Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims 4 Shader Lists& possibility of help on getting alpha editable hair to work?

Comments

• willow_geekwillow_geek Posts: 12 New Member
    Bump~
  • titanyatitanya Posts: 1 New Member
    We want cool hair, EA!
  • PumpkinSeiPumpkinSei Posts: 7 New Member
    Truly sad. The subject leads nowhere but patiently waiting for developers' attention. :\
  • SiaSimSiaSim Posts: 3 New Member
    bumpity bump bump
  • agusiamalagusiamal Posts: 294 Member
    BUMP!
  • Alicja1957Alicja1957 Posts: 31 Member
    bump!
  • WildfoxWildfox Posts: 8 New Member
    We need this
  • Yvonne2772Yvonne2772 Posts: 174 Member
    BUMP !
    j456ume9wx4u.jpg[img][/img]
  • StephieSimpsonsStephieSimpsons Posts: 24 New Member
    Soo EA.. are you going to ignore us or not?
    Cause it seems like that the people that give you your money are being ignored.
  • SnozzingSnozzing Posts: 4 New Member
    BUMP!!!
  • FlameShaowFlameShaow Posts: 1 New Member
    bump!
  • KtosikKtosik Posts: 88 Member
    BUMP !
  • KilikinaB616KilikinaB616 Posts: 3 New Member
    Has anyone tried tweeting a guru about this or posting in the ask a guru thread here? Maybe that would be better?
  • SimplyBreaSimplyBrea Posts: 145 Member
    I guess we can learn from SL since their hairs are sorta like clay, but they're called sculpties.
  • HodysinHodysin Posts: 9 New Member
    I mean, even though we can't get alpha hair, we could still get CC mesh hair. It's just that it won't be stringy like TS2 and TS3. I still see potential. And wouldn't TS4 style hair be easier to mold? Please don't give up, Modders!
  • beautyandsongbeautyandsong Posts: 93 Member
    > @SimplyBrea said:
    > I guess we can learn from SL since their hairs are sorta like clay, but they're called sculpties.

Sculpties are gone in SL. They've been using mesh for about 5 years or more now and Alpha layers are totally possible there.

Dunno why EA feels the need to remove certain features from the game and not work hard to bring us a complete product that the fans want.
  • PumpkinSeiPumpkinSei Posts: 7 New Member
    edited September 2014
    > @SimplyBrea said:
    > I guess we can learn from SL since their hairs are sorta like clay, but they're called sculpties.

Hair in SL has alpha that covers non alpha mesh. It's not possible to get that working in here without flickering and glitching

> @KilikinaB616 said:
    > Has anyone tried tweeting a guru about this or posting in the ask a guru thread here? Maybe that would be better?

I think someone asked already c.c no answer

P.S.: 1) EA will be tired seeing us QQ and make alpha possible 2) Storm will pass and people will create TS4 style hair.
    We will survive, i hope c:

P.P.S.: alpha in SL is flickering sometimes, a lot. People just get over that problem since SL is from 2003-2004
  • SimplyBreaSimplyBrea Posts: 145 Member
    edited September 2014
    Well I guess you guys are right so for now we're stuck with TS4 hair, figuring out the mesh and get same polys from cloned hair.
    Also it is crazy how we can retexture hair but can't use TS3 hair :neutral_face:
  • LeviniLevini Posts: 45 Member
    > @Hodysin said:
    > I mean, even though we can't get alpha hair, we could still get CC mesh hair. It's just that it won't be stringy like TS2 and TS3. I still see potential. And wouldn't TS4 style hair be easier to mold? Please don't give up, Modders!

Ts4 style hair might be easier to mold with but the problem is still polygon counts. @_orangemittens_ might be able to explain this better than me though.
    -This Space for rent!-
  • JongarakunJongarakun Posts: 1,265 Member
    Instead of having a nice, low-poly rectangular end and letting the texture do the pretty, feathery, semi-realistic strands at the ends (so it doesn't look like a rectangular chunk), we'll have to add more polys and make that feathery look ourselves while we mold it... if I am understanding this correctly.
    Ornery weirdo. My Origin ID is Jongarakun.
    xyIcMqt.png
  • LeviniLevini Posts: 45 Member
    > @Jongarakun said:
    > Instead of having a nice, low-poly rectangular end and letting the texture do the pretty, feathery, semi-realistic strands at the ends (so it doesn't look like a rectangular chunk), we'll have to add more polys and make that feathery look ourselves while we mold it... if I am understanding this correctly.

Pretty much this.
    -This Space for rent!-
  • wiolinka75wiolinka75 Posts: 2 New Member
    BUMP
  • imbuedeleganceimbuedelegance Posts: 1 New Member
    A week with no response is pretty ridiculous. The game is barely half complete as it stands and this is something simmers are passionate about. :\ It's bad enough with toddlers. (Pools aren't as big of a deal since fountains, but toddlers is an entire life stage.) I'd like to see alpha hair as well.
  • eyemytheyemyth Posts: 80 Member
    Bump for alpha!
    eyemythsims.tumblr.com Origin-ID: eyemyth
  • SAGALISAGALI Posts: 53 Member
    my family and my cousins are considering buying this game but the alpha hiar is a big let down just wanted to say. Wouldn't really buy the game if alpha editable hairs were not in´there i don't really care if it is a matter of time developers are somewhere else right now but for me this is a big thing anyone else?