Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Legacy Challenge Mega Thread

Comments

• Options
    CathyTeaCathyTea Posts: 23,089 Member
    @MsPhy - Just read it. Aw, it's so sad. It's that image of them weeping buckets that just gets me every time All the best to you as you play through 2 days of sadness. What you need is a little evil Sim who can feel glee over the misery of others!
    Cathy Tea's SimLit Anthology

Do you also play The Elder Scrolls Online? You can find me there as CathyTea, too!
  • Options
    MsPhyMsPhy Posts: 5,055 Member
    CathyTea wrote: »
    @MsPhy - Just read it. Aw, it's so sad. It's that image of them weeping buckets that just gets me every time All the best to you as you play through 2 days of sadness. What you need is a little evil Sim who can feel glee over the misery of others!

I'm actually looking forward to the next installment. Mariana's death has had an interesting effect on Liam's personality ;-)

• Options
    stargirl18stargirl18 Posts: 1,538 Member
    Hello, I will now only be updating this challenge on Tuesdays as I have a few other challenges I am also doing. Here is Chapter 7 of Gen 5
  • Options
    SimSaraSimSara Posts: 534 Member
    edited October 2014
    Hello, I'm doing the legacy challenge and I have chosen "merit" as the heir law which states:

"The child with the most fully completed aspirations will be named heir. If there is a tie, the child with the highest level in a single skill will become heir from among the children who are tied."

So does that mean my children will have to complete their aspirations before my founder sim dies or a young adult eligible for heir has a kid, and if they don't I basically lose the game? I can be like "oh, nobody completely their aspirations, sooo I'll just choose the sim with the most skill levels." ???

Also, would leveling all the way up in a career be considered completely a career aspiration??

Thanks.
    Post edited by SimSara on
  • Options
    Yay! Square-eye-squinty-jaw is a thing of the past with the latest patch! Just in time, as I love the little chin of my current boy heir/spare and would hate to see it become square!

Do you also play The Elder Scrolls Online? You can find me there as CathyTea, too!
  • Options
    FloorRaisinFloorRaisin Posts: 1,340 Member
    YAY! I'm hopeful about that one blurb about the multitude of hidden sims dwindling. With only 12 visible sims + my household of 5, I was still showing a population of 178 last time I played.
    The Wolff Legacy - whattheplum.wordpress.com - Latest update: Forward, Fast
  • Options
    @FloorRaisin - yeah, same here! I'm hoping for actual houses that get and stay populated!

• Options
    Players are reporting the eyes/jaw problem are not fixed for YA stage. I have not patched yet, holding off.

New chapter up in Pete's Legacy. Link in my signature.
  • Options
    @MsPhy - Oh, I really like that chapter! I love the way you're working Liam's traits into the story. It's fascinating to see him grow and develop.

• Options
    CathyTea wrote: »
    @MsPhy - Oh, I really like that chapter! I love the way you're working Liam's traits into the story. It's fascinating to see him grow and develop.

Thanks :-) The story is kind of telling itself, really. I was so sad when I rolled his first trait, and even more sad when I rolled his second! But it's working out beautifully.
  • Options
    @MsPhy - I notice that it really changes my experience of playing the game when I have Sims with traits I find challenging--yet in terms of the story, and in terms of having interesting and even compelling characters, the challenges add so much! I'm so intrigued by Liam, and I will love to see how he develops.

The sadness, too, it makes it so hard to play through! Yet once it turns around, then our Sims seem to enjoy their happiness even more! Back in TS2, I would always groundhog-day the game (exiting without saving) whenever anything bad happened to my Sims. But then, I stopped doing that, and I noticed that the Sims became so much richer, and actually kinder! It was as if they had greater depth of feeling and greater compassion and greater appreciation of the beauty in life after having experienced disappointment and loss. Without that, they remained a little superficial and self-centered! And I don't think I'm reading that in (not entirely, at least), for their facial expressions, actions, interactions, thought bubbles, and conversation bubbles all changed!

• Options
    I agree about those challenging traits! One thing I love about the Legacy Challenge is that it gets me to try things I might ordinarily avoid, like certain traits, certain jobs, collecting in general, and all this stepping outside of the comfort zone enriches my playing experience so much!

I loved my TS2 Sims. They still really hold a special place in my heart. They had so much personality! I loved all the little things about them. That's why I always found myself going back after some time with Sims 3. I have no doubt that I will see my TS2 Sims again, no matter how much I enjoy TS4.
  • Options
    Lizziemay12Lizziemay12 Posts: 1,178 Member
    @MsPhy I totally agree with you there :) I wouldn't have picked The Collector aspiration myself but it was interesting to see all the things you can collect and how far you have to go with them. I picked the easier of the collections to grab but it would have been interesting seeing all the Aliens or frog species you can get, as examples.

Since I've installed the Sims 4 I haven't played the previous series games yet. But I might go back to Sims 2 again. I did have hours of fun with the Sims 3 but with all the expansions and downloads I have installed, it because unbearable to play because of the stuttering.
    Origin Username: LizzieMay +++ New friends are always welcome :)
  • Options
    aroseinbloomaroseinbloom Posts: 3,456 Member
    Hi Hi, all!

I've been reading through some of your legacies and I know I have many more to get through! I'm working on it. I've been playing The Sims since day 1, but I haven't been so great at using the forums or anything, so I'm working on fixing that.

If you're feeling up to it, I also write a legacy called The Skinner Family Legacy. I would love for some more readers/feedback! Please check it out if you have the time.

theskinnerfamilylegacy.wordpress.com

Thanks!
  • Options
    @aroseinbloom - I enjoy your legacy! I've got a link to it from my "Legacies and Stories I Love to Follow" page!

• Options
    Hi Hi, all!<br />
    <br />
    I've been reading through some of your legacies and I know I have many more to get through! I'm working on it. I've been playing The Sims since day 1, but I haven't been so great at using the forums or anything, so I'm working on fixing that.<br />
    <br />
    If you're feeling up to it, I also write a legacy called The Skinner Family Legacy. I would love for some more readers/feedback! Please check it out if you have the time.<br />
    <br />
    theskinnerfamilylegacy.wordpress.com<br />
    <br />
    Thanks!

Will check it out this morning!
  • Options
    aroseinbloomaroseinbloom Posts: 3,456 Member
    Thanks so much, @cathytea and @MsPhy.

Oh yeah, MsPhy, I just started reading your blog this morning. I really like it so far!

And CathyTea, I've been following yours. It's really fun to read!
  • Options
    JennohocanJennohocan Posts: 18 New Member
    Just started dipping my fingers into my legacy...have not posted the first chapter but have some stuff up getting ready for the debut.
    It is the Rinaldi Legacy and there is some back story on the blog. Hope everyone enjoys! I am having so much fun doing it!
    It is Jennohocan on Blogspot.

PS Cant post links yet which seems really silly to me.
  • Options
    CatLady1990CatLady1990 Posts: 5 New Member
    Please check out my Sims 4 Legacy. It's a about a gothic sim named Marlow Morbid, it's very funny and quirky, if you read mine, I'll read yours! Thanks. :) morbidlegacy.wordpress.com
  • Options
    FloorRaisinFloorRaisin Posts: 1,340 Member
    Hiya @CatLady1990 - I just visited your blog and none of the pictures are loading for me - when I try to open them in another tab I get a 404 error. Something to look into, maybe? The text is promising, though! I like the idea of an Evil exemplar legacy. :D
    The Wolff Legacy - whattheplum.wordpress.com - Latest update: Forward, Fast
  • Options
    Candy_EllenCandy_Ellen Posts: 426 Member
    It's been awhile and I have a new up date.
    Yay.
    I've had such a busy week!
    (Link in my signature)
  • Options
    Rrriot_KittyRrriot_Kitty Posts: 167 Member
    Here's a question, for possibly Pinstar, even, but, what about mods that add NPC characters that were omitted from the base game, such as these new ones, that can add gardener/repair man NPC characters? I took a look, the gardener can be hired to come on repeat schedule, but will only water/weed, no complicated things like splicing, etc.

Basically, can we utilise mods like this, and would NPC characters like this be eligible for marriage?

http://ts4mods.com/2014/10/25/hello-from-me-npcs/

• Options
  • Options
    Kiingyy23Kiingyy23 Posts: 326 Member
    New Chapter! xx
  • Options
    Candy_EllenCandy_Ellen Posts: 426 Member
    New Chapter! xx

I love the new chapter!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list