The latest update for The Sims 4 is now live. Click here to read the latest notes.
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Went back to Sims 3... man now THAT game was ugly.

Comments

• bethlebellebethlebelle Posts: 139 Member
    The Sims 4 graphics are a slight upgrade, and I am happy with them... but they could have been so much better than what they are.
  • angie0o0angie0o0 Posts: 103 Member
    Blazerine wrote: »
    Have fun with your soulless looking Sims3.

Have fun with your thousand loading screens, babies stuck to cribs, and teens the same height as adults.

• KrayzieStrykerKrayzieStryker Posts: 2,646 Member
    edited September 2014
    Jongarakun wrote: »
    Ok, I went into The Sims 3 and 4 and turned everything on Ultra. Advanced Rendering, full AA, etc, the works. Here are the screenshots I took comparing:
    xpdn3d.jpg
    2u4sl7d.jpg
    29mahwk.jpg
    21bu887.jpg

And The Sims 4:
    2qmdxnb.jpg
    24pf5a9.jpg
    98aiba.jpg
    110dm36.jpg
    (This wasn't a random generated sim like TS3 one was, so I apologize for that. The only CC she has on her are default eyes and custom eyeliner.)

Wow still i don't know your TS3 looks kinda ugly, wich GPU do you have ?
    If i compare my TS3 and TS4. And i don't use any CC

g43ynflr.jpg
    83hmoxvg.jpg

• Evenstar606Evenstar606 Posts: 1,618 Member
    Orchid13 wrote: »
    abe70280 wrote: »
    Logisitcs wrote: »
    jiqjqz3o.jpg
    Arschbombe aka cannonball dive

YEAAAH POOLS!! lol EA pools back please

zir2ag.jpg

I would like to say that originally that house didn't have a pool and I built it to use my garden space and for my sims to swim. So for those who once said "who really uses pool" I can reply I DOOOO!! ;)

Edit: I don't know how to typle anymore

i have a swimming pool. Who the hell DOESNT use pools? that's the question isnt it.

Sz04GTy.jpg

IKR!!!

2liadmh.jpg

This picture reminds me how much I miss thongs/bikinis/swim trunks/speedos/sex appeal. It's dead, dry and gone over in TS4

Lol I honestly think the sims 4 are prettier, the sims i mean. The environment is way prettier in the sims 3 plus we have better graphics and no loading screens. I will be fair though in that pic I'm using hell of a lot of CC and I had a great lighting mod. We really are missing pools in the sims 4 though and I also miss thongs/bikinis/swim trunks/speedos/sex appeal

can you tell me where to get lighting mods for sims 3?

Should be this one :)

http://modthesims.info/d/367164
    Logisitcs wrote: »
    jiqjqz3o.jpg
    Arschbombe aka cannonball dive

YEAAAH POOLS!! lol EA pools back please

zir2ag.jpg

I would like to say that originally that house didn't have a pool and I built it to use my garden space and for my sims to swim. So for those who once said "who really uses pool" I can reply I DOOOO!! ;)

Edit: I don't know how to typle anymore

i have a swimming pool. Who the hell DOESNT use pools? that's the question isnt it.

Sz04GTy.jpg

IKR!!!

2liadmh.jpg

This picture reminds me how much I miss thongs/bikinis/swim trunks/speedos/sex appeal. It's dead, dry and gone over in TS4

Lol I honestly think the sims 4 are prettier, the sims i mean. The environment is way prettier in the sims 3 plus we have better graphics and no loading screens. I will be fair though in that pic I'm using hell of a lot of CC and I had a great lighting mod. We really are missing pools in the sims 4 though and I also miss thongs/bikinis/swim trunks/speedos/sex appeal

I agree Sims in TS4 are better cause you can shape them like almost perfect humans lol, can i say so ? ^^
    Well anyway still cause of the fact its missing so much Basics in TS4 i can't like it and play it right now. 30h and i still can't get the feeling off playing a Beta Game. Sorry no offense to the TS4 lover.

j435oehe.jpg

Still EA whats wrong don't mess with me, ANSWERS please :neutral_face:

I kind of know the feeling. The sims in the sims 4 did improve. However this thread made me miss toddlers, environment and POOLS.

bijpkz.jpg

Even my dog loves the pool! That is how much I used it

2ynm7tx.jpg

Pets can use the pools too? I didn't know that! Wow, there seems to be a lot about Sims 3 I haven't fully explored. Glad I'm sticking with it while playing 4 too.
  • JongarakunJongarakun Posts: 1,265 Member
    edited September 2014
    Not a gaming one by any sense of the word... NVIDIA GeForce GT 630. I never play on Ultra, I just turned it on for this comparison. =P

Edit: Your game is beautiful, dang. Would you mind getting more screenshots so we could have a fairer comparison?
    Ornery weirdo. My Origin ID is Jongarakun.
    xyIcMqt.png
  • Biotic_WarlockBiotic_Warlock Posts: 11,063 Member
    EasyToRead wrote: »
    Wow so brave... now that the disagrees are gone.

Let's report the OP.

/ Um no, let's not. I wouldn't be surprised if there is already somebody trying to do that.

I had the same thought as the OP when going back to TS2 after the switch to TS3.
    Gallery ID: Biotic_Warlock
  • MasonGamerMasonGamer Posts: 8,851 Member
    it happens every generation, after the sims, Sims 2 was better in graphics, the Sims 3, and now the Sim 4
    Realm of Magic:

My Mood:

tumblr_nlbf3b0Jyb1qkheaxo5_250.gif
    edited September 2014
    Jongarakun wrote: »
    Not a gaming one by any sense of the word... NVIDIA GeForce GT 630. I never play on Ultra, I just turned it on for this comparison. =P

Edit: Your game is beautiful, dang. Would you mind getting more screenshots so we could have a fairer comparison?

Okay i have more Pics in reserve lol, but no time yet to take newer one.

Here TS3
    n85r8lmi.jpg
    oykusgvn.jpg
    it4riyaj.jpg

TS4
    8wrycuzb.jpg
    [img][/img]
    hpo5qqeq.jpg
    zb4n3hpe.jpg

So i run all on Max Settings, well and yes i do have Highend GPUs (GTX 780 SLI)
    Post edited by KrayzieStryker on
  • JessabiJessabi Posts: 68 Member
    I still think the Sims 3 environments are beautiful, but I have to agree that the actual sims in the Sims 4 are (in my opinion) vastly improved, ESPECIALLY the kids! Those pudding faces...
    4h2kiv.jpg

• abe70280abe70280 Posts: 519 Member
    you only need to take a peek at the PC minimum system requirements of the Sims 4 to know that they held back on the graphics department to please the low end users
    Well still we need to say Sims 3 looks beautiful and thats a Sims from 2009. Yes i like the Cartoony look from Sims 4 too, but i wouldn't compare them that much about this. TS3 trys to look more realistic and TS4 is in Cartoon Style, still i think they could have made it better. But well TS4 is a Sims to please everyone. TS3 is more for Highend User i need to admit this fact, i couldn't run my TS3 with my Laptop but TS4 is running nice on it.
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    edited September 2014
    I don't know how anyone can say the environments of TS3 are ugly. I will say I didn't like the robotic Sim but the worlds and the objects and the houses are a far cry with details, details, from the TS4.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Jessa_DakkarJessa_Dakkar Posts: 9,737 Member
    Cinebar wrote: »
    I don't know how anyone can say the environments of TS3 are ugly. I will say I didn't like the robotic Sim but the worlds and the objects and the houses are a far cry with details, details, from the TS4.

It reminds me of those silly playground fights between six year-olds. When they have nothing else they resort to 'Oh yeah? Well, you're ugly' *sticks tongue out*

edited September 2014
    So for all the TS3 Hater , if you can't afford a Highend Rig you will never see the true Potential from TS3. TS4 is for all Users, its not Performance Hungry. So of course its looks much better if you can turn it higher.
  • sparkfairy1sparkfairy1 Posts: 11,453 Member
    Cinebar wrote: »

It reminds me of those silly playground fights between six year-olds. When they have nothing else they resort to 'Oh yeah? Well, you're ugly' *sticks tongue out*

This. Bashing 3 doesn't make 4 perfect.
  • baddazonerbaddazoner Posts: 573 Member
    edited September 2014
    don't have any sims 4 to compare it with

9lehe8.jpg

still need to fix this room up (remove windows etc i'm just lazy and haven't bothered yet) besides the sauna wouldn't fit anywhere else

os975t.jpg

that's the wave station thing in the pool

2vjc29h.jpg

always screwing around with different CC and EA stuff so sims change looks constantly (been meaning to change the wallpaper aswell but once again laziness)

i don't think sims 3 is ugly at all especially when the whole world is covered in snow in seasons
    baddazoner wrote: »
    don't have any sims 4 to compare it with

9lehe8.jpg

still need to fix this room up (remove windows etc i'm just lazy and haven't bothered yet) besides the sauna wouldn't fit anywhere else

os975t.jpg

that's the wave station thing in the pool

2vjc29h.jpg

always screwing around with different CC and EA stuff so sims change looks constantly (been meaning to change the wallpaper aswell but once again laziness)

i don't think sims 3 is ugly at all especially when the whole world is covered in snow in seasons

nice i like, but well i don't use any CCs i like it in Original more ^^
    I'm really enjoying the Sims 4 make-over. With the exception of poor indoor lighting, I enjoy how the world looks, how the Sims look... sure, it's cartoon'ish look, but it doesn't look bad at all.

I still enjoy all looks from all of the series for different reasons. There are areas I dislike as well. But over all, I'm diggin the new look :D

Thats what i am agreeing with, i really like the Sims in TS4. It would be so nice to have TS3 and TS4 combined lol. But i like many things in TS4 its not finished for me. But sadly to many Basic Content and Details are gone to make it a good Sims. So i will wait for them to be patched into the Game.
  • ContessaClaidieContessaClaidie Posts: 263 Member
    edited September 2014
    wish people was more objective and actually compared base 3 to base 4 none of that fancy mancy CC'ed make up Doll Sims not to mention the glaring routing errors in sims 3 that made you want to throw your pc out of the window because some idiot was stuck somewhere on the map screwing up fast forward
    “Wisdom is not a product of schooling but of the lifelong attempt to acquire it.” - Albert Einstein
    I own all Sims 1 to 4 + Expansion, Stuff Packs but if I had to pick a favorite it would be Sims 2
    4.5 Ghz Processor, 32 Gb of Ram, 3x Geforce GTX Titan Z Extreme Edition, 1 TB SSD
    edited September 2014
    wish people was more objective and actually compared base 3 to base 4 none of that fancy mancy CC'ed make up Doll Sims not to mention the glaring routing errors in sims 3 that made you want to throw your pc out of the window because some idiot was stuck somewhere on the map screwing up fast forward

never did that, goodness. And of course it was bad in this but you could help yourself with 2 Mods to cancel those wrong routing sims. Also its EA/ Maxis fault for screwing this up. TS4 is good but not finished for me
    fanboy where ? i don't particularly care for any of the sims 1 to 4 nor am I a boy but a 32 year old woman yes Sims 4 is lacking a lot is it truly horrible no ... was Sims 3 flawless .. heck no ...
    “Wisdom is not a product of schooling but of the lifelong attempt to acquire it.” - Albert Einstein
    I own all Sims 1 to 4 + Expansion, Stuff Packs but if I had to pick a favorite it would be Sims 2
    4.5 Ghz Processor, 32 Gb of Ram, 3x Geforce GTX Titan Z Extreme Edition, 1 TB SSD
  • TMWDSiTMWDSi Posts: 90 Member
    edited September 2014
    you only need to take a peek at the PC minimum system requirements of the Sims 4 to know that they held back on the graphics department to please the low end users

System requirements are not necessarily indicative of how the game actually looks or runs. Look at the Sims 3 minimum requirements. In reality, it needs well above that to actually run without hiccups on low settings let alone max. Intel GMA X3100 my butt.

As much as you want to believe it, the Sims 4's graphics are not bad and surpass the Sims 3 by quite a bit. The proof is in the pudding.
    Yeah never said that lol ^^ well anyway i never used CC only for those problems TS3 have. Without Overwatch and Mastercontroller it was unplayable, cause like you said many 🐸🐸🐸🐸 routing Sims. But like my corrected post stated. Its EA/Maxis fault to screw this up. And if you can't play it than you need a new Rig. I am sorry but thats a fact.
  • pxelskiespxelskies Posts: 1,064 Member
    I love both the Sims 3 and the Sims 4. They just both have a different style, and I think neither of them is ugly. And saying the game is all about the Sims is not true, if you ask me. It's also about their lives; the fact that they go out, meet people, buy their dream house and have their dream job.
    well could be worse it could be borderland graphics ;D ...
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top