Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

So everyone is leaving Sims 3 behind?

Seems everybody is gonna get Sims 4.

So are the Sims 3 forums gonna disappaer soon after?

I barely got my sims 3 not long ago...well i got it like few months or year ago but i haven't really played cause i was preparing everything, patching, getting MODS, getting CC.

Comments

• Options
    EvalenEvalen Posts: 10,223 Member
    edited July 2014
    I love Sims 3, but I know I will be leaving.
    The forum will be here for quite awhile and I will still have the Sims 3 on my computer if I ever want to visit it again. Have fun with your Sims 3.
  • Options
    ChelleJoChelleJo Posts: 7,087 Member
    edited July 2014
    I'll be getting Sims 4, but I have no intention of leaving my Sims 3 behind. I spent far too much time and money to get the game right where I want it to be. Plus, Sims 4 will have a long way to go before it's where I want it to be.

I'll still come to the forums and play Sims 3, even after getting Sims 4.
    p8L4V6v.png
  • Options
    Wishonmeh05Wishonmeh05 Posts: 637 Member
    edited July 2014
    I have absolutely no plans on buying Sims 4 and will keep playing Sims 3 as long as I can.
  • Options
    bshag4lvbshag4lv Posts: 9,378 Member
    edited July 2014
    I just can't leave sims 3 behind, after playing around with the sims 4 demo I keep looking for CAS, lol. :lol:
    In my house, dog hair sticks to everything but the dog.
  • Options
    Jazz-Hands-OKJazz-Hands-OK Posts: 144 Member
    edited July 2014
    vesvezDat wrote:

I barely got my sims 3 not long ago...well i got it like few months or year ago but i haven't really played cause i was preparing everything, patching, getting MODS, getting CC.

Obvious troll is obvious.

He was posting this over on the Sims 4 section two days ago.

http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/762809.page

'Sims 4 is a disaster and only fanboys and long time fans are ready to buy it now.'

Run outside and play.
  • Options
    MinDtriKzMinDtriKz Posts: 5,441 Member
    edited July 2014
    vesvezDat wrote:

Obvious troll is obvious.

He was posting this over on the Sims 4 section two days ago.

http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/762809.page

'Sims 4 is a disaster and only fanboys and long time fans are ready to buy it now.'

Run outside and play.

He's been creating nothing but threads over the past week. It's apparent they aren't created for any real purpose, as he doesn't read/care about the answers
  • Options
    lisasc360lisasc360 Posts: 19,284 Member
    edited July 2014
    Please don't assume that everyone is leaving TS3 for TS4 because there is a lot of players that will be sticking with TS3. Not everyone is impressed with what EA is doing with TS4 especially since EA has removed a lot of stuff that is usually in the base game of the previous series. I myself will be sticking with TS3 for as long a possible as I still have a lot I want to do with the game and stuff still to learn. And if and when I do decide to switch to TS4, it will be years after it's release or if and when EA decides to release TS5. But then again, I might end my Simming experience with TS3 and not worry about any of the newer Sims games that come out afterwards.
  • Options
    TreyNutzTreyNutz Posts: 5,780 Member
    edited July 2014
    I currently don't have any plans to buy Sims 4. I just bought TS3 last December and just yesterday bought the last EP I'm interested in. TS3 is still very new to me.

I probably won't be in the market for TS4 until Christmas 2015 at the earliest. By then I should know from reviews and forums whether TS4 is worth it and how effective the inevitable patches are. I would expect at least one EP by then too.

The only issue is No Man's Sky, which is scheduled to be released the same time. If No Man's Sky lives up it's promise, I would absolutely put off TS4 even longer.
  • Options
    Kaike78Kaike78 Posts: 414 Member
    edited July 2014
    I'm not buying The Sims 4 and I have no plans to quit playing The Sims 3. I was finally able to play TS3 when I got a new gaming computer last June and will stick around as long as this site is still up. :)
    "Yes: I am a dreamer. For a dreamer is one who can only find his way by moonlight and his punishment is that he sees the dawn before the rest of the world."

-Oscar Wilde

• Options
    DrkHrtAngelDrkHrtAngel Posts: 102 New Member
    edited July 2014
    At this time I have no desire to go to TS4. For a few reasons.

1) We still have NOT been told the specs on the game. I don't understand how people can pre-order a game if they don't even know if their computer will handle said game.

2) EA has removed items in the product that has upset many people, myself included. Toddlers, pools, open world, etc...

3) EA has raised the price for, imo, an incomplete game. I am a consumer, it is my money and I can't see spending my money on something that is incomplete. Yes, I understand there will be EP's for the game. But, again imo, why would I spend money on an EP for items that should have been in the base game?

4) It is 2014! Having to use rabbit holes or loading pages to go into town is a thing of the past. I like to have my sims go for walks or jog through town. I as a consumer am shocked EA would regress the game instead of moving it forward. Yes CAS seems to be a little better as well as building lots. The emotions imo is a plus. The rest of the game the Gurus have talked about is less.

5) Console games are improving as well as computer games. Yet, EA has taken a step back on TS4? I'm sorry I don't understand how we as consumers will put up with this. Maxis and EA is a company, with a CEO and Stockholders that want the almighty dollar. IMO, I say they need to step up their game if they want said dollar.

• Options
    OhHeyLuckyOhHeyLucky Posts: 1,338 Member
    edited July 2014
    vesvezDat wrote:

Not everyone. You couldn't pay me to buy that game. From the looks of it all, it's a sorry excuse for The Sims 2.5.

I've sunk enough money into the franchise as it is. The Sims 3 is where I'm happy, and that's where I stay.
  • Options
    jauntyjaunty Posts: 3,336 Member
    edited July 2014
    I am sticking with the sims 3 :-D
    Sorry EA,but you are not tempting me to part with my £60 on a game that does not seem worth it :-/
    m0oUDbi.jpg
  • Options
    xkaylanicolexxkaylanicolex Posts: 3,760 Member
    edited July 2014
    nope
  • Options
    carlystur03carlystur03 Posts: 435 Member
    edited July 2014
    I love the open world too much in Sims 3 to leave it behind right away. I'm probably not going to get Sims 4 right away either. I want to wait and see some LPs before I decide. I do want the CAS Demo, though. :D
  • Options
    LaBlue0314LaBlue0314 Posts: 17,436 Member
    edited July 2014
    I made the mistake of leaving TS2 behind (I no longer have the games), I'm not making that mistake again.
  • Options
    FluorescentSoapFluorescentSoap Posts: 1,472 Member
    edited July 2014
    I doubt it, look at Sims 2 still going strong, still has tons of new CC being made for it and people are active on the MTS2 forums. :D and Sims 3 will only just be over, and not everyone is getting Sims 4 or likes the idea of it. I'm sticking with 3 and I aint touching 4 until I see some reviews and a price drop lol.
    tumblr_inline_oqdvr8Z3jV1qbd7br_540.gif
    ⌠ Team Holy Hêll ⌡ [Currently playing TS4]
  • Options
    TadOlsonTadOlson Posts: 11,380 Member
    edited July 2014
    I won't even think about touching TS4 until after my TS3 collection is complete and I've got all EP's and SP's for TS3.I would know more about TS4 by that time and might be interested in trying it out.
    44620367775_0442f830c1_n.jpg
  • Options
    LittleMinxUndrLittleMinxUndr Posts: 4,196 Member
    edited July 2014
    To be honest I can't wait to leave this buggy mess behind and I see my TS4 playtime quickly eating into my TS3 playtime. But I'm still doing the Going Solo challenge so TS3 is not put down right away.

I guess it will go the way of TS2 for me, hardly ever played anymore but still nice to revisit every now and then. Who knows, maybe I'll even create a world in CAW as somewhat of a DIY-project.

It's that I can't watch TS1 anymore because the transition to HD it did not really survive (TS2 is pushing it already), but in essence, the Sims is never really gone, if only because I still hum the TS1 buildmusic!
  • Options
    SuttiPuttSuttiPutt Posts: 3,620 Member
    edited July 2014
    I will continue to play the sims3,I have no plans as of yet of getting the sims4,I would like to play with what I have for a while longer and not jump and get another game before I know more about it and the price goes down first.Hopefully they will keep the store open a good long while after sims4 comes out so that we will be able to complete our sets and get the worlds or venues we want before it closes.
  • Options
    CatLandCatLand Posts: 760 New Member
    edited July 2014
    No, still on Sims 3 over here. I don't have the time or money for an upgrade and I haven't seen enough of Sims 4 to be interested in it at the moment. Besides, I like where my game is at :D .
  • Options
    WaytoomanyUIDsWaytoomanyUIDs Posts: 845 Member
    edited July 2014
    I don't know if TS3 will be as long lived as TS2, there are still people playing it and having a blast. But I intend to continue playing TS3 for the foreseeable future
    Origin/Gallery ID: WaytoomanyUIDs
  • Options
    Waterpuff1Waterpuff1 Posts: 18 Member
    edited July 2014
    Sims 4 does look cool, but it's hella expensive, and besides, I got the Sims 3 JUST this May. I think it's too soon to ask my parents for another game :lol: