Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

One Thing You Like and One Thing You Dislike/Hate

Now that a lot of things have been announced about TS4, I think we all have the one pro and the one con.

So, let's talk about what we like and what we dislike. One thing, please. Like your ultimate favorite and then the one thing you hate the most. ^_^

Like: Art style.
Something about this art style is really appealing compared to TS3. It reminds me of TS2 in a way, and that makes me happy because when I played TS2, I was really happy.

Dislike: No toddlers.
This is why I may never buy this game. I'm waiting it out to see 1; price drop and 2; if they're ever added. If they don't ever get added, I may never buy this game. If they do get added, I want to see the base game's price drop and see how much it'd cost to get the toddlers (whether it's through an EP or store content :roll: )

Your turn!

Also, please try to avoid arguing with people. Try not to say "I hate everything" and "I don't like anything" because there's probably 1 thing you do like.. even if it's "the one house in the demo" or "the fact that hair won't go through hats" there must be something!!
If there's really not, just leave it blank and just list what you don't like.
Also, don't say you like everything. You probably cringed at something. :/ If you have nothing you dislike, just leave it blank.

I think that's fair enough.

Comments

• LordZefLordZef Posts: 50 Member
    edited August 2014
    I like: That it looks better, socialwise. Emotions, social options etc.

I dislike: Why does it have to be Weird? And lack of jobs.
  • MoonbarkerMoonbarker Posts: 1,281 Member
    edited August 2014
    Like: The new CAS looks amazing even though I haven't gotten the demo yet.

Dislikes: Yeah... don't get me started lol.
  • AstroAstro Posts: 6,651 Member
    edited August 2014
    Like: CAS

Dislike: Everything else.
  • NomPlayNomPlay Posts: 219 Member
    edited August 2014
    I like: Open/Closed World crossover, Sims 3 never worked right for me and it just wasn't populated enough so I was hoping for this.

I dislike: CASt whhhhhhy? T_T We had a love/hate relationship but I'd never leave you *strokes*

Edit.

Am I the only one who stuck the one thing only rule? xD
  • Claire17Claire17 Posts: 655 Member
    edited August 2014

Dislike: it's an even split between no CASt and the immaturity / trying too hard to be cool / smacks of desperation vibes that the sims4 is giving off.
  • UtaDagdaUtaDagda Posts: 1,556 Member
    edited August 2014
    Like: NO OPEN WORLD <3
    And my beloved Luchadore :oops:

Dislikes: No color wheel but this was remedied by a mod all ready. Still want a basic one in-game but I do NOT want a full CASt. Loading all that **** makes lag.
    Love The Sims? SIMMERSE YOURSELF. Join our community.
    I gave up singing. Sorry.
    Here have my luchADORE to cheer you up.
    luchad.pngluucha.gif
  • ModseyModsey Posts: 1,468 Member
    edited August 2014
    Like: CAS, emotions

Dislike: no CASt, semi-open world, load screens

*sighs* I'm still on the fence
  • Ze_Blue_PandaZe_Blue_Panda Posts: 351 Member
    edited August 2014
    I love the cheat to make objects huge!

I hate that we don't have the old careers plus with the new careers.
  • AralyneAralyne Posts: 64 Member
    edited August 2014
    Like: the new CAS - it really makes creating unique looking sims a heck easier.

Dislike: the way they changed the careers - while some of the new careers sound all right to me, I will miss the standard "normal" jobs. Pretty sad I won't be able to make my sim a professional sports star too.
  • IfreshyehIfreshyeh Posts: 1,403 Member
    edited August 2014
    Dislike: I won't be able to abide by your rules for this one so --
  • zanesaaomgfanzanesaaomgfan Posts: 1,469 Member
    edited August 2014
    NomPlay wrote:
    IAm I the only one who stuck the one thing only rule? xD

:lol:
    I originally did too, then I was like "I said I was gonna buy it until I saw no toddlers" but if I wasn't limited, I'd have like 6 paragraphs long of things I didn't like/hated. XD
  • sassyvivensassyviven Posts: 67 Member
    edited August 2014
    I like everything about the sims 4 that ive seen so far, I only wish it was available to try out the house building, Sept the 2nd is far away, I think the team of EA will add more clothes designs later, this sims 4 is awesome on the CAS. And it runs very smooth no glitches. Give them time to add the other stuff they havent let us down on any of the sims , they wont on this one, they value theyre customers. I'm being honest, this is how I see it anyway.
  • DarkslayerDarkslayer Posts: 9,074 Member
    edited August 2014
    I like CAS. I’ve already had a lot of ideas for potential sims after watching what everybody else has been doing. Never got the demo though so I don’t know how usable it is, seems pretty easy from videos I’ve watched but then I’ve also heard LGR mention that there’s a bit of disconnect between what you want to do and what it actually does – I generally trust his opinion so that’s making me think it over a bit. Still – better than sliders!

I dislike EA’s cloak and dagger behaviour. We’re less than a month away from release and yet EA are still acting like this game is supposed to be kept secret and under wraps. I mean I can kind of see why what with all the things we’re finding out (no toddlers, object!Babies etc) but I can’t help but think that if EA had been transparent about this from the start that things wouldn’t have seemed so bad. I mean they’re bad – they’ll never NOT be bad to me, but if we’d have learned about this several months ago maybe now we could’ve been enticed back in with something worthwhile.

Instead the bad information just keeps on coming, further souring the run up to launch and there aren’t a lot of positives hanging around to counteract it – at least not for me. It’s a shame, I almost pulled the trigger on this game (despite knowing what EA are like) a few months ago too before the crud hit the fan :(
  • kirby356kirby356 Posts: 4,607 Member
    edited August 2014
    AstroX1424 wrote:

Dislike: Everything else.
    This.
  • Megan31917Megan31917 Posts: 457 Member
    edited August 2014
    Like: Some of the building options

Hate: Game play for those of us who love each life stage & play a Sims family for generations is eliminated.
  • luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    edited August 2014
    Like: New world structure that's rotational-gameplay-friendly and looks like it will make expansions bog down the game way less and integrate with it better

Dislike: Absence of traditional careers in the base game, like business and politics and medicine.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • SeamoanSeamoan Posts: 1,323 Member
    edited August 2014
    I like that EA attempted to bring back emotive Sims and mesh the open/closed neighborhood into something useful.

I dislike everything else. I even hate the art style.
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    edited August 2014
    I like the CAS. It's fun. I also love rotational game play.

I don't like lack of color wheel, or the lack of places for my Sims to live, no toddlers and no pools.

I know that's more than just one like and dislike but that does just about sum up everything I do like and don't like without writing a book.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • raybigbearraybigbear Posts: 369 Member
    edited August 2014
    Like: build mode and multitasking. Dislike: EA's dishonesty. "Babies have legs" fails to mention they are tied to their cribs. "Sims have emotions" they die from laughing at pee. I feel like I'm being trolled.
  • MimblewimbleMimblewimble Posts: 107 Member
    edited August 2014
    Like: The sims look GREAT, like a better version of TS2 sims. :mrgreen: :thumbup:

Dislike: The babies are pretty much a step back to TS1 (ie, they are objects...). I expected more, since there are no toddlers. Oh well, at least in TS4 I won't have to experience the disappointment of a baby growing up into a child wearing a stupid wizards hat that I can't get rid of. :lol:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 New Member
    edited August 2014
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,588 Member
    edited August 2014
    Hi :D

I've always liked the look of the Sims and their animations

I don't like the backdrop worlds. :(
  • PsychYourMind08PsychYourMind08 Posts: 3,464 Member
    edited August 2014
    Like most: CAS and style of the Sims,
    Dislike most: Fake/somewhat closed off world
  • Jdavij20033Jdavij20033 Posts: 2,054 Member
    edited August 2014
    Like: The wall height options.
    prego-1024x576.png

Dislike: Cupcake machine.
    the-sims-4-sexy-cupcake-maker-screenshot-gameplay-trailer.png
    rifJadC.png
  • shadownightfireshadownightfire Posts: 63 Member
    edited August 2014
    The one thing I probably like the most is the building tool regarding room re-arrangement and adjusting the wall height.

The one thing I probably dislike the most is no CASt and the small worlds (two things I know, but bite me :D