July 27th - Bug Fixes! Catch up on the fixes with the latest patch click here
July 30th - It's time for our Friday Highlights! You can check them out here!

Why i don't like the forums no more

1235...Next

Comments

  • EvalenEvalen Posts: 9,988 Member
    Crackseed wrote: »
    Evalen wrote: »
    Wow I did not know it was a competition.

    the statement " That way the ones who 'now' get a lot of likes will become the leaders in the activity section..."

    So I guess to some it was. I thought it was about what you really agreed with or disagreed with. But I guess it was all about who was the leader in the activity section, how sad is that. then now I am glad it is gone.

    Well clearly if I have more LOLs or Likes than you it means I'm totally a better person right? Right? *tumbleweed*

    yea right! I better be careful rolling and laughing on the floor like this, don't want grimmie to get me. :D:D:D

  • SimGuruHydraSimGuruHydra Posts: 1,458 Member
    Hi all - the techs of the forums are still working on turning the "flag" function to "report".

    The disagrees/agrees buttons - they seemed to have been causing fighting amongst players.

    As I've posted elsewhere - any feedback both negative (how else is the team going to know what you don't like?!) and positive are welcome - just no fights/flames/trolls and you're good :) thanks.
  • CrackseedCrackseed Posts: 5,209 Member
    edited September 2014
    Hi all - the techs of the forums are still working on turning the "flag" function to "report".

    The disagrees/agrees buttons - they seemed to have been causing fighting amongst players.

    As I've posted elsewhere - any feedback both negative (how else is the team going to know what you don't like?!) and positive are welcome - just no fights/flames/trolls and you're good :) thanks.

    Could have just replaced disagree/agree with the words cake/pie and enjoyed the utter anarchy from people trying to use the one they don't like/like to indicate such...

    Edit: That being said, thank you for adjusting the flags :)
    y9UdOhq.png
    "My spirit animal can beat up your spirit animal"
    ~ Origin ID: DaCrackseed ~
  • jcp011c2jcp011c2 Posts: 10,694 Member
    Thank you simguruhydra. I think I speak for many members (though not all I'm sure) when I say that it's appreciated you're working on the report/flag button. And I certainly understand where you're coming from with the agree/disagree buttons though to me that wasn't quite as big of an issue. I know I joke about it a lot but I think the mods are on the right track now.
    It's kind of sad that I have to point out that anything I say is only just my opinion and may be a different one from someone else.
  • SimsFurSimsFur Posts: 1,998 Member
    edited September 2014
    Bear31

    You just want to spit out opinions and not expect anyone to argue with you. I don't think I am these things, Im not offended in the slightest, nor do I feel like it was toward me. I was stating a fact. If you don't like it, you don't have to. Im merely stating the fact that, maybe like me, these fine people feel the same way. They aren't children either and you are just stirring yourself up to create drama instead of lightening up a bit and letting people have their fun if they want to do it. What's it to you? You don't have to read any of these threads if you don't want to.

    Very less people knowledge here my friend.. ofcourse a child doesnt see that he/she is being childish, others tell them. You dont have to try to get rit of me, cause you dont like what i am saying. You can simply also just not answer to my comments.. a bit ironic dont you think. The same goes for sharing your opinion and then tell someone to get lost.. ooh the irony.. Its not even funny anymore, its just sad.

    I do not see any other interesting reason to continue a conversation with you, have a nice day;)







  • SusiechanSusiechan Posts: 3,034 Member
    Hi all - the techs of the forums are still working on turning the "flag" function to "report".

    The disagrees/agrees buttons - they seemed to have been causing fighting amongst players.

    As I've posted elsewhere - any feedback both negative (how else is the team going to know what you don't like?!) and positive are welcome - just no fights/flames/trolls and you're good :) thanks.

    Thanks @SimGuruHydra

    Could you please look into the privacy setting in "my profile" too ? Pretty please with cherry on top :) ?
  • SusiechanSusiechan Posts: 3,034 Member
    Crackseed wrote: »
    Hi all - the techs of the forums are still working on turning the "flag" function to "report".

    The disagrees/agrees buttons - they seemed to have been causing fighting amongst players.

    As I've posted elsewhere - any feedback both negative (how else is the team going to know what you don't like?!) and positive are welcome - just no fights/flames/trolls and you're good :) thanks.

    Could have just replaced disagree/agree with the words cake/pie and enjoyed the utter anarchy from people trying to use the one they don't like/like to indicate such...

    Edit: That being said, thank you for adjusting the flags :)

    I like both cake and pie and you are just going to drive me crazy deciding which one that I like the best... :(
  • CrackseedCrackseed Posts: 5,209 Member
    Susiechan wrote: »
    Crackseed wrote: »
    Hi all - the techs of the forums are still working on turning the "flag" function to "report".

    The disagrees/agrees buttons - they seemed to have been causing fighting amongst players.

    As I've posted elsewhere - any feedback both negative (how else is the team going to know what you don't like?!) and positive are welcome - just no fights/flames/trolls and you're good :) thanks.

    Could have just replaced disagree/agree with the words cake/pie and enjoyed the utter anarchy from people trying to use the one they don't like/like to indicate such...

    Edit: That being said, thank you for adjusting the flags :)

    I like both cake and pie and you are just going to drive me crazy deciding which one that I like the best... :(

    Do you SEE the brilliance of my plan? How many people would spontaneously burst into confetti trying to sort that one out...
    y9UdOhq.png
    "My spirit animal can beat up your spirit animal"
    ~ Origin ID: DaCrackseed ~
  • Shadoza2Shadoza2 Posts: 1,579 Member
    Cinebar wrote: »
    Skulltec wrote: »
    therefore i have to go back to release of TS4. People were talking, discuss and reading thoughts of others. Now a few weeks later we know almost everything about the game and the activity is slowly going down. Not a such hype anymore, maybe it'll come back with a new EP announcement but that is just normal.. the latest and most stupid idea i think is to remove the Disagree and spam button. Sure people get flagged for no reason but still...let's say some one starts a discussion and we don't agree with them. Now you gotta need to post a answer to them and letting know that you don't like it? It's like every one has right..only like and lol left hmm.. EA Started good with the forums i believe they really did and like everything they are making stuff worse everytime again.. they did it quick with this forum:| you might don't like my post but why should i bother there's no disagree no more

    No disagrees make the game look better, this wasn't simply to remove the buttons for arguments' sake. It also diminishes the agrees and reduces the ranks of those who had many agrees which were not as happy with this game as those who still play it. That way the ones who 'now' get a lot of likes will become the leaders in the activity section...this makes the game all look better as those who had many agrees with what they didn't like posts are gone under their profiles and no one visiting can see why people agreed with them. If that's not the case then they could have just fixed the flag system. See? If it wasn't to make the game look better then I will eat my hat. Their rating system backfired as more people who wrote more negative responses wound up being what they deemed 'leaders'. Those people, including myself didn't ask for those titles nor want them, but EA's point system backfired and they had to fix that and make it look better for the 'game', because if more people were agreeing with those who are negative, then what must that look like to those who are just looking around on the forums?

    Strange...that is my first thought. Too many users disagreeing with TS4 posts and supporting TS3 posts, so Maxis silences the supporters of the older versions. I think this way as this site is THE SIMS site, but TS4 has a lot of subheadings, TS3 has only a couple. Trying to find topics that interest me in the TS3 area is complex since most of them are dumped together in a general thread.

    I want the agree/disagree buttons returned and a dislike button added. (This makes the system more balanced) If the disagrees were causing users to feel sad, then simply stop tallying them in their personal page. To make something a contest, then take it away because people were competitive is immature in the least.
  • Billysim143Billysim143 Posts: 965 Member
    Oy vey. wp6d83b528.gif

    I will say this, the new changes seem to have targeted the right people. Great Job EA!
  • hihi122122hihi122122 Posts: 1,253 Member
    I feel left out of the party. I didn't have any disagrees... :#

    Just kidding on feeling left out. I know I'd have gotten them eventually. But they committed the heinous crime of changing the smileys! :s (I still don't know all the code for them... Anyone have a list?)
  • SkulltecSkulltec Posts: 474 Member
    Hi all - the techs of the forums are still working on turning the "flag" function to "report".

    The disagrees/agrees buttons - they seemed to have been causing fighting amongst players.

    As I've posted elsewhere - any feedback both negative (how else is the team going to know what you don't like?!) and positive are welcome - just no fights/flames/trolls and you're good :) thanks.

    Oh because this was a discussion in general you just dropped it to idea's ?My post wasn't about any idea whatsoever!
  • Shadoza2Shadoza2 Posts: 1,579 Member
    Hi all - the techs of the forums are still working on turning the "flag" function to "report".

    The disagrees/agrees buttons - they seemed to have been causing fighting amongst players.

    As I've posted elsewhere - any feedback both negative (how else is the team going to know what you don't like?!) and positive are welcome - just no fights/flames/trolls and you're good :) thanks.

    Disagree and agree buttons saved people from having to elaborate on why the do not agree. If one thinks that not having a convenient button to say "I disagree" is going to reduce arguments, they need to reconsider. Now, users do not have to consider generating a large amount of disagrees before saying something they know will not be well received. Currently, one can say what they will and let the feathers fly as long as it is not flaming or trolling. Not good. This feels like a kindergarten measure: If you are going to fight over it, no one gets to play with it.
  • Bear31Bear31 Posts: 3,412 Member
    SimsFur wrote: »
    Bear31

    You just want to spit out opinions and not expect anyone to argue with you. I don't think I am these things, Im not offended in the slightest, nor do I feel like it was toward me. I was stating a fact. If you don't like it, you don't have to. Im merely stating the fact that, maybe like me, these fine people feel the same way. They aren't children either and you are just stirring yourself up to create drama instead of lightening up a bit and letting people have their fun if they want to do it. What's it to you? You don't have to read any of these threads if you don't want to.

    Very less people knowledge here my friend.. ofcourse a child doesnt see that he/she is being childish, others tell them. You dont have to try to get rit of me, cause you dont like what i am saying. You can simply also just not answer to my comments.. a bit ironic dont you think. The same goes for sharing your opinion and then tell someone to get lost.. ooh the irony.. Its not even funny anymore, its just sad.

    I do not see any other interesting reason to continue a conversation with you, have a nice day;)







    Since when is it your responsibility to tell anyone how they are, childish or otherwise? *listens and hears only crickets* That's what I thought. And when I have something to say, I say it. Plain and simple. If you don't like it, you don't have to just as I don't have to like what you say to me......but instead of trying to stop you from saying what people obviously don't like, I let you talk. You have an opinion, granted it's not one people care for, but I let you just the same without using expletives or name calling. Just running in and saying what your opinion is and not expecting someone to respond to you in the negative or otherwise is ridiculous. Plus, where do you get that I tell others to "get lost"? I never do that. Yes, I've done the whole *sits with popcorn* bit, but that doesn't say "hey! You're not allowed to talk". Quite frankly, all it means is "dang, I'm tired of these threads being so negative all the time" and "here we go with yet another pointless thread used to start fights and then get closed because of them". The last thread that I've done that in became something that was supposed to be lighthearted and get the people to loosen up a bit.

    I'm done with this.....have a good day ;)
  • JongarakunJongarakun Posts: 1,265 Member
    The real question is how far will SimsFur fall when you slap the horse's flank?

    Thanks Hydra. Any word on the BBC in signatures, or the shaders?
    Ornery weirdo. My Origin ID is Jongarakun.
    xyIcMqt.png
  • justproud2bjustproud2b Posts: 12 New Member
    edited September 2014
    > @SimGuruHydra said:
    > Hi all - the techs of the forums are still working on turning the "flag" function to "report".
    >
    > The disagrees/agrees buttons - they seemed to have been causing fighting amongst players.
    >
    > As I've posted elsewhere - any feedback both negative (how else is the team going to know what you don't like?!) and positive are welcome - just no fights/flames/trolls and you're good :) thanks.

    Working on? The tag is .ReactFlag the image is sprites-12-000000.png edit image type name Report instead of Flag. Working on makes it sound like they are struggling with it lol. I do know what you mean though which is it's in their to-do it just gave me a chuckle!
  • Jlm0072012Jlm0072012 Posts: 159 Member
    > @Cinebar said:
    > No one but one or two people were complaining about the agree or disagree..everyone was complaining about false flagging. Now why did they remove the features we did like...and keep the ones we hated? I liked the disagree so I didn't have to post a response. Now, people might have to endure more of my answers. >:)

    I seen quite a bit of arguing in the forums about the disagree button. Some simmers were taking offense because people hit the disagree button and they were worried about their stats. But your right there was a lot of arguing about the flagging that was happening when people disliked what other had to say.
  • Shadoza2Shadoza2 Posts: 1,579 Member
    Jlm0072012 wrote: »
    > @Cinebar said:<br />
    > No one but one or two people were complaining about the agree or disagree..everyone was complaining about false flagging. Now why did they remove the features we did like...and keep the ones we hated? I liked the disagree so I didn't have to post a response. Now, people might have to endure more of my answers. >:)<br />
    <br />
    I seen quite a bit of arguing in the forums about the disagree button. Some simmers were taking offense because people hit the disagree button and they were worried about their stats. But your right there was a lot of arguing about the flagging that was happening when people disliked what other had to say.

    All Maxis had to do was remove the totals on the personal page. Then there would be no accumulation. Removing disagree buttons does not prevent arguments, it causes them. This site looks like a Facebook page now.
  • Shadoza2Shadoza2 Posts: 1,579 Member
    Sc3niX wrote: »
    Susiechan wrote: »
    Sc3niX wrote: »
    *_*

    Meow
    Meow
    Meow..

    :( Seeing kittens make me sad. :s

    Owww..sorry to make you sad...but..why ?

    I've been trying to get a kitten for 2 weeks already and most of them have been scams or are way overpriced. :( At least i didn't fall for any of the scams, but still difficult to find a kitten..

    Wow, I never considered kittens as hard to get. We have several friends that have kittens available to good homes. Are you looking for a special type of kitten, maybe?
  • WinMacSims3WinMacSims3 Posts: 1,610 Member
    edited September 2014
    When I first used The Sims' forums, I was kinda mad when I learned that I couldn't post links considering that The Sims 3 always permitted this. That's when I learned that this was changed due to trolling. Also now for some reason, I'm no longer a Member though I have over 50 points.
    Origin ID: GothicSimmer, YouTube: GothicSimmer
  • Shadoza2Shadoza2 Posts: 1,579 Member
    When I first used The Sims' forums, I was kinda mad when I learned that I couldn't post links considering that The Sims 3 always permitted this. That's when I learned that this was changed due to trolling. Also now for some reason, I'm no longer a Member.

    I think taking all the points from agreeing and the deletion of several threads might have something to do with your membership ranking. It does seem like the right thing for a company to do to a consumer.
  • Jlm0072012Jlm0072012 Posts: 159 Member
    edited September 2014
    > @Shadoza2 said:
    > Jlm0072012 wrote: »
    >
    > All Maxis had to do was remove the totals on the personal page. Then there would be no accumulation. Removing disagree buttons does not prevent arguments, it causes them. This site looks like a Facebook page now.

    I agree! :) I was just stating that people argue either way lol
  • wolfkomoki1wolfkomoki1 Posts: 4,985 Member
    edited September 2014
    *Any more
    Also good for you.
  • Sue_D_NimSue_D_Nim Posts: 2,544 Member
    edited September 2014
    Jongarakun wrote: »
    Am I the only one reading the entire first post and the thread title in a twangy, country-music voice?

    Like this? ...
    (relevant lyrics at [1:14] and [2:19] )



    OH! No, no. THIS is the one I was thinking of.
    Post edited by Sue_D_Nim on
  • JongarakunJongarakun Posts: 1,265 Member
    edited September 2014
    See, someone gets me. B]

    (Though, to be fair, I'm totally reading it with this tune and voice... just replace the lyrics)
    Ornery weirdo. My Origin ID is Jongarakun.
    xyIcMqt.png
Sign In or Register to comment.
Return to top