Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Went back to Sims 3... man now THAT game was ugly.

Comments

• VlaxitovVlaxitov Posts: 5,798 Member
    Well for the most part sims 3 sims arn't as attractive as sims 4 sims but my ts3 sim Nikki Is an exception. I want to make her in TS4 but I don't have the hair.

Screenshot-1167.jpg

That's close to what all your Sims had to look like in order to have good looking generations.

That was one of the biggest downfalls of TS3, you had to like standardize their looks to be doll like or else the next generation would end up having faces that would make a little kid cry.

• JongarakunJongarakun Posts: 1,265 Member
    I don't agree, Vlaxitov. In my Legacy challenge everyone turned out pretty normal looking, and all but two of the sims I bred with (pfft) were townies.
    Ornery weirdo. My Origin ID is Jongarakun.
    xyIcMqt.png
  • VlaxitovVlaxitov Posts: 5,798 Member
    Well I must have had bad luck then because for me feature values would often become exaggerated.
  • pguidapguida Posts: 7,481 Member
    Orchid13 wrote: »
    For some bbqs gatherings and personal outdoor munchies!

Lightning in TS4 is terrible

1jw09w.png

I have a lighting mod and it made no difference in my opinion

I have the same lightning mod (the only one in existence for now) and it just make a slight difference in indoor room,it is now in V3.

The modder is getting there,we have to wait a little more.

There are two. I use the Chinese one. It allows for all kinds of tweaking.

But even without it, my outdoor lighting looks a lot better than that.

A mid-level gaming rig helps.
  • Devynsims00Devynsims00 Posts: 3,392 Member
    I'm really enjoying the Sims 4 make-over. With the exception of poor indoor lighting, I enjoy how the world looks, how the Sims look... sure, it's cartoon'ish look, but it doesn't look bad at all.

I still enjoy all looks from all of the series for different reasons. There are areas I dislike as well. But over all, I'm diggin the new look :D
    OJGRGDT.gif
    edited September 2014
    Vlaxitov: Maybe? Or maybe my definition of ugly is just way different lol.
    xyIcMqt.png
  • JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    Orchid13 wrote: »
    For some bbqs gatherings and personal outdoor munchies!

Lightning in TS4 is terrible

1jw09w.png

I have a lighting mod and it made no difference in my opinion

I have the same lightning mod (the only one in existence for now) and it just make a slight difference in indoor room,it is now in V3.

The modder is getting there,we have to wait a little more.
    I'd say EA is supposed to be getting there. They're the ones who should be handling this.
    5JZ57S6.png
  • JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    Vlaxitov wrote: »
    Well for the most part sims 3 sims arn't as attractive as sims 4 sims but my ts3 sim Nikki Is an exception. I want to make her in TS4 but I don't have the hair.

Screenshot-1167.jpg

That's close to what all your Sims had to look like in order to have good looking generations.

That was one of the biggest downfalls of TS3, you had to like standardize their looks to be doll like or else the next generation would end up having faces that would make a little kid cry.
    That's not true (and after 20 generations I think I have a say in this :P). It's not necessary to create dolls (because the dolls don't appeal to me at all, I wouldn't consider their looks a good choice).
    It is however very true that you have to check very thoroughly what offspring between two sims will look like before you put partner in the game for your sim and it does limit things. This is handled way way better in S4.
    5JZ57S6.png
  • baddazonerbaddazoner Posts: 573 Member
    edited September 2014
    fullspiral wrote: »
    Rinilex wrote: »
    fullspiral wrote: »
    I do not want Ts4 to be anything like Ts3. Ts3 lost it's direction about being about the sims.

There's a fine line here. But I really hope they do not make this about CASt, and open world. That would destroy everything they've done to make this game what it is. And that's about being back to the sims.

I think they integrated the open feeling with the public areas just fine. I do not want s3 all over again. I already have that.

You mean destroying all progress they've made with the franchise?

How is a lack of customisation and the return of loading screens "back to being The Sims"?

TS3 was not "progress". Not in my eyes. It had it's "ups", but overall, it was the anomaly from the sims series.

sims 3 was progress it was the first time sims could leave their homes without enduring a million load screens and enjoy a seamless open world they where hamsters in a cage until sims 3

then they go back 7 years and include load screens again... if they gave the game a proper development time they could of fixed the issues of open world made it so more sims appeared on lots, allowed you to travel between worlds without losing friendships etc and still be sim focused with emotions and whatever sims 4 brought.. that's what progress would be, it's not removing everything and going back to a 2007 style game

unfortunately they can't make a game like that because a large portion of the user base plays the game on something like this

833466_f260.jpg

it's 2014 they need to stop catering so much to the low end machine user base and really innovate the game and bring out it's potential not hold it back because people won't upgrade computers (it's cheaper to upgrade then most people think)
    Post edited by baddazoner on
  • BeardedgeekBeardedgeek Posts: 5,520 Member
    edited September 2014
    Personally I definitely think Sims 4 look better.
    And I HATE all the CC for Sims 3 that people think look "better", It just makes the sims look like animated plastic maneqin 🐸🐸🐸🐸 stars.
    (Also, a tip: Downloading a "HD" skin and then not have full AA only looks tacky. The jagged edges just negates the whole effort).
    Origin ID: A_Bearded_Geek

Screenshot-1167.jpg

All CC hair looks AWFUL.
  • TMWDSiTMWDSi Posts: 90 Member
    I feel like the people who complain about 4 having bad graphics or being too cartoony (which are not the same thing, by the way) have never played the games prior to 3. 4 goes back to the inherent cartooniness of the Sims series. 3 was the odd one out.

As far as style goes, 3 was realistic. 4 is stylized. Realism becomes dated rather quickly. Style pretty much never goes out of date.

Neither game is ugly in terms of terrain, but it is my opinion that (non-CC) Sims in 3 are hideous.
  • abe70280abe70280 Posts: 519 Member
    edited September 2014
    TMWDSi wrote: »
    I feel like the people who complain about 4 having bad graphics or being too cartoony (which are not the same thing, by the way) have never played the games prior to 3. 4 goes back to the inherent cartooniness of the Sims series. 3 was the odd one out.

As far as style goes, 3 was realistic. 4 is stylized. Realism becomes dated rather quickly. Style pretty much never goes out of date.

Neither game is ugly in terms of terrain, but it is my opinion that (non-CC) Sims in 3 are hideous.

if by "Style" you mean ugly textures with an overlay of cartoony to hide low quality models and textures. then yes I agree with you

abe70280 wrote: »

if by "Style" you mean ugly textures with an overlay of cartoony to hide low quality models and textures. then yes I agree with you

It appears you have completely ignored my post. Please go back and read it again.

So what you are saying is that you have no clue.
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,362 Member

Screenshot-1167.jpg

All CC hair looks AWFUL.

That hair isn't c.c.. It s from seasons.

It appears you have completely ignored my post. Please go back and read it again.

what on earth are you babbling about you incoherent plum?

I am "babbling" about the fact that you don't understand the difference between graphic detail and graphic style, and actually think the models are low quality.
    In other words, you do not know what you are talking about.

Screenshot-1167.jpg

All CC hair looks AWFUL.

That hair isn't c.c.. It s from seasons.

Well it still looks awful. Almost as awful as hair from a Bethesda game.

I am "babbling" about the fact that you don't understand the difference between graphic detail and graphic style, and actually think the models are low quality.

i meant that the Sims 4 has failed in "graphic detail" and just masked it over or "post processed" the low "graphic details" and is now marketing this low "graphic detail" as a "graphic style"

play the game and see for yourself lol. even circular objects have corners it might as well be an octagon LOL.

i meant that the Sims 4 has failed in "graphic detail" and just masked it over or "post processed" the low "graphic details" and is now marketing this low "graphic detail" as a "graphic style"

play the game and see for yourself lol. even circular objects have corners it might as well be an octagon LOL.

fbf63636c4f8abc2b3d0f1b76847368f.png

Uh huh...
    edited September 2014

So does every other game*. Including Sims 3, GTA V, Legend etc etc, as pointed out above. Sims 4 is no worse than any other game. And again, graphic style != graphic detail.

*That is 3D. 2D graphics, of course, do not have this "problem".
  • BlazerineBlazerine Posts: 2,544 Member
    edited September 2014
    Have fun with your soulless looking Sims3.
    Ok, I went into The Sims 3 and 4 and turned everything on Ultra. Advanced Rendering, full AA, etc, the works. Here are the screenshots I took comparing:
    xpdn3d.jpg
    2u4sl7d.jpg
    29mahwk.jpg
    21bu887.jpg

And The Sims 4:
    2qmdxnb.jpg
    24pf5a9.jpg
    98aiba.jpg
    110dm36.jpg
    (This wasn't a random generated sim like TS3 one was, so I apologize for that. The only CC she has on her are default eyes and custom eyeliner.)
    xyIcMqt.png
    Thank you for taking the time to prove my point. (Sincerely).
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top