Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Why i don't like the forums no more

SkulltecSkulltec Posts: 474 Member
edited September 2014 in Forum Ideas & Feedback
therefore i have to go back to release of TS4. People were talking, discuss and reading thoughts of others. Now a few weeks later we know almost everything about the game and the activity is slowly going down. Not a such hype anymore, maybe it'll come back with a new EP announcement but that is just normal.. the latest and most stupid idea i think is to remove the Disagree and spam button. Sure people get flagged for no reason but still...let's say some one starts a discussion and we don't agree with them. Now you gotta need to post a answer to them and letting know that you don't like it? It's like every one has right..only like and lol left hmm.. EA Started good with the forums i believe they really did and like everything they are making stuff worse everytime again.. they did it quick with this forum:| you might don't like my post but why should i bother there's no disagree no more

Comments

• dark5id3dark5id3 Posts: 2,476 Member
    I disagree...................................just joking!
    2rxu2ph.png
  • Biotic_WarlockBiotic_Warlock Posts: 11,063 Member
    I agree.
    Uhr I feel dirty because I had to say it.
    Posting to confirm agreement is so... barbaric.
    Gallery ID: Biotic_Warlock
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    Skulltec wrote: »
    therefore i have to go back to release of TS4. People were talking, discuss and reading thoughts of others. Now a few weeks later we know almost everything about the game and the activity is slowly going down. Not a such hype anymore, maybe it'll come back with a new EP announcement but that is just normal.. the latest and most stupid idea i think is to remove the Disagree and spam button. Sure people get flagged for no reason but still...let's say some one starts a discussion and we don't agree with them. Now you gotta need to post a answer to them and letting know that you don't like it? It's like every one has right..only like and lol left hmm.. EA Started good with the forums i believe they really did and like everything they are making stuff worse everytime again.. they did it quick with this forum:| you might don't like my post but why should i bother there's no disagree no more

No disagrees make the game look better, this wasn't simply to remove the buttons for arguments' sake. It also diminishes the agrees and reduces the ranks of those who had many agrees which were not as happy with this game as those who still play it. That way the ones who 'now' get a lot of likes will become the leaders in the activity section...this makes the game all look better as those who had many agrees with what they didn't like posts are gone under their profiles and no one visiting can see why people agreed with them. If that's not the case then they could have just fixed the flag system. See? If it wasn't to make the game look better then I will eat my hat. Their rating system backfired as more people who wrote more negative responses wound up being what they deemed 'leaders'. Those people, including myself didn't ask for those titles nor want them, but EA's point system backfired and they had to fix that and make it look better for the 'game', because if more people were agreeing with those who are negative, then what must that look like to those who are just looking around on the forums?
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • cauliflowerscauliflowers Posts: 5,782 Member
    discussion forum
    TL8ZBmw.gif
  • DariuDariu Posts: 3,120 Member
    i agree to disagree and then disagree to agree once more
    but now we cannot agree to disagree that when we disagree with the agree we can disagree the disagreement to agree with the disagree that we agree with our thoughts on the topic which we were agreeing to disagree once more.
  • Jessa_DakkarJessa_Dakkar Posts: 9,737 Member
    Most of the people who 'disagreed' with me were people I'd never before seen posting on the forums. If what it takes to bring them out into the community and participate in at least a somewhat meaningful way is to force them to actually construct a post to let me know how obviously wrong my opinion is or how much they disagree with my statements, then yay. Bring 'em outta lurk mode. If they can't be fussed to be a participating member of the forums, they really didn't need to be going around clicking the disagree button like a maniac at every turn. Welcome to the community, lurkers. Speak your mind.
    Cinebar wrote: »
    No disagrees make the game look better, this wasn't simply to remove the buttons for arguments' sake. It also diminishes the agrees and reduces the ranks of those who had many agrees which were not as happy with this game as those who still play it. That way the ones who 'now' get a lot of likes will become the leaders in the activity section...this makes the game all look better as those who had many agrees with what they didn't like posts are gone under their profiles and no one visiting can see why people agreed with them. If that's not the case then they could have just fixed the flag system. See? If it wasn't to make the game look better then I will eat my hat. Their rating system backfired as more people who wrote more negative responses wound up being what they deemed 'leaders'. Those people, including myself didn't ask for those titles nor want them, but EA's point system backfired and they had to fix that and make it look better for the 'game', because if more people were agreeing with those who are negative, then what must that look like to those who are just looking around on the forums?

Then the haters can lead in terms of likes.
    In absence of "agree" people will just use "like".
  • Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,584 Member
    edited September 2014
    I disagree. I like Discussion... in a Forum. :D

*It was only on this site- and this site was only here for a very short time. I only need to flag when needed. I really don't need a lol or like. :D MOO
    Rflong7 wrote: »
    I disagree. I like Discussion... in a Forum. :D

*It was only on this site- and this site was only here for a very short time. I only need to flag when needed. I really don't need a lol or like. :D MOO

Most discussions have been nice here...
    ... it's just the threw where people are like
    "OMG u haz no opinionz because you are plummity plum grapefruit mango banana of a simmer"
    Yeah no that was what flags were for.
  • SimliriousSimlirious Posts: 151 Member
    A discussion without the ability to agree or disagree with words feels rather strange indeed. Let's face it, we all agreed and disagreed a lot with people in real life and made it known without making a sound, just nodding or shaking your head has value. So I am all for the implementation of the agree/disagree option.

Having said that I have to say I prefer how the forums are now, they just were too hectic for me. Miss a few minutes and you missed a lot of topics, you just could not read them all. Now if you wish to, you can and respond to them without there being 10's of responses added while you were writing your own.

However, maybe I am just getting slower with age. :)
  • AtomicusAtomicus Posts: 2,438 Member
    edited September 2014
    OMG why do the people who hate the game try to make out like everything's a conspiracy!? I'm pretty sure people who were on the fence about buying it would have come here and decided hmm lemme look who has the most agrees, OMG it's the people who dislike it! When in actual fact, you guys got the most disagrees. @Cinebar.
    Simlirious wrote: »
    A discussion without the ability to agree or disagree with words feels rather strange indeed. Let's face it, we all agreed and disagreed a lot with people in real life and made it known without making a sound, just nodding or shaking your head has value. So I am all for the implementation of the agree/disagree option.

I would want a disagree button in real life so I can avoid having to debate.

Then the haters can lead in terms of likes.
    In absence of "agree" people will just use "like".

No, the likes were not as many as the agrees, therefore the so called leaders will be knocked down eventually since their likes didn't equal their 3K agrees...see...they intend to topsy turvy the playing field. It was a backfire for them.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Jlm0072012Jlm0072012 Posts: 159 Member
    I believe and I may be wrong here but a lot of people on the forum were complaining about the disagree button and I think that's why it was removed. When I would read through the comments the disagree button was starting drama and causing simmers to argue back and forth. (Not like this doesn't happen anyway) I liked having the option to disagree it was fun.
    Atomicus wrote: »
    OMG why do the people who hate the game try to make out like everything's a conspiracy!? I'm pretty sure people who were on the fence about buying it would have come here and decided hmm lemme look who has the most agrees, OMG it's the people who dislike it! When in actual fact, you guys got the most disagrees. @Cinebar.

No, I had 3K agrees, and 900 disagrees...sorry wrong.

You can, just nod or shake your head while giving them a look like this:

watamote-op1-large-01.jpg
  • cauliflowerscauliflowers Posts: 5,782 Member

I disagree
    TL8ZBmw.gif
    edited September 2014
    No, the likes were not as many as the agrees, therefore the so called leaders will be knocked down eventually since their likes didn't equal their 3K agrees...see...they intend to topsy turvy the playing field. It was a backfire for them.

All agrees in place before the removal stay in existence.
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/profile/reactions/612979/Kelly_Blake?reaction=disagree

I disagree

lol, I dare you to try it! :)
    Jlm0072012 wrote: »
    I believe and I may be wrong here but a lot of people on the forum were complaining about the disagree button and I think that's why it was removed. When I would read through the comments the disagree button was starting drama and causing simmers to argue back and forth. (Not like this doesn't happen anyway) I liked having the option to disagree it was fun.

No one but one or two people were complaining about the agree or disagree..everyone was complaining about false flagging. Now why did they remove the features we did like...and keep the ones we hated? I liked the disagree so I didn't have to post a response. Now, people might have to endure more of my answers. >:)
  • SusiechanSusiechan Posts: 3,034 Member

I think it's just to encourage you to be more active in the forum instead of lurking and hiding behind the buttons :).

What's wrong with saying "I disagree with you" directly to that person ? I understand that you may feel like that person may attack you or angry with you, but you have to stand up for yourself.

Now, how I wish the privacy setting in "my profile" is back. Then I can set who are allowed to see and post on my wall or not.
    Jlm0072012 wrote: »

No one but one or two people were complaining about the agree or disagree..everyone was complaining about false flagging. Now why did they remove the features we did like...and keep the ones we hated? I liked the disagree so I didn't have to post a response. Now, people might have to endure more of my answers. >:)

The horror! >:)

Honestly, I agree though.
    Susiechan wrote: »

I think it's just to encourage you to be more active in the forum instead of lurking and hiding behind the buttons :).

What's wrong with saying "I disagree with you" directly to that person ? I understand that you may feel like that person may attack you or angry with you, but you have to stand up for yourself.

Now, how I wish the privacy setting in "my profile" is back. Then I can set who are allowed to see and post on my wall or not.

Agree with privacy. See, I needed that agree without having to explain myself, but didn't agree with all of it....All they had to do was correct the flag system...and turn it all into a report system and explain why like on the TS3.
  • SusiechanSusiechan Posts: 3,034 Member
    Atomicus wrote: »

Calm yourself down :). If you are getting mad by seeing how people dislike the game that you love, then just stay away or ignore us.
    Susiechan wrote: »

I suddenly feel like a total noob again! The wall... did they merge the old TS3 one with TS4 or is there a new version I somehow managed to miss?