Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Can't show off baby anymore?

It worked fine the first few days I had the game and now all of a sudden it won't work. This was before I added custom content.. Anyone else with this problem or with a solution?

Comments

• MsPhyMsPhy Posts: 5,055 Member
    I've never been able to get it to work, honestly, and I have no cc. :-/
  • MrsLBSandersMrsLBSanders Posts: 73 Member
    The baby basinet needs a LOT of room for the action to work. The parent stands in front of the basinet and the other sim stands behind it so if the basinet is up against a wall it won't work. If there is room in the parents bedroom try turning it sideways at the foot of the bed. Or put it in the middle of the floor in a room with lots of space. This really should be tweaked - makes no sense to me.
  • MsPhyMsPhy Posts: 5,055 Member
    The baby basinet needs a LOT of room for the action to work. The parent stands in front of the basinet and the other sim stands behind it so if the basinet is up against a wall it won't work. If there is room in the parents bedroom try turning it sideways at the foot of the bed. Or put it in the middle of the floor in a room with lots of space. This really should be tweaked - makes no sense to me.

Well that explains why it's never worked for me. I've always had the head of the bassinet against the wall.
  • CaroliineeCaroliinee Posts: 15 Member
    > @MrsLBSanders said:
    > The baby basinet needs a LOT of room for the action to work. The parent stands in front of the basinet and the other sim stands behind it so if the basinet is up against a wall it won't work. If there is room in the parents bedroom try turning it sideways at the foot of the bed. Or put it in the middle of the floor in a room with lots of space. This really should be tweaked - makes no sense to me.
    Oh my god, thanks!
  • AnnLee87AnnLee87 Posts: 2,475 Member
    edited December 2014
    Thanks ... this has been bugging me that the interaction did not work. I always wondered if the people you show your baby off to end up showing up in the baby's relationship panel when they age up. Anyone know?
  • MrsLBSandersMrsLBSanders Posts: 73 Member
    One of my sims lived in a very small apartment but I thought I had plenty of room for the bassinet against the wall in the baby's room. When the baby was born it was not in the bassinet I chose. I looked all over the house because I kept getting alerts that the baby was uncomfortable. I zoomed out - the game had placed a bassinet OUTSIDE in the backyard!!!