Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Went back to Sims 3... man now THAT game was ugly.

Comments

• fullspiralfullspiral Posts: 14,717 Member
    I do not want Ts4 to be anything like Ts3. Ts3 lost it's direction about being about the sims.

There's a fine line here. But I really hope they do not make this about CASt, and open world. That would destroy everything they've done to make this game what it is. And that's about being back to the sims.

I think they integrated the open feeling with the public areas just fine. I do not want s3 all over again. I already have that.
  • KayeStarKayeStar Posts: 6,715 Member
    IcySlash wrote: »
    It's times like these i'm going to miss the disagree button...
    Yep. Those buttons were needed so much.
    752d5ef1ccf6be4ae3b2e539a6376fe9ea400d9ar1-320-207_00.gif
  • VlaxitovVlaxitov Posts: 5,798 Member
    If you could just rip the Sims out of TS4 and give them TS3 environments we'd be in business.
  • MelanieSimlishMelanieSimlish Posts: 4,432 Member
    Rinilex wrote: »
    TS3 had its pretty moments when it came to the worlds and such, but the Sims were butt ugly. There's really no competition between vanilla TS3 and vanilla TS4. Even if you don't like the cartoon style, you have to admit that the Sims look ultimately less terrifying now.

I never thought the Sims in 3 looked that bad, but I will admit their features are better in 4.

Except for the eyes. They're dead-looking IMO.

Yeah I've noticed that there is always something off about their eyes too, drives me crazy. Though luckily it's not too noticeable in gameplay.
    44444.gif
    Vlaxitov wrote: »
    If you could just rip the Sims out of TS4 and give them TS3 environments we'd be in business.

Obviously it couldn't be done, or else it would have in 3. Not even mods could do it.

Ill take the sims over pretty scenery.

• crzy_gal_101crzy_gal_101 Posts: 1,856 Member
    Why did they remove them?
    Official Katy Perry Sim: http://goo.gl/Vxo3Be
  • RinilexRinilex Posts: 3,048 Member
    fullspiral wrote: »
    I do not want Ts4 to be anything like Ts3. Ts3 lost it's direction about being about the sims.

There's a fine line here. But I really hope they do not make this about CASt, and open world. That would destroy everything they've done to make this game what it is. And that's about being back to the sims.

I think they integrated the open feeling with the public areas just fine. I do not want s3 all over again. I already have that.

You mean destroying all progress they've made with the franchise?

How is a lack of customisation and the return of loading screens "back to being The Sims"?
    Really, no one has any idea.
  • VlaxitovVlaxitov Posts: 5,798 Member

Obviously it couldn't be done, or else it would have in 3. Not even mods could do it.

Ill take the sims over pretty scenery.

Maybe not but I don't think its being thought of ATM anyway.

For a AAA game I don't feel like we should have to chose between one or the other looking good.

How is a lack of customisation and the return of loading screens "back to being The Sims"?

TS3 was not "progress". Not in my eyes. It had it's "ups", but overall, it was the anomaly from the sims series.

• RinilexRinilex Posts: 3,048 Member
    edited September 2014

TS3 was not "progress". Not in my eyes. It had it's "ups", but overall, it was the anomaly from the sims series.

I disagree. 4 feels like the anomaly to me. Graphically I could see links between 1 and 3, and game play features from the first two games in 3. 4 feels like a bubblegum cartoon world for kiddies that's had everything classic about the franchise stripped away from it - as well as all the progress 3 made - and lacks half the content the previous games did.
  • keyb0xkeyb0x Posts: 1,641 Member
    Really, no one has any idea.

Besides the occasional threads about disagree and flag abuse?
  • FatCatFatCat Posts: 1,741 Member

From no customization to being able to customize almost everything (CASt),
    this is not progress to you?

Put dispenser hereanimaatjes-cupcake-13719.gif
  • mulboromulboro Posts: 2,012 Member
    Thats fair - 'course I didn't need to go back to know it was ugly as sin. B)
    What'd you just say??
    8d7.gif
  • catmando830catmando830 Posts: 9,117 Member
    When I went back the first thing I noticed was how the clothes were so paper doll like.
  • KrayzieStrykerKrayzieStryker Posts: 2,646 Member
    Really why?
  • catmando830catmando830 Posts: 9,117 Member

IMHO - maybe that is why they made TS4 - to fix and or improve on all the mistakes made in TS3 - can you imagine if they are able to give us everything we loved about TS3 in EP's for TS4 - it would be awesome - IMHO

I disagree. 4 feels like the anomaly to me. Graphically I could see links between 1 and 3, and game play features from the first two games in 3. 4 feels like a bubblegum cartoon world for kiddies that's had everything classic about the franchise stripped away from it - as well as all the progress 3 made - and lacks half the content the previous games did.

Sims 4 actually brought the best loved gameplay features back. And that is to do with the sims themselves.

And it's still my opinion that 3 was the anomaly. S4 didn't strip away what was "classic" about the series, they brought it back. It was 3 that stripped what was classic away.

• EatCheesEatChees Posts: 1,378 Member
    the-sims-3-university-life-1.jpg

Oh, god, it's hideous! Take it away!

When I play, I have a dozen sims late for class because they can't route around the door and each other. Yeah, that's a lot of fun....

Oh well, at least they have the courtesy to wait for each other rather then totally violate the other sim's personal space and walk RIGHT THROUGH the other person like in some other game I know...
    Sig.png
    The only thing 3 stripped away were those horrid loading screens, and thank goodness for that!
    FatCat wrote: »

As I said, that was s3, not the rest of the series. Therefore, 3 was the anomaly.

• KrayzieStrykerKrayzieStryker Posts: 2,646 Member
    FatCat wrote: »

As I said, that was s3, not the rest of the series. Therefore, 3 was the anomaly.

IT was the EVOLUTION
  • webdznrwebdznr Posts: 572 Member

LOVE..
    now there's a button we need.

The Sims 4 :: Think 'inside' the box.
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top