Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Into The Future Bug Thread

1181920212224...Next

Comments

• thetawaves90thetawaves90 Posts: 1
    edited May 2014
    Just to add to the list, I'm having corrupted saves when time traveling. Luckily had a previous save to revert to, but returned to preset time with a new plumbot to find my Sims without any portraits and my home unable to be selected as the active household. When I restarted and attempted to reload, my family was gone altogether. :(
  • Zandyr_KayneZandyr_Kayne Posts: 199 New Member
    edited May 2014
    I've been having problems with my Sim receiving prank(?) phone calls. (Possibly for opportunities that aren't firing properly, calls from Emit Relevart or are they simply autonomous NPC phone pranks from Generations? Not sure which if any.) Sim answers the phone then gets upset at the caller and hangs up on them. This was with a vanilla game. I've been using Twallans mods lately, but the issue still remains.

All EPs/SPs updated 1.67
    No CC/Exchange - only Store Content added
    Vanilla and Mods same problem (Twallan's Mods - MC/OW/ET/SP etc.)
    New or premade Sims don't change the issue
    Any map used. Currently Twinbrook
    Win7 x64
    Origin download versions except for KP's Sweet Treats
    Home World haven't tested other locations
  • WinMacSims3WinMacSims3 Posts: 1,610 Member
    edited June 2014
    I've been having problems with my Sim receiving prank(?) phone calls. (Possibly for opportunities that aren't firing properly, calls from Emit Relevart or are they simply autonomous NPC phone pranks from Generations? Not sure which if any.) Sim answers the phone then gets upset at the caller and hangs up on them. This was with a vanilla game. I've been using Twallans mods lately, but the issue still remains.

All EPs/SPs updated 1.67
    No CC/Exchange - only Store Content added
    Vanilla and Mods same problem (Twallan's Mods - MC/OW/ET/SP etc.)
    New or premade Sims don't change the issue
    Any map used. Currently Twinbrook
    Win7 x64
    Origin download versions except for KP's Sweet Treats
    Home World haven't tested other locations
    Since The Sims 3 University Life, I've been having this problem; Sims would answer the phone but nothing appears. I've made a video explaining this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pE2eNrvWpvg

In 70s, 80, & 90s Stuff and earlier games, the phone worked correctly. As of University Life, the phone doesn't work correctly and this hasn't been patched as of 1.67.
    Origin ID: GothicSimmer, YouTube: GothicSimmer
  • PoultryPrincessPoultryPrincess Posts: 7 New Member
    edited June 2014
    This just occurred: DOZENS OF PLUMBOTS SPAWNING ON HOME LOT

I returned my sim to the Utopian Future; the house I had previously built her was not owned, so I fixed that. I played about 1.5 days normally, then the 2nd night there, I noticed half a dozen male plumbots, all the same looking with different names, enter her house. I looked outside and there were a dozen more.

It appeared they were spawning at back right corner. I reset the lot, and they spawned at the back left corner and the front left corner of the lot. I built fences around the groups, went 30 sim minutes, then another half dozen spawned at the front door. I have no idea what to do?

I have master controller, have tried deleting and annihilating the plumbots but they keep on spawning. This is really freaking me out :(

Screenshots : http://imgur.com/a/uoOoT
  • NassTNassT Posts: 435 Member
    edited June 2014
    Sims leaving their jobs early (due to paparazzi spamming interactions) has already been mentioned, but I have noticed that sometimes my sim does not get paid for working, even when she does not leave early.

It doesn't happen every time, but for some reason on occasion she is still 'going to work' even when at work. When this happens not only does the sim get no pay, they gain no progress in their career either. Cancelling working from the queue and then going back in does not seem to solve the problem.

Are you going to work on your own or taking the carpool vehicle that shows up to take you? I only seem to have this problem when I drive myself, but never when taking the carpool.
  • Venus91Venus91 Posts: 3 New Member
    edited June 2014
    So I had this odd thing happen.
    My sim became pregnant in the present (the baby chimes went off) and then I sent her and her husband to the future. Well in the future is where she started showing and I couldn't send her back home to have the babies so they had to stick it out. Well babies were born and I had one with each parent thinking "Hey, they were conceived in the present so it shouldn't be a big deal". No. Every time I tried to get them to go home with kids in tow, they would set them down and say goodbye. Toddlers same thing. (I triggered the age transitions) I finally decided to just age them into adulthood thinking that if they couldn't go to the present then at least they were adults. (Yes I know they are just sims but maternal instincts and all). So I'm wondering if anyone has had the same issue? Now its all weird cause the kids live in the same present town but they are like the red headed step child now.
  • carebear74carebear74 Posts: 23 New Member
    edited July 2014
    I upgraded trait chip slots in two robots I built in the future, modified said slots and traveled to the present with them. It appears one of them lost the sentience chip I had installed. It was working fine in the future. I sen the bot to the Bot Arena, and then went back to the present when she was done. Is this a bug? Did she lose the chip in the Bot Battle? It's not even in my inventory anymore, and I haven't acquired the skill to make the sentient chip yet, so it's a bit annoying. :(
  • ZbornieZbornie Posts: 2,439 New Member
    edited July 2014
    I have an on-going jet pack problem that I haven't been able to work out. Basically anytime my sims try to use it, it resets them back to their home. They simply put it on then disappear, appear at home and the jetpack is back in their inventory. Hoverboard works fine.

I do use some mods (mostly nraas) that are up to date. Patched up to date. I know it's not a space issue.

Any ideas?
  • laylalindleylaylalindley Posts: 1
    edited August 2014
    hi i seem to have a glitch with my game everytime my sim has a baby/adopt the baby/toddler/child has glitchs an the males once teens have ***** an high heels please can some 1 help me i have been sent here by the origin team mines a origin download not a disk thanks
  • Cyron43Cyron43 Posts: 8,055 Member
    Hi all, I have bad news. I wrote an email to crinrict some days ago and she replied that she has retired from Sims 3. :(
    This space is for rent.
  • rumbutterrumbutter Posts: 3,756 Member
    CY HI :D
  • rumbutterrumbutter Posts: 3,756 Member
    Cyron43 wrote: »
    Hi all, I have bad news. I wrote an email to crinrict some days ago and she replied that she has retired from Sims 3. :(

OHH :( thanks for letting us know
  • lionessleelionesslee Posts: 52 Member
    edited August 2014
    please forgive me for this comment it was out of test as Cryon said but i am truly sorry
    Post edited by lionesslee on
    <3>:)
  • Cyron43Cyron43 Posts: 8,055 Member
    @lionesslee: This thread is about the "Into the future" expansion pack for Sims 3. I wonder what made you navigate to "The Sims 3 Expansion Packs > Into the Future > Into The Future Bug Thread" and ask a question about Sims 4. :\
    This space is for rent.
    edited August 2014
    thank you <3
    edited August 2014
    @Cyron43 please have a great day
  • Irritated Irritated Posts: 1 New Member
    [quote="Zimandjess;11697908"]Can someone please help me?I'm new to the Into the Future Expansion and this happened right away.I managed to meet Emit and fix the time portal,but once I had made my Sim travel to the future,I could no longer control her after Oasis Landing showed up.Is it because of the disc or is it something else??[/quote]

I came here with a similar problem. I'm still not sure of the cause but think i found a solution.
    First of all I noticed that my sim *is* on the lot next to the portal, i just can't do anything with him or anything else for that matter. He is now simply an npc.

Click on the "..." menu button
    Click "edit town"
    I always click just continue on the pop-up, no point in saving
    Click on your sims house, should be green
    Click "evict sim" on bottom left of pop-up
    Click the check mark when it asks if you are sure
    click move out
    Click past pop-up about active household
    there should be a greyed out pictures of sim/household in upper left, click it
    Save copy to library
    click button /bar at top of screen, think it said return to setup
    then just move sim into a new home (or same home) from the household tab.

this action deleted everythin in the sim inventory but not the household family inventory.
    You are also no longer a partner in any venues you have bought into, and no extra simoleons from them either
  • Dimon6579Dimon6579 Posts: 501 Member
    edited April 2015
    Issue with sending plumbot to university:

I noticed i have an issue with sending a plumbot to a university. I also see others had issues with going to university. I think the problem may have to do with the the plumbot in general, and the chips it has equipped. Im thinking that if you put a sentient chip in and not a office drone one, your plumbot will glitch out anyone going to university...not sure if anyone else thought about this, but this is something to consider. Im testing out leaving the plumbot at home while the rest of the house goes to college. Ill write down the results here of what i found.

UPDATED and POSSIBLE FIX: Going to the university without the said plumbot seemed to fix the issue. Im really confident that this issue was caused by a plumbot not having the office drone chip installed while going to college. If someone would like to reproduce it try this and see if it does the same error:

STEPS TO REPRODUCE THE ERROR:

1. Have plumbot with sentience chip installed.
    2. Use enroll in university with plumbot and family members.
    3. Go to college.

This should reproduce the issue.
    Post edited by Dimon6579 on
    A sims 4 player, but i mostly play on steam. I do not own sims 4 on steam, but thru origin. I play on few occasions sims 4.
  • WinMacSims3WinMacSims3 Posts: 1,610 Member
    If anyone want to post future bugs, I suggest posting over to Complied list of Bugs in The Sims 3. The purpose of this thread is to list every known bug in Into the Future & version 1.67.
    Origin ID: GothicSimmer, YouTube: GothicSimmer
  • LazerRay3LazerRay3 Posts: 312 Member
    edited July 2015
    I came across three ITF bugs, but one of them is easily fixed, another has a temp fix.
    My game is fully patched and as of this posting I only have base game, Ambitions, Supernatural, and Into the Future

Sims use the walking animation while on the Windcarver
    -Remove the Simbots Walk Normally mod to fix this

Several outfits get scrambled, accessories and facial/body hair get removed when traveling to the future
    -Temp fix use Mater Controller and repair your sims in CAS

Unable to use the Laser-Rythim-a-con sheet music books in the present
    - Seems like this wasn't a bug, my sim just gained the songs from opportunities, I had a Plumbot later learn the skill but he never got the related opportunities, so the books worked for him.

Plumbot motives get reset when you reset a sim in the same household
    - Temp fix for Fun and Social motives, pull out a chip that provides those functions then put the trait chip back in

The Maintenance Master Life Time Reward for plumbots doesn't refill the maintenance meter if it drops for any reason
    - Temp fix enable cheats and shift click the maintenance bar then drag it to max
    Post edited by LazerRay3 on
  • TaziusdelanyTaziusdelany Posts: 7 New Member
    Hi everyone!

I just purchased the Sims 3 expansion pack Into the Future, which finally completes my collection of the expansion packs! However, I seem to be having a very odd glitch that I simply cannot work out.

The game installed fine on steam. It shows up as being downloaded and appears in the game launcher. When I launch the game, I get the into the future loading screen and when in an EXISTING game I can purchase any of the related content AND get a message saying "A new town has become available for your sims to move into!".

BUT, the new town simply doesn't exist... When starting a new game and opening the town options, I get everything apart from Oasis Falls (I think that's what it's called). All my other towns show up for my various expansion packs but not that one. I tried going into an existing game and tried to move my existing family to the town after getting the "You have a new town!" notification but it doesn't appear there either. It's incredibly confusing given that everything else is showing up, just not the town.

What I have tried so far:
    Restarting the computer after download - NOT WORKED
    Uninstalling Into the Future and Reinstalling it - NOT WORKED
    Verifying the integrity of the game files through steam - I got a message saying 3 files were missing and it was reacquiring them, but when I launched the game there was no change
    Extra Information
    I have purchased all of the packs from Steam and play it through the Steam launcher
    I have never had any issues with any of my expansion packs until now
    All the expansion packs show up in the Sims game launcher AND the Steam launcher
    I have no custom content installed
    Last night I uninstalled all of my sims games through Steam and it is currently redownloading the lot. I'm posting here in the likely event this doesn't work.

Has anyone else had this issue or know how on earth I can fix it? I've waited years to be able to buy this expansion and am absolutely gutted to have this problem!

Thanks
  • Odonata68Odonata68 Posts: 1,076 Member
    Hi @Taziusdelany I haven't installed Into the Future yet, but I believe Oasis Landing is "visited" kind of like the World Adventure worlds. I found some info about it HERE. Hope this helps :) and happy simming.
  • Simtown15Simtown15 Posts: 3,952 Member
    I reinstalled ITF after having it uninstalled for months. I was so excited to play, but after collecting the power cells and selecting "travel to the future", it went into map view, but no loading screen. I tried 2 more times in different worlds and the power cell opportunity didn't even come up! I need to do this for my new YouTube LP and it can't be delayed. I doubt anyone will help since this thread has been abandoned though.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top