Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Are there ways to create drama, scandals, events, situations: so that it's not as boring?

I"ve been playing Sims 3 and i just can't get into it. There's basically nothing happening. I live in my own house. I just sleep, eat, check the computer and listen to music.

I put a household full of girls next door. I go visit them, i try to be freindly with everyone. then i went back home and then, they came to my house for some reason but
then i just spend alot of time trying to romance them and kiss them and then trying to do woohoo.... and they all reject me.

But anyways, trying just to form a relationship with a girl is tedious. ANd boring because the girl does nothing surprising, creates no scandals, drama, situations...
I just have to keep pushing the TALK, or KISS, or whatever. the same buttons. over and over and over.... If would be more fun, if the girl did something on her own. or had some cool or weird events hapen in her life.

Also, just overall nothing happens with Sims/townies. NO drama, no scandals, no events, no situations.

For example, why aren't there things like:
-kid comes sneaking to my house and leaves an unusual object laying in the front of my house. LIke a Car tire or something. Then it becomes a mystery.
-Girl from somewhere around the city comes to my house and wants to seduce me.
-Some crime breaks and police stops in my neighborhood. then asks all the households something and offers reward for the capture of some guy.

Many people mention Sims 2 was better because there was more situations and stuff.
Were there things like the above in Sims 2?

SIms 3 has nothing going on. The only things that happen are the messages that pop up saying that so and so Sims became a couple or so and so household moved in to my neighborhood.

Are there any MODS that help create Drama, scandals, Events, Situations?

Comments

• vesvezDatvesvezDat Posts: 491 Member
    edited July 2014
    And it's not just me saying it. Many people are saying how Sims 3 is so boring cause nothing happens.

Here's a post

" I loved all of the random-crazy and I miss it. I get bored of The Sims 3, because nothing happens, ever. The npcs are so boring, and their stories suck. Sims 2 was probably the best of the series. I have high hopes for Sims 4. EA, please, please, do not fail me again…"
    edited July 2014
    And there's suggestions out there in webpages about how to make the Sims 3 fun,
    because many users are saying it's boring.

And the websites suggestions are things like "Make your sims dysfunctional and fight with eachother"
    But that's not the problem. The problem is that nothing happens with the town people!!! or with Sims i created but i want them to come up with stuff on their own. I don't want to make them do things by telling them what to do. I want them to do things themselves.
    interesting things.

they do nothing!
    I play 1 household, i want other households and townies to do things on their own and affect my household or interact with my household sims.
  • sassykiwi92sassykiwi92 Posts: 133 Member
    edited July 2014
    I see my townspeople fighting all the time. I've even witnessed my Sim walk up to a random townie and slap them for no apparent reason. Also, with the University EP, my Sims always get invited to parties. NPCs invite my Sims just to hang out quite often and on dates and such. I've had random NPCs visit the household, too.

I get too much NPC action sometimes.
  • MikezumiMikezumi Posts: 49,697 Member
    edited July 2014
    I really think this game is not for you. Cut your losses and move on to a game that's more your style.
  • TadOlsonTadOlson Posts: 11,380 Member
    edited July 2014
    This game can be fun though you have to learn how to make it interesting like using your imagination to decided what crazt things are going to happen to the sims and you might find it more fun to play out the lives of all of the households in town ans switch between them like I do.I always save my games and they all involve playig multiple households and I often put little challenges and back stories into the games like making my Winfield founders start out on a large empty lot and take time to build their house and wait it out through a cold harsh winter before adding to their property.I also used the constant rainy days to make out their town was under a flood threat from the rain and the sudden thaw in the spring.I also had one get robbed and told about the outlaw getting caught at her house by the town sheriff and sent back to wher he'd come from.That game is set during the 1850's and I had the town's population growing by moving new households in and playing each of them in turn.I usually do that with all of my games and I create stories for the games even if the story is simple.My Winfield game had brutal cold and endless blizzards all winter and spring brought flooding threats after the thaw and they didn't get to add onto their houses or build anything until later in the season.
    44620367775_0442f830c1_n.jpg
  • CatLandCatLand Posts: 760 New Member
    edited July 2014
    Hmmm... I get people visiting my house, Sims going to/throwing parties, Sims cheating on each other, fights, break-ups, marriages, divorces and so on without my input. Do you have your game set to 'High Free Will'?

The only other thing I could recommend is maybe Twallan's 'Story Progression' mod, or any of his mods really I use about 5 of them (mostly because my game has a terrible crashing problem which these mods seem to fix).

The site is here, the mod list is on the left: http://nraas.wikispaces.com/

He has a few other ones that might appeal to you, but I use Story Progression in my game sometimes which increases crazy scenarios for me. There are various options for increasing the likelihood of situations such as affairs with this mod if that's what you were after.

Other than that I'm really not sure...
  • FluorescentSoapFluorescentSoap Posts: 1,472 Member
    edited July 2014
    I have NRAAS story progression so my town is lively, people constantly breaking up, marrying, getting pregnant, caught cheating, losing their job or changing job.
    tumblr_inline_oqdvr8Z3jV1qbd7br_540.gif
    ⌠ Team Holy Hêll ⌡ [Currently playing TS4]
  • AmiRijoAmiRijo Posts: 677 Member
    edited July 2014
    Mikezumi wrote:
    I really think this game is not for you. Cut your losses and move on to a game that's more your style.
    I agree. I'm not trying to be mean but you post displeasure with how the game is all the time. If you are this dissatisfied it's obviously not for you.
    Origin ID: AmiRijo
    I signed http://www.sims2.net/pledge/
    ZfzDIiOeZzDJ6.gif
  • MinDtriKzMinDtriKz Posts: 5,441 Member
    edited July 2014
    You hate TS3 yet create threads on it every single day. Okay.
  • Waterpuff1Waterpuff1 Posts: 18 Member
    edited July 2014
    It's definitely more interesting when you have more than one sim in the active household. My current household has 2 elders, five young adults, five teens, and a baby that are all part of the same family. :D
  • igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    edited July 2014
    The OP plays his game (so he says) in short sessions and refuses to save. He is starting over entirely with each session. No story progression system will take root and cause interesting things to happen because he isn't giving relationships enough time to form properly.

Recently the OP has posted complaining that
    -- sims never go to school (because it's always Sunday if you keep starting over)
    -- doesn't know how to get a job
    -- doesn't know how to go grocery shopping or what to do with food
    -- nothing every catches fire or blows up in his game sessions (this one repeatedly)
    -- keeps insisting he should have access to objects pertaining to EPs that he doesn't own
    -- describes great mods he's found and gets their intended purpose all wrong

The OP is apparently just here seeking attention, not to get game advice. I usually just step in when he proclaims something about the game or a mod that is just totally incorrect so as to lessen the confusion of others. He has, probably unintentionally, sparked some pretty good conversations about elements of the game along the way though.

o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net
  • AmiRijoAmiRijo Posts: 677 Member
    edited July 2014
    igazor wrote:
    The OP plays his game (so he says) in short sessions and refuses to save. He is starting over entirely with each session. No story progression system will take root and cause interesting things to happen because he isn't giving relationships enough time to form properly.

-- sims never go to school (because it's always Sunday if you keep starting over)
    -- nothing every catches fire or blows up in his game sessions (this one repeatedly)
    -- keeps insisting he should have access to objects pertaining to EPs that he doesn't own

The OP is apparently just here seeking attention, not to get game advice. I usually just step in when he proclaims something about the game or a mod that is just totally incorrect so as to lessen the confusion of others. He has, probably unintentionally, sparked some pretty good conversations about elements of the game along the way though.

:shock: I never saw in other threads that he starts over each time. Explains a lot if these are legit questions. :lol:
    Origin ID: AmiRijo
    I signed http://www.sims2.net/pledge/
    ZfzDIiOeZzDJ6.gif
  • ChelleJoChelleJo Posts: 7,087 Member
    edited July 2014
    AmiRijo wrote:
    igazor wrote:

:shock: I never saw in other threads that he starts over each time. Explains a lot if these are legit questions. :lol:

He's stated a few times that he plays for about 10 minutes and never saves. Explains why nothing ever happens. But even if he played longer, this game will never be what he wants it to be. I doubt any Sims game will be. Ever. Honestly, if it were the way he describes he wants his game to be, I'd quit playing.
    p8L4V6v.png
  • TreyNutzTreyNutz Posts: 5,780 Member
    edited July 2014
    vesvezDat wrote:
    For example, why aren't there things like:
    -kid comes sneaking to my house and leaves an unusual object laying in the front of my house. LIke a Car tire or something. Then it becomes a mystery.
    -Girl from somewhere around the city comes to my house and wants to seduce me.
    -Some crime breaks and police stops in my neighborhood. then asks all the households something and offers reward for the capture of some guy.

Many people mention Sims 2 was better because there was more situations and stuff.
    Were there things like the above in Sims 2?

No. I played TS2 for years and things like that didn't happen. There was no neighborhood in TS3. Each residential lot was almost it's own save game where nothing happened unless you played it. And you couldn't visit other homes.
  • WissaWolfWissaWolf Posts: 636 Member
    edited July 2014
    Get Story Progression! And dude, the funniest mods ever are like Violence and Crime.. I dunno, but it adds some weird stuff. It doesn't happen autonomously, so you don't have to worry about it interfering with realism. Here's the video.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=waHo0TMvcW0
    edited July 2014
    WissaWolf wrote:
    Get Story Progression! And dude, the funniest mods ever are like Violence and Crime.. I dunno, but it adds some weird stuff. It doesn't happen autonomously, so you don't have to worry about it interfering with realism. Here's the video.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=waHo0TMvcW0

I have story progression by nraas. It doesn't really cause anything to happen.

The only things that happen are people go to town and walk around or do activities with themselves, chat , have picnics, sit in benches, play balloon fights with themselves.
    But none of them interact with my sim and start actions towards my Sim.

They don't cause problems, they don't cause drama. nothing.

Is there a way to do it?
    What settings do i use?

• StoreAccountStoreAccount Posts: 1,504 Member
    edited July 2014
    vesvezDat wrote:
    I put a household full of girls next door. I go visit them, i try to be freindly with everyone. then i went back home and then, they came to my house for some reason but
    then i just spend alot of time trying to romance them and kiss them and then trying to do woohoo.... and they all reject me.
    I think there are some online games which would better suit your playing style than the Sims. You can woohoo till your heart's content! :)