July 27th - Bug Fixes! Catch up on the fixes with the latest patch click here
July 30th - It's time for our Friday Highlights! You can check them out here!

Why i don't like the forums no more

Comments

  • Biotic_WarlockBiotic_Warlock Posts: 11,063 Member
    Simlirious wrote: »

    I suddenly feel like a total noob again! The wall... did they merge the old TS3 one with TS4 or is there a new version I somehow managed to miss?

    The old with the new, hence a lot of previously banned accounts got unbanned...
    ... except for some reason one of mine.
    Gallery ID: Biotic_Warlock
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 32,882 Member
    Lol @Susiechan, His other personalities hated this game...his new persona loves it. Does Innuedo (spelling?) and his other avatars ring a bell?
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

    https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/958714/cinebar-custom-content-clothes-updating-links/p1


  • SusiechanSusiechan Posts: 3,034 Member
    Simlirious wrote: »
    Simlirious wrote: »
    A discussion without the ability to agree or disagree with words feels rather strange indeed. Let's face it, we all agreed and disagreed a lot with people in real life and made it known without making a sound, just nodding or shaking your head has value. So I am all for the implementation of the agree/disagree option.

    I would want a disagree button in real life so I can avoid having to debate.

    You can, just nod or shake your head while giving them a look like this:


    I disagree

    I agree
  • Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,360 Member
    Rflong7 wrote: »
    I disagree. I like Discussion... in a Forum. :D

    *It was only on this site- and this site was only here for a very short time. I only need to flag when needed. I really don't need a lol or like. :D MOO

    Most discussions have been nice here...
    ... it's just the threw where people are like
    "OMG u haz no opinionz because you are plummity plum grapefruit mango banana of a simmer"
    Yeah no that was what flags were for.

    What? Didn't I say that? Except the part about nice discussions. :D
  • Biotic_WarlockBiotic_Warlock Posts: 11,063 Member
    edited September 2014
    Susiechan wrote: »
    Simlirious wrote: »
    Simlirious wrote: »
    A discussion without the ability to agree or disagree with words feels rather strange indeed. Let's face it, we all agreed and disagreed a lot with people in real life and made it known without making a sound, just nodding or shaking your head has value. So I am all for the implementation of the agree/disagree option.
    I would want a disagree button in real life so I can avoid having to debate.
    You can, just nod or shake your head while giving them a look like this:
    I disagree
    I agree
    e162134d7f668b0b7ed0897c3dac3f7102089382e8a7112f7d801d9656528c6a.jpg
    Rflong7 wrote: »
    Rflong7 wrote: »
    I disagree. I like Discussion... in a Forum. :D
    *It was only on this site- and this site was only here for a very short time. I only need to flag when needed. I really don't need a lol or like. :D MOO
    Most discussions have been nice here...
    ... it's just the threw where people are like
    "OMG u haz no opinionz because you are plummity plum grapefruit mango banana of a simmer"
    Yeah no that was what flags were for.
    What? Didn't I say that? Except the part about nice discussions. :D
    Omg, you have to grapefruiting point out that ;)
    I feel like such a Plum-cake.
    Gallery ID: Biotic_Warlock
  • JongarakunJongarakun Posts: 1,265 Member
    Am I the only one reading the entire first post and the thread title in a twangy, country-music voice?
    Ornery weirdo. My Origin ID is Jongarakun.
    xyIcMqt.png
  • SimliriousSimlirious Posts: 151 Member
    Simlirious wrote: »

    I suddenly feel like a total noob again! The wall... did they merge the old TS3 one with TS4 or is there a new version I somehow managed to miss?

    The old with the new, hence a lot of previously banned accounts got unbanned...
    ... except for some reason one of mine.

    Thanks, it seems that all that could post on my wall are still playing TS3 then... I think. Heck I never really understood how the wall worked. :(
  • SusiechanSusiechan Posts: 3,034 Member
    edited September 2014
    Simlirious wrote: »
    Susiechan wrote: »
    Skulltec wrote: »
    therefore i have to go back to release of TS4. People were talking, discuss and reading thoughts of others. Now a few weeks later we know almost everything about the game and the activity is slowly going down. Not a such hype anymore, maybe it'll come back with a new EP announcement but that is just normal.. the latest and most stupid idea i think is to remove the Disagree and spam button. Sure people get flagged for no reason but still...let's say some one starts a discussion and we don't agree with them. Now you gotta need to post a answer to them and letting know that you don't like it? It's like every one has right..only like and lol left hmm.. EA Started good with the forums i believe they really did and like everything they are making stuff worse everytime again.. they did it quick with this forum:| you might don't like my post but why should i bother there's no disagree no more

    I think it's just to encourage you to be more active in the forum instead of lurking and hiding behind the buttons :).

    What's wrong with saying "I disagree with you" directly to that person ? I understand that you may feel like that person may attack you or angry with you, but you have to stand up for yourself.

    Now, how I wish the privacy setting in "my profile" is back. Then I can set who are allowed to see and post on my wall or not.

    I suddenly feel like a total noob again! The wall... did they merge the old TS3 one with TS4 or is there a new version I somehow managed to miss?

    I don't know what you call that but you are able to post something in your profile or other profile, right, on the activy box there ? I call that page "wall"
  • SimliriousSimlirious Posts: 151 Member
    Jongarakun wrote: »
    Am I the only one reading the entire first post and the thread title in a twangy, country-music voice?

    I think I can pretty safely say: ... yes! ;)
  • Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,360 Member
    edited September 2014
    Jongarakun wrote: »
    Am I the only one reading the entire first post and the thread title in a twangy, country-music voice?

    Probably. ;)
  • SusiechanSusiechan Posts: 3,034 Member
    edited September 2014
    Cinebar wrote: »
    Susiechan wrote: »
    Skulltec wrote: »
    therefore i have to go back to release of TS4. People were talking, discuss and reading thoughts of others. Now a few weeks later we know almost everything about the game and the activity is slowly going down. Not a such hype anymore, maybe it'll come back with a new EP announcement but that is just normal.. the latest and most stupid idea i think is to remove the Disagree and spam button. Sure people get flagged for no reason but still...let's say some one starts a discussion and we don't agree with them. Now you gotta need to post a answer to them and letting know that you don't like it? It's like every one has right..only like and lol left hmm.. EA Started good with the forums i believe they really did and like everything they are making stuff worse everytime again.. they did it quick with this forum:| you might don't like my post but why should i bother there's no disagree no more

    I think it's just to encourage you to be more active in the forum instead of lurking and hiding behind the buttons :).

    What's wrong with saying "I disagree with you" directly to that person ? I understand that you may feel like that person may attack you or angry with you, but you have to stand up for yourself.

    Now, how I wish the privacy setting in "my profile" is back. Then I can set who are allowed to see and post on my wall or not.

    Agree with privacy. See, I needed that agree without having to explain myself, but didn't agree with all of it....All they had to do was correct the flag system...and turn it all into a report system and explain why like on the TS3.

    I am actually indifferent about this subject agree or disagree buttons.

    At the beginning, I didn't like it. I used to think it was a cowardice act to hide behind a disagree button and abuse it. After some time, I got used to it. Yesterday, I was a bit shock knowing that these buttons were removed, but when I thought about it, it's probably better that way.

    Edited to add

    Most of my disagree because I say "I like TS3" or "I don't like TS4". I am just wondering why people need to disagree about what I feel as if they are saying "No, you don't like TS3" or "No, you like TS4" :p.

    I found it plum.
  • SimliriousSimlirious Posts: 151 Member
    Susiechan wrote: »
    Simlirious wrote: »
    Simlirious wrote: »
    A discussion without the ability to agree or disagree with words feels rather strange indeed. Let's face it, we all agreed and disagreed a lot with people in real life and made it known without making a sound, just nodding or shaking your head has value. So I am all for the implementation of the agree/disagree option.

    I would want a disagree button in real life so I can avoid having to debate.

    You can, just nod or shake your head while giving them a look like this:


    I disagree

    I agree
    Simlirious wrote: »
    Susiechan wrote: »
    Skulltec wrote: »
    therefore i have to go back to release of TS4. People were talking, discuss and reading thoughts of others. Now a few weeks later we know almost everything about the game and the activity is slowly going down. Not a such hype anymore, maybe it'll come back with a new EP announcement but that is just normal.. the latest and most stupid idea i think is to remove the Disagree and spam button. Sure people get flagged for no reason but still...let's say some one starts a discussion and we don't agree with them. Now you gotta need to post a answer to them and letting know that you don't like it? It's like every one has right..only like and lol left hmm.. EA Started good with the forums i believe they really did and like everything they are making stuff worse everytime again.. they did it quick with this forum:| you might don't like my post but why should i bother there's no disagree no more

    I think it's just to encourage you to be more active in the forum instead of lurking and hiding behind the buttons :).

    What's wrong with saying "I disagree with you" directly to that person ? I understand that you may feel like that person may attack you or angry with you, but you have to stand up for yourself.

    Now, how I wish the privacy setting in "my profile" is back. Then I can set who are allowed to see and post on my wall or not.

    I suddenly feel like a total noob again! The wall... did they merge the old TS3 one with TS4 or is there a new version I somehow managed to miss?

    I don't know what you call that but you are able to post something in your profile or other profile, right, on the activy box there ? I call that page "wall"

    I am not trying to be funny or anything, but I am really confused atm. When it was said "the wall" I assumed the "my page" thingie TS3 has, am I mistaken? Really feeling a noob again.
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 32,882 Member
    Simlirious wrote: »
    Cinebar wrote: »
    Jlm0072012 wrote: »
    I believe and I may be wrong here but a lot of people on the forum were complaining about the disagree button and I think that's why it was removed. When I would read through the comments the disagree button was starting drama and causing simmers to argue back and forth. (Not like this doesn't happen anyway) I liked having the option to disagree it was fun.

    No one but one or two people were complaining about the agree or disagree..everyone was complaining about false flagging. Now why did they remove the features we did like...and keep the ones we hated? I liked the disagree so I didn't have to post a response. Now, people might have to endure more of my answers. >:)

    The horror! >:)

    Honestly, I agree though.

    Yes, I know of one or two who said it was just a 'forum' game and they didn't want the disagrees...couldn't handle it I guess. I agree (lol) some abused it if they didn't like a person, but for the most part it worked very well. Some people don't want to ever hear someone doesn't agree with them. They are going to find out later life doesn't work that way, sadly and be ill prepared, it's a huge diverse world. And if they are being taught everyone just like or not say anything they are in for a rude awakening. Wars are started over disagrees.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

    https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/958714/cinebar-custom-content-clothes-updating-links/p1


  • Starglitters9909Starglitters9909 Posts: 2,524 Member
    Cinebar wrote: »
    Skulltec wrote: »
    therefore i have to go back to release of TS4. People were talking, discuss and reading thoughts of others. Now a few weeks later we know almost everything about the game and the activity is slowly going down. Not a such hype anymore, maybe it'll come back with a new EP announcement but that is just normal.. the latest and most stupid idea i think is to remove the Disagree and spam button. Sure people get flagged for no reason but still...let's say some one starts a discussion and we don't agree with them. Now you gotta need to post a answer to them and letting know that you don't like it? It's like every one has right..only like and lol left hmm.. EA Started good with the forums i believe they really did and like everything they are making stuff worse everytime again.. they did it quick with this forum:| you might don't like my post but why should i bother there's no disagree no more

    No disagrees make the game look better, this wasn't simply to remove the buttons for arguments' sake. It also diminishes the agrees and reduces the ranks of those who had many agrees which were not as happy with this game as those who still play it. That way the ones who 'now' get a lot of likes will become the leaders in the activity section...this makes the game all look better as those who had many agrees with what they didn't like posts are gone under their profiles and no one visiting can see why people agreed with them. If that's not the case then they could have just fixed the flag system. See? If it wasn't to make the game look better then I will eat my hat. Their rating system backfired as more people who wrote more negative responses wound up being what they deemed 'leaders'. Those people, including myself didn't ask for those titles nor want them, but EA's point system backfired and they had to fix that and make it look better for the 'game', because if more people were agreeing with those who are negative, then what must that look like to those who are just looking around on the forums?

    I agree. I thought the very same thing when I saw they were gone. EA didn't remove them to please anyone on here but to try to make the game look better for them.
    6cca377d-2512-4319-9ce5-8f4c646cf7f8_zpsa768ec53.jpg
  • SimliriousSimlirious Posts: 151 Member
    Cinebar wrote: »
    Simlirious wrote: »
    Cinebar wrote: »
    Jlm0072012 wrote: »
    I believe and I may be wrong here but a lot of people on the forum were complaining about the disagree button and I think that's why it was removed. When I would read through the comments the disagree button was starting drama and causing simmers to argue back and forth. (Not like this doesn't happen anyway) I liked having the option to disagree it was fun.

    No one but one or two people were complaining about the agree or disagree..everyone was complaining about false flagging. Now why did they remove the features we did like...and keep the ones we hated? I liked the disagree so I didn't have to post a response. Now, people might have to endure more of my answers. >:)

    The horror! >:)

    Honestly, I agree though.

    Yes, I know of one or two who said it was just a 'forum' game and they didn't want the disagrees...couldn't handle it I guess. I agree (lol) some abused it if they didn't like a person, but for the most part it worked very well. Some people don't want to ever hear someone doesn't agree with them. They are going to find out later life doesn't work that way, sadly and be ill prepared, it's a huge diverse world. And if they are being taught everyone just like or not say anything they are in for a rude awakening. Wars are started over disagrees.

    Sadly with most things in life it is the vocal minority that ruins it for the majority. Personally sometimes I prefer the option to click on a disagree button instead of saying why I disagree since the reason why may, or definitely will in some cases, cause far more distress than a number next to the disagree button. :)
  • SusiechanSusiechan Posts: 3,034 Member
    Cinebar wrote: »
    Lol @Susiechan, His other personalities hated this game...his new persona loves it. Does Innuedo (spelling?) and his other avatars ring a bell?

    I am totally aware of who he was, @Cinebar :). Sometimes I despite him, sometimes I pity him, most of the time I disagree with him, but sometimes he also make me laugh.

    I have learnt to never taken him seriously like some other trolls in this forum :mrgreen: (well except the ❤️❤️❤️❤️ trolls)
  • SimliriousSimlirious Posts: 151 Member
    *looks around at his home*

    @Starglitters9909 could I please borrow your cat for... *looks around again*, a few weeks? :D
  • sparkfairy1sparkfairy1 Posts: 11,453 Member
    Cinebar wrote: »
    Atomicus wrote: »
    OMG why do the people who hate the game try to make out like everything's a conspiracy!? I'm pretty sure people who were on the fence about buying it would have come here and decided hmm lemme look who has the most agrees, OMG it's the people who dislike it! When in actual fact, you guys got the most disagrees. @Cinebar.

    No, I had 3K agrees, and 900 disagrees...sorry wrong.

    Yes and a reasonable sims4 player who is disappointed here. I had 7 dislikes, and over 200 agrees. I have to agree I think they were trying to bring down the amount of agrees on disappointed posts. Not just HATERS like everyone seems to be labelled if you aren't 100% into 4-just people who are disappointed and reasonable-looking for acknowledgement that there appears to be a big problem when many passionate sims fans have disappointment on playing this game.
  • Biotic_WarlockBiotic_Warlock Posts: 11,063 Member
    Cinebar wrote: »
    Atomicus wrote: »
    OMG why do the people who hate the game try to make out like everything's a conspiracy!? I'm pretty sure people who were on the fence about buying it would have come here and decided hmm lemme look who has the most agrees, OMG it's the people who dislike it! When in actual fact, you guys got the most disagrees. @Cinebar.

    No, I had 3K agrees, and 900 disagrees...sorry wrong.

    Yes and a reasonable sims4 player who is disappointed here. I had 7 dislikes, and over 200 agrees. I have to agree I think they were trying to bring down the amount of agrees on disappointed posts. Not just HATERS like everyone seems to be labelled if you aren't 100% into 4-just people who are disappointed and reasonable-looking for acknowledgement that there appears to be a big problem when many passionate sims fans have disappointment on playing this game.

    I had 1200 agrees and 183 disagrees.
    I've been more so pro-sims 4, but sometimes neutral so... meh.
    Gallery ID: Biotic_Warlock
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 32,882 Member
    Cinebar wrote: »
    Atomicus wrote: »
    OMG why do the people who hate the game try to make out like everything's a conspiracy!? I'm pretty sure people who were on the fence about buying it would have come here and decided hmm lemme look who has the most agrees, OMG it's the people who dislike it! When in actual fact, you guys got the most disagrees. @Cinebar.

    No, I had 3K agrees, and 900 disagrees...sorry wrong.

    Yes and a reasonable sims4 player who is disappointed here. I had 7 dislikes, and over 200 agrees. I have to agree I think they were trying to bring down the amount of agrees on disappointed posts. Not just HATERS like everyone seems to be labelled if you aren't 100% into 4-just people who are disappointed and reasonable-looking for acknowledgement that there appears to be a big problem when many passionate sims fans have disappointment on playing this game.

    Yes, my point exactly. I guess we agree. lol
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

    https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/958714/cinebar-custom-content-clothes-updating-links/p1


  • sparkfairy1sparkfairy1 Posts: 11,453 Member
    I don't post that often so over a few days I gained that many agrees.
    I cannot abide the total rudeness on both sides-and what is ridiculous is that it's a spectrum! From people who love sims 4 to those who detest it. I don't write off 4 but there are some issues that ruin it for me and that's why I want to know EA are listening. It has potential I hope-I just hope they aren't too proud to listen to people's feedback. That would be a mistake.
  • CrackseedCrackseed Posts: 5,209 Member
    Despite the issues with the disagree/agree system, I didn't mind it - even when I inadvertently smacked the hornet hive with the more "entrenched" Sims 4 dislike camp, I felt like most of the disagrees were simply that. They didn't agree - no hate or malice really.

    It was only the flag system that I find was completely out of line in use. It was spiteful and pathetic to use it in the way many people would try - just because you disagree/dislike the opinion, no matter how strongly, it's NOT abuse nor spam.
    y9UdOhq.png
    "My spirit animal can beat up your spirit animal"
    ~ Origin ID: DaCrackseed ~
  • sparkfairy1sparkfairy1 Posts: 11,453 Member
    Crackseed wrote: »
    Despite the issues with the disagree/agree system, I didn't mind it - even when I inadvertently smacked the hornet hive with the more "entrenched" Sims 4 dislike camp, I felt like most of the disagrees were simply that. They didn't agree - no hate or malice really.

    It was only the flag system that I find was completely out of line in use. It was spiteful and pathetic to use it in the way many people would try - just because you disagree/dislike the opinion, no matter how strongly, it's NOT abuse nor spam.

    Totally. I've never flagged anyone.
  • JongarakunJongarakun Posts: 1,265 Member
    Rflong7 wrote: »
    Jongarakun wrote: »
    Am I the only one reading the entire first post and the thread title in a twangy, country-music voice?

    Probably. ;)
    Oh come on, it's the double negatives. ;P Why i don't like the forums no more... "you might don't like my post but why should i bother there's no disagree no more"

    I'm too distracted to comment on anything else. ='[
    Ornery weirdo. My Origin ID is Jongarakun.
    xyIcMqt.png
  • Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,360 Member
    edited September 2014
    Susiechan wrote: »

    I am actually indifferent about this subject agree or disagree buttons.

    At the beginning, I didn't like it. I used to think it was a cowardice act to hide behind a disagree button and abuse it. After some time, I got used to it. Yesterday, I was a bit shock knowing that these buttons were removed, but when I thought about it, it's probably better that way.

    Edited to add

    Most of my disagree because I say "I like TS3" or "I don't like TS4". I am just wondering why people need to disagree about what I feel as if they are saying "No, you don't like TS3" or "No, you like TS4" :p.

    I found it plum.

    I agree and felt the same way. :D
    Post edited by Rflong7 on
Sign In or Register to comment.
Return to top