Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

(Seasons) Guide to Seasonal Lot Markers

14567810...Next

Comments

• columbia93columbia93 Posts: 319 Member
    edited June 2014
    I'm in the process of creating a festival grounds for Dragon Valley - can't understand using the tiny "chess" park for this and for some reason EA has a problem with being able to place festival grounds in the game - and can't seem to get it finished. I've built it 4 times now but it will not "load" when I exit to the town.

In my last attempt, I could get it to that point with only a few items (not placed where I want them) dumped into each season but, when I completed Summer, I got the infinite loading loop and had to close the game through Task Manager.

I don't know if there's a limited number of items you can place - aside from the Food, Photo, Face Ptg & Hot Dog Contest, I've also placed a skating rink, 2 soccer fields, trampoline, water fight, GnubbGnubb, Bucking Bronco, Dance Floor, as well as fireworks, wildflowers, lightning bugs, Monarchs, live tomatoes & basil and a jukebox - give or take! I guess it's possible that something of the above cannot be placed on the lot successfully and was wondering if anyone knows of an object that could create this problem.

My next move is to start from when it still works to adding 1 item at a time - such a bore! - & heading back to town mode. And all because EA has a bug that won't let us add Festival Grounds from the Library!
  • mcruddmcrudd Posts: 11,696 Member
    Official EA Festivals

Download these official EA built festival lots that pair with worlds from The Sims 3 Store. You'll only need to download festivals for store worlds that were released after The Sims 3 Seasons was available. Festivals for all older store worlds come included with The Sims 3 Seasons.

Monte Vista Festival Grounds by SimGuruSemedi

Aurora Skies Festival Lot by SimGuruSmitty

Dragon Valley Festival Lot by SimGuruSmitty

Midnight Hollow Festival by SimGuruSmitty

Roaring Heights Festival Lot by SimGuruCopeland

• MissMinxieMissMinxie Posts: 10 New Member
    Okie so i made a thread cause i didint notice you brought the thread from sims 3 over here, cause i really need to know this!

"Well ive been looking at the guide to make my own festival lot, I got most of the info on how to make one. The thing is i want to have my festival happen one season, not all 4. I've been looking threw threads and stuff trying to see if the season lot maker will work if i make one festival with the lot or will that crash/glitch the game. is that possible or is there something i can do to make it work?"
  • cherid87120cherid87120 Posts: 2,823 Member
    MissMinxie wrote: »
    Okie so i made a thread cause i didint notice you brought the thread from sims 3 over here, cause i really need to know this!

"Well ive been looking at the guide to make my own festival lot, I got most of the info on how to make one. The thing is i want to have my festival happen one season, not all 4. I've been looking threw threads and stuff trying to see if the season lot maker will work if i make one festival with the lot or will that crash/glitch the game. is that possible or is there something i can do to make it work?"
    Can you clarify? You only want your lot to *appear* in one season, or you just want the same lot to appear in all 4 seasons?
    > @cherid87120 said:
    > MissMinxie wrote: »
    >
    > Okie so i made a thread cause i didint notice you brought the thread from sims 3 over here, cause i really need to know this!
    >
    > "Well ive been looking at the guide to make my own festival lot, I got most of the info on how to make one. The thing is i want to have my festival happen one season, not all 4. I've been looking threw threads and stuff trying to see if the season lot maker will work if i make one festival with the lot or will that crash/glitch the game. is that possible or is there something i can do to make it work?"
    >
    >
    >
    > Can you clarify? You only want your lot to *appear* in one season, or you just want the same lot to appear in all 4 seasons?

I want to make festivals that dont happen every sim season, prob once or twice every "sim year" you call it i guess. Kinda make it realistic like in most towns fairs and whatnot...
  • IceyJIceyJ Posts: 4,641 Member
    One way to do this would be to add festival items only to the seasons you want them to appear. You can pick which seasons to edit when using the lot marker.
  • Sid1701D9Sid1701D9 Posts: 4,718 Member
    Yes that will work because any season that don't have any objects will be just treated as a normal park, but you might want have some normal park stuff in there.
    Sid1701d-"I love my life, live my life and live to play, laugh and have fun."

"Love will Fight, Love will Win and Love will Survive."
    Okie cool, i was worried i would break my map/or lot if i did that... thanks :D
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top