Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Running the Sims 4 on Macbook

SharkDOSharkDO Posts: 252 Member
edited February 2015 in Mac - Technical Discussions
Hello everyone, I am going to skip the basic intro and ask this: here are my computer specs (here is the link if you want, it won't let me post it normally because i am new: s u p p o r t . a p p l e . c o m / k b / S P 6 1 9 ? v i e w l o c a l e = e n _ U S (I have 2.3 GHz version):
13-inch Configurations

-Processor 2.3GHz dual-core Intel Core i5
-L3 cache 3MB shared
-Memory 4GB (two 2GB SO-DIMMs) of 1333MHz DDR3 SDRAM; supports up to 8GB
-Slot-loading optical drive 8x SuperDrive (DVD±R DL/DVD±RW/CD-RW)
-Hard drive 320GB Serial ATA; 5400 rpm
Display

13.3-inch (diagonal) LED-backlit glossy widescreen display with support for millions of colors
Supported resolutions: 1280 by 800 (native), 1152 by 720, 1024 by 640, and 800 by 500 pixels at 16:10 aspect ratio; 1024 by 768, 800 by 600, and 640 by 480 pixels at 4:3 aspect ratio; 1024 by 768, 800 by 600, and 640 by 480 pixels at 4:3 aspect ratio stretched; 720 by 480 pixels at 3:2 aspect ratio; 720 by 480 pixels at 3:2 aspect ratio stretched
Graphics and video support

Intel HD Graphics 3000 with 384MB of DDR3 SDRAM shared with main memory5

Native Mini DisplayPort output
DVI output using Mini DisplayPort to DVI Adapter (optional)
VGA output using Mini DisplayPort to VGA Adapter (optional)
Dual-link DVI output using Mini DisplayPort to Dual-Link DVI Adapter supports 30-inch Apple Cinema HD Display (optional)
HDMI audio and video output using a third-party Mini DisplayPort to HDMI Adapter
Input

Full-size backlit keyboard with 78 (U.S.) or 79 (ISO) keys, including 12 function keys and 4 arrow keys (inverted “T” arrangement)
Multi-Touch trackpad for precise cursor control; supports inertial scrolling, pinch, rotate, swipe, three-finger swipe, four-finger swipe, tap, double-tap, and drag capabilities
Processor and memory

2.3GHz dual-core Intel Core i5 processor with 3MB shared L3 cache or 2.7GHz dual-core Intel Core i7 processor with 4MB shared L3 cache
4GB (two 2GB SO-DIMMs) of 1333MHz DDR3 memory; two SO-DIMM slots support up to 8GB
Storage

320GB or 500GB 5400-rpm Serial ATA hard drive; optional 500GB 5400-rpm hard drive or 128GB, 256GB, or 512GB solid-state drive6
8x slot-loading SuperDrive (DVD±R DL/DVD±RW/CD-RW)
Maximum write: 8x DVD-R, DVD+R; 4x DVD-R DL (double layer), DVD+R DL (double layer), DVD-RW, DVD+RW; 24x CD-R; 10x CD-RW
Maximum read: 8x DVD-R, DVD+R, DVD-ROM; 6x DVD-ROM (double layer DVD-9), DVD-R DL (double layer), DVD+R DL (double layer), DVD-RW, DVD+RW; 24x CD
Battery and power7

Up to 7 hrs wireless web
Built-in 63.5-watt-hour lithium-polymer battery
60W MagSafe Power Adapter with cable management system
MagSafe power port

Could I run TS4? If not, is there anything I can do to make my Mac run it (NOT including buying a new computer haha)?
Thanks in advance,
SharkDO
"I'm a Simmer, not a gamer. I feel like my frustration with the game and the reason I don't "get it" is more about a disconnection and confusion with the vision...I'm worried about the future of the franchise."

Comments

• SharkDOSharkDO Posts: 252 Member
    s u p p o r t . a p p l e . c o m / k b / S P 6 1 9 ? v i e w l o c a l e = e n _ U S
    "I'm a Simmer, not a gamer. I feel like my frustration with the game and the reason I don't "get it" is more about a disconnection and confusion with the vision...I'm worried about the future of the franchise."
  • colton147colton147 Posts: 9,663 Member
    You can always buy a new computer.

Your Mac should be able to run on high settings, according to another Mac thread who has Intel HD and say they are able to run on high settings. :)
    > @colton147 said:
    > You can always buy a new computer.
    >
    > Your Mac should be able to run on high settings, according to another Mac thread who has Intel HD and say they are able to run on high settings.

Sorry I am totally not a computer person, is that a yes?
  • colton147colton147 Posts: 9,663 Member
    Yes.
    > @colton147 said:
    > Yes.

Thank you so much (and for the quick reply)! Can't wait to finally start my Sims journey in the next generation of The Sims!
  • SimsocitySimsocity Posts: 224 Member
    You will be able to play your game fine. Now, if you're wanting to put a lot of EPs/SPs, then you'll need to think about upgrading but it should be fine at the moment. :)
    edited February 2015
    > @Simsocity said:
    > You will be able to play your game fine. Now, if you're wanting to put a lot of EPs/SPs, then you'll need to think about upgrading but it should be fine at the moment. :)

Again, thanks so much, cannot wait to play :)!
  • SimsocitySimsocity Posts: 224 Member
    > @SharkDO said:
    > Again, thanks so much, cannot wait to play :)!

Same here, I am excited to finally be able to play a native game on my iMac!