Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The sims 2 ultimate collection?

Since there are no official sims 2 forums, i decided to out this here. I just got a email from Origin saying my sims 2 base game is being replaced with the sims 2 ultimate collection that will have more content then my game now this might seem great for someone who doesnt have the full collection but literally yesterday my last 3 sims 2 games arrived in the mail from ebay. If they gave me the stuff packs with this collection that i dont have id be happy but otherwise, i just wasted my money. Anyone know or also get this email?

Comments

• elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,544 Member
    edited July 2014
    I'm dying to know what it includes!

Hopefully they won't keep us waiting too long before it appears in Origin.

But I wouldn't be grieved at spending money on the games. I would think most people who get the email will have bought most, if not all, of TS2 stuff anyway. I bought them all twice! (Mistakenly gave away all my first ones when TS3 came out).
  • FluorescentSoapFluorescentSoap Posts: 1,472 Member
    edited July 2014
    Julia526 wrote:
    Since there are no official sims 2 forums, i decided to out this here. I just got a email from Origin saying my sims 2 base game is being replaced with the sims 2 ultimate collection that will have more content then my game now this might seem great for someone who doesnt have the full collection but literally yesterday my last 3 sims 2 games arrived in the mail from ebay. If they gave me the stuff packs with this collection that i dont have id be happy but otherwise, i just wasted my money. Anyone know or also get this email?

I already have all the Sims 2 + stuff packs, but the email I used has since been deleted by hotmail >-< so I'm waiting on EA to contact me. I hope I can get back into that Origin because otherwise that's a lot of wasted money.
    tumblr_inline_oqdvr8Z3jV1qbd7br_540.gif
    ⌠ Team Holy Hêll ⌡ [Currently playing TS4]
  • Kiingyy23Kiingyy23 Posts: 326 Member
    edited July 2014
    I didn't get no Email like that but there is a torrent going round for something called The Sims 2 Ultimate Collection. A couple I clicked on turned out to be viruses but a lot of them are legit. And According to the legit torrents it includes all Ep's & Sp's.

P.S I clicked on the link to see more of the description, not to download since I have them all. I was actually searching for a place to buy Sims 1 Ultimate Collection and ran into it like that. :D
  • kmsim15kmsim15 Posts: 1,552 Member
    edited July 2014
    The email is posted on SimsVip and it said that this change doesn't occur until July 22. I would assume that since it will replace the old digital version of Sims 2, that it would include all of expansions and stuff packs.
  • LaBlue0314LaBlue0314 Posts: 17,436 Member
    edited July 2014
    kmsim15 wrote:
    The email is posted on SimsVip and it said that this change doesn't occur until July 22. I would assume that since it will replace the old digital version of Sims 2, that it would include all of expansions and stuff packs.

I too have this e-mail, and this is what it says;
    Dear Origin gamer,

Your current version of The Sims 2 will lose technical support on July 22, 2014. We want you to have the most up-to-date version of The Sims 2 in your collection, so you will see a brand new addition to your Origin library: The Sims 2 Ultimate Collection.

This is the most up-to-date version of The Sims 2 and the version that is still supported by Origin. It also features a lot more content than you may already have in your current version of The Sims 2.

The Sims 2 Ultimate Collection will appear in your Origin library automatically. You'll need to download and install it to your computer to play it.

You're free to continue playing your existing version of The Sims 2, but please note that it is an older edition of the game that will soon lose technical support. To continue receiving support on your progress of The Sims 2 — including Sims characters, houses, etc. — you will need to transfer your save files of The Sims 2 to the Ultimate Edition. To learn more about backing up your data, please visit http://help.ea.com/en/article/backing-up-your-sims-2-files/.

Once you've migrated your Sims' lives to The Sims 2 Ultimate Collection, you can better organize your Origin game library by hiding your previous version of The Sims 2. Click on the tile for The Sims 2 in your Game Library for the option to hide it. If you need additional directions, we've got you covered.

Thanks for your continuing passion for The Sims.

— Team Origin
  • bloodvioletbloodviolet Posts: 1,125 Member
    edited July 2014
    :lol: Well, it seems I'm not the only one pondering this question... I think it's likely that it's all the game with all the expansion and stuff packs included. I just wondered if it would have the Sims 2 Store Content included but that's probably too much to hope for.
  • momboqueenmomboqueen Posts: 1,721 Member
    edited July 2014
    I have nor received an email yet but I guess it sounds good. I don't think I'm missing much but then again how would I know,lol. I bought mine a couple years ago on origin. Didn't play it much it just seemed so different than 3.
  • Julia526Julia526 Posts: 4,194 Member
    edited July 2014
    I might just be the base game with all patches
  • aprlmaprlm Posts: 660 Member
    edited July 2014
    I got the email too, kind of excited to be honest xD
    a.k.a *April* My Sims 3 page
  • pepperjax1230pepperjax1230 Posts: 7,953 Member
    edited July 2014
    Its the entire Sims 2 Collection and its free if you got that email. I already checked on the chat what it was.
    tenor.gif?itemid=5228641
  • Shellyrae593Shellyrae593 Posts: 18 Member
    edited July 2014
    :) Very Happy :)
  • LaBlue0314LaBlue0314 Posts: 17,436 Member
    edited July 2014
    :D yea :D
  • DonLatharoDonLatharo Posts: 151 Member
    edited July 2014
    Not happy :hunf:, I have almost all the expansion packs (don't have free time) and did not receive the e-mail, I have not registered any of these games, and non are on origin, they are all physical copies... Not fair if they only give it out to the people who have their games on origin :evil: :evil:
  • momboqueenmomboqueen Posts: 1,721 Member
    edited July 2014
    On mts ts2forum they are talking about it. A lot of people have been able to get their discs registered to origin via live chat. You might check that out.
  • pepperjax1230pepperjax1230 Posts: 7,953 Member
    edited July 2014
    DonLatharo wrote:
    Not happy :hunf:, I have almost all the expansion packs (don't have free time) and did not receive the e-mail, I have not registered any of these games, and non are on origin, they are all physical copies... Not fair if they only give it out to the people who have their games on origin :evil: :evil:
    I only have Bon Voyage on origins and it was my only digital copy and I got the email.
    tenor.gif?itemid=5228641
  • FluorescentSoapFluorescentSoap Posts: 1,472 Member
    edited July 2014
    Talking to an advisor, :<
    tumblr_inline_oqdvr8Z3jV1qbd7br_540.gif
    ⌠ Team Holy Hêll ⌡ [Currently playing TS4]
  • KFrithKFrith Posts: 181 Member
    edited July 2014
    I have all the sims 2 games on disc, and ive been trying to get trhough to ea help chat, but the websites been down for ages. I hope i can get my physical copies redeemed. Ive finally got into chat, but will probably be a few hours wait. Hope they help.
  • AdrienneRasorAdrienneRasor Posts: 21
    edited July 2014
    Hi all!

Like some of you, I got the email today but the game never showed up in Origin. So I did some digging, and I found that everyone who got the email should have the game show up in the next 5 days.
  • AUWoofieAUWoofie Posts: 186 Member
    edited July 2014
    I didn't get the email :(

Only ealier this month I decided to register my game on origin and then they replace the sims 2 with the double deluxe, but I would like the ultimate since I don't have any expansion packs for the game expect for Night Life which came with double deluxe.

Edit: Spoke to a clueless game advisor who said I do not qualify because I had a physical copy and then upgraded to a digital. I hope she is wrong tho
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • IncredibleDesiIncredibleDesi Posts: 176 New Member
    edited July 2014
    I haven't checked my email yet but I will soon.
    I don't know what use it will be since I already have every Expansion pack and Stuff pack.
  • BlueStreetBlueStreet Posts: 174 Member
    edited July 2014
    KFrith wrote:
    I have all the sims 2 games on disc, and ive been trying to get trhough to ea help chat, but the websites been down for ages. I hope i can get my physical copies redeemed. Ive finally got into chat, but will probably be a few hours wait. Hope they help.

i've heard it's only for those who've had a digital copy.. i have all the hard copies too.
  • MsPhyMsPhy Posts: 5,055 Member
    edited July 2014
    It's worth contacting EA and asking. (I did not get the email). Most of my TS2 stuff is on disks, but I did have some digital content I bought when it was EA Downloader instead of Origin. (It used to show up under My Games with Origin, but at some point in the past the stuff all disappeared). Regardless, when I contacted them they said they could see all my registered game and all the digital EPs etc. I'd bought for TS3, so they gave me the TS 2 Ultimate Collection anyway, AND they gave me a 15% discount code for a future purchase.

To contact them, I went to the following link and selected Origin, PC, Codes (for topic), then typed "Sims 2 Ultimate Collection" in the "Please tell us a little more" box. Then it gave me the option to have them call me back or to wait for an online chat window. I chose to have them call me back because the time was shorter--11 minutes (it was early in the morning). They did call me back in 17 minutes and were very nice about everything. Don't know if it will work for everyone, but it doesn't hurt to try.

https://help.ea.com/en/contact-us/new/
  • GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,502 Member
    edited July 2014
    I got the email notification you've cited. I was busy editing a book at the time I saw it pop up and didn't have a moment to check into it. It wasn't until today that I saw the email. I'm rather puzzled, though, because in checking Origin, the version they mentioned hasn't shown up, yet.

I've just recently considered re-installing my Sims2 games. (I have the whole thing, start to finish, on disk.) My oldest grandson got his wee hands on the base game disk, however, and I'm told he trashed it. :shock: So, I was happy to see it on Origin. Now, they're telling us it's unsupported. Do they mean the patches? I was wondering where I'd find the patches, anyway. That's what has kept me from installing it again. Does anyone know where or if said patches can be obtained?

I'm also on a newer computer than I was when I began. OS is Windows 7. I'm not sure if it's compatible. Since I uninstalled it years ago, I have no Sims or games to save from it. I would be starting completely from scratch. (Might be fun.)
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,502 Member
    edited July 2014
    DonLatharo wrote:

All of my Sims games are on disk. However, I regularly registered them as I was installing them. That's how mine are in the Origin library. I'm guessing this is one of many benefits for registering our games. My only sad thing about any of this, is I didn't think (at the time I uninstalled Sims2) to save any of my Store content! I didn't have much, but I did have the baby playmat and the baby chair allowing the baby to play. I don't think we got a swing in Sims2, but it's been so very long ago.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • MsPhyMsPhy Posts: 5,055 Member
    edited July 2014
    I got the email notification you've cited. I was busy editing a book at the time I saw it pop up and didn't have a moment to check into it. It wasn't until today that I saw the email. I'm rather puzzled, though, because in checking Origin, the version they mentioned hasn't shown up, yet.

I've just recently considered re-installing my Sims2 games. (I have the whole thing, start to finish, on disk.) My oldest grandson got his wee hands on the base game disk, however, and I'm told he trashed it. :shock: So, I was happy to see it on Origin. Now, they're telling us it's unsupported. Do they mean the patches? I was wondering where I'd find the patches, anyway. That's what has kept me from installing it again. Does anyone know where or if said patches can be obtained?

I'm also on a newer computer than I was when I began. OS is Windows 7. I'm not sure if it's compatible. Since I uninstalled it years ago, I have no Sims or games to save from it. I would be starting completely from scratch. (Might be fun.)

I'm taking it that by "unsupported," they mean if something goes wrong with your game (or your disk), you're on your own (which I feel like we've been for some time now). I would imagine that they're also removing any patches that are still out there, so if you reinstalled your old game, when it searched for patches it would not find any.

The ultimate collection should be completely patched, one reason for releasing it this way.

Some of my friends had trouble getting TS2 to run on Windows 7 and Windows 8. The ones who use 7 pointed me to the following video that explains how to fix the compatibility.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PwqBECnGPis