Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Why i don't like the forums no more

Comments

• SapientsimsolidSapientsimsolid Posts: 3,169 Member
    They only did a half step the real culprit is the flag button since some are drawn to the flag button like bees on honey, flagging
    for abuse when there really was no abuse.
  • SusiechanSusiechan Posts: 3,034 Member
    Simlirious wrote: »
    Susiechan wrote: »
    A discussion without the ability to agree or disagree with words feels rather strange indeed. Let's face it, we all agreed and disagreed a lot with people in real life and made it known without making a sound, just nodding or shaking your head has value. So I am all for the implementation of the agree/disagree option.

I would want a disagree button in real life so I can avoid having to debate.

You can, just nod or shake your head while giving them a look like this:

I disagree

I agree
    Skulltec wrote: »
    therefore i have to go back to release of TS4. People were talking, discuss and reading thoughts of others. Now a few weeks later we know almost everything about the game and the activity is slowly going down. Not a such hype anymore, maybe it'll come back with a new EP announcement but that is just normal.. the latest and most stupid idea i think is to remove the Disagree and spam button. Sure people get flagged for no reason but still...let's say some one starts a discussion and we don't agree with them. Now you gotta need to post a answer to them and letting know that you don't like it? It's like every one has right..only like and lol left hmm.. EA Started good with the forums i believe they really did and like everything they are making stuff worse everytime again.. they did it quick with this forum:| you might don't like my post but why should i bother there's no disagree no more

I think it's just to encourage you to be more active in the forum instead of lurking and hiding behind the buttons :).

What's wrong with saying "I disagree with you" directly to that person ? I understand that you may feel like that person may attack you or angry with you, but you have to stand up for yourself.

Now, how I wish the privacy setting in "my profile" is back. Then I can set who are allowed to see and post on my wall or not.

I suddenly feel like a total noob again! The wall... did they merge the old TS3 one with TS4 or is there a new version I somehow managed to miss?

I don't know what you call that but you are able to post something in your profile or other profile, right, on the activy box there ? I call that page "wall"

I am not trying to be funny or anything, but I am really confused atm. When it was said "the wall" I assumed the "my page" thingie TS3 has, am I mistaken? Really feeling a noob again.

Actually, they are "my wall" to me, in both forum :).
  • SimliriousSimlirious Posts: 151 Member
    A discussion without the ability to agree or disagree with words feels rather strange indeed. Let's face it, we all agreed and disagreed a lot with people in real life and made it known without making a sound, just nodding or shaking your head has value. So I am all for the implementation of the agree/disagree option.

I would want a disagree button in real life so I can avoid having to debate.

You can, just nod or shake your head while giving them a look like this:

I disagree

I agree
    Skulltec wrote: »
    therefore i have to go back to release of TS4. People were talking, discuss and reading thoughts of others. Now a few weeks later we know almost everything about the game and the activity is slowly going down. Not a such hype anymore, maybe it'll come back with a new EP announcement but that is just normal.. the latest and most stupid idea i think is to remove the Disagree and spam button. Sure people get flagged for no reason but still...let's say some one starts a discussion and we don't agree with them. Now you gotta need to post a answer to them and letting know that you don't like it? It's like every one has right..only like and lol left hmm.. EA Started good with the forums i believe they really did and like everything they are making stuff worse everytime again.. they did it quick with this forum:| you might don't like my post but why should i bother there's no disagree no more

I think it's just to encourage you to be more active in the forum instead of lurking and hiding behind the buttons :).

What's wrong with saying "I disagree with you" directly to that person ? I understand that you may feel like that person may attack you or angry with you, but you have to stand up for yourself.

Now, how I wish the privacy setting in "my profile" is back. Then I can set who are allowed to see and post on my wall or not.

I suddenly feel like a total noob again! The wall... did they merge the old TS3 one with TS4 or is there a new version I somehow managed to miss?

I don't know what you call that but you are able to post something in your profile or other profile, right, on the activy box there ? I call that page "wall"

I am not trying to be funny or anything, but I am really confused atm. When it was said "the wall" I assumed the "my page" thingie TS3 has, am I mistaken? Really feeling a noob again.

Please pardon my ignorance, but how do you access that wall?
    faytheful wrote: »
    They only did a half step the real culprit is the flag button since some are drawn to the flag button like bees on honey, flagging

The current flag button is similar to report button in the old TS3 forum. Therefore, I am fine with that.
  • Boom344Boom344 Posts: 46 New Member
    > @Skulltec said:
    > therefore i have to go back to release of TS4. People were talking, discuss and reading thoughts of others. Now a few weeks later we know almost everything about the game and the activity is slowly going down. Not a such hype anymore, maybe it'll come back with a new EP announcement but that is just normal.. the latest and most stupid idea i think is to remove the Disagree and spam button. Sure people get flagged for no reason but still...let's say some one starts a discussion and we don't agree with them. Now you gotta need to post a answer to them and letting know that you don't like it? It's like every one has right..only like and lol left hmm.. EA Started good with the forums i believe they really did and like everything they are making stuff worse everytime again.. they did it quick with this forum:| you might don't like my post but why should i bother there's no disagree no more

Maybe they would like you to post WHY you disagree insted of just hitting a button and giving no explaination.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 New Member
    Rflong7 wrote: »

Agree with privacy. See, I needed that agree without having to explain myself, but didn't agree with all of it....All they had to do was correct the flag system...and turn it all into a report system and explain why like on the TS3.

I am actually indifferent about this subject agree or disagree buttons.

At the beginning, I didn't like it. I used to think it was a cowardice act to hide behind a disagree button and abuse it. After some time, I got used to it. Yesterday, I was a bit shock knowing that these buttons were removed, but when I thought about it, it's probably better that way.

WARNING: Incoming Unpopular Opinion

Clicking the "disagree" button was certainly not an act of bravery particularly for people who thought that no one could tell who was doing it. I don't think it contributed much in the way of usefulness to the forums either. It never answered a tech question. It didn't foster discussion. It didn't make anyone a better Simmer. It sometimes made people feel angry, hurt, or harassed. And, it was abused plenty by people who would go either follow certain members around and disagree with every single comment they made or go through someone's profile and hit the disagree hundreds of times just for kicks.

Flags, on the other hand, did have a use. Although the flags were definitely abused, they did sometimes come in handy in blocking out troll static before the mods got there. The mod presence has been stepped up on the boards, but is not quite as reliable as I get the impression they think it is. Although I think that just getting rid of them was one solution, I think an alternate solution might have been making giving a flag out cost some points 2, 5, 10 or whatever. I think this would have prevented people who don't participate from being able to flag since they didn't have points and discouraged rampant abuse of the system -- certainly would have prevented one or two people giving out over a thousand flags. They could have done the same with the agrees. Use it when you mean it, and when you've contributed.

So, I'm one who is glad the buttons are gone. If they get rid of the "like" and "LOL" it would be even better. It would feel more like a discussion forum and less like a Facebook/Twitter style popularity contest or Sims MMORPG where you create an avatar, choose a personality, go online, fight for points, and mess up other players. :)

Could you click your profile or your own user name ? I left a message on "your wall"
  • Sc3niXSc3niX Posts: 2,468 Member
    I approve of this system more, now i don't have to see people crying about flags, or disagrees etc.
  • CrackseedCrackseed Posts: 5,209 Member
    Sc3niX wrote: »
    I approve of this system more, now i don't have to see people crying about flags, or disagrees etc.

No, now I'll just message you privately sobbing about LOL counts...
    y9UdOhq.png
    "My spirit animal can beat up your spirit animal"
    ~ Origin ID: DaCrackseed ~
    greenXen wrote: »
    Rflong7 wrote: »

Agree with privacy. See, I needed that agree without having to explain myself, but didn't agree with all of it....All they had to do was correct the flag system...and turn it all into a report system and explain why like on the TS3.

I am actually indifferent about this subject agree or disagree buttons.

At the beginning, I didn't like it. I used to think it was a cowardice act to hide behind a disagree button and abuse it. After some time, I got used to it. Yesterday, I was a bit shock knowing that these buttons were removed, but when I thought about it, it's probably better that way.

WARNING: Incoming Unpopular Opinion

Clicking the "disagree" button was certainly not an act of bravery particularly for people who thought that no one could tell who was doing it. I don't think it contributed much in the way of usefulness to the forums either. It never answered a tech question. It didn't foster discussion. It didn't make anyone a better Simmer. It sometimes made people feel angry, hurt, or harassed. And, it was abused plenty by people who would go either follow certain members around and disagree with every single comment they made or go through someone's profile and hit the disagree hundreds of times just for kicks.

Flags, on the other hand, did have a use. Although the flags were definitely abused, they did sometimes come in handy in blocking out troll static before the mods got there. The mod presence has been stepped up on the boards, but is not quite as reliable as I get the impression they think it is. Although I think that just getting rid of them was one solution, I think an alternate solution might have been making giving a flag out cost some points 2, 5, 10 or whatever. I think this would have prevented people who don't participate from being able to flag since they didn't have points and discouraged rampant abuse of the system -- certainly would have prevented one or two people giving out over a thousand flags. They could have done the same with the agrees. Use it when you mean it, and when you've contributed.

So, I'm one who is glad the buttons are gone. If they get rid of the "like" and "LOL" it would be even better. It would feel more like a discussion forum and less like a Facebook/Twitter style popularity contest or Sims MMORPG where you create an avatar, choose a personality, go online, fight for points, and mess up other players. :)

@greenXen, I like you :mrgreen: . (no worry I am not declaring any affection to you :p )

You explained it better than me.

But if they get rid of the "Like" and "LOL" buttons, how am are going to like you or lol at you ?

I can't go around saying "I like you" every time you post something that I like...it makes me looks like a not-so-secret admirer :mrgreen: .
  • SapientsimsolidSapientsimsolid Posts: 3,169 Member
    faytheful wrote: »

The current flag button is similar to report button in the old TS3 forum. Therefore, I am fine with that.
    yes its similar but its misused more here imo

• SimliriousSimlirious Posts: 151 Member

Could you click your profile or your own user name ? I left a message on "your wall"

Thank you, it seems that the fact that I am usually very anti-social made me miss this completely.

So... a deserved *hugs*!
    Crackseed wrote: »

LOL is the new disagree button? :O

• 2011simone2011simone Posts: 2,444 Member
    Cinebar wrote: »
    Cinebar wrote: »
    No disagrees make the game look better, this wasn't simply to remove the buttons for arguments' sake. It also diminishes the agrees and reduces the ranks of those who had many agrees which were not as happy with this game as those who still play it. That way the ones who 'now' get a lot of likes will become the leaders in the activity section...this makes the game all look better as those who had many agrees with what they didn't like posts are gone under their profiles and no one visiting can see why people agreed with them. If that's not the case then they could have just fixed the flag system. See? If it wasn't to make the game look better then I will eat my hat. Their rating system backfired as more people who wrote more negative responses wound up being what they deemed 'leaders'. Those people, including myself didn't ask for those titles nor want them, but EA's point system backfired and they had to fix that and make it look better for the 'game', because if more people were agreeing with those who are negative, then what must that look like to those who are just looking around on the forums?

Then the haters can lead in terms of likes.
    In absence of "agree" people will just use "like".

No, the likes were not as many as the agrees, therefore the so called leaders will be knocked down eventually since their likes didn't equal their 3K agrees...see...they intend to topsy turvy the playing field. It was a backfire for them.

But i saw just as many if not more disagrees on these negative posts, especially after the game was released.
    My origin id is sim2011
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 New Member
    @greenXen, I like you :mrgreen: . (no worry I am not declaring any affection to you :p )

But if they get rid of the "Like" and "LOL" buttons, how am are going to like you or lol at you ?

I can't go around saying "I like you" every time you post something that I like...it makes me looks like a not-so-secret admirer :mrgreen: .

Too late. You said it. No backsies.
  • Biotic_WarlockBiotic_Warlock Posts: 11,063 Member

LOL is the new disagree button? :O

I clicked LOL, but I sense a paradox.
    I disagreed by clicking LOL, but I disagreed that LOL is disagree, but...
    Gallery ID: Biotic_Warlock
    To me LOL is now either "You're so hilarious I'd wife/husband you right now" or "That was such a derpy statement of derpgantuous proportions the only thing I can do is laugh and weep for the future of our species..."

Your mileage my vary but I'm telling you here and now...with disagree/agree gone? LOL has finally put on his big boy pants and said "Now is my time to shine..."
    y9UdOhq.png

Thank you, it seems that the fact that I am usually very anti-social made me miss this completely.

So... a deserved *hugs*!

beautiful-cat-cute-dancing-hug-Favim.com-280021.jpg

greenXen wrote: »

Too late. You said it. No backsies.

xRL4L.gif
  • I_Luv_LindsayI_Luv_Lindsay Posts: 294 Member
    Where's the flag button when you need it?
    I'm the queen bee
    To me LOL is now either "You're so hilarious I'd wife/husband you right now" or "That was such a derpy statement of derpgantuous proportions the only thing I can do is laugh and weep for the future of our species..."

Your mileage my vary but I'm telling you here and now...with disagree/agree gone? LOL has finally put on his big boy pants and said "Now is my time to shine..."

You gave me headache.

You gave me headache.

Clearly my mission is a success :)
    y9UdOhq.png
  • Bear31Bear31 Posts: 3,412 Member
    Been here, done that thread about a MILLION TIMES OVER........I understand, you are entitled to post opinions.......but threads like this one gets closed more often than not because there's always a fight that breaks out......no matter if you are talking about not liking the sims 4 or the forums. Get ready for the strong opinions to come forth......

*waits with marshmallows at the ready*

So... a deserved *hugs*!

beautiful-cat-cute-dancing-hug-Favim.com-280021.jpg

*_*

Meow
    Meow
    Meow..

:( Seeing kittens make me sad. :s
  • SimsFurSimsFur Posts: 1,998 Member
    edited September 2014
    This forum looks more like its getting posessed by childs who dont know how to read, communicate and give an honest opinion other than throwing their own complexes into a subject that eventually has nothing to do with it. Most of it doesnt have anything to with the game, giving useful feedback and can possibly make this game better for anyone. It is not seen by them that they are ruining it for themselves. The threads people were opening and discussing about in the old forum had great ideas and good feedback! Because of that, EA could use some useful thoughts from their fans, but this.. dont be surprised if they will turn it more into a child game and take more features out, cause the public is just like it.. but oh well.

Who would want a greater version of the sims anyway, right? Cause the sims 4 is so great, it can't be made any better! ... ehm no dont think so