Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

No Grocery Stores Confirmed

Comments

• Options
    benz0sbenz0s Posts: 271 Member
    edited July 2014
    What the actual ****?

Is there going to be anything available for Sims outside their home and the park? :?
  • Options
    SadieD123SadieD123 Posts: 1,317 Member
    edited July 2014
    So where is there to go in Sims 4 besides other houses, parks, and bars? They don't have a beach, there are no pools, no laundry so no laundromats, no grocery store and quite possibly no book store either. Where are all my sims gonna go in their leisure? I don't want them just staying home whenever they aren't at work or at school.
    275f503fc4c6c8ef197baeea76ebe0f91373200482_full_zpscc1a19512.gif
  • Options
    EvalenEvalen Posts: 10,223 Member
    edited July 2014
    nekobear wrote:
    Evalen wrote:
    I'm beginning to get the feeling that Simmers are paranoid.
    why of course there is going to be a way to get food, we just don't know how yes. but you do know that your sim is not going to starve, there is cooking, so there has to be a way to get food.
    Come on simmers, stop making a mountain out of a mole hill.
    I'm sure there is but I have to admit this is just silly removing grocery stores...I like having my sim go out and buy stuff

Well the grocery was RH, so maybe they have come with a better way. we could not go in the grocery anyway. I wonder if they will have cash registers, I would like that.
  • Options
    kovu0207kovu0207 Posts: 6,209 Member
    edited July 2014
    SadieD123 wrote:
    So where is there to go in Sims 4 besides other houses, parks, and bars? They don't have a beach, there are no pools, no laundry so no laundromats, no grocery store and quite possibly no book store either. Where are all my sims gonna go in their leisure? I don't want them just staying home whenever they aren't at work or at school.

The gym :wink:

kovu0207ver2.jpg
  • Options
    simIrrevirresimIrrevirre Posts: 763 Member
    edited July 2014
    Where's the gameplay? There's nothing to do for the sims. Hanging in the park and socialize with wrestlers with stupid mask will get very boring very fast.
    I might as well watch youtube when someone else plays the game :?

• Options
    KeffersKeffers Posts: 984 Member
    edited July 2014
    To be fare, I've never had to buy groceries in the Sims 3 either. I only ever go to the grocery shop to buy watermelons or apples.
  • Options
    mwdonohuemwdonohue Posts: 3,307 Member
    edited July 2014
    Zerbu wrote:
    @Libra_Style @JoeParkinson6 There is no grocery store in The Sims 4 at this time.

I can get used to being without certain features...
    But what I want to know is, what does the game have? It feels like we know far more about what it doesn't have than what it does!

It's probably because groceries aren't emotional enough and they would distract from the "core gameplay"
  • Options
    EvalenEvalen Posts: 10,223 Member
    edited July 2014
    SEAKA wrote:
    Evalen wrote:
    I'm beginning to get the feeling that Simmers are paranoid.
    why of course there is going to be a way to get food, we just don't know how yes. but you do know that your sim is not going to starve, there is cooking, so there has to be a way to get food.
    Come on simmers, stop making a mountain out of a mole hill.

Clearly we know there will be food. Just apparently it comes from thin air.

We are not making a mountain out of a molehill by reacting to ANOTHER disappointment.

that's the mountain, you don't know what is happening or how it will work and everyone is all up in arms. You know that it will be some way for the sims to get groceries. So why worry about something you know will be, but maybe different. by phone, delivery, tablet, computer. many ways, click on the Fridge and order. my, my, what worry warts. you think that would stop me from getting the game, that makes me laugh.
    When the sims first came out, we new nothing and we got it. And it was amazing, wow, What is wrong with you all, one little thing is said and everyone is off again.
  • Options
    SmylishSmylish Posts: 274 Member
    edited July 2014
    What the hell are they doing? I mean, what the hell is their plan?
    Graham said that there are still many nice things to be discovered about the game.. if that's the case, then why aren't they showing that instead of confirming bad news after bad news?
    Even I were excited for the game and now I'm starting to think maybe it isn't that nice o.o I will buy it so I can actually experiment it and form an opinion about it, but honestly. Are they trying to make us uninterested about the game? Because they sure are succeeding at that.

Do they even have a marketing plan? xD Just start informing us about the things that make the game nice. Sharing bad news all the time isn't helping your case at all. And your case isn't very good to begin with. We need information about the gameplay. And PLEASE, shut up about emotions.

Their marketing is based on Negativity. They are focusing on what the game doesn't have, and not in what the games actually has. Get your 🐸🐸🐸🐸 together, EA. Or whoever.
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    kovu0207 wrote:
    SadieD123 wrote:

The gym :wink:

lol. Ahhh yes the gym. The only actual place that we can (kinda) confirms exist.
  • Options
    InannaWintermoonInannaWintermoon Posts: 3,400 Member
    edited July 2014
    Are we sure it exsists? **giggles**
    It's quite drop from the top, so how ya feeling down there?
  • Options
    Jarsie9Jarsie9 Posts: 12,714 Member
    edited July 2014
    Evalen wrote:

that's the mountain, you don't know what is happening or how it will work and everyone is all up in arms. You know that it will be some way for the sims to get groceries. So why worry about something you know will be, but maybe different. by phone, delivery, tablet, computer. many ways, click on the Fridge and order. my, my, what worry warts. you think that would stop me from getting the game, that makes me laugh.
    When the sims first came out, we new nothing and we got it. And it was amazing, wow, What is wrong with you all, one little thing is said and everyone is off again.

When The Sims first came out back in 2000, it was the first game of its kind, a genuine life simulator that attracted a large female demographic because it was *different* from all the other games because it allowed the player to become a God and control the lives of his/her own little people. It also allowed the player to build homes and create their own stories. With The Sims 2, we got generational game play and 3-D animations. We also got open venues like in The Sims; some of which were the grocery store and the restaurant. In Sims 3, we got to take our Sims to the grocery, but that was a rabbithole...we lost clothing stores but we got the open world system.

So far, in The Sims 4, we've lost toddlers, pools, rabbit holes, and the open world. Now we have no grocery stores. We have babies, but they're the same babies that we had in TS2. Here is one place where I wish they'd put those little footed pajamas on them the babies had in The Sims. And it basically looks like we have no open venues. Oh yes, we've lost drive-able cars as well. Sure, they've added a few new features, but none of the new features are totally overwhelming. In fact, I expect to see these threads erupt with people complaining about how poorly the emotions have been implemented, and how distracting they are to the actual game play and how annoying they are (Pretty much how memories worked in The Sims 3 until the Devs added in the ability to disable them.)

I'm glad you're looking forward to buying this game, Evalen, but as for me, for the first time I can remember, the more I hear about what is being stripped from the game, the less inclined I am to invest any money on it; and this coming from a person who got almost every Sims 3 title the day it was released. I'm not willing to throw 60-70 bucks away on a product that has been stripped of some of its most vital elements.

As enthusiastic as I was about The Sims 3 when it first came out...that's about how unenthusiastic I'm now feeling about The Sims 4.
    EA Marketing Department Motto:
    "We Don't Care If You LIKE The Game, Just As Long As You BUY The Game!"
    B)
    I Disapprove (Naturally)
    I Took The Pledge!
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    SadieD123 wrote:

lol. Ahhh yes the gym. The only actual place that we can (kinda) confirms exist.

Hey now one out of a whole neighbourhood isn't that bad right...

:wink:
    kovu0207ver2.jpg
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    kovu0207 wrote:
    SadieD123 wrote:

Hey now one out of a whole neighbourhood isn't that bad right...

:wink:

lol. I guess.... but when that neighborhood can only have 25 lots at maximum it seems like it'll just take up space. And it's not like I can add lots to the world. I'm basically stuck.
  • Options
    MissTexasBMissTexasB Posts: 372 Member
    edited July 2014
    Larium1 wrote:
    Zerbu wrote:
    @Libra_Style @JoeParkinson6 There is no grocery store in The Sims 4 at this time.

I can get used to being without certain features...
    But what I want to know is, what does the game have? It feels like we know far more about what it doesn't have than what it does!

So again, what is in this base game exactly? :roll:

Emotions, enhanced Create a Sim and Build mode. And That's it! Everything will come separately or will not come at all :wink:

That's not all! Remember we have "smart sims" now that can talk in groups and are better at finding paths, I also remember something about more then one sim can use the stairs at the same time. Of course it's been a while since these things have been "confirmed" so they may not be in the game anymore.
  • Options
    delonarieldelonariel Posts: 615 New Member
    edited July 2014
    This is seriously the biggest blow to me since toddlers.

I'm a huge foodie and shopper in the Sims. I loved shopping for gifts and baking ingredients in TS1, the interactive grocery stores (with the freezer bunny!) in TS2, I even loved the TS3 rabbithole shopping because we got to pick specific ingredients for different dishes.

So what now? Will there be a CAF, Create-a-Food interface our sims can access when they go to the fridge that will automatically charge us for the groceries? In that case will there be any point growing our own vegetables in the first place?

What is even in this game? Right now I have it down to careers, skills, emotions, Barack Obama, and gardening.
  • Options
    raybigbearraybigbear Posts: 369 Member
    edited July 2014
    No preorder from me comfirmed
  • Options
    AthenaOnyxAthenaOnyx Posts: 3,921 Member
    edited July 2014
    I was hoping gardening would stay the same, it's one the features from the 3 that I actually enjoyed. If there's no grocery store, then this probably means gardening will also be excluded.
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    This whole thing is almost so bad it's funny. Like is just getting to the point now where it's past being severely disappointing and becoming funny because it's so sad.
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    AthenaOnyx wrote:
    I was hoping gardening would stay the same, it's one the features from the 3 that I actually enjoyed. If there's no grocery store, then this probably means gardening will also be excluded.

I'm pretty sure gardening has been confirmed. :)

Although obviously things could change before September.
    kovu0207ver2.jpg
  • Options
    pandabearroxpandabearrox Posts: 2,295 Member
    edited July 2014
    EMOTIONS!!!

WE HAVE EMOTIONS!!!!

F U EA!
  • Options
    pandabearroxpandabearrox Posts: 2,295 Member
    edited July 2014
    SadieD123 wrote:
    This whole thing is almost so bad it's funny. Like is just getting to the point now where it's past being severely disappointing and becoming funny because it's so sad.

Ahahahah I wasn't even disappointed. Its gotten so ridiculous.
  • Options
    GoodywoodGoodywood Posts: 4,615 Member
    edited July 2014
    Remind me why this cost 70 bucks again?

All that pre-order bonus content should just be included in the base since they aren't adding a lot of features.

Seriously what's the WOW factor about this game?
    PLEASE FIX TEENS IN TS4! I NEED YOUNGER TEENS NOT YA TEENS! (^_^)Please add Music Bands with lead singers! Please add vehicles and garages! Vehicles have always been part of The Sims.
  • Options
    SimplyJenSimplyJen Posts: 14,828 Member
    edited July 2014
    kovu0207 wrote:
    AthenaOnyx wrote:

I'm pretty sure gardening has been confirmed. :)

Although obviously things could change before September.
    Gardening has been confirmed. Gardeners are coming back as well but you can't hire them. They visit community lots only.

If EA decides to pull back on gardening too... I guess I wouldn't be surprised. :roll:
    i7-13700K • 16GB • RTX 4070
    S3 simblr: http://simplysimming.tumblr.com/
    S4 simblr: http://simlogic.tumblr.com/
  • Options
    DrewRowlandDrewRowland Posts: 2,057 Member
    edited July 2014
    :roll:

I wonder what the next feature to not be in the game is.