Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

CURRENT DD (DAILY DEAL) ROTATION & SALES HELP: STARTED SEPTEMBER 22ND

Comments

• ajaxpostajaxpost Posts: 4,200 Member
    Hi I am new to the forums and Daily Deals (I am very late to the party). I saw someone say that this is the last DD rotation. Does that mean there won't be any more DD's ever? Thanks in advance.
    Hi, and welcome! :)

What we have here, we were led to understand, is the last ever DD list. Only the deals you see listed on the front page of this thread and in the spreadsheet will now appear in the DD cycle.

The list does repeat, and in fact is already on it's first repeat so we can use the Awesome DD Schedule Calculating spreadsheet (see the very first post) to tell us exactly (well, as exactly as any automated EA system can ever be!) when each deal will appear.

The only chance of seeing anything else discounted is in the weekly sales. It is possible that there will be another big deep discount super sale, but recent history suggests that is rather unlikely.

Anyway, with help from the good people here, the very kind and generous gifters you should be able to pick up most, if not everything, you need/want without paying full price for anything unnecessarily :)

Good luck on your deal hunt! :)
  • MANDEEx88MANDEEx88 Posts: 163 Member
    ajaxpost wrote: »
    Hi I am new to the forums and Daily Deals (I am very late to the party). I saw someone say that this is the last DD rotation. Does that mean there won't be any more DD's ever? Thanks in advance.
    Hi, and welcome! :)

What we have here, we were led to understand, is the last ever DD list. Only the deals you see listed on the front page of this thread and in the spreadsheet will now appear in the DD cycle.

The list does repeat, and in fact is already on it's first repeat so we can use the Awesome DD Schedule Calculating spreadsheet (see the very first post) to tell us exactly (well, as exactly as any automated EA system can ever be!) when each deal will appear.

The only chance of seeing anything else discounted is in the weekly sales. It is possible that there will be another big deep discount super sale, but recent history suggests that is rather unlikely.

Anyway, with help from the good people here, the very kind and generous gifters you should be able to pick up most, if not everything, you need/want without paying full price for anything unnecessarily :)

Good luck on your deal hunt! :)

Where can I find the spreadsheet for the current list and is it already repeating? I haven't been here in awhile.

Thanks!
  • wittanthony1wittanthony1 Posts: 1,929 Member
    edited December 2014
    Aleta wrote: »
    Just wanted to say here too thank you to the generous simmers who helped me with Faire Folk Attire. That help me get a green download button for the set when it showed up this morning on the dd. That also helped bring Faire Folk Attire + Furnishings to 70% owned which should be free when it shows up a long time from now. Make A Wish won't be free when it shows up but should be around 300-500 points.

I almost thought I might miss getting the Attire set this morning when I went to bed last night, but realized I couldn't sleep last night because of pain in my upper left chest. :( Really wish this pain would go away and stay away.

Merry christmas everybody. Also winter solstice for people in the northern hemisphere and summer solstice in the southern.

Hi, I've got a question about you're signature: "to own the store or 83729 simpoints". Where does that number come from? I think I will own the store - everything that is still possible to purchase - somewhere about that point count. But when I do, I will have bought most things around half price, and that is taking some time to achieve. Is the whole store available for that point amount somewhere? The whole store should be at least 120 000 points?

I've got that price by making a list of everything I don't own yet and adding up the price for the worlds I'm missing, the CYS price for sets and compilations, venues, and all the single items.

2 Standard + 1 gold worlds = 8400
    12 total compilations = 14530
    29 total sets = 31930
    10 venues = 17169
    157 single items = 11600

Opps, looks my math is off by 100.
  • Me1620Me1620 Posts: 4,994 Member
    Hi Mandee! Good to see you.

The DD spreadsheet is here. The list started repeating Dec. 13th. The current deal is # 99 Mid Century Modern Kitchen Marvels.
    a.k.a. - Jodi and a link to My Page on the Sims 3 website

To help you organize your stalking of the Daily Deal, please join us on the Daily Deal Rotation and Sales Help thread and please view the DD Spreadsheet
  • AletaAleta Posts: 119 Member
    edited December 2014
    I've got that price by making a list of everything I don't own yet and adding up the price for the worlds I'm missing, the CYS price for sets and compilations, venues, and all the single items.

2 Standard + 1 gold worlds = 8400
    12 total compilations = 14530
    29 total sets = 31930
    10 venues = 17169
    157 single items = 11600

Opps, looks my math is off by 100.

OK then, you are also referring to a discounted amount for owning the store, and I'm not missing anything. :)

Edit: No, I misunderstood. You are referring to what you have left to get, and not what the whole store costs. Sorry! :)
  • Pugslover4Pugslover4 Posts: 2,849 Member
    edited December 2014
    Yahoo, after Serinty I will be getting the Vase cuz last time I fell asleep. :D sorry for not being on for awhile. Been a quiet day. I am making plastic canvas blocks for my great niece. Plus downside...little headache. Been to sleepy, but help few people with a CYS with a 25 simpoints. Cause its Christmas coming up soon and thought to help is give them complete their sets. Plus, still waiting for grandpa grove. I am trying to get more points to get them. I got over 800 simpoints, and want to keep bringing up. Don't worry I can still help out our fellow simmers! :D
    Edit: had to correct spelling.
    9cac0e69-be99-4238-b1c8-e9ef2f5d7718_zps38d42068.jpg
    I owned the store! Yahoo!
  • notthecarnotthecar Posts: 262 Member
    edited December 2014
    5th Avenue fashions is mine!! got several more pieces in today's MMAO and that got the cost to 55 points at 62% so i bought. looks like somewhere between 63-67% tips the green button during the sale. Now to wait for Country Livin since it will be cheap.
    1 Featured Look, 1 Complications and 1 Venue to go.

MMAO thinks I own the store! Saving my way to Midnight Hollow Gold until EA makes The Golden Ticket Shop buyable.
  • RadleeRadlee Posts: 483 Member
    notthecar wrote: »
    5th Avenue fashions is mine!! got several more pieces in today's MMAO and that got the cost to 55 points at 62% so i bought. looks like somewhere between 63-67% tips the green button during the sale. Now to wait for Country Livin since it will be cheap.

thank you for this info! MMAO was not kind to me today, but maybe it will be tomorrow. I've got 5th Avenue up to 40%, so it's down to 425 on sale. congratulations on getting it!
  • BookNerd26BookNerd26 Posts: 541 Member
    Can anybody help me out im trying to figure out if the Collectionne Stäncké Set is on the daily deal and what number i might find it out so i can figure out how much it would cost me thanks =D Merry Christmas
  • calentscalents Posts: 245 Member
    edited December 2014
    > @BookNerd26 said:
    > Can anybody help me out im trying to figure out if the Collectionne Stäncké Set is on the daily deal and what number i might find it out so i can figure out how much it would cost me thanks =D Merry Christmas

Collectionne Stäncké is not on the DD list unfortunately. To find out what sets are on the DD list, you can use the tab at the bottom of the sheet entitled "Sets on DD." This tab alphabetically lists the ones available on this rotation with the number in column A corresponding to its spot on the list. Hope that helps!
    Now a member of the Own the Store Club! Thank you to everyone who helped!
    Thank you calents I was wondering why I couldnt find it thanks for the help again
  • BlazonReaper24BlazonReaper24 Posts: 269 Member
    Whew! Thank goodness you cleared that up for me @ajaxpost. I was getting really worried. I have never really had money to spend on store content and just focused on getting expansion packs. Then, the simpoint ads increased and I figured out about DD and CYS. I see all this cool stuff from the store that I'd like to have so I've been stalking the store pages. I'm not really sure how the gifting threads work. I don't want to be an annoying or anything considering I now have all this stuff I want. But thank you again so much for the information!
    One more question is Waning Moon in the dd rotation?
    > @BookNerd26 said:
    > One more question is Waning Moon in the dd rotation?
    Hi, I was just skimming through the list and it is. That means it should pop up again if I understood ajaxpost. I think listing 236 is supposed to be when its cheapest so be on the look out the next couple of days.
    thanks for the help i thought i missed it when looking on the list =D
    I usually just hit ctrl+F when I'm on my laptop and looking for specific things. ^_^
  • PixieydustPixieydust Posts: 705 Member
    Just wanted to say hello to everyone!! I was stalking the spreadsheet and see on Christmas Day the Go All In Compilation is going to be up and it is going to be free for me!! I am truly excited! I had wittled it down to 1900 something points, but used the calculator and it figured it for me!! I will be getting the arcade, so I took that off my list!!

Also wanted to wish you all a Merry Happy Yule for those who celebrate!! Here is the outside of a holiday card I made for my aunt and cousin.

IMG_20141221_105125.jpg

And also the inside!!
    IMG_20141221_105249.jpg
  • kellycot1kellycot1 Posts: 2,226 Member
    @Pixieydust, thanks for your support! I might give that object a break and play with other ones that might be more successful ─ I just unhid three of the ITF decorative parking spaces for the World Editor and BuyDebug, so now I can replace those big parking lots at Sims University with something more futuristic for Lunar Lakes. As far as I know, that bouquet is just being stubborn! The other objects might be nicer. :p

@bcsmas, thank you! :)
    Aleta wrote: »
    kellycot1 wrote: »
    I was actually quite surprised by just how much is hidden! A lot of the items are silly little things that I presume appear and disappear for animations (lollipops, beakers, the magician's magic wand), but there are some surprises in there. It's a lot easier to scroll through everything using S3OC, because it has little thumbnails that pop up for the OBJD resources.
    I've been silently following your quest, trying to understand what you're doing. Are there a lot of hidden objects, that you can unlock, inside the game? The only thing I've "unlocked" is the Black Dragon, and as I understand it you can unlock stage props if you have a sim that you send to another player via the Simport. But you're saying there is a lot of hidden objects there, under the surface?
    There definitely are a lot of hidden objects, but I wouldn't say they're all useful ─ at least not to everyone. As I've already shown, there's a bouquet of flowers in Generations that looks perfectly pretty and suitable in-game, and I've just unlocked three sets of hidden decorative parking spaces with hover cars from ITF for customising a futuristic world (for me, Lunar Lakes).

There are a few big, rather significant items that you can unlock (that boggle my mind that they're hidden, like the smaller Showtime stage), but I would say most are the little props that go with animations. Certainly, unlocking a baby bottle, science lab beaker or lollipop might be useful as clutter. That said, I don't know how those objects would work ─ maybe they'd work just as decor, or maybe they're tied to the animation (so the baby bottle might be a working baby bottle, although that doesn't seem likely).

I don't really know what I'm doing yet with that side of things, but there is plenty there that could be useful to you. In fact, you just reminded me that I never came across the Showtime items that are unlockable through SimPort! So, even more out there to track down.

It was an exhausting effort, but I really enjoyed going through all of the objects to see what might be useful! I made little notes, too, so that I can go back and, I hope, find the things I'm after even easier next time. :)
    a.k.a. Erin
    Check out The Simdex—my PDF guide to all of the Sims 3 Store content (last updated September 2015)
    Hi @Nonsequitorian, I don't know if anyone has answered your question yet. I don't personally have it, but as I understand it the gold edition includes the toy shop lot with the machine.
    Wow, @Pixieydust, that card is incredible! I know you can draw ─ but WOW! It puts my stick figures to shame. I especially love your sassy snowman! :)
    a.k.a. Erin
    Check out The Simdex—my PDF guide to all of the Sims 3 Store content (last updated September 2015)
    Question for all of you who have Midnight Hollow Gold. Does that come with a Toy Shop lot, or just the Toy Machine and some building elements for you to build your own lot?
    Just wanted to confirm that yes, Midnight Hollow Gold does come with the actual Toy Shop lot (40x40 in size), the Toy Machine and the Build/Buy items that you can see on the Items page, as well as the items made by the Toy Machine that can be found in BuyDebug.

If you're interested in the lot or those Build/Buy items, I very strongly recommend you buy Midnight Hollow Gold. At this stage, the Toy Shop isn't available separately and may never be. That said, you can still buy the Toy Machine separately, if you were to only buy Midnight Hollow Standard.
    a.k.a. Erin
    calents wrote: »
    > @BookNerd26 said:
    > Can anybody help me out im trying to figure out if the Collectionne Stäncké Set is on the daily deal and what number i might find it out so i can figure out how much it would cost me thanks =D Merry Christmas

Collectionne Stäncké is not on the DD list unfortunately. To find out what sets are on the DD list, you can use the tab at the bottom of the sheet entitled "Sets on DD." This tab alphabetically lists the ones available on this rotation with the number in column A corresponding to its spot on the list. Hope that helps!

In addition to the info from calents, while Collectionne Stäncké is not on the list, two of its items are offered.

82 ) Ruby 3000 / 58 / 81 / 28%
    440 ) Modernism Window / 59 / 110 / 46%

Ruby 3000 recently went by and the window will not be up until January 19th. Information about items that are parts of sets can be found on the "Sort by Parts of Set" sheet. This sheet is sorted alphabetically by set or compilation.

To help you organize your stalking of the Daily Deal, please join us on the Daily Deal Rotation and Sales Help thread and please view the DD Spreadsheet
    .... I see all this cool stuff from the store that I'd like to have so I've been stalking the store pages. I'm not really sure how the gifting threads work. I don't want to be an annoying or anything considering I now have all this stuff I want. But thank you again so much for the information!

You are not annoying for posting on the Complete A Set thread or other threads like it. So many of us own the store, but are still collecting the bonus ad points. We enjoy helping others wittle their wishlists down and hearing that the CYS discount kicked in and the green download button appeared. The Gift Gathering -Thank Yous & Gifting section of the forum will also include lotteries or contest that you may wish to enter.

I just checked out your wishlist. You should add individual items from the sets that you would like to complete.

Me1620 wrote: »
    calents wrote: »
    > @BookNerd26 said:

In addition to the info from calents, while Collectionne Stäncké is not on the list, two of its items are offered.

82 ) Ruby 3000 / 58 / 81 / 28%
    440 ) Modernism Window / 59 / 110 / 46%

Ruby 3000 recently went by and the window will not be up until January 19th. Information about items that are parts of sets can be found on the "Sort by Parts of Set" sheet. This sheet is sorted alphabetically by set or compilation.
    Thanks me1620 for the info :D I'll have to keep my eye out for the window
  • IrishSimsloverIrishSimslover Posts: 715 Member
    edited December 2014
    Omg, I didn't know we were in rotation! *does happy dance*! Come on Bakery! Come to Mama!

(Whoops... Now I saw the update stating we were in rotation lol) Anyone know if the Bakery went fast during the times it came up?
    tumblr_inline_ml9leeQUvj1qz4rgp.jpg
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top