Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Can't select, move or delete Baby Bed

Can't select, move or delete Baby Bed (as well as some plants near walls) in Build Mode. The baby beds are working with interactions, etc. but when the child ages up they are not even selectable. This is since the pool update, and without any mods in the game. I reinstalled with a completely default game, and the baby bassinet is still bugged. In order to get rid of it, I have to either move my sims to a new house and sell all the furniture, or delete the entire floor of the room. When I try to use the sledge hammer, the error message says "Nothing to delete" or "Nothing to change" and yet, I cannot place another object in that space.
This I do for the fun of it.
  • My Sims 4 Blog with Custom Content and Commentary is at Celynoir
  • Get my Custom Content at The Sims 4 Noir and Mod the Sims.
  • More downloads, houses and Sims, are available in the Gallery, under Naydi33.

Comments

• NaydiNaydi Posts: 387 Member
    SelenaGrey wrote: »
    You uninstalled and then reinstalled and your game is still bugged? How can that be?

Yes, a complete clean reinstall.

At this point I am thinking it must be something to do with how I use my mouse....I can't think of anything else. I am also afraid for my Sims to have babies...I don't want to have to delete an entire house to get rid of bassinets blocking the fridge or the front door because they can't be moved. I am going to have to build a permanent nursery in future builds, I guess....

• JonalinJonalin Posts: 1,708 Member
    Naydi wrote: »
    You uninstalled and then reinstalled and your game is still bugged? How can that be?

At this point I am thinking it must be something to do with how I use my mouse....I can't think of anything else. I am also afraid for my Sims to have babies...I don't want to have to delete an entire house to get rid of bassinets blocking the fridge or the front door because they can't be moved. I am going to have to build a permanent nursery in future builds, I guess....

Have you tried reset object?

Tday3_zps00758527.png
    Jonalin wrote: »

Tday3_zps00758527.png

Yes. It doesn't do anything. I have noticed that this problem only exists on my Windows 8.1 machine. It is fine on the Windows 7 machine (which has issues of its own)

Tday3_zps00758527.png

Yes. It doesn't do anything. I have noticed that this problem only exists on my Windows 8.1 machine. It is fine on the Windows 7 machine (which has issues of its own)

I'm running win 8.1 and the game plays fine. Why do you think it might be your mouse? Doesn't your mouse work ok with the rest of the game?

Tday3_zps00758527.png

I'm running win 8.1 and the game plays fine. Why do you think it might be your mouse? Doesn't your mouse work ok with the rest of the game?

It's the only thing I can think of...a plain vanilla newly installed game that used to work, all of a sudden does not work. I can only assume that I have suddenly forgotten how to select objects....if you can think of another variable, please let me know.

Tday3_zps00758527.png

It's the only thing I can think of...a plain vanilla newly installed game that used to work, all of a sudden does not work. I can only assume that I have suddenly forgotten how to select objects....if you can think of another variable, please let me know.

A freshly installed new game should work, so I really don't have any idea on what could be causing this issue. I would try "repair game" through Origin and then maybe post on the EA bug forum. http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4-Bug-Reports/bd-p/The-Sims-4-Bugs
  • TerrylinTerrylin Posts: 4,846 Member
    The only other things are; do you have any mods? Is this a premade house or downloaded from the gallery? If downloaded the builder could have used the MOO mod. When you reinstalled did you use your old save file or start a new game? Have you tried it in multiple families?

Sorry but these haven't been asked yet.
    This occurs in all houses and even on vacant lots. I tested it out with a fresh install...no mods, no CC, using the first sim that came up in CAS on a vacant lot. I had moved my previous Sims 4 Folder completely out of the Electronic Arts folder, and when starting up the game, it regenerated them fresh. So no saves, no cache files, no mod folder, no config files. I set a baby bed in the middle of the vacant lot. I was unable to select or hit it with the sledge hammer. I had to UNDO to get rid of it. I put one there, and went into live mode, and did the right-click reset object (debug) thing, and....nothing. No error message, but still I am unable to select it. Went back in to Build mode, unable to select it, change the color or delete it. Abandoned lot and sold all the furnishings. Did get 150 simoleons, though.
  • TerrylinTerrylin Posts: 4,846 Member
    This occurs in all houses and even on vacant lots. I tested it out with a fresh install...no mods, no CC, using the first sim that came up in CAS on a vacant lot. I had moved my previous Sims 4 Folder completely out of the Electronic Arts folder, and when starting up the game, it regenerated them fresh. So no saves, no cache files, no mod folder, no config files. I set a baby bed in the middle of the vacant lot. I was unable to select or hit it with the sledge hammer. I had to UNDO to get rid of it. I put one there, and went into live mode, and did the right-click reset object (debug) thing, and....nothing. No error message, but still I am unable to select it. Went back in to Build mode, unable to select it, change the color or delete it. Abandoned lot and sold all the furnishings. Did get 150 simoleons, though.

WOW That is messed up! :\ I do also suggest you file a report at the above link so the Devs can become aware of this.
    Lets us know what they come up with. Hope you get a solution! :)

Thanks, I reported it wherever I could: here and on EA Answers. Will let you know. In the meantime, I have to build those permanent nurseries.
  • catmando830catmando830 Posts: 9,117 Member
    are you right or left clicking on object
    Left to select, right to reset (debug) object. Left to sledge hammer stuff.

In build mode, right click to select, then just hit the delete button on your keyboard - bye-bye basinet

In build mode, right click to select, then just hit the delete button on your keyboard - bye-bye basinet
    Going to try that...thanks for the suggestion.

• BamajamBamajam Posts: 812 Member
    Do you ever buy cribs before baby is born? And if you do can you delete those?
    edited November 2014
    That didn't work. When I hover my mouse over the bassinet, I notice that the lot down the street is highlighted, so when I click, my camera centers on the lot down down the street. bassinetissue.jpg
    That didn't work. When I hover my mouse over the bassinet, I notice that the lot down the street is highlighted, so when I click, my camera centers on the lot down down the street. bassinetissue.jpg

don't use the sledgehammer, in build mode just right click on the bassinet and then push the delete button on your keyboard

don't use the sledgehammer, in build mode just right click on the bassinet and then push the delete button on your keyboard

That doesn't work. Right-clicking does not select the object. If I put my cursor precisely on the object, the floor is highlighted and right-clicking and hitting delete deletes the floor, of course.

I wonder why you can't select, move or delete plants near walls either. That sounds very odd to me.

Tday3_zps00758527.png
    OMG, I can delete the baby bassinet in the regular build mode again! I don't know what changed, but my game healed itself!! w00t!