Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Town sims swimming in everyday clothes

I was sure I had seen another thread on this but can't find it now. My own sim enters the pool just fine and changes to swimwear (although once out of the pool he stays in swimwear until he either goes to work or I force a change). But the town sims are all swimming in their everyday clothes. This is true at the pools at the gym, parks or when at my home.

Has anyone figured out a fix for this if there is one? Is this a bug that needs to be corrected by EA or is it a problem with CC or mods? I have removed all mods and that didn't seem to fix it.

Comments

• DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Posts: 4,220 Member
    That sounds like a mod issue.
  • EllessarrEllessarr Posts: 2,795 Member
    i have the same problem and this not happen only with swinsuit but also with underwear/sleep cloths

the bug is about "the last cloth" the sim was wearing before he leave, if a autonomous sim leave a active place in underwear or swinsuit or gynastic cloth, he will keep using that cloth forever unless as you told something force him to change, or by going work or by you using a cheat to make him change cloth.

that bug happen more if you play with more than one family, if you are playing with family A, then you leave that family to play with another, if the another have friendship with that or you go to a public place you have a chance to spot that sim appear on the last cloth he was using before you leave, then if this is a swinsuit you gonna see him on that if was a underwear then will be that, this bug is annyoing when i get guests come in underwear clothis or bikinis to my home.
    tumblr_mfiuwmQOLI1qgap4ho1_500.gif
  • catitude5catitude5 Posts: 2,537 Member
    Ashkevron wrote: »
    I was sure I had seen another thread on this but can't find it now. My own sim enters the pool just fine and changes to swimwear (although once out of the pool he stays in swimwear until he either goes to work or I force a change). But the town sims are all swimming in their everyday clothes. This is true at the pools at the gym, parks or when at my home.

Has anyone figured out a fix for this if there is one? Is this a bug that needs to be corrected by EA or is it a problem with CC or mods? I have removed all mods and that didn't seem to fix it.
    I had this issue and it was caused by a mod "Go to work in everyday clothes". It worked fine after I took it out.

• AshkevronAshkevron Posts: 579 Member
    catitude5 wrote: »
    Ashkevron wrote: »

I had this issue and it was caused by a mod "Go to work in everyday clothes". It worked fine after I took it out.

did this mod also interfere with non-played sims? with townies?

I do have this mod but I had removed all mods and tried the game and it still did it. Will try it again, perhaps with a new game rather than a saved game.
  • TiffanyRoseTiffanyRose Posts: 121 Member
    edited December 2014
    I have the same issue. Gonna try and see if removing the "Go to work in Everyday Clothes" fixes it.

Edit: Confirmed. I now have the option for Swimwear under change outfit and sims change into swimsuits when getting into a pool.
    Post edited by TiffanyRose on
    Gallery: Hellkittenn
    Simmer since 2001.
  • SimplyJenSimplyJen Posts: 14,828 Member
    edited December 2014
    @Ashkevron If you took out the mod and the problem still exist then try removing cache too. Even after removing CC and mods, things can be left behind so that's when you need to clear cache.

http://sims4.crinrict.com/en/2014/09/delete-cache-files/

Edit: :blush: woops... November 18th was a while ago but if you're still having issues then try the above.
    i7-13700K • 16GB • RTX 4070
    S3 simblr: http://simplysimming.tumblr.com/
    S4 simblr: http://simlogic.tumblr.com/