Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

would you want a sports expansion pack?

Comments

• KrowpaKrowpa Posts: 56 Member
    I wouldn't buy an expansion that was strictly based on sports myself. If they were included in things I am interested it would be fine and I might use them. I would also be okay with an expansion if there are enough others that want it as I am just not enough of a completionist to have to buy all of them.
  • XxAirixXXxAirixX Posts: 2,567 Member
    Personally no. I don't mind some sports related stuff in some expansions, but I don't want an expansion focusing on sports. I am not particularly fond of sports and doesn't seem like it would offer enough to be an EP. I can see it like an SP or store thing.
  • windweaverwindweaver Posts: 7,375 Member
    no, not interested. don't like sports
    My Origin Name is: Cynconzola8
  • VlaxitovVlaxitov Posts: 5,798 Member
    I do want sports worked into the game, but I don't want an EP dedicated to it.
  • alanmichael1alanmichael1 Posts: 5,405 Member
    I don't like sports in real life very much, but I would like an EP with soccer, waterball, tennis or motor racing! Think of all the great possibilities for hot fashion :D ! Also, if they bring back horses, I want to see their competitions instead of sending them into a rabbit hole.
    edited October 2014
    You don't have to like sports IRL to be entertained by your Sims engaging in sports in your game.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UEhu7mpBgt4

Sports would be a WAY more entertaining way to raise your body skill than weights or treadmill.
  • mixedpinoyboymixedpinoyboy Posts: 40 Member
    I'd love to see sports in the Sims 4.
    Basketball, baseball, skateboards, rollerblades, etc...
    But just like a previous post, maybe as a "Hobby" expansion, instead of an expansion just made for sports.
  • NOVEMBER_11SARAHNOVEMBER_11SARAH Posts: 767 Member
    If it was like the Sims 2 hobbies and there were other things to do other then sports, then yes
    New Zealand!!!
    I have dyslexia so my grammar sucks.
    Sim Story:
    https://smfblog11.wordpress.com/
    Simblr:
    http://thestrangenessofstrangetown.tumblr.com/
  • TOLKIENTOLKIEN Posts: 1,594 Member
    I LOVE how almost all the NO's are from girls and many of the yes are from guys.

This thread is perfect stereotype.

Honestly I wouldn't mind a sports expansion (and I don't play or watch sports games) simply because it would be something DIFFERENT for are sims to do. All the upcoming expansions will be cookie cutter from previous games. Recycling the same activities over and over again.

We need new ideas for the Sims 4.

It would be nice to have NEW content in are game AND if they could make a sports expansion that involves more then 1 on 1 (as has been all previous sports related equipment in the Sims) that would be awesome! I'd love to see my sims compete against other sims.

I think it really boils down to most sim players are women and women in general don't like watching sports - so I believe unfortunately this will rule out a sports expansion because EA knows women won't buy it (yes there will be a few but clearly based just off this thread they are the minority)

• Nik24X7Nik24X7 Posts: 7,865 Member
    TOLKIEN wrote: »
    It would be nice to have NEW content in are game AND if they could make a sports expansion that involves more then 1 on 1 (as has been all previous sports related equipment in the Sims) that would be awesome! I'd love to see my sims compete against other sims.
    I would love for our Sims to be able to join a bowling league, for instance, or maybe a softball league. Maybe even have regularly scheduled practices, albeit those would probably be off-screen much like jobs and school. But a tennis player could enter a tournament, let's say. Beat your opponent and then move onto the next one. Sorta like the Sim Fu tournaments in Shang SimLa.

Origin ID: nik24x7
  • JimilJimil Posts: 4,443 Member
    Nope. I just don't like sports
  • FreakAboutSimsFreakAboutSims Posts: 795 Member
    I love how the people here saying they wouldn't buy it are just lying because they know they would regardless, even if it's just for one tiny feature.

Sports is incredibly niche despite the massive number of sports fans just in America alone. So an all sports pack would never come to be and athletics will also be an added feature within a more general pack like Seasons or University or Free Time.
    Seasons was chalked full of sports and like activities and its one of the most loved EP's ever.
  • steve7859steve7859 Posts: 3,824 Member
    No
  • lmkrivcherlmkrivcher Posts: 509 Member
    I quite like the idea of adding competitive sports... maybe not an EP but an SP. I would love rugby, tennis, volleyball, and maybe a few more... def worth exploring imo
    Simming since 2000 (whew!) <3
  • munchie885munchie885 Posts: 8,439 Member
    My sims already have a habit of buffing up intoa copy of the hulk... they do not need a sports ep...
  • GruffmanGruffman Posts: 4,831 Member
    Actually. I would not mind one ...

I would want variety in sports ... for each liefstage ( save babies ). Let children go to little league, soccer and t-ball. let toddlers roll balls across the floor to an adult/teen. let family members play football, baseball ...
    Gruffman wrote: »
    Actually. I would not mind one ...

I would want variety in sports ... for each liefstage ( save babies ). Let children go to little league, soccer and t-ball. let toddlers roll balls across the floor to an adult/teen. let family members play football, baseball ...

You gotta admit it would be a more entertaining way to get bodyskill than weights and treadmill.

• EnkiSchmidtEnkiSchmidt Posts: 5,341 Member
    Yes

Not a sports fan in real life, but in the game it could be fun.
    I mentioned before in another thread that I´d like the towns (worlds) to have sports teams that could compete against each other. It would help to make the towns more distinct. At the moment, the differences in climate taken aside, switching from Oasis Springs to Willow Creek doesn´t feel like travelling to another town.
  • ksstrekksstrek Posts: 73 Member
    I would not be interested in an Expansion Pack that was dedicated solely to sports. Sports as part of a hobbies expansion pack would be fine. Having said that, I would be most interested in a family expansion pack that returns toddlers to the game and in that there could be some outdoor activities such as basketball, football, skating on the sidewalks etc.
  • bloodvioletbloodviolet Posts: 1,125 Member
    edited October 2014
    Depends really. I hate sports in real life and you couldn't pay me to sit through a ball game of any kind, but some sports would be entertaining for my sims if it included things like: ice skating, gymnastics, mini golf pieces that you could design your own courses with, and equestrian events with horses, and bike courses. Aerobics, Zumba Classes, Martial Arts, Mud Wrestling. Have personal trainers that follow you around and pester you to get in shape. Have health nuts and gurus... I think that could be fun -- I could get behind something like that.

Now if you purely mean sports to mean ball games then no thank you.
    I don't see horse riding coming back in TS4.
  • VirtualPets65VirtualPets65 Posts: 133 Member
    No. I would NOT buy any sports-themed EP.
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    No as I think they could include sport activities in a generations and seasons type ep. I wouldn't want an ep dedicated to sports.