've been playing The Sims since the beginning and the fact that they've made us Mac players wait for months for this new installment is driving me crazy! I don't want to get a PC too just to play The Sims, as I've been a dedicated iMac user for 10 years.
  • cale2003cale2003 Posts: 2,802 Member
    ameyer wrote: »
    I'm REALLY hoping I can play with no glitches! The only thing I'm worried about is my graphics card. I'm using an iMac (21.5-inch, Late 2013) with Intel Iris Pro 1536 MB. I NEED to play the game! I've been playing The Sims since the beginning and the fact that they've made us Mac players wait for months for this new installment is driving me crazy! I don't want to get a PC too just to play The Sims, as I've been a dedicated iMac user for 10 years.

Oh for sure maybe just not Ultra with 60fps but I don't think Iris Pro would do too bad
    PC Specs:
    Asus ROG GL753VE-BS71 17.3 inch
    Intel Core i7 7700HQ 2.8-3.8GHz
    16GB DDR4 RAM
    128GB SSD
    1TB 7200RPM HDD
    NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 1050 TI 4GB
    6685561181.png
    Rogers Ignite 70u internet
  • ameyerameyer Posts: 3 New Member
    edited February 2015
    Enlighten me on what "Ultra with 60fps" is. I haven't seen or played the game at all.
  • GBA91101Nver4getGBA91101Nver4get Posts: 4,965 Member
    edited February 2015
    For the specs I'm not worried, the only thing that worries me is the format of the game.

Is the sims 4 being sold on disc too or just digital? All of the reports that I've read is saying that the Mac version of the sims 4 will be digital download only. :( That would suck for me if it was digital download only, since my DSL is kind of slow even though it is high speed internet.
    Nobody does it better, Steve Jobs you simply are the best RIP 10-5-11
  • SimsocitySimsocity Posts: 224 Member
    For the specs I'm not worried, the only thing that worries me is the format of the game.

Is the sims 4 being sold on disc too or just digital? All of the reports that I've read is saying that the Mac version of the sims 4 will be digital download only. :( That would suck for me if it was digital download only, since my DSL is kind of slow even though it is high speed internet.

Oh no, that is a bummer for sure! Hopefully they'll make it both Mac/PC (like SimCity was) and use that for the rest of the games sold. Luckily, I have blazing fast internet, but it is very unfortunate that some aren't too luck (and save way more money than I!) and won't be able to purchase the game.

Hope it is sorted out for you soon! :)

Either way you need the internet to install the game.

I haven't heard of the mac version coming out on disk. I do know the rest of the games will be mac & pc though.
    WLfAA9V.png
  • GBA91101Nver4getGBA91101Nver4get Posts: 4,965 Member

Either way you need the internet to install the game.

I haven't heard of the mac version coming out on disk. I do know the rest of the games will be mac & pc though.

I have the internet and it's considered high speed DSL but when it comes to downloading large files, then it becomes a pain. I can download music from iTunes and other things but my internet just struggles with downloading large files.
    Nobody does it better, Steve Jobs you simply are the best RIP 10-5-11