Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims 4 Shader Lists& possibility of help on getting alpha editable hair to work?

Comments

• BonnieQ1BonnieQ1 Posts: 18 New Member
    chloette wrote: »
    Bumping this because I'm honestly gonna burn my game if I can't get some custom hairs up in here

Ditto! I refuse to continue with this game if we can't even get any CC mesh hair! They've already taken away too much!
  • JongarakunJongarakun Posts: 1,265 Member
    Ugh, yes, this is the first thing I was wondering about when I opened up the demo. =[
    Ornery weirdo. My Origin ID is Jongarakun.
    xyIcMqt.png
  • cytcyt Posts: 1 New Member
    Bump !!
  • ODessaBourqueODessaBourque Posts: 1 New Member
    I want people to have the ability to make me pretty hairs!! Please help them to do this, EA. Helping them means customers are happy, and happy customers will buy your expansions, right? So help them to help you ^_^
  • BonnieQ1BonnieQ1 Posts: 18 New Member
    Levini wrote: »
    UPDATE 9/17/14:

So, yeah. Alpha based hair will not happen. After combing through every CAS shader (There's only 3), There's no chance for alpha editable hair to happen without problems, that is unless EA patches it in. and from the looks of this thread and it being nearly a week, it doesn't look like EA will listen to modders or the community on this. Go ahead and say whatever now but that is all.

Okay. That's it. I'm done.
  • PumpkinSeiPumpkinSei Posts: 7 New Member
    It is still possible to make cc hair without alpha. It will fit in the game and will look really nice. I would try to make custom mesh but i have no idea how to convert from 3ds max into The Sims 4 format and vice versa ~.~ Having no alphas in the hair/clothing is just something new and challenging. We just have to figure the bump/specular/polygon limitations. Why not
  • ChisamichanChisamichan Posts: 3 New Member
    :/ ... The thing about this is like, technically, yes. We can make CC hair without alphas. The thing is, our best meshers in the community probably won't be. Think about how many beautiful hairstyles newsea, cazy etc makes for ts3 and ts2 every month... They're not going to make their hair fit the ts4 style, most likely. So all those beautiful, beautiful possible conversions are impossible... Even if some people make ts4 style hair that looks good, that's just not enough for a lot of us. And it's going to be hard seeing all the amazing hair coming out for 3, knowing we can't have any of it.

Super, super disappointed and hope EA wises up... For once.
  • PumpkinSeiPumpkinSei Posts: 7 New Member
    As i understood alpha is something shader related so i wonder if that's possible to rip off ingame shaders to bring them on hair? I mean could people, for example, copy objects/trees/windows shaders we have in game, not just cas, and force them on the hair. I'm really sorry if i sound weirdo/noobie but if that stuff possible, we still need to wait for Maxis/EA to reveal full shader list available in game. Or patch .-.
  • SAGALISAGALI Posts: 53 Member
    Please EA id like Alpha editable hairs. i hope someone is listening my friend and i really like the game but the editable hair that is alpha would also have been nice please if someone is out there thankyou.
  • JokerAJokerA Posts: 1 New Member
    I like this game and like the beautiful Alpha editable hairs.It's a pity if it won't happen to Sims4.I'm sorry because my English is not good but please EA think about it.Thank you.
  • LukerzLukerz Posts: 5 New Member
    bump.
  • LukerzLukerz Posts: 5 New Member
    > @vblackmon said:
    > Bumping! :)

what skin is your sim using in your avatar picture? :)
  • dinxpagdinxpag Posts: 2 New Member
    BUMP
  • hizakurahizakura Posts: 1 New Member
    Bump!!!!!!!
  • kreatorakreatora Posts: 557 Member
    BUMP !!
    My ID Origin kreatora
    Hero on EA AHQ
  • DominisiakDominisiak Posts: 2 New Member
    BUMP!
  • Anilewe89Anilewe89 Posts: 24 Member
    Bump :)
  • LeviniLevini Posts: 45 Member
    edited September 2014
    PumpkinSei wrote: »
    As i understood alpha is something shader related so i wonder if that's possible to rip off ingame shaders to bring them on hair? I mean could people, for example, copy objects/trees/windows shaders we have in game, not just cas, and force them on the hair. I'm really sorry if i sound weirdo/noobie but if that stuff possible, we still need to wait for Maxis/EA to reveal full shader list available in game. Or patch .-.

Alpha is shader related, the problem with this though is everything is in the Shaders_Win32.Precomp file. This file is unfortunately nearly impossible to open up and modify. From what I looked at though the Sims 4 Shaders and Sims 3 shaders do share the same numberings and names but the problem with this is you can't just take TS3's Shaders Precomp and replace it in TS4's because it won't load TS4 if you do that. Unfortunately unless EA fixes that file and gives modders the shaders needed for Alpha editable clothing and hair, it's not gonna be able to be modded in.

I wish it would have been that easy as I was willing to figure out how to write the shaders just so it can be done, but unfortunately it's not.

EDIT: I also reread it, Unfortunately, that can't be done, for some reason using a non-CAS shader causes the game to crash on clicking the hair.
    Post edited by Levini on
    -This Space for rent!-
  • SylwiaMegaRedMouseSylwiaMegaRedMouse Posts: 17 New Member
    BUMP !!!
  • CerventusCerventus Posts: 1 New Member
    BUMP ;)
  • BabydollKissesXoBabydollKissesXo Posts: 4 New Member
    Wow, No response from EA..... >_> BAD. Bump.
  • Anna_vel_annAAnna_vel_annA Posts: 36 Member
    BUMP! thx
  • BabydollKissesXoBabydollKissesXo Posts: 4 New Member
    :( No alpha hair CC for the Sims 4. Blasphemy. This is the biggest mistake of a Sims they've ever made. Please fix this and make your game worthwhile EA. -_- Nobody wants plastic glued on clay hair.... really. :(
  • olivkasimsolivkasims Posts: 95 Member
    BUMP!
  • SimekMateuszSimekMateusz Posts: 21 New Member
    BUMP!