Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

*Set as front door* no longer working after patch (UPDATED: Fixed in patch)

JonalinJonalin Posts: 1,708 Member
I can no longer set a door as the "front door" in my game :\
Post edited by Jonalin on

Comments

• luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    Devs acknowledged this one in the chat today. I suspect it'll make the next patch, from the way it was phrased.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • JonalinJonalin Posts: 1,708 Member
    Devs acknowledged this one in the chat today. I suspect it'll make the next patch, from the way it was phrased.

Thanks @luthienrising! Appreciate the info!
  • jeepjeepcatjeepjeepcat Posts: 2,302 Member
    Nice to see a search yielded an answer to my question. I've had to make the doors to the pool house indoor doors because my sims would walk through the front door and go to the pool house door when they came home from work now I can't set it. Daft thing is the pool house is in an enclosed back garden so they have to walk through the flipping house to get to the door, visitors just stand at the fence and yell!
  • DanteEDMDanteEDM Posts: 98 Member
    Good to hear. Thanks for the update.
    "Nothing inspires forgiveness quite like revenge." Scott Adams
  • TrowiciaTrowicia Posts: 2,027 Member
    I thought I was going nuts. Good to know I'm not the only one.
    // take me back to 2018.
  • kremesch73kremesch73 Posts: 10,474 Member
    edited November 2014
    I never knew we could set front door. I just always placed the mailbox next to the front door and never had any issues.

How was this done? Did you click on the door in play mode and an option would pop up?
    Dissatisfied with Sims 4 and hoping for a better Sims 5
    kremesch73 wrote: »
    I never knew we could set front door. I just always placed the mailbox next to the front door and never had any issues.

How was this done? Did you click on the door in play mode?

If you left click on any exterior door there should be an option to set it as the front door.
    Cheers

DanteEDM wrote: »
    If you left click on any exterior door there should be an option to set it as the front door.
    Cheers

Never noticed it. So, it's completely broken now then? Nothing happens if I left-click on a door.
    Cheers

Never noticed it. So, it's completely broken now then? Nothing happens if I left-click on a door.
    Yep,
    Patched out of existence. I love everything about this game. Everything!
    Cheers,
    Yep,
    Patched out of existence. I love everything about this game. Everything!
    Cheers,

Hm. I think you're being sarcastic, but I'm not sure. :)

Has anyone tried the mailbox placement then? In all of my 444 hours of playing in rotation of 26 households with several different types of builds, as well as several different saves and types of gameplay, I have not had any issues with sims finding the front door, and I never knew about assigning a front door. Am I just lucky?

I've been doing this since S2 with moveObjects On. I just can't fathom not having a mailbox next to the front door--A bit of OCD, I think.
    Slightly sarcastic. It doesn't depend on the mailbox. When I added a foundation to my house, the front door designation flipped to the back door for some reason.
    I noticed the bug when I found I couldn't knock on anybody's door. Checked my sim's house and neither of the doors could be assigned front door status.
    Cheers :)
    edited November 2014
    Slightly sarcastic. It doesn't depend on the mailbox. When I added a foundation to my house, the front door designation flipped to the back door for some reason.
    I noticed the bug when I found I couldn't knock on anybody's door. Checked my sim's house and neither of the doors could be assigned front door status.

No. That's fine. I'm just trying to understand. Do you build your own houses or do you download from the Gallery? Do you have issues with your own builds, I guess is what I'm trying to ask.
  • imrelevantimrelevant Posts: 126 Member
    > @kremesch73 said:
    > DanteEDM wrote: »
    >
    > Slightly sarcastic. It doesn't depend on the mailbox. When I added a foundation to my house, the front door designation flipped to the back door for some reason.
    > I noticed the bug when I found I couldn't knock on anybody's door. Checked my sim's house and neither of the doors could be assigned front door status.
    > Cheers :)
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > No. That's fine. I'm just trying to understand. Do you build your own houses or do you download from the Gallery? Do you have issues with your own builds, I guess is what I'm trying to ask.

I hope they get it fixed.
  • imrelevantimrelevant Posts: 126 Member
    I never noticed the option either.

No. That's fine. I'm just trying to understand. Do you build your own houses or do you download from the Gallery? Do you have issues with your own builds, I guess is what I'm trying to ask.

I've only ever used the default houses in TS4 (so far)

This is worth looking into for me then. I always wipe out neighbourhoods and rebuild them as my own depending on the sims I'm playing. Every sim starts out in an 8x8 box that evolves as the game allows. Like I said, I have not had any issues. For, me, the doors are always placed so the arrows point outwards (outside), mailboxes are always placed near the front door because in RL, I think it senseless to have it any other way. Perhaps it's the pre-builds that are the issue then?

I don't know, but I think it's worth some brainstorming.

In S2, anything premade was a bad thing. This is where my habits evovled from.

This is worth looking into for me then. I always wipe out neighbourhoods and rebuild them as my own depending on the sims I'm playing. Every sim starts out in an 8x8 box that evolves as the game allows. Like I said, I have not had any issues. For, me, the doors are always placed so the arrows point outwards (outside), mailboxes are always placed near the front door because in RL, I think it senseless to have it any other way. Perhaps it's the pre-builds that are the issue then?

I don't know, but I think it's worth some brainstorming.

In S2, anything premade was a bad thing. This is where my habits evovled from.

I actually don't mind some of the starter homes. I tend to build when they trade up. If you only have one exterior door it is automatically the front door. Sorry, I can be a bit pedantic. :)

But try sending your sim to visit a neighbour and see if he can knock on any exterior door.
    I'm interested to know if you can. I can't.

Cheers

I actually don't mind some of the starter homes. I tend to build when they trade up. If you only have one exterior door it is automatically the front door. Sorry, I can be a bit pedantic. :)

But try sending your sim to visit a neighbour and see if he can knock on any exterior door.

Cheers

I use the same doors for all exteriors. Whatever I use for the front door, I tend to use for the back door too, with some exceptions, of course--depending on my build.

Since the patch previous to the latest one (the late October one?), my sims can no longer knock on doors. I used to be able to click on the door and select, 'knock on,' or whatever the wording is. Since then, this does not work. Clicking on the door is like clicking on dead space. Absolutely nothing happens. Nothing at all. What does work for me is to click on the exterior walls of their homes. If I click on the wall, I get the option I used to get when I clicked on the door.

It appears that the issue in this thread is related to the issued I've run into--so it appears.

Cheers

I use the same doors for all exteriors. Whatever I use for the front door, I tend to use for the back door too, with some exceptions, of course--depending on my build.

Since the patch previous to the latest one (the late October one?), my sims can no longer knock on doors. I used to be able to click on the door and select, 'knock on,' or whatever the wording is. Since then, this does not work. Clicking on the door is like clicking on dead space. Absolutely nothing happens. Nothing at all. What does work for me is to click on the exterior walls of their homes. If I click on the wall, I get the option I used to get when I clicked on the door.

It appears that the issue in this thread is related to the issued I've run into--so it appears.

I'll try clicking on the exterior wall and see if that works. Thanks for the tip. :)
    Cheers,

• JonalinJonalin Posts: 1,708 Member

I'll try clicking on the exterior wall and see if that works. Thanks for the tip. :)
    Cheers,

This, for some weird reason, worked for me today in my game. I had to click on all the exterior walls of the house until I found the "secret sweet spot" that said "knock on front door".

Sooo crazy :p

Tday3_zps00758527.png
  • luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.